Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2012, 14:52   #31
BHPian

Re: Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku View Post
dinyaar, isnt 300V 100% synthetic?
I had planned to stay on a synth blend or mineral (OEM oil) until the 2-3000 kms mark, then make the switch to fully synthetic. Did the same for my Duke, and it is paying off.

Don't intend to make this a debate on synth vs mineral, there's enough of that floating on the interweb already!

For my information, what is the OEM oil the ASC uses?

and dinyaar, thanks for all the info

Sriku
You are right 300V is 100% synthetic.
No point in getting into the synthetic vs mineral or semi synth debate at all! I have had great results with Mobil / motul fully synthetic in all cars / bikes so I just stick to that and change to it at the earliest. I have read & can understand the counter argument of running in a machine with a mineral oil but I still go synth as early as I can and particularly on a Kawasaki. In my opinion the machine runs differently & more to my liking & that clicking / pinging sound of the valves almost vanishes!!

OEM oil is Veedol 10W 40 which is NOT synthetic.

Rgds
dinyaar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2012, 17:22   #32
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123

It is OK to have slight moisture build up in the lamps as there is a breather hole behind the bulbs from where moisture enters & departs. You will notice the same effect post a good wash. It will vanish after a few minutes.

I am off for my first service on Saturday to Auto Service in Banashankari, why don't you come in too? Venkat's team is god-sent for bikes like these.

I have Philips Xenons on my low beam and Extreme Vision on my high beam. Extreme Vision is good and much better than the stock halogens but then nothing comes close to the HID. I did not find the Osram's to be too impressive.
I too have booked for service in Auto service but for Sunday, did not get the appointment for Saturday prolly because of your bike . I am in a fix as my bike has done 990 kms and cannot take the bike out.
How much did the extreme vision cost? Are u going fully synthetic?
Old 1st November 2012, 19:21   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
I too have booked for service in Auto service but for Sunday, did not get the appointment for Saturday prolly because of your bike . I am in a fix as my bike has done 990 kms and cannot take the bike out.
How much did the extreme vision cost? Are u going fully synthetic?
Got the Extreme Vision H7 for Rs 420 after a 30% discount from the Bangalore distributor. PM for his details.

Yes, I am going the full Synthetic way. Motul 300V is what venkat's team will fill my baby up with. I purposely avoided a Sunday service as Sunday is the riding day with the other N650 boys. Lets see if we can get a plan up for this weekend, maybe you can tag along post or pre servicing.
Old 2nd November 2012, 11:19   #34
BHPian

Congratulations on your dream purchase! The Ninja looks awesome and i must say you have taken some classic photographs. Wishing you lots of happy,safe and memorable biking moments.
slackyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2012, 12:28   #35
BHPian

Congratulations !! Your thread made me go back in time when my neighbour imported a 650 and I was a kid back then. Everytime he started the bike, I would run from my house just to get a glimpse of him take off, rev and what not ! Good ol days !

Enjoy the ninja mate ! Ride safe !
anand_lukose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2012, 14:17   #36
BHPian

Had been to Calicut Pro biking showroom. One Ninja 650 is readily available there.
They informed me that they can arrange me another vehicle in 15 days time. Showroom in charge is a young enthusiastic chap who was there only because of his passion for bikes. Any one who is interested in Ninja can contact Jithu Sabastien : 9567636822

No test drive is available.
Old 5th November 2012, 17:38   #37
BHPian

Took delivery on Saturday from KTM Belgaum.
Rode back to Thane on Sunday with two other ninjas (2011). Met a third Ninja owner in Belgaum who is a local resident, had an awesome Saturday evening bash at the hotel. The ride back was my running-in. Took lots of cool down breaks every hour or so, and the engine feels good now. An oil change is 50 kms away at 600 kms.
Epic ride, epic weekend, I am in heaven.
The 650 handles really well, and power delivery is just incredible. So much usable power so early in the rev bands, it is just blissful.
Attached Thumbnails
Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-559555_10151821918697565_357059792_n.jpg  

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-548384_10151821921262565_167738925_n.jpg  

sriku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 17:49   #38
Senior - BHPian

Congrats . If you dont mind , how much do you weigh and height ? .You totally FILL the bike . Enjoy and ride safe .

Last edited by black12rr : 5th November 2012 at 17:58.
black12rr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 17:54   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Congrats . If you dont mind , how much do you weight and height ? .You totally FILL the bike . Enjoy and ride safe .
Hehe thanks!, I'm 6'1 in boots, 114 kilos.

Also, have you noticed my garage has an rx-135? If you ever see a circus bear going at 95kph on a screaming rx in Mumbai's highways, wave at me!

Last edited by n_aditya : 7th November 2012 at 10:02. Reason: alcohol references removed. Please read the forum rules.
sriku is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 18:41   #40
rbp
BHPian

Congrats Sriku, I have been following your bike delivery story on facebook and the blast you guys had .
rbp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 18:45   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Congrats Sriku, I have been following your bike delivery story on facebook and the blast you guys had .
The only thing good about facebook is the Ninja 650 ROG!
Thanks for the wishes, sorry for hijacking your thread a bit!
Old 6th November 2012, 00:18   #42
BHPian

Congratulations on the bike Sriku.

Rbp & Narula did u guys get your first service done???
Impressions? Observations ? Basically any comments.

Rgds
dinyaar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2012, 18:13   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinyaar View Post
Congratulations on the bike Sriku.

Rbp & Narula did u guys get your first service done???
Impressions? Observations ? Basically any comments.

Rgds
Yup. Got the first service done. The bike is a different beast now. Smoother, gruntier and more eager to rev. Shifted to Motul 300V. Went for a ride with other big bikes the next day & did some good close-to-top-end runs. Shes effortless and grunty even at 8k rpm in 6th gear, a lot more juice left. Oh and boy can she corner
Old 6th November 2012, 18:20   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Yup. Got the first service done. The bike is a different beast now. Smoother, gruntier and more eager to rev. Shifted to Motul 300V. Went for a ride with other big bikes the next day & did some good close-to-top-end runs. Shes effortless and grunty even at 8k rpm in 6th gear, a lot more juice left. Oh and boy can she corner
Hey, great to hear your service report!
Can you elaborate on the tasks carried out during the service, and cost as well. You did it at Venkat Shyam's place right? Want a checklist for my first service.
Old 6th November 2012, 18:26   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku View Post
Hey, great to hear your service report!
Can you elaborate on the tasks carried out during the service, and cost as well. You did it at Venkat Shyam's place right? Want a checklist for my first service.
Yup, went to Venkat's place (dont trust the others with my baby)

Got the engine oil and oil filter changed. Plus the regular wash and some TLC which included chain lubrication & adjustment, pad cleanups, air filter cleaning and some greasing of the joints.

Also got 3M protection film installed on the knee scoop areas of the tank to avoid scratching the paint with denims or knee guards. Changed stock Pilot Lamps to White LEDs to match the HIDs.

Paid close to 5k for the whole thing.
narula123 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks