Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2013, 11:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyosung Aquila Pro, G V-650. My Unfinished Story!

Congrats on the new acquisition and wishing you many happy and safe miles on the bike.

I must say the paint and the chrome bits have been finished really well and gives the bike a lot of finesse and style.

This is the first Hyosung Aquila Pro on team-bhp.

Ride hard and ride safe mate.

Last edited by n_aditya : 18th April 2013 at 11:13.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 11:25   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post

Mate,
When it comes to comparing the 2 bikes, please do it with respect to their engine capabilities and the features. You might have heard lot of people comparing Tata Manza to Toyota Corolla just because of the physical measurements.
Honestly that is not a fair assessment/comparison.
There is nothing called a fair comparison, and its all about perception. Going by your definition, I can still compare Corolla with Manza for the 1.4L diesel.

All: Guys, it started as a beautiful thread for a beautiful bike. Let's leave it at that, rather than begging for moderator action. HD v/s Hyosung can be discussed in detail elsewhere.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 11:28   #33
BHPian

Just curious to know , what kinda mileage figures should we be expecting from a bike like this . I have been eyeing a iron 883 for some time and we have a purchase planned next year , however your forum post has brought about a debate in my head . I love this bike . Even more that the 883 , atleast by the looks of it .
Old 18th April 2013, 11:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan View Post

Totally bowled over by this experience, I decided to sit back and do a proper homework and not go by popular sentiments.

Whenever I threw in some questions there were random responses from the friend circle – “ Boss ,HD is HD ! or “ Hyosung ,never heard about them” or “ HD is legendary stuff , man where’s the comparison?” OR “Come on now ,don’t tell me you are looking to save a few thousand ,man go for the HD Superlow”.
You, sir, are a brave man. And I salute you.
Thank goodness there are people like you, who don't get suckered into groupthink and marketing baloney like legendary, heritage etc which HD utilizes to its hilt, sucks the consumers bone dry.

Of course we have people who believe in HD like a religion, and their sentiments may be hurt by your decision (quite laughable though: this getting hurt thingie). Specs wise Aquila beats 883.
And going by the looks Aquila again beats the HD.

Also to all those trying to pooh-pooh Hyosung, please keep in mind, an 883 also gets pooh-poohed when standing among Softails.

Quote:
Hyosung had earned a bad repute in India due to Garware’s shoddy customer service since it totally lacked any expertise in handling the automobile industry.

DSK bought all the stakes from Garware and set up its own assembly plant at Satara with a view to manufacture all bikes with a 90 percent localization in the coming years.
Is this taken care of really?
I am quite surprised about the door step service.

Last edited by alpha1 : 18th April 2013 at 11:51.
Old 18th April 2013, 12:06   #35
BANNED

Congrats Dr. Mohan on your new acquisition, hope you'll enjoy miles n miles of fun ride on your bike.
The topic is all about ownership review why not keep it as just owner’s review thread? No offence to anyone, but it's not good to put negative reviews about someone’s new acquisition, including replying back further to provoke unwanted virtual fight’s.
If someone is really interested in HD vs Hyosung vs something else, lets open a new war zone (thread).
I am not fan of any of these bikes and given blunt opinion about their bikes and none of them had any answers to my query.
Ajaybiz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 12:20   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
Every one is makeing SUV these days, even tractor/autorikshaw manufacturers have pooled in to make SUV . That does not mean you can go out and put Jeep or Land rover to shame and hope to be taken seriously.
Completely OT but I disagree with your post.

Does your analogy also apply to Apple? They were basically a computer manufacturer, then reinvented digital music (iTunes), then the portable music player (iPod), then the smartphone (iPhone) and then a complete new category of tablet (iPad).

Rather than simply referring to what was done by the company in the past, give their present a chance. If the product fails it is OK, but it should not be just rejected because they do not have 100 years of history making them.
MotoNanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 12:22   #37
BHPian

Dr. Mohan,

Congratulations on being the first GV650 owner on TBHP. The bike looks awesome. Specs of the bike are impressive on paper.

Quote:

The best part of the deal is that the periodic services are done at your door-step, no need to take the vehicle to the service centre!
Do they also have a service center?
Is the service conducted by Hyosung/DSK authorized service or is it outsourced?

Quote:
THE RIDING EXPERIENCE :
  • The lamp is bright but not bright enough and sooner I would want it to be changed to a Xenon.
  • The horn is very meek and I would soon replace the "meep-meep" with something better.
  • Once you start the engine,the stock exhaust is very soft in accordance with the EPA guidelines. There are many options for an after-market silencer fitment. The most famous exhausts are the Larry Cook Double shots ,manufactured in the US.
  • The bike requires high-octane fuel.
Does DSK provide accessories which does not void the warranty?
Is it recommended by Hyosung to use high-Octane fuel?

Cheers!

Last edited by lavish_n : 18th April 2013 at 12:23. Reason: Multi quote
Old 18th April 2013, 13:39   #38
BHPian

Just slightly off topic...I have read many times that HDs were such terrible bikes that were sold cheaper than others (like the Hyosung now) that people bought them just to chop them up and make better bikes (hence the term Choppers).

I have quite a few friends with HDs in the US and UK and they all moan and complain about what horrible bikes they are, but cant do much about it since they have spent a lot of money on it and bought into the brand and marketing. They all say the bikes are old tech in a new can.
Old 18th April 2013, 13:51   #39
BHPian

Hi Mohan. Congratulations! Its a beautiful looking machine! I just visited a Hyosung showroom yesterday and saw it in person. Since then I have been going through review of this bike and that how I stumbled upon your thread. Wasn't really impressed by their other models but I just loved this Aqila 650. I am currently riding a Ninja250R but would love to shift to a cruiser for a while. Hoping to test ride the Aquila soon Ride safe and keep us posted with your experience! Catch up on a ride some day!
ba$h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 13:54   #40
BHPian

Congrats on the bike Doc! Sweet looking ride. wishing you unlimited miles and smiles on your new set of wheels!

Dustom: Wishing you unlimited miles and smiles on your HD too. Enjoy the ride!
and yes, Be nice. I'm sure it won't hurt.
Cheers!
wolfy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 13:59   #41
BHPian

Many many congratulations on the great bike Mohan.

It looks great and it makes you happy, that what its all about

Yes the HD has a cult following and the haters will hate other brands, however remember given time perception changes. It took HD over a 100 years to get the following it has now, let Hyosung take its time. Eventually all hard headed people will understand

Keep the thread updated,
Ride safe.
Enigmatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 14:34   #42
BHPian

Congrats Mohan! You've got a beautiful bike. Aquila pro has managed to rekindle my desire to own a cruiser. I just need to convince my family that riding a bike isn't as unsafe as they perceive it to be. All the skepticism I had towards purchasing the Aquila is getting reduced with the increasing number of pages on this thread.

I might sell my T-jet in a couple of years and then purchase a diesel SUV for family and Aquila Pro for me.

Wish you many miles with smiles!

Cheers,
Biraj
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 15:09   #43
BHPian

Congrats Mohan, its a wonderful looker for sure. Additionally, it looks well put together and beats the lowest HD by around 80k. Enough to help you make mods within the same budget.

Applaud the decision to buy the bike "YOU" liked and not the one that everyone thinks "YOU SHOULD" like.

Can you share some more detailed pics of the bike as well as share any modifications that you propose to make?
Old 18th April 2013, 17:00   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Is this taken care of really?
I am quite surprised about the door step service.
Amongst the many mental odds that I had surmount to possess the bike I fell in love with, was the " Service " issue which had plagued this product in India. Garware were novices in the field of automobiles and especially while catering to the exclusive clientele. They botched up at many junctures and gave the wrong signals in the market. They eventually quit and sold their stakes to DSK. DSK Auto is a renowned name and have been in the market for more than a decade , mostly dealing with Toyota's . The best part is that soon they plan to get a production line commissioned at their Satara plant so that Hyosung bikes could be manufactured in India with a 90% localisation. Which means that in the coming 3 years we could perhaps get an Aquila at around 3 lakh ( considering an import duty of 60% on CKD's).
The door-step service is indeed a boon ,since one dosent have to waste an entire day. All mandatory services are dealt with at the door-step .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Congrats Dr. Mohan on your new acquisition, hope you'll enjoy miles n miles of fun ride on your bike.
The topic is all about ownership review why not keep it as just owner’s review thread? No offence to anyone, but it's not good to put negative reviews about someone’s new acquisition, including replying back further to provoke unwanted virtual fight’s.
Yes I want to keep it that way ,hence I have already proclaimed ,in bold types, that Hysoung is a young species and cannot be compared AND need not be compared to the century old HD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
I believe we can keep this thread discussion for Aquila.
-Pramod
Pramod ,lets meet up one day for a long ride .

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
Congratulations Mohan, the cruiser looks damn beautiful. Nice strategy I must say
Just one question though - is this option life long or just untill the warranty period.
All mandatory services are done at your door-step.

After that you have what Hyosung calls a 24x7 Service card.

Hyosung Aquila Pro, G V-650. My Unfinished Story!-24x7-card.jpg.

You have as a part of this service :
  1. 24x7 on-call breakdown support.
  2. Onsite emergency repairs.
  3. Battery jump start.
  4. Fuel delivery .
  5. Lost key support.
  6. Transfer/Towing support.
  7. Taxi drop facility.
All the above are paid services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Hi Doc. You are building up quite an enviable garage. Congrats.
One question - How is the ride over bad potholed roads? I had found the Superlow to suffer quite a lot in this scenario.
Keep posting your experience with their A.S.S over the coming months. This is a big concern for many, including myself, and something that keeps us from considering the extremely VFM Hyosungs.
The Hyosung gobbles up pot holes nicely.
The Hyosung has an 'Inverted fork " assembly.
You have however to adjust the shock -absorber's resistance and also adjust the dampening. An optimal balance would make your ride super easy.
The factory fitting comes in the "medium" range for both; so you need to adjust it to your weight and whether you are going to have a pillion regularly.

Hyosung Aquila Pro, G V-650. My Unfinished Story!-seats-detail.jpg

Hyosung Aquila Pro, G V-650. My Unfinished Story!-seated-position.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
Just curious to know , what kinda mileage figures should we be expecting from a bike like this . I love this bike . Even more that the 883 , atleast by the looks of it .
Gautam , I got a 20 kmpl mileage , the engine is new and I would check again after the run-in period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavish_n View Post
Dr. Mohan,
Congratulations on being the first GV650 owner on TBHP. The bike looks awesome. Specs of the bike are impressive on paper.

Do they also have a service center?
Is the service conducted by Hyosung/DSK authorized service or is it outsourced?
Does DSK provide accessories which does not void the warranty?
Is it recommended by Hyosung to use high-Octane fuel?

Cheers!
Yes Lavish ,they have their own well-equipped service centres.
You must discuss the nature of the accessory you want to fit with the service engineer.Depending on his discretion you would be allowed.
For example I discussed about fitting an after-market exhaust , Larry Cooks Double Shots ,to which he agreed to fit it up for me after 1000 km.

Here is what Larry Cooks double shots look and sound like.
(Please Increase the volume on your speakers )

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsgeox View Post
I salute Mr. Mohan for following his heart rather than the crowd. There is no problem in buying a Hyosung if you are convinced that ...
Thanks , I had a tough time going against the tide , but I am happy I did it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by premjit View Post
Congrats Mohan, its a wonderful looker for sure.

Can you share some more detailed pics of the bike as well as share any modifications that you propose to make?
Thanks premjit, right now ,I do want to change the exhaust to a LC Double shot,after the thousand km run in. Also I plan to put up foot-rests , instead of the stock, foot-pegs.Not many modifications are needed excepting for some racks to carry luggage.Figuring it out right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyosung Aquila Pro, G V-650. My Unfinished Story!-front-position.jpg  

mohan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 17:02   #45
BHPian

Congrats Mohan, its a nice bike! Haven't heard one bad thing about the bike. I have my sights set on the Aquila as well. This is one hell of a VFM bike in which you don't really have to compromise on things. I drive a Skoda and a Ford and I know that you can live with DSK as well.

Animesh
animeshb is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks