Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2017, 13:10   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Guide to Owning a Harley-Davidson in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Here is the sari guard in the indian assembled fatboy. The fatboy is NOT a CBU.
It comes in as a CKD unit and is assembled in their plant in India.All Harleys in India upto the Softail Series have Sari Guards. Please visit a store and check. Online photos won't have them as they are supposed to be marketing photos mostly taken by the company in USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by VellVector View Post
As pointed above, all Harley's (and all other bikes) which are assembled in India must come with a saree guard.

When you pick up the bike from the HD dealership, you need to sign a form stating that you have asked the dealer to remove it, if you want it taken off.
Thanks for the clarification. I was referring to website and hence got confused. Secondly, any idea on the price difference in fatboy model

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd January 2017 at 15:33. Reason: Please do not quote images, emoticons and large post for a single line reply
Old 2nd January 2017, 13:34   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I was referring to website and hence got confused. Any idea on the price difference in fatboy model
Price difference of the fatboy from which model?
Old 2nd January 2017, 13:44   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Price difference of the fatboy from which model?
I have raised the query in my earlier thread. I was just checking price comparison of india vs usa harley prices and found a good difference on fatboy model whereas price of other models remained almost same.

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 2nd January 2017 at 13:48.
Old 2nd January 2017, 15:07   #109
BHPian

Quote:
I have raised the query in my earlier thread. I was just checking price comparison of india vs usa harley prices and found a good difference on fatboy model whereas price of other models remained almost same.
There is a reasonable difference (over 2.5L) from the Dyna's to the Fatboy in India. The price jump between the same in the US is as proportionately high considering the lower cost of the bikes there. However the jump from the Fatboy to the other soft tails seems to be lower. Considering that the Fatboy is the best selling "Big" Harley in India, HD seems to be taking their margins there. I've attached a price list of HD bikes in BLR from last year, not sure of the price changes now.

A Guide to Owning a Harley-Davidson in India-price-list-hd-bikes-common-bangalore-01_06_2015.jpg
Old 2nd January 2017, 15:49   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. I was referring to website and hence got confused. Secondly, any idea on the price difference in fatboy model
If you're not completely bowled over the Fatboy, I'd suggest the Breakout too. It's a model which has been removed from the Indian portfolio but since it's a basic softail series, parts shouldn't be a problem.
Why I suggest it is because the company has a few pieces lying with it and they're giving some very good discounts coupled with accessories and gear deals. Try it out. You can squeeze a huge amount since it'll be end of financial year pretty soon.
Old 2nd January 2017, 16:47   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a reasonable difference (over 2.5L) from the Dyna's to the Fatboy in India
Actually my question is the reason for difference between fatboy in india and usa. nevertheless that will not make much a difference. most important question is now the cost difference of around 90k between fatboy of 2016 and 2017 models. I need to know is it wise to go with the new model or stick to the old model. each dealer has its own theory to sell

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
If you're not completely bowled over the Fatboy, I'd suggest the Breakout too. It's a model which has been removed from the Indian portfolio but since it's a basic softail series, parts shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks for the suggestion but I am sold off to fatboy. breakout looked a little low to me.
Old 2nd January 2017, 16:54   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Actually my question is the reason for difference between fatboy in india and usa. nevertheless that will not make much a difference. most important question is now the cost difference of around 90k between fatboy of 2016 and 2017 models. I need to know is it wise to go with the new model or stick to the old model. each dealer has its own theory to sell
Like I mentioned in my earlier post, aside from the generally higher costs of imported bikes in India. The Fatboy is HD's best selling big bike. The price of the bike seems to go up year on year. I think HD is trying to make as big a margin as possible on something that is selling.

I would save the 90k and take the older model, assuming you are planning to keep the bike for a while. Spend the 90k on accessories (on the bike or for gear) to make your ride better. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK there is no difference in the 2016 and 2017 models except the paint job.
Old 2nd January 2017, 17:25   #113
Senior - BHPian

While I was comparing the old with the new lineup, there is a reduction of 20 mm in seat height-unladen and engine torque reduction by 7 nm. United dealer also told me that there is a change in Hydraulic brake wires but there is no such information on the website plus there is a new olive gold color in the 2017 lineup.

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 2nd January 2017 at 17:42.
Old 3rd January 2017, 15:36   #114
BHPian

Quote:
While I was comparing the old with the new lineup, there is a reduction of 20 mm in seat height-unladen and engine torque reduction by 7 nm. United dealer also told me that there is a change in Hydraulic brake wires but there is no such information on the website plus there is a new olive gold color in the 2017 lineup.
Interesting. Any idea is the 2017 bike the traditional Fatboy (FLSTF) or have they started selling the Fatboy Lo / S (FLSTB) in India in the guise of the Fatboy. On the US site the 2016 and 2017 Fatboy have the same height. Also the 2017 bike shows an increased torque figure not a reduction.
Old 12th January 2017, 08:42   #115
Senior - BHPian

The ex showroom price of Harley in Delhi is less as compared to other states because of additional taxes and moreover there are chances that i may get a 2016 model as well. Can we buy a bike and get RTO done in another state and second is it wise to go with 2016 model since the price difference is of 90k
Old 12th January 2017, 10:31   #116
BHPian

Quote:
The ex showroom price of Harley in Delhi is less as compared to other states because of additional taxes and moreover there are chances that i may get a 2016 model as well. Can we buy a bike and get RTO done in another state and second is it wise to go with 2016 model since the price difference is of 90k

Yes, you can buy a bike from Delhi and get it registered in another state. They'll give delivery with a temporary registration

Happens regularly given they don't have a dealership in each state yet
Old 12th January 2017, 11:27   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it's possible, mine came from Goa to Karnataka with a Goa temp registration number.
Old 20th January 2017, 12:30   #118
Senior - BHPian

I have taken a comparison of both 2017 and 2016 lineup Fat boy and found that there is not much of a change except a new Olive Gold color. I am getting a black Fat boy of 2016 model at 1lac lesser price. Any opinion on Olive Gold color as it looks good in street bob.
Old 20th January 2017, 13:44   #119
BHPian

The black looks great if you take the time to keep it clean and maintain it's shine, if not it begins to look bad very fast. Personally I'm not a fan of the olive gold color but it does look pretty good on the Fatboy especially if you buy hard case saddle bags in the same color.
Old 20th January 2017, 19:05   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The black looks great if you take the time to keep it clean and maintain it's shine, if not it begins to look bad very fast. Personally I'm not a fan of the olive gold color but it does look pretty good on the Fatboy especially if you buy hard case saddle bags in the same color.
Thanks for the help. How come you know so much about fatboy and its color options in so much detail? Do you own one? Pls share some insight of the model you own.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks