Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2017, 12:13   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Guide to Owning a Harley-Davidson in India

Finally I am going ahead for freezing my decision on owning a Fat boy. My five years old Royal Enfield Desert storm 500 was sold yesterday. I have raised a request for a 2016 black fat boy with Harley dealer and looking if I can be offered any deal from the old lineup. Sales executive has also suggested to look for Olive Gold color in the new 2017 lineup but I think Fat boy looks good in black only.
ruchirtnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 13:29   #122
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Finally I am going ahead for freezing my decision on owning a Fat boy. My five years old Royal Enfield Desert storm 500 was sold yesterday. I have raised a request for a 2016 black fat boy with Harley dealer and looking if I can be offered any deal from the old lineup. Sales executive has also suggested to look for Olive Gold color in the new 2017 lineup but I think Fat boy looks good in black only.
Wow congratulations in advance.

That is quite a jump, from a Desert Storm to a Fatboy. Which dealer btw? Since your location says Lucknow/Gurgaon so try and get the best possible deal from all the dealers in NCR and the one in Lucknow. Recently a close friend bought a xDiavel S from Ducati Mumbai. He had taken quotes from Delhi, Pune and Bangalore Ducati dealers as well, but the Ducati Mumbai quote was the most reasonable. So try and get a quote from nearby dealers too (Jaipur, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Ludhiana as well). You never know, some of these dealers might have a better deal in store specially since you are looking for a 2016 model.

The Fatboy looks best in black. Period.
Old 25th January 2017, 16:12   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Wow congratulations in advance.
So try and get a quote from nearby dealers too (Jaipur, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Ludhiana as well). You never know, some of these dealers might have a better deal in store specially since you are looking for a 2016 model.

The Fatboy looks best in black. Period.
Thanks. I have tried most of the dealerships but there is some Harley territory norms where another dealer cannot make a sale in other dealer territory and I have both dealers in Lucknow as well as Gurgaon. Second point is that no one is giving much of a deal in 2016 model since it is already a lac less and there is no difference in both the lineup models.

Lastly, thanks for your vote. my choice of black has one more supporter now
Old 25th January 2017, 21:58   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the help. How come you know so much about fatboy and its color options in so much detail? Do you own one? Pls share some insight of the model you own.
Yes, we have a Fatboy in the wine red color. Congrats on booking your bike. When are you expecting it to be delivered?
Old 26th January 2017, 00:55   #125
BHPian

I was looking at buying a 1200 custom, anyone here got one or any feedback on it?
Old 26th January 2017, 07:09   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VellVector View Post
Yes, we have a Fatboy in the wine red color. Congrats on booking your bike. When are you expecting it to be delivered?
I have not booked yet. I am still running around between dealers for a deal. One dealer does not have any inventory and has suggested to wait if Harley pushes for any deal on 2016 model. On the other hand, another dealer is having one black in stock and is offering a leg guard as freebie. Here the catch is that I want to go with former and he is asking to wait. I am not able to contemplate that this risk might not cost me a benefit of 1 lac which I am getting on 2016 lineup.
Old 26th January 2017, 15:27   #127
BHPian

Quote:
I have not booked yet. I am still running around between dealers for a deal. One dealer does not have any inventory and has suggested to wait if Harley pushes for any deal on 2016 model. On the other hand, another dealer is having one black in stock and is offering a leg guard as freebie. Here the catch is that I want to go with former and he is asking to wait. I am not able to contemplate that this risk might not cost me a benefit of 1 lac which I am getting on 2016 lineup.
I doubt the first dealer will bother too much with getting you an older bike with the 1L discount if he doesn't have one in stock. The other dealer will be more motivated to sell it to you since he will want to clear his old stock. It's an expensive bike to be sitting in inventory.

I suggest you push him to see if you can get a better deal and close it. The fatboy is reasonably popular, he could probably find another buyer to buy the bike while you are waiting for the first dealer.
VellVector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 21:45   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I doubt the first dealer will bother too much with getting you an older bike with the 1L discount if he doesn't have one in stock. The other dealer will be more motivated to sell it to you since he will want to clear his old stock. It's an expensive bike to be sitting in inventory.

I suggest you push him to see if you can get a better deal and close it. The fatboy is reasonably popular, he could probably find another buyer to buy the bike while you are waiting for the first dealer.
That is a nice suggestion. But with these kind of deterrents, each passing day is going against my Harley dream. The logic of buying a Harley at 18 odd lacs might get captivated by my family pressure to buy a premium four wheeler. another possible option is to buy either Hyosung Aprila 650 or a Harley Roadster instead.
Old 27th January 2017, 13:19   #129
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Another possible option is to buy either Hyosung Aprila 650 or a Harley Roadster instead.
Since you are open to motorcycles from a segment or two below and are looking to get a Harley, I'd highly recommend the 1200 Custom. Great street presence, sweet torquey motor (same as the Roadster) and low seat height are pretty good for our urban riding conditions. Here is the link to our ride report from last year.

Last edited by manson : 27th January 2017 at 14:30.
Old 27th January 2017, 14:08   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
I'd highly recommend the 1200 Custom. Great street presence, sweet torquey motor (same as the Roadster) and low seat height should are pretty good for our urban riding conditions.
Thanks for the suggestion but my height in 6'3"and I believe custom will look as small as any Enfield. I had read the complete review earlier but did not gave much thought to 1200 custom.
By the way, dealer has a 2016 1200 custom and might give some freebies if I show some interest.

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 27th January 2017 at 14:09.
Old 27th January 2017, 17:21   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion but my height in 6'3"and I believe custom will look as small as any Enfield. I had read the complete review earlier but did not gave much thought to 1200 custom.
By the way, dealer has a 2016 1200 custom and might give some freebies if I show some interest.
Don't get too bogged down in what it looks like. Ask them to arrange a proper test ride and take the bike for a decent length ride and see if you are comfortable on it.
Old 28th January 2017, 19:46   #132
Senior - BHPian

Can someone please share the price list of 2017 lineup of Harley with me.
Old 29th January 2017, 11:39   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't get too bogged down in what it looks like. Ask them to arrange a proper test ride and take the bike for a decent length ride and see if you are comfortable on it.
Thanks for the suggestion. I did took a small ride of Custom but did not find it fit for me. Moreover, I have paid the booking amount for a Fatboy 2017 Olive Gold yesterday. The ex showroom quoted by dealer is 16.15 lacs.
Old 31st January 2017, 15:57   #134
Senior - BHPian

Finally I booked a Harley Fatboy 2017 model in Olive Gold color. Initially I was adamant to go for black only but since I have now switched on to 2017 from the earlier stand of 2016 model, a new color choice looked more promising. It is a pure gamble and lets see how this new color will look on Fatboy taking that it is a all chrome model. I have seen Olive Gold in Iron 883 but with an all black model, this looks quite nice.
I have paid 2l as advance to the dealer. The delivery committed is of June which after a very few deliberation is now settled to April'17.

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 31st January 2017 at 16:22.
Old 31st January 2017, 21:59   #135
BHPian

Quote:
The delivery committed is of June which after a very few deliberation is now settled to April'17.
Four months wait time for the delivery? Seems to be madness. I too picked an odd color which wasn't stocked by the dealer but they ordered it from the plant and I got it in a month. Four months is a longer lead time than some dealers take to import a bike.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks