Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2013, 20:33   #76
BHPian

Re: Hyosung Aquila Pro, G V-650. My Unfinished Story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeharsh View Post
Next thing I did was book one for myself and I got delivery last evening as promised (within 10 days time). I will soon be posting my own thread! :-)
Great going Harsh, looking forward to hear your experiences.What color is the bike ?

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 1st August 2013 at 11:21. Reason: Fixed quote tags
Old 15th June 2013, 07:59   #77

Mohan - I got the black bike :-) I am still taking her to my office and back (approx 40 km / day) and will post a more detailed experienced after a week.
shreeharsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2013, 20:09   #78
BHPian

A close friend of mine ,recently got his exhaust changed on his GV 650 Aquila.
The new exhaust "sounds " and "looks" great too.
Its called a "Tail gunner " exhaust and is available with DSK Auto as an accessory. One can fit it immediately on purchase of the bike without voiding any warranty.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

MODS please remove the video if it is against posting rules.
mohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2013, 20:31   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan View Post
A close friend of mine ,recently got his exhaust changed on his GV 650 Aquila.
The new exhaust "sounds " and "looks" great too.
I had no idea what was in store when you said it 'looks' great

It might be uber cool, but I am definitely not getting that for my bikes. I hope it is too expensive so that it doesn't proliferate. I'd be scared to tail these bikes..
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2013, 20:43   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I had no idea what was in store when you said it 'looks' great

It might be uber cool, but I am definitely not getting that for my bikes. I hope it is too expensive so that it doesn't proliferate. I'd be scared to tail these bikes..
I have placed the words look and sound in apostrophe ,meaning I personally wouldn't do it on my bike even if DSK offers it to me free. But ,and this is by all means is a definitive but, there are people who say they would want to get this done on their bikes ASAP, so I guess perceptions vary!
Thanks for your opinion.
I would definitely like to know more as to why you " wouldn't tail these bikes".
Is there something we should know?
Old 21st July 2013, 20:56   #81
BHPian

Quote:
so I guess perceptions vary! Thanks for your opinion. I would definitely like to know more as to why you " wouldn't tail these bikes". Is there something we should know?
It is all a matter of perception. This exhaust wouldn't have found the light of the day otherwise!

I was joking about tailing these bikes because I would feel someone is shooting me.

My whole post is in a light vein!
Old 4th August 2013, 14:54   #82
BHPian

Dr Mohan, brave and good decision specially if most of the use is for intra city driving - from what I have read of the adjusted gear ratios and so on. I plan to take a road test tomorrow in Pune. Let me know -

Is there a suitable finance scheme for these bikes by DSK or other banks/institutions? Most banks (SBI) charge 17% for two wheeler loans or do not give a loan over 2 lakhs for it.

How heavy is it to push and park?

How difficult is it to balance and drive in stop start traffic?

I am looking for a replacement for my 12 year old Eliminator - unhappy with the spare parts available now and don't like the Avenger much - and find there is a huge gap in the cruiser market - nothing available below 650 cc! I don't really plan much of highway riding so would have been content with a 250 cc cruiser. I cannot believe no such bike is available here!

Looking fwd to hearing from you! Awaiting your response on the Aquila Pro after use of 1.5 months now! Give us feedback specially regarding city driving and kind of traffic you pass through...Thanks

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 8th November 2013 at 11:47. Reason: Please use multi-quote instead of posting successive back-to-back posts within 30 mins.
frequentflyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2013, 14:00   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequentflyer View Post
Hey! Awaiting your response on the Aquila Pro after use of 1.5 months now! Give us feedback specially regarding city driving and kind of traffic you pass through...Thanks
@ Frequentflyer - I have been using my Aquila 650 for over a month now, mainly in Pune as a daily commute vehicle to office and back! Am responding to your questions as best as I can -
1. I got an auto loan from HDFC bank; and DSK does have tie-ups with Tata Finance and BOI (if memory serves me right)
2. It is a heavy bike, and you will face issues parking on the roadside, especially where roads slope downwards - it is a big task for me (i am 34, @ 85 kg and try to work out in the gym almost daily) to pull it back on the road quickly.
3. In city traffic, so long as you are moving, there is generally not much of a heating problem, At signals, or slow moving traffic, the engine heats up considerably! So you are well advised NOT to wear shorts while riding!
4. The balance of the GV650 is good, with its low center of gravity.

All in all, I must say I am extremely happy with the purchase! :-)
shreeharsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2013, 18:22   #84
BHPian

Dr. Mohan, I recently heard of a person who is not using it in town due to the 'heating problem'. It appears to be fairly acute and some people obviously are unable to just shrug and let it go. I have an Eliminator (90 kg lighter than Aquila) and understand what you mean by parking probs. These big bikes can be parked only where one has dedicated or reserved parking at places of work or home. Not for public roads like Laxmi road certainly!!

Hearing of the heating I dropped the idea. Secondly my e mail to dsk dealer has remained unanswered for nearly 8 days now!

May be I will wait for the Aquila 250 to be introduced now.

Thanks!
frequentflyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 20:58   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequentflyer View Post
Dr. Mohan, I recently heard of a person who is not using it in town due to the 'heating problem. I have an Eliminator (90 kg lighter than Aquila) and understand what you mean by parking probs. These big bikes can be parked only where one has dedicated or reserved parking Not for public roads like Laxmi road certainly!!
Hearing of the heating I dropped the idea.
May be I will wait for the Aquila 250 to be introduced now.
Thanks!
Hello there !
  • Me and my friend Sameer both own the Aquila Pro and we have done 3500 km so far. We havent had this "heating" problem. This does not mean that other users of Aquila are wrong. We have used the bike ONLY for long distance rides and do not use it in the city traffic.
  • I have turned 45 years now and trust me I do not have any issues with the weight of the vehicle.In fact I use to have a difficult time with my Classic 500 to manage it ;parking on slopes. This bike has a low height ,once perched on it , moving back and forth ain't much sweat.
  • As far as parking space, I do agree it has its own problems. First: you would have a crowd around it , people toying around with it. Teenagers even go ahead with sitting on the bike and taking their own photographs. Second: There are some evil minded people who could do some damage to your bike hence you cant leave this bike unattended. Thats a major drawback. This I guess would be a problem with any other superbike.
  • Obviously since the bike is big ,parking space needed would be more.
  • I availed of loan from Bank Of Maharashtra . The interest rate I am paying is 11 %. I dont know if its is the same now.
I would post my user report soon with some fresh photographs.
Old 30th August 2013, 12:10   #86
BHPian

OT:

Dilip Bam's view on Aquila.

Old 29th October 2013, 01:10   #87
BHPian

The story of my Hyosung Aquila thus continues and fortunately it still remains a happy one,touch wood ,without the entry of any villains (problems).

Due to the prolonged rains in Coastal Maharashtra , my riding had dwindled.
I have just finished the second servicing of the bike.
As usual I just fixed up an appointment with DSK and they sent 2 mechanics at the residence for the second service.
It involved minor work though and took about 2 hours.

Hyosung Aquila Pro, G V-650. My Unfinished Story!-aquila-service-1.jpg

Hyosung Aquila Pro, G V-650. My Unfinished Story!-aquila-service.jpg

The only issue I had was that the vehicle could start only in a particular clutch position, this was rectified by changing the clutch cable.

Now that the rains have stopped I do plan to go in for major rides.
Will keep posted.
mohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2013, 01:53   #88
BHPian

Very informative review,how has the service experience been so far and could you please share the service intervals and it's cost? i am hoping to buy a GV-650 by next year end.
Old 23rd November 2013, 13:38   #89
BHPian

Congrats on your possession, Mohan!

Quote:
I too was a very religious man ,worshipping my Royal Enfield-Classic-500 when I attained enlightenment.

I decided to be free from dogma ,religion ,faith.

I now am a non-believer , I now have the Hysoung Aquila.
Spirituality in a nutshell... However many would disagree when someone says a non-believer / atheist can be spiritual as well...
Old 15th December 2013, 02:54   #90
BHPian

Quote:
One such religious group is spear -headed by a demi-God, "Harley Davidson " and the other well known God in our part of the planet is "Royal Enfield". These religions are old.
These have multitude of followers , who love their Gods ,have an unshakeable belief even when their Gods wont deliver .

It's the sense of belonging to a group and the sense of being a family that bonds.

I too was a very religious man ,worshipping my Royal Enfield-Classic-500 when I attained enlightenment.

I decided to be free from dogma ,religion ,faith.

I now am a non-believer , I now have the Hysoung Aquila.
Wish other RE owners were the same.(No offence meant to anyone here) I have had a tough time having a sensible discussion with them just because they mix up hardfacts and emotions (religion as you said). There are only two options - Either they take you as a RE basher (and retaliate) or they go ahead and prove their superiority.

I have stopped discussing these topics with them because I know they wont understand till they get their emotions out and talk on engineering facts.

I respect the feelings people have for their bikes, but that should not cloud rationality.
I am happy to have many open-minded person here in this forum who would hear to both sides and decide based on hard facts rather than getting trapped in words such as cult/religion/feel/soul/bikers club etc.

Sorry If this post offends anyone, but I still believe comparison has to be on hard engineering facts and not on feelings and emotions (because feelings and emotions can't be compared)

Your bike looks awesome indeed and would really want to know more about how Hysosung has been able to use a Sportsbike motor into a cruiser bike and still has owners happy!
amit_purohit20 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed