Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2012, 15:08   #61
rbp
BHPian

Re: Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650

Its been some time since I updated the thread, finally managed to fight with wife and do a small 250 kms ride.
The more I ride her the more I start respecting the bike. She has covered 2K kms and I have started blasting her, low end and mid range is where she excels, the power starts to taper off beyond 9K rpm. She consistently delivers 250+ kms for every 10 litres. The brakes are weird, sometimes they feel spongy sometimes ok, today they felt ok but lack feel.

Ear plugs are a must when riding, else the rider will become deaf by the time he finishes his ride, I still havent brought ear plugs did a jugaad today by using cotton, I felt a lot comfortable with those in the ears.

Next month it is time for helmet replacement, as the existing helmet just wants to fly off my head everytime I do high speed runs. Surprisingly I havent experienced neck pain today inspite of me doing some really good speeds today, one thing I did today was crouch on the tank as I wasnt concerned with tank scratches as PPF was doing its job.
I got ppf done on the tank last week. It is far far better solution to avoid scratches then the tank pads.

Finally some snaps

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_9668.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_9669.jpg

The wind shield is at its highest setting.

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_9672.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_9676.jpg

Spot the PPF

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_9677.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_9679.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_9680.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_9682.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_9683.jpg

The frame sliders
Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_9684.jpg

Last edited by rbp : 25th December 2012 at 15:19.
rbp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2012, 19:47   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
Next month it is time for helmet replacement, as the existing helmet just wants to fly off my head everytime I do high speed runs.
I got ppf done on the tank last week. It is far far better solution to avoid scratches then the tank pads.
]
Raghu, I would strictly suggest that you change the helmet asap. That AGV will survive the Pulsar and Karizmas but for the Ninja you need something more substantial. Chaps on the facebook forum can guide you on the correct path.

As for the brakes, I am going in for steel-braided lines and EBC Extreme pads. Hope you are getting the same too.

I have the PPF and the tank pad. Double protection

Hope to see you there for the next group ride.
Old 25th December 2012, 20:34   #63
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Raghu, I would strictly suggest that you change the helmet asap. That AGV will survive the Pulsar and Karizmas but for the Ninja you need something more substantial. Chaps on the facebook forum can guide you on the correct path.

As for the brakes, I am going in for steel-braided lines and EBC Extreme pads. Hope you are getting the same too.

I have the PPF and the tank pad. Double protection

Hope to see you there for the next group ride.
The helmet definitely will be purchased next month. I too have opted for the lines and EBC brake pads.

Which helmet do u have? I am looking at the nexx. Was waiting for the year end offer on the FB group :(
Old 25th December 2012, 20:36   #64
BHPian

Quote:
The helmet definitely will be purchased next month. I too have opted for the lines and EBC brake pads.

Which helmet do u have? I am looking at the nexx. Was waiting for the year end offer on the FB group :(
I currently have a Daijya for daily use on the P220 and a SOL for the Ninja.

Cant afford the Nexx right now

But I will drool on your Nexx for sure once you get it
Old 25th December 2012, 20:40   #65
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
I currently have a Daijya for daily use on the P220 and a SOL for the Ninja.

Cant afford the Nexx right now

But I will drool on your Nexx for sure once you get it
I too looked at the Sol, how does it feel inside at high speeds.
Old 25th December 2012, 20:53   #66
BHPian

Quote:
I too looked at the Sol, how does it feel inside at high speeds.
The wind noise is definitely there but a set of ear plugs help a lot.

The fit and finish of the helmet is amazing and it is extremely comfortable to wear. Visors are of top notch quality too. The lift is experienced very slightly only post insane speeds.

I recommend SOL to every friend who wants a good lid under 8k.
narula123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2012, 15:44   #67
BHPian

Quote:
The wind noise is definitely there but a set of ear plugs help a lot.

The fit and finish of the helmet is amazing and it is extremely comfortable to wear. Visors are of top notch quality too. The lift is experienced very slightly only post insane speeds.

I recommend SOL to every friend who wants a good lid under 8k.
Echo the sentiment completely about SOL. I have the 68 s11 metalman SOL, got clear and smoked visors. In all these years, have never found a better fitting helmet, and I've tried quite a few. It is definitely louder, but that is the price to pay for all the vents, and I love the airflow. Earplugs on the N650 are a must in any case, for even the shortest of rides. Easy to change visors too.

There is only one slight issue with the SOL, and specifically only bothers me during track use, at full crouch. While tucked in, I have to hyperextend my neck a little more than usual to see anything ahead, because the helmet sits a little lower on the forehead than I require. Easily fixed by putting a half inch thick foam cutout on the top of my head before wearing the helmet. This doesn't affect the fit for me, so I'm pretty happy.

All this being said, the SOL doesn't hold a candle to the Nexx carbon fibre helmets. The nexx are just spectacular. Try one for a while, and you'll never use anything else.
Old 27th February 2013, 20:19   #68
rbp
BHPian

It has been a couple of months since I updated the thread, the bike has done close to 4K kms, I normally take her out during the weekend and do around 200 to 400 kms. I need to do a longer ride to truly explore her further.
The morrimotto projectors have arrived and will go on her shortly.
I got the brake lines upgraded to braided steel lines from HELL performance. The brakes have improved massively, the sponginess has gone and she is razor sharp now. I just have to do a light single finger tap on the lever to cut down the speeds from 160+. All this improvement with just the lines, the EBC extreme pro brake pads are yet to arrive and I am sure, it will take the braking performance to another level.

The R & G radiator guard http://www.twistedthrottle.com/r-g-r...er6-f-er6-n-09 has also arrived, that should take care of the monsoon along with the front fender mod [I will post a picture of this, once it is on the bike].

I have also ordered the Viaterra Claw, once that arrives I believe, I have all that is required for touring .

In full blast mode [redlining in each gear] she delivers around 18 to 20 kmpl, which I feel is fine.

In between, I bought the SOL Unicorn helmet and also ear plugs. The 3M ear plugs are a boon on the highway.

By the way, I feel the exhaust note has changed and she sounds wonderful now, she sounds like inline 4 Cyl at high revvs but not exactly the same.

A few pix.

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_9755.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_9756.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_9762.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_9764.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_9771.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_9772.jpg

Upgraded from 12 BHP to 72 BHP, please welcome the Kawasaki Ninja 650-dsc_9773.jpg

Last edited by rbp : 27th February 2013 at 20:23.
rbp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2013, 16:05   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

In between, I bought the SOL Unicorn helmet and also ear plugs. The 3M ear plugs are a boon on the highway.
That's a beautiful helmet. How much did it set you back?
Also can you share how much the brake lines and EBC brake pads cost?

Eagerly waiting to see how the morimoto projectors turn out.

Regards
Old 28th February 2013, 16:32   #70
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
That's a beautiful helmet. How much did it set you back?
Also can you share how much the brake lines and EBC brake pads cost?

Eagerly waiting to see how the morimoto projectors turn out.

Regards
HELL Lines :- 5220
Brake Pads :- 7200
Helmet :- 5600
Radiator :- 5200

Except the Helmet and Radiator, the rest all are group buys.
rbp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 14:18   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Pretty reasonable! I was under the impression that the brake lines and pads upgrade costs around 50K. Dunno how I got this impression.

Thanks for this mate! I will be inline to buy this bike towards the end of this year. This information will come in handy.

Regards
Old 1st March 2013, 14:23   #72
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the update!

Quote:

The helmet looks costlier than shown in the website.

I too read 50k ish or so for brake upgrade in another thread! Glad its not so.
Old 1st March 2013, 15:13   #73
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Thanks for the update!

The helmet looks costlier than shown in the website.

I too read 50k ish or so for brake upgrade in another thread! Glad its not so.
It is costlier is BLR because of VAT. In chennai it is the same price as mentioned in the website.
rbp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 17:59   #74
BHPian

Quote:
How is the wind noise at higher speeds with the SOL? Have you tried without ear-plugs?
Old 4th March 2013, 18:15   #75
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
How is the wind noise at higher speeds with the SOL? Have you tried without ear-plugs?
Wind noise is still there, but the helmet is nice and gives the rider excellent view. Irrespective of any helmet you use, I would say ear-plugs are a must.
rbp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks