Team-BHP - 'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/136458-indian-motorcycle-make-india-debut.html)

Indian Motorcycle, America's oldest motorcycle brand will be coming to India. The brand is owned by Polaris Industries which already sells all terrain vehicles in India. The all-new 2014 Indian Chief will be unveiled at the 73rd annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota, USA (August 3-11, 2013). The 2014 Chief will be powered by a V-Twin which the company calls the Thunder Stroke 111. The 111 cubic-inch (1,819 cc) Thunder Stroke motor is a deliberate dig at rival Harley-Davidson. Harley's biggest factory engine option is the 110 cubic-inch Twin Cam.

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-indian.jpg

The massive Thunder Stroke 111 has been in development for 2 years. The air cooled twin has three camshafts, pushrods and two valves per cylinder. The engine comes with hydraulic self-adjusting lifters and a forged crankshaft. BHP figures have not been quoted yet, torque stands at a tree-stump pulling 156 Nm. Fuel is delivered via electronic sequential port fuel injection. A 6-speed manual transmission helps deliver the power, coupled with a multi-plate wet clutch.

Click Here to go to the website

Quote:

Iconic Indian Motorcycles has finally announced its India launch date which is set to take place on 22 Jan 2014 in Delhi. However, currently Indian’s exact model line-up for the country and more details are yet to be announced.

Indian motorcycles will rival Harley-Davidson’s bikes which have been on a dream run since its launch. What we do know is these cruisers will launch housing Indian’s latest 111 Thunderstroke engine which was recently updated on the Indian model line-up in international markets.
'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-indian.jpg
source: Autocar India link

Legendary American bike maker, Indian Motorcycles is set to make its debut in India.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-indian-2.jpg

These bikes are really cool but they are costly than HD. With CBU, the minimum price will be upwards of 18 Lakhs. Hope they get the CDK route soon to sell more.

Seems the Launch is happening today.
All the bikes would be CBU.
Showrooms would be first in New Delhi followed by Bangalore.

Starts at 26.5 L (ex delhi) !!

Source:
http://www.motoroids.com/news/live-i...s-price-specs/

American bike manufacturer, Indian Motorcycle has launched its range of three bikes in India.

The range includes:
Indian Chief Classic – cruiser, Rs. 26.5 lakh (ex-showroom,Delhi)
Indian Chief Vintage – soft bagger, Rs. 29.5 lakh (ex-showroom,Delhi)
Indian Chieftain – faired hard bagger, Rs. 33 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi)

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-indian2.jpg

American motorcycle manufacturer, Indian Motorcycle has inaugurated its first showroom in India. It is located at B-10, Info City, Sector 34, Gurgaon, in the state of Haryana.

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-indian-motorcycle-dealership-gurgaon-may-7.jpg
'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-indian-motorcycle-inauguration-2.jpg
'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-indian-motorcycle-inauguration.jpg
'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-indian-motorcycle-dealership-gurgaon-may-7.jpg
'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-indian-dealership-inauguration-merchandise-section.jpg
'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-indian-motorcycle-dealership-inauguration-2.jpg

Indian Motorcycles just unveiled their new bike - 2015 Indian Scout, a 1130cc, 100hp liquid-cooled. The price in the US is $ 11,000 (₹.6,72,000 approx.). Cool price, at least in the US but the CBU route to our shores will kill the joy of it.

The company is calling it a 'fun bike' and its aimed at new & female riders. I'm not really a fan of cruisers (only exception being the HD Fat Bob) but the new Indian Scout 2015 is quite the looker, imo.

Indian Motorcycles - India

Specifications: 2015 Indian Scout

ENGINE: Liquid-cooled 60-degree V-twin , DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder

HORSEPOWER 100hp @ 8100 rpm

DISPLACEMENT: 69 cubic in. / 1113cc

TRANSMISSION: 6 speed

CLUTCH: Wet multi-plate

DRY WEIGHT: 245 Kg

WET WEIGHT: 254 Kg.

GROUND CLEARANCE: 135 mm

FRONT TIRE: 130/90-16 72H

FRONT WHEEL: Cast alloy, 16 x 3.5

REAR TIRE: 150/80-16 71H

REAR WHEEL: Cast alloy, 16 x 3.5

Note from Support - Please avoid submitting back to back posts. You can click on the "Edit" button to add more content to your original post within 30 mins of submitting it.

This motor is kind of same as the v-rod motor(liquid cooled , revs high by cruiser standards , DOHC ) from harley but while the v-rod has a modern power cruiser stance , this one looks old school . One of the best looking cruisers I have seen and the motor on paper and in appearance as well seems menacing .

Suppose at US , the competition is the sportster line-up , here the price will be doubled putting it alongside the fatboy . V-rod costs over 25 L right ? I will be very surprised if this ( assuming reliability etc are upto mark ) motorbike doesn't performs well against the sportster and the similar options on offer from honda or star motorcycle .It is new , it looks badass and should deliver more than adequate power to the rear wheel .

PS : is it belt or chain driven ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by basuroy (Post 3495959)
PS : is it belt or chain driven ?

Nothing on Indian's specs page but another article mentioned the presence of a carbon fiber belt.

Quote:

Suppose at US , the competition is the sportster line-up , here the price will be doubled putting it alongside the fatboy .
yeah, this is pitched against the Sporsters & the Street 500 & 750. In Indian's own release statement, the Scout is a 'fun bike', not sure in what world a 1100cc bike is supposed to be fun for the newbies & females. So unless some reviews start coming in, its hard to say what this machine is capable of.

Despite being quite a motorcycle enthusiast and a Royal Enfield owner, who are suppose to be quite the cruiser bugs, I was never a fan of the overweight and overly "American" Harleys and Indians. I loved some of the earlier bikes, especially the Indian 4-cylinder bikes from the 30's like the Indian Four just because the looked fantastic and seemed quite fascinating.

But today I chanced upon this -

http://www.morebikes.co.uk/2015-indi...rst-morebikes/

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-scoutpressreleaseimage.jpg

Indian have revealed the 2015 Indian Scout, which is a recreation of the original Scout from the 1920's. I saw this picture and just was left breathless. I really am not a fan of big V-Twin engines, but this bike just looks so beautiful I couldn't resist. The black V-Twin actually adds so much character and presence to the bike. Just brilliant. It has such classic old school look, especially in silver and grey it just looks smashing.

The bike is so well proportioned and so minimalistic with the single brown seat, large fenders (but not as massive as the other Indian bikes), small headlamps and black wheels. Sigh! This is the only bike that I've put as my desktop wallpaper within the first look at the bike!

Anyways, its the first liquid-cooled bike from Indian and not being a purist just makes me love the bike even more. Check out the article for more details, and I'll sit back and stare at my desktop wallpaper!

The picture below is the 2015 Scout with its almost 100 year old predecessor.

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-0803142015indianscoutfamilystatic1583x389.jpg

Note from Support - Post moved to an existing thread. Please search before creating new threads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by basuroy (Post 3495959)
Suppose at US , the competition is the sportster line-up , here the price will be doubled putting it alongside the fatboy . V-rod costs over 25 L right ?

V-Rods are actually cheaper than Fatboys - its only in India that they are more expensive since they are CBU imports as against the Fatboys assembled from CKD kits.

Looks like this would provide some competition to the 1200 Sportsters.

Indian was revived some years ago, collapsed and has again been resuscitated by Polaris (owned by Yamaha). But, they have not been able to make much of a headway against Harley Davidson, mainly because of the very limited range - just one bike! (with three trim levels) - and very high prices.

Even the massive Jap bikemakers have not been able to make a dent against HD in spite of offering similar bikes at half the cost.

The Indian Scout has been unveiled in India. Bookings are open and the price of the bike has been pegged at Rs. 11.99 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Burt Munro's bike launched in its new avatar!!! And at 11.99L

Webpage - http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-in/scout-indian-red

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-indian-scout_2.jpg

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-indian-scout_1.jpg

'Indian Motorcycle' to make India debut-indian-scout_3.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZPVosB8EQM

Words fail me... Wow!

This is superbly awesome, my harley story hasnt even started yet and i feel like upgrading to Indian Scout badly. It'll be a long an interesting story for me.