Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2021, 11:07   #46
BHPian

Re: Superbike Batteries

Any indian alternative to Yuasa YTZ10S? I tried Exide XLTZ9 but is a bit taller and doesn't fit the battery bay of CBR 650F. Yuasa YTZ10S is 93mm tall while XLTZ9 is 105mm.

Unable to find Yuasa or similar brands anywhere. Don't want to go with crank1. Any other alternative that'd fit?
Old 24th March 2021, 20:29   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgps View Post
Any indian alternative to Yuasa YTZ10S? I tried Exide XLTZ9 but is a bit taller and doesn't fit the battery bay of CBR 650F. Yuasa YTZ10S is 93mm tall while XLTZ9 is 105mm.
Did you find any? There is an Amaron battery which is small, but I am not sure if its 7A or 9A.
How much does the stock one cost? And does Honda stock them?
Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 14:42   #48
BHPian

Blindly go for a SHIDO Lithium Ion battery. I'm using one on my Hayabusa, and it beats the stock AGM by miles. Baycity Speedshop in Mumbai will sell you one.
cosmic_ocean is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 13:20   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Unable to find Yuasa or similar brands anywhere. Don't want to go with crank1. Any other alternative that'd fit?
I highly recommend going with Shido batteries. Over a year ago, I got a Shido to replace the OEM battery on my Bonnie. While the OEM Yuasa battery at Triumph costs around 4.5k odd, the Shido cost me 13k. Expensive? Yes, but totally worth it.

The battery is light, requires less cranking power to start the bike and rate of discharge at rest is also very low (I have no aftermarket electronics on my bike that consumer power when the ignition is off). Thanks to the lockdown, the bike was not ridden much last year and was cranked up and ridden around the neighborhood once in two months or so. Yet, the bike cranked at first go and noticeably quicker when the starter button is depressed. These last really long as well and I guess they have a 3 year warranty.

Take a look at this -
n_aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 16:09   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Any indian alternative to Yuasa YTZ10S? Any other alternative that'd fit?
In case you did not get one yet, Amaron 'APBTZ 9R' is a direct fit for CBR 650F. Costs around 2k.
Had gone to Bigwing and enquired about the stock battery too. It is priced at 9.1k, if anyone is interested.
Xaos636 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2021, 16:48   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Did you find any? There is an Amaron battery which is small, but I am not sure if its 7A or 9A.
How much does the stock one cost? And does Honda stock them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
In case you did not get one yet, Amaron 'APBTZ 9R' is a direct fit for CBR 650F. Costs around 2k.
Had gone to Bigwing and enquired about the stock battery too. It is priced at 9.1k, if anyone is interested.
Trying to source a Yuasa YTZ10S thru tata green batteries. Seems like there is a shortage of battery in the market. couldn't find SF sonic/Amaron TZ9 battery. Exide XLTZ9 is available but its 1cm taller, doesn't fit in the battery bay properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic_ocean View Post
Blindly go for a SHIDO Lithium Ion battery. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I highly recommend going with Shido batteries.
Shido will be way too expensive for me.
hgps is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 15:26   #52
Senior - BHPian

Any one has recommendations for a battery trickle charger for Lithium ion battery. My bike is going into long stoarge and need a trickle charger to keep my battery stable.

Thanks.
Old 5th April 2021, 13:51   #53
BHPian

Have been on the lookout for a replacement Li battery for both my bikes. Apparently all key dealers are out of stock on most Li stock and other brands like Yuasa. Barely able to get stock of new brands like Crank etc.
The reason being quoted is import concerns due to revised govt regulations. As of now Li batteries are completely out of stock.
Old 5th April 2021, 13:56   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Any one has recommendations for a battery trickle charger for Lithium ion battery. My bike is going into long stoarge and need a trickle charger to keep my battery stable.

Thanks.
Hi. I use the one from Optimate for my Li batteries. It works on both Li and Lead Acid ones.

Had purchased it from Lazy Ass Bikers store in Mumbai and it has served well so far for a year+
narula123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 14:52   #55
Senior - BHPian

I'm using a Exide ETX-14 battery for my R1200GS. Its a perfect fit. Exactly the same dimensions and ratings as the standard one. Started the bike yesterday after over 2 months of inactivity. Started just perfectly.
Cost me just 2500 bucks! I'm happy!
Bought a pair of Klim leather city gloves for the price of the Lithium Ion battery!
navpreet318 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 21:30   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking for a replacement battery for Panigale 959, OEM is YUASA YT7B-BS but that is out of stock everywhere.

The dimensions of battery is 150mm x 65mm x 93mm

I was searching around that what can fit and the closest I have found is Crank1

https://crank1performance.com/shop/batteries/cb10s/

The dimension of this battery is 150mm x 86mm x 94mm

This I am guessing should hopefully sit as width is just 2 cm more, though another problem will be the Polarity, as this seems to have it reversed, so will need to reroute the wires.

Any one has any ideas if something else can be fitted and if above dimensions would fit. Last resort will be to reach out to Ducati, they should be happy to rip me off
Old 31st August 2021, 23:21   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Looking for a replacement battery for Panigale 959, OEM is YUASA YT7B-BS but that is out of stock everywhere.

The dimensions of battery is 150mm x 65mm x 93mm

I was searching around that what can fit and the closest I have found is Crank1

https://crank1performance.com/shop/batteries/cb10s/

The dimension of this battery is 150mm x 86mm x 94mm

This I am guessing should hopefully sit as width is just 2 cm more, though another problem will be the Polarity, as this seems to have it reversed, so will need to reroute the wires.

Any one has any ideas if something else can be fitted and if above dimensions would fit. Last resort will be to reach out to Ducati, they should be happy to rip me off

Try contacting Shaun at Big Bad Bikes. He may have something for your bike

www.bigbadbikes.com
Haroon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 23:25   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Try contacting Shaun at Big Bad Bikes. He may have something for your bike

www.bigbadbikes.com
Thanks Haroon, but I ended up getting the OEM battery from Ducati itself.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2022, 09:42   #59
BHPian

Sorry for reviving an old thread but I'm looking for an alternative for yuasa ytx9-bs 135cca 150mm x 87mm x 105mm

One mechanic also told me that using Indian brand alternatives can be harmful for the bike? I really can't understand why that might be.

Also have seen many guys(on youtube) cautioning against buying used Superbike bikes that have exide/amaron batteries. Someone care to shed some light on this?
Old 27th May 2022, 18:57   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rituj View Post
Sorry for reviving an old thread but I'm looking for an alternative for yuasa ytx9-bs 135cca 150mm x 87mm x 105mm

One mechanic also told me that using Indian brand alternatives can be harmful for the bike? I really can't understand why that might be.

Also have seen many guys(on Youtube) cautioning against buying used Superbike bikes that have exide/amaron batteries. Someone care to shed some light on this?
I just purchased a used RSV4. The previous owner for some reason was using an Exide battery. The difference in size was in millimetres, it was just a little taller to the OEM recommended Yuasa. However the damage done over a period of time is that, i now have a cracked battery tray and a misaligned riding seat

The damage to the tray is so bad that it has cracked through and the battery could have fallen off at any time. So now though i have replaced the battery with the manufacturer recommended Yuasa, i have to wait for this part to come before i can ride.

Moral of this is always go with your owner's manual recommendation. The engineers know what they are doing.

Cheers!

Last edited by Odeen12 : 27th May 2022 at 19:00.
Odeen12 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed