Team-BHP - The Green Assassin - My 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   The Green Assassin - My 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/126273-green-assassin-my-2012-kawasaki-ninja-650-a-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbp (Post 2922517)
Attachment 995273

Rode her all the way from Mysore, I had to take a lengthy route due to the Cauvery issue. But the route was scenic and beautiful, the Ninja kept everyone on the road hooked on to her, she is such a beauty, from front most think it is a Fazer, but as soon as they see her from side on, boy, you should see their expressions. Maybe a 100 villagers told me the headlight is on, I kept nodding my head, whenever they informed me about it.

Route

Mysore -> KR Nagar -> Chennraypatna -> Kunigal -> Nelmangala -> BLR

Total distance around 250+ kms.

I will post more in the ownership thread.

@Narula:- I agree the headlights are pathetic, it should improve if the alignment is corrected.

How is the riding position in general? Is the riding position a pain to your arms?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopolitan (Post 2922732)
Can we switch of the headlamps in N650 or is it always on as in case of HD?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopolitan (Post 2922760)
How is the riding position in general? Is the riding position a pain to your arms?

The riding position is fine, the best part is there is plenty of space for the rider to keep changing his position. At the end of the ride, I started to get a little neck pain, I am not used to this slightly sporty position coming from the Fiero.

Ok. So went out for a nice Sunday morning ride to Auto Service here in Bangalore and got the Frame Sliders and tank pad installed. She went in for a due wash and some TLC too.

Thanks to the nice chaps at AS and Venkat sir for taking care of my baby. Thanks also to fellow bhpian DJ for coming down for a smoke and some good company.

Next on the cards are the HID and the mirror which will go on next week.

Any news of the lot this month at bangalore, desparately waiting to try my luck

Quote:

Originally Posted by narula123 (Post 2925623)
Ok. So went out for a nice Sunday morning ride to Auto Service here in Bangalore and got the Frame Sliders and tank pad installed. She went in for a due wash and some TLC too.

That's a brilliant looking tankpad Narula. Looks electrifying. :)

Congrats rbp on getting your ride home and to ride 250 kms just to get her home - wonderful. Hope you had fun.
Is green the only color available as of now on the Ninja? What make/brand are the tires? Hope they are grippy enough.

Regards

Congrats for green monster . How did move the bike from north to south ? . No issues riding with UK number here ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by black12rr (Post 2926328)
Congrats for green monster . How did move the bike from north to south ? . No issues riding with UK number here ?

Thanks. Moved her through packers & movers (lost the left mirror in the bargain).

Quote:

Attachment 995273

Total distance around 250+ kms.

I will post more in the ownership thread.

@Narula:- I agree the headlights are pathetic, it should improve if the alignment is corrected.

Nice pic and thats a lot of kms on the first day!

narula, wnt switching to HID void warranty?

@ black12rr ?UK plates?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 2926863)
Nice pic and thats a lot of kms on the first day!

narula, wnt switching to HID void warranty?

@ black12rr ?UK plates?

Technically it should, but then the good folks at AS are there to watch my back. clap:

UK is for Uttarakhand.

Great, congrats, lovely pics. Waiting for the lucky draw stuff to happen, hope I am lucky enough. Happy riding. Please post in some ownership reports. Which company HId have you picked up.

Quote:

Fantastic man looks killer. Ride safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drrajanvr (Post 2927064)
Which company HId have you picked up.

Planning to pick up Philips. Need 4200k which is not readily available in the market so have asked a dealer to source it for me from the company. Fingers crossed, hope he can manage it. 6000k is readily available but is useless IMO since it blinds you in rain & fog.

Quote:

Originally Posted by narula123

Planning to pick up Philips. Need 4200k which is not readily available in the market so have asked a dealer to source it for me from the company. Fingers crossed, hope he can manage it. 6000k is readily available but is useless IMO since it blinds you in rain & fog.

Please try GHC, they have the 4200 k and also the 3800k.

My Ninja has done 660 Kms till date. I rode her in the traffic for around 30 kms, the heat is definitely a problem in traffic. I try to switch it off as much as possible in traffic, she heats up very quickly. I also had a chance to meet another rider on a Baby Ninja 250, I rode her for a few kms, I have to admit I have never ridden a bike with such sharp and confidence inspiring brakes, I still cannot believe that the 250 brakes are so good. The stability under braking on the 250 is some thing to be experienced, on the other hand the 650's brakes just dont have any feel at all. The ride quality of the 650 is way way better than the 250 no comparisons there. The best thing about the 650 is power on tap, the rider never feels out of power at least till 4000 rpm [thats the max I have ridden till date].

Guys I need to know a few details

1) Since I have never taken her above 4000 rpm, I dunno how she feels in the higher rpm's, does she have a burst of power in the higher rpms or it is linear acceleration? If yes than at what rpm?

2) I badly need a paddock stand, I cannot do any kind of maintenance work at present like chain cleaning etc. From where can I get the paddock stand? Any specific ones to look out for?

3) My bike is extremely smooth till 4K rpm, after that I feel vibes at the foot pegs. Any solution or anyone else exp the same?