Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2006, 15:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

5 lakhs, my foot!
For an R1 to be legally available, it would cost around 20 lakhs.
Old 13th May 2006, 15:07   #32
BHPian

best news in the two wheeler market for a long time now , waiting to get my hands the beasts
Old 13th May 2006, 15:46   #33
Team-BHP Support

can someone please copy paste the article here?

well add 110 % duty to the US prices, for the R1 it would yet be around the 10 lakhs which is certainly better than 8 lakhs for a gray market one, and say 7 - 8 lakhs for a brand new spanking r6.
I know someone who brought in a 600 rr for 8.5 with all papers and stuff, so i'm sure the compnay could deliver these at far better prices considering they would do better numbers and have import expertise.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 13th May 2006 at 15:48.
Old 13th May 2006, 15:49   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
lets hope that atleast these bikes are allowed on the mumbai-pune expressway
i on my last drive to pune discovered that bikers can enjoy a small little part of the expressway

manson.
Old 13th May 2006, 16:02   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well add 110 % duty to the US prices, for the R1 it would yet be around the 10 lakhs which is certainly better than 8 lakhs for a gray market one, and say 7 - 8 lakhs for a brand new spanking r6.
I know someone who brought in a 600 rr for 8.5 with all papers and stuff, so i'm sure the compnay could deliver these at far better prices considering they would do better numbers and have import expertise.
Makes sense. Buttt, why isn't this happening right now??
Old 13th May 2006, 17:14   #36
Team-BHP Support

because not every one has the ba**s to go through our babus at the port. for all you know after going through all the trouble including giving enough green to the babus one will get his bike with half the parts gone as one of the babus' sons likes the dhoom stuff on the bike.

manson.
Old 14th May 2006, 14:47   #37
SuperSyn

The sad thing is these bikes will be purchased en-masse by squids and posers trying to impress the chixors outside the malls. Accidents are bound to happen.

There is a reason motorcycles are called "donorcycle" by the EMTs in the west.

Old 14th May 2006, 15:03   #38
Senior - BHPian

In what way are u telling that squids and posers will afford a 10 lakh rupee bike??
Old 14th May 2006, 16:02   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
In what way are u telling that squids and posers will afford a 10 lakh rupee bike??
there are certainly quite a few rich kids around who'd wanna look like they just robbed a bank and are heading to the club in the next lane where after drinking they will street race with their dhoom bikes powered by NOS . . .

manson.
Old 14th May 2006, 16:37   #40
Senior - BHPian

And they'll be taught their lesson, very soon.

Superbikes are totally unforgiving.
Old 14th May 2006, 17:08   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous

Superbikes are totally unforgiving.
you bet man.
last couple of incidents in bombay have scared me a little man even about ever getting a bike, but then manson's gotta do what he's gotta do.

REPEATING ALOUD: CAN ANYONE COPY PASTE THE ARTICLE HERE AS I CAN'T SEE IT.

manson.
Old 14th May 2006, 17:28   #42
BHPian

manson..so i gues u will finaly be getting a bike...
seems like bad news for me............
Old 14th May 2006, 20:33   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme power
manson..so i gues u will finaly be getting a bike...
seems like bad news for me............
why would it be bad news for you?
and anyways even if it is unpleasant you have a wholt lot of time for corrective measures

manson.
Old 15th May 2006, 12:30   #44
BHPian

For Manson
Yamaha to introduce 1000cc bike in India

Japanese bike-maker also looking at introducing scooters, will set up production facility in south India

Sanjiv Kumar

New Delhi: What Yamaha presented to film star John Abraham will soon come to its showrooms too – the 1,000cc speedster Yamaha R1. The well-known Japanese auto firm has also plans to introduce its 600cc ‘R6’ and another racy roadster in 250cc category in India. The new machines are expected to hit the Indian roads within three years.

“With biking enthusiasts growing in the country, we find space and opportunity for our sporty speed machines here and expect to roll out these models by 2009,” Yamaha Motor India Director and Executive Vice-President (Marketing), Takahiro Maeda, told Mumbai Mirror.

According to him and other officials, increasing income levels of youth and their growing inclination towards high-end bikes has created a market for such bikes. Initially, Maeda said, the global line-ups will be introduced in India by way of importing completely built-up units (CBUs) with a premium price tag. “We are looking at niche products right now and targeting the youth for future growth,” Maeda said after launching the 125cc, 5-speed Gladiator priced at around Rs 41,990 (standard version) and Rs 44,990 (DX model).

Till 2010, Yamaha India will launch at least two youth-centric products every year, Maeda said. “Additionally, we are investigating (the market) for scooters but we can’t give a time frame for this yet. If we enter the scooter segment, it will be drastically different from the existing range here.”

Talking to this newspaper, Yamaha Motor India’s Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director Tomotaka Ishikawa said his firm will invest Rs 300 crore over the next three years as it chases 15 per cent of market share from the present 5 per cent by 2010 with a focus on brand building and equity addition.

“Our target is to sell about one million (10 lakh) bikes by 2010 for which we would need a new production unit,” he said, hinting that Yamaha would prefer to have this second plant somewhere in south India. At present, the company has a plant at Surajpur in Greater Noida. The Rs 760-crore Yamaha India expects 40 per cent revenue growth in 2006-07 and has plans to ramp up production to 6 lakh units by March 2007 from the present 4 lakh units.

The vital stats...
Engine Type 998cc, 20-valve
Cooling system Liquid-cooled
Gears 6-speed
Fuel capacity 18 litres
Top speed 280 kmph+
Projected cost Rs 5 lakh+

, First thign i would said, since they are settingf up a facorty in india, n also if they are gonna bring in , for a start 600cc, My guess is they cut short a lotta stuff from the bike

Ex :- Fazer FZS 600
Engine and transmission
Displacement: 599.00 ccm (36.55 cubic inches)
Engine type: In-line four
Stroke: 4
Power: 95.00 HP (69.3 kW)) @ 11500 RPM
Torque: 61.00 Nm (6.2 kgf-m or 45.0 ft.lbs) @ 9500 RPM
Valves per cylinder: 4
Starter: Electric
Cooling system: Liquid
Gearbox: 6-speed
Transmission typefinal drive: Chain

Physical measures

Dry weight: 189.0 kg (416.7 pounds)

Seat height: 790 mm (31.1 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.

Chassis and dimensions

Front brakes: Dual disc

Rear brakes: Single disc

Speed and acceleration

Top speed: 225.0 km/h (139.8 mph)

Power/weight ratio: 0.5026 HP/kg

Heres what i think will be spec if produced in india.
95 H.p, i guess it will be reduced to 45 or 55 h.p,
Yes, it has to be electric start, or else if it is kick (which is dumb) seeing ppl flying in the air while starting the bike, may be two versions liqiud cooled or others. top speed will drop, a lil gain in the weight of the bike n goes on.

When The Bajaj P225/250 is somewwhat close to kawa.. zx, which is 250 cc, n has 40 bhp. Bajaj is hardly giving nothing more than 22 bhp. I only wish Yamaha wouldnt do that, n keep the specs of the orginal bikes almost the same.
Old 15th May 2006, 13:09   #45
Team-BHP Support

They had changed the location. I've reposted the correct link. Don't know how long it will remain on their site though, so I've copy/pasted the article as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks