Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2013, 20:01   #46
BHPian

Re: Hyosung Aquila Pro, G V-650. My Unfinished Story!

One hell of a Cruiser!
thats how a Cruiser ought to be.All chrome,bling bling and On road Presence.
have seen this bike at the Auto Expo and was totally smitten by it.
Ahh need to start saving (If a Aquila is coming in at around 3 lakhs, i sure am taking the plunge)
Thanks again for sharing with us
InControl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2013, 21:16   #47
BHPian

I will be going for my Aquila first service on this saturday , even though not done with 1k kms but its going to be one month, I don't have the option of service at door step! Looking forward to open some throttle after the first service.

-Pramod
Old 18th April 2013, 21:47   #48
BHPian

If I have not missed it, I dint seem to read anything about the exhaust note. Both have their own sounds, I think HD is the only bike manufacturer to copyright the exhaust note.

Aquilla, Ive heard the (250?) years back. Music. That was the only Aquilla Ive ever seen till date.

We all turn to see the source of the sound if it sounds familiar, RD, RX, Shogun and a well tuned bullet.

Ofcourse, as mentioned every bike or car has their own values. I tend to love them all.
Old 19th April 2013, 22:12   #49
BHPian

congratulations Mohan. Its one of the nicest looking bikes at this price range. I think you've done well by shunning the HD super low. All Hyosung bikes are well designed by the way. Had it been one of those established brands i am sure the looks would have won more admirers.
vibhavraghav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 23:05   #50
BHPian

Friends , Bike Gurus ,could you advise me if there are any serious octane boosters in the market .
This is now my concern since ,Hyosung recommends higher octane fuel for optimum performance. The availability is not an issue in cities but out there in far flung remote areas.
There is some information on TBHP regarding the same ,but the general opinion of the forum was that most octane boosters are a waste of time .
Kindly please enlighten.
Old 19th April 2013, 23:22   #51
BHPian

Hi Mohan, that was a nice thread. By any chance, do you know, based on your friends circle, when the Aquila GV 250 expected to launch. I see the looks of that bike really nice and wanted to see, how does it compare with CBR 250 which i own as of now.

Any thoughts on that..
Old 20th April 2013, 00:11   #52
BHPian

ru153, the Aquila GV 250 although available in the US markets , on enquiry from a DSK official (Ms Khanna),may not be launched in the near future.

Last edited by mohan : 20th April 2013 at 00:26.
Old 20th April 2013, 01:21   #53
BHPian

I have heard that some decisions are made by the heart while others are made by the mind. Your story seems to be the few exceptions where both the heart and mind came to an amicable agreement.

Congrats for your purchase and congrats for being able to stay away from the herd mentality.

This article really gave me a fresh perspective on how much further Hyosung has come from its Kinetic days. It may turn out to be another story like that of the other Korean, Hyundai.
Old 20th April 2013, 01:26   #54
BHPian

Congratulations Mohan on your new acquisition. It must have been very hard to move from a HD to an Hyosung! You have done it with a clear mind. The bike delivers VFM. You have given me much to think about!
Regards,
Ashok
Old 20th April 2013, 22:03   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan View Post
ru153, the Aquila GV 250 although available in the US markets , on enquiry from a DSK official (Ms Khanna),may not be launched in the near future.
Actually I enquired in Mumbai and they in fact do have the 250 for sale ! Hope I am not confusing the model with anything else . . Went to see the Aquila and saw the 250 on display as well
Old 20th April 2013, 22:34   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saptarshi B View Post

Actually I enquired in Mumbai and they in fact do have the 250 for sale ! Hope I am not confusing the model with anything else . . Went to see the Aquila and saw the 250 on display as well
The model you are talking about is GT 250 not the Aquila, GT is sport model, while Aquila is cruiser. Aquila 250 was launched in limited number by Kinetic, they never relaunched it again, I had the Kinetic Comet that is essentially the GT 250 naked, but it was carbureted version the current one is EFI.

I got my Aquila 1st service done, the picked the vehicle from my home and dropped after service!

-Pramod
Old 20th April 2013, 23:24   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saptarshi B View Post
AS of now , only 2 cruisers are available form the Hyosung stable, the Aquila GV 650 and the ST-7. There are however plans to relaunch the EFI version of Aquila GV 250 in India which is likely to come this year end or the next . It is possible you may have seen the GV 250 ,which may have been a direct import.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post

I got my Aquila 1st service done, the picked the vehicle from my home and dropped after service!

-Pramod
Any difference in the feel of the ride post-servicing ??
Old 20th April 2013, 23:47   #58
BHPian

Quote:

AS of now , only 2 cruisers are available form the Hyosung stable, the Aquila GV 650 and the ST-7. There are however plans to relaunch the EFI version of Aquila GV 250 in India which is likely to come this year end or the next . It is possible you may have seen the GV 250 ,which may have been a direct import.

Mohan mitraa, heartiest congratulations on the baby beast!200 times better than 883,i had it for a while, used to scrape even on peanuts! After going through your review am gonna buy a ST7 very soon ... Ride safe buddy
kedarwalke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2013, 11:59   #59
BHPian

Quote:

Yup realized that later.

The Aquila 650 is currently available with zero waiting time in Mumbai compared to the 40 days earlier. I have got 3 calls from the showroom last week askin if I want to purchase he bike. Seems thy have stocked up.

I might bother you for a test drive soon!

Last edited by Saptarshi B : 21st April 2013 at 12:00.
Old 21st April 2013, 22:04   #60
BHPian

Quote:

No difference, the only thing I can tell is now I am free to ride as I wish, it's out of running period! I rode 250kms today, out of which 160kms non stop, the max I can physically ride!
Enjoyed the weekend, the torque is amazing you just turn the throttle and bike takes off in 5th gear, it amazes the running car, this bike definitely needs a wind deflector else your body takes too much air pressure and that tires you to core or ride it below 80, not sure if DSK are offering any accesories.

-Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks