Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2013, 14:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

Harley Davidson Fatboy: Now yours for Rs.14.9L only!!

Just in from the Chandigarh dealer. The ongoing CKD process now includes the Fatboy and now it is available for Rs.14.9 Lakhs Ex-showroom. Good going Harley! I bet a lot of attention will be diverted to it now. Frankly even though the Harleys are not outright corner carvers or go anywhere type bikes, They hold their own. Especially with the my own punjabi crowd who go to the showroom asking for the "Terminator". hahaha.

Perfect. Just perfect. These guys have done what others should have done a long time ago. This should be the way things move and at this speed too. Time to take lessons Jap bike manufacturers. Get the CKD ball rolling and you'll see double the sales!
navpreet318 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th February 2013, 13:47   #2
BHPian

Re: Harley Davidson Fatboy: Now yours for Rs.14.9L only!!

Is it the Fat boy or the Fat bob?
Old 10th February 2013, 13:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post
Is it the Fat boy or the Fat bob?

Nope the Fat BoY with a "Y". The Fat Bob is a Dyna series bike. It sells for 12ish. This is from the softail series. The original "Terminator" as they call it in punjab.

Deliveries should start by month end.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 15:07   #4
BHPian

I think you meant the "Street Bob" which is also a 1.6L bike and retails for around 12.5+ on road in Bangalore.

Just curious, does Harley entertain negotiations and discounts? Are they open to it?

I'm considering one of 3 bikes - The Iron 883, Forty-Eight 1200 or the FatBoy 1600. Crazy range to choose from.
Old 18th February 2013, 18:04   #5
Senior - BHPian

No my friend. Read above! The FAT BOY!!!!! Yes the bike which retailed for 19.5 lakh Rupees! Go to a showroom near you and ask please. The website is yet to be updated. Street Bob?? Do you think I don't know the difference between the streetbob and the FATBOY?

And the 14.9 is the Ex-Showroom price and Not Onroad!
Old 19th February 2013, 01:50   #6
BHPian

Oh... I wasn't talking about the Fat Boy. I was clarifying the reference that was made to the Street Bob as a Fat BOB.
rawdeal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 18:02   #7
BHPian

Confirmed it from the Harley showroom Kochi- now Fat boy retails @ 16L (on the road)
cosmopolitan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 15:58   #8
BHPian

Harley Davidson Slashes Price of Softail Range in India by ₹5.5 Lakhs; Eyes Market Expansion.

Here is the URL: http://www.ibtimes.co.in/articles/43...cles-india.htm
Old 26th February 2013, 17:19   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdeal View Post
I think you meant the "Street Bob" which is also a 1.6L bike and retails for around 12.5+ on road in Bangalore.

Just curious, does Harley entertain negotiations and discounts? Are they open to it?

I'm considering one of 3 bikes - The Iron 883, Forty-Eight 1200 or the FatBoy 1600. Crazy range to choose from.
Quote:
Oh... I wasn't talking about the Fat Boy. I was clarifying the reference that was made to the Street Bob as a Fat BOB.
AFAIK, actually Navpreet is right on both counts. There is already a Fat BOB that is CKD.

There is also a Fat BOY and per the OP that is now ALSO available in CKD trim and therefore at a lower price.
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 18:03   #10
BHPian

Quote:

The thread starter is right, the FBoy is now coming in at 14.9L... so people should stop asking him if he is right- he is.

Negotiations/Discounts? The Fat Bob is the newest Dyna family member, and is being quoted at a 6-9 month delivery period in Mumbai, so be careful of the BOB. Every bike is on back order for 1-4 months... so if you re-vist the Bajaj Chetak days, you are lucky no premium is being charged.

Now to answer your question- about the 3, please discount the 883, if you are looking at a long term buy- the 883 will be small and will tire you out if you already are looking at a litre+ engine.

The 48 (called only the 48, and not appended with 1200) is a very sweet handler, with a awe inspiring tank of 8L, with a max range or 150Km on highways- so some planning is required. But you will find its owners the most savvy of the lot, the most possessive of the lot and indeed its the most to attractive of the bikes in that sub 1500cc range. Infinitely modifiable- and everything in an average budget bracket- headlights, horns, exhausts, air intakes, larger fuel tanks, seats, abck rests, foot pegs, forward controls...

It handles like a tiger and climbs to 165 in stock condition, and a highly advisable first buy.

The Fat Boy lies in an upper budget bracket and so do its accessories. If you purchased above accessories for a 48 it would cost you about 2-3L, where as the same for a FBoy, could then get you a second hand 48. So be careful, you are buying into a lifestyle when you upgrade to a FBoy--- the LED headlight upgrade- difference between a Dyna (26-27,000) to a FBoy(40000) itself should be telling.

There is a huge market for bikes purchased by 'posers' and those who want to sell- you could buy a well accessorized 883 for 6.5, a 48 for around 8- 8.5L, the range for Dynas is currently under duress, as they reduced prices just a few months ago, and often people find that its untenable to sell a Dyna for 8-9L when new ones are available for 12 onwards.

Buy any used, one as all come with histories from Service Centers and buy one with a few months on the warranty of two years, so that you can fix/replace anything. Avoid bikes that come from around areas adjoining sea coasts- Marine Drive, Juhu, Shivaji Park, Yari Road, Versova- you get the idea.

Only research can save you and your bank account.

Last edited by Hammer & Anvil : 26th February 2013 at 18:05. Reason: added a point.
Hammer & Anvil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 18:21   #11
BHPian

My apologies,

I just found out that there is indeed another Dyna called the FatBOB in addition to the StreetBOB. HD Nomenclature is starting to run rounds around me. Sorry for the confusion.
rawdeal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 20:35   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion.
I finally spent money and bought one, it cured all the confusion- then after a year I was confused again about the Glides... till I found that the Super Glide and the Street Glide are seperated by about 10Lakhs... and then some more for the Road Glide.

I am cured again.

-KD
Hammer & Anvil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2013, 08:32   #13

Just in from the Chandigarh dealer. The ongoing CKD process now includes the Fatboy and now it is available for Rs.14.9 Lakhs Ex-showroom. Good going Harley! I bet a lot of attention will be diverted to it now. Frankly even though the Harleys are not outright corner carvers or go anywhere type bikes, They hold their own. Especially with the my own punjabi crowd who go to the showroom asking for the "Terminator". hahaha.

Navpreet! Thanks Man! You just made my day..... Now there is no doubt between the Fat Bob or the Fat Boy..... Fat Boy it is for me then!!!!!

Time for the 'terminator' to be Back....
augustus23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 15:49   #14
BHPian

New post on Super Glide is ready... awaiting Moderators moving it from Assembly to the Forum... encompasses pictures and 883 ride, as well as reasons to upgrade.. and the difference. Please bear.
-KD.
Old 4th March 2013, 20:07   #15
BHPian

SOFTAIL HERITAGE- 16.5L ex showroom Delhi.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed