Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2022, 07:51   #61
BHPian

Re: Superbike Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odeen12 View Post
I just purchased a used RSV4. The previous owner for some reason was using an Exide battery. The difference in size was in millimetres, it was just a little taller to the OEM recommended Yuasa. However the damage done over a period of time is that, i now have a cracked battery tray and a misaligned riding seat

The damage to the tray is so bad that it has cracked through and the battery could have fallen off at any time. So now though i have replaced the battery with the manufacturer recommended Yuasa, i have to wait for this part to come before i can ride.

Moral of this is always go with your owner's manual recommendation. The engineers know what they are doing.

Cheers!
I'm getting the exact same dimensions. However I am more concerned about the electrical issues.

The person told me that it damages RR and stator. I couldn't imagine how it can?

Last edited by rituj : 28th May 2022 at 07:59.
Old 1st June 2022, 22:04   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rituj View Post
Sorry for reviving an old thread but I'm looking for an alternative for yuasa ytx9-bs 135cca 150mm x 87mm x 105mm

One mechanic also told me that using Indian brand alternatives can be harmful for the bike? I really can't understand why that might be.

Also have seen many guys(on Youtube) cautioning against buying used Superbike bikes that have exide/amaron batteries. Someone care to shed some light on this?
Yuvasa batteries should be available now. Its in stock in Orion Motors in Bangalore. You should be able to find them at a dealer closer to your city.

As for usage of Exide and Amaron batteries on big bikes, that is a very interesting topic. A lot of Triumph Street Triple owners across India are happily using Exide and Amaron batteries on their bikes. As far as I can recall, there havent been any cases of riders having a bad experience with these batteries. Sometime last year, the Yuasa battery on my Street Triple was close to giving up the ghost (these batteries really do last for years!) and thanks to Covid, there was no supply of Yuasa batteries in India. I picked up an Indian battery and I never had a problem since.

Overall, the Indian batteries cost half of the imported ones but they will probably last for half the duration as well.
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 22:11   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

For the unintiated Yuasa batteries are being manufactured and sold by Tata now under Velocity Plus name. I just picked Velocity Plus YTZ10S, which is same model name and same dimensions as Yuasa. They are priced cheaper and carry a year warranty, much awaited move.

Velocity Plus Battery
AtheK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 22:24   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
For the unintiated Yuasa batteries are being manufactured and sold by Tata now under Velocity Plus name. I just picked Velocity Plus YTZ10S, which is same model name and same dimensions as Yuasa. They are priced cheaper and carry a year warranty, much awaited move.

Velocity Plus Battery
Interesting.
The ytz10s should fit the bike as it is smaller in size, right?

Also, triumph says they can get the battery for me on order(orignal yuasa) for around 6.2k

The Tata one still seems expensive(6.9k) even though it is manufactured in India?
rituj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 22:28   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Interesting.
The ytz10s should fit the bike as it is smaller in size, right?

Also, triumph says they can get the battery for me on order(orignal yuasa) for around 6.2k

The Tata one still seems expensive(6.9k) even though it is manufactured in India?
You have to check which model is a fit for triumph, and then look for matching one. Price is definitely not a major discount but atleast is available through official channel and carries warranty. Then again they have to pay loyalties to Yuasa also.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 00:39   #66
BHPian

Quote:
I'm getting the exact same dimensions. However I am more concerned about the electrical issues.

The person told me that it damages RR and stator. I couldn't imagine how it can?
I wouldn't know about how does an Indian battery damage components, unless there is a wiring issue i guess. Your manual should give you options on batteries you can use. Go from there.
Odeen12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 11:48   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

As long as the specifications mentioned as in the bottom left of the below image matches your bikes requirement you should be good.

Superbike Batteries-img_2038.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
For the unintiated Yuasa batteries are being manufactured and sold by Tata now under Velocity Plus name.
Velocity Plus Battery
Yup, this was the OE battery that came in the Busa in 2017.
SnS_12 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks