Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2014, 15:08   #346
BHPian

Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Here is mine. Just got the 1st service done. The run switch was not working from day 2, Got is covered under warranty. Otherwise it would have made a big hole in my already torn wallet. Rs. 9750 !! For a switch? Come on. How much it will take to make that switch? 500, 1000 ? Not 10K, I am sure. No complaints though.
Attached Thumbnails
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-001.jpg  

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-002.jpg  

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-003.jpg  

zacs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 15:15   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacs View Post
Here is mine.
Congrats zacs and welcome to the club. I hope you are enjoying yours as much as I am mine. Surprised to hear about the switch though. And yes, Harley parts are insanely exorbitantly priced. Touch wood, mines riding like a dream.

Enjoy and drive safe...
Old 1st August 2014, 15:57   #348
Senior - BHPian

Lovely looking bike zacs. Love those fat meaty pipes!
Old 1st August 2014, 17:41   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacs View Post
Here is mine. .
:drool: congrats bro and welcome to the club.
I've been welcoming people to the club and still in the waiting line for mine, another 5 months
Old 1st August 2014, 19:24   #350
BHPian

Congratulations Zacs ! Welcome to the club. Nice pics with the HOG jacket on.

I echo with you Abhimanyu. I have a wait of the same duration.
Old 4th August 2014, 11:53   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
Congratulations Zacs ! Welcome to the club. Nice pics with the HOG jacket on.

I echo with you Abhimanyu. I have a wait of the same duration.
Thanks Brother. That Jacket is from Aditi Wasan, bought online for 6K. HOG decals are stitched. Must say, its awesome and feels better than the over priced Harley ones.
zacs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 13:00   #352
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the family, Zacs! Hope to catch up with you on HOG rides!
Old 6th August 2014, 18:30   #353
Senior - BHPian

Fitted the self fabricated back-rest today for the oncoming Independence Day overnight excursion to Rishikesh. My wife wanted to ride pillion and was excited about her first (semi) long distance trip.

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-backrest-installed-06082014_2.jpg

Used Black Allen Bolts instead of the original metal finish ones. Costed just 70 bucks for 4.
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-backrest-installed-06082014_3.jpg

Looks proportionate overall. Though I did not like the purple color off the rope much. Planning to change it to Black or Harley Orange.
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-backrest-installed-06082014_1.jpg

Got information about a custom back rest for our Harleys being manufactured by a HOG here itself in Delhi. Adjustable for both pillion as well as rider use. Costs about 25k.
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-backrest-indian.jpeg

Saw this beautifully customised Superlow. This particular bike opens up a plethora of options for customisations unlike some of the other Harley models.
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-customised-superlow.jpg

But the rides continue bringing a smile everyday.
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-random-ride_1.jpg

And time to get dirty in these monsoon rides...
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-random-ride.jpg

Last edited by dkaile : 6th August 2014 at 18:46.
dkaile is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 19:02   #354
Senior - BHPian

Dhiraj sir,

don't get me wrong! The fabricated backrest is a great utility but is a cropper when it comes to finish quality. Looks crude to me.

The second back-rest - the adjustable one, I guess it is made by Sandeep? He has a unit here in Bangalore as well and caters to the southern region and is in great demand!
Old 6th August 2014, 19:07   #355
BHPian

Dhiraj sir, I guess you would also need the padding on the sissy-bar for back support. Else it wont be that comfortable on the long runs.
Old 6th August 2014, 19:12   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
The fabricated backrest is a great utility but is a cropper when it comes to finish quality. Looks crude to me.

The second back-rest - the adjustable one, I guess it is made by Sandeep?
Of course it cannot be of a Harley fit and finish. The main reason for installing this is a temporary one as my wife refused to carry on with the longish ride without a back rest. That is why I was delaying installing it for so long whereas I had fabricated it a few months back. But it costs ZERO (actual cost is around 3K including powder coating) compared to the Harley 'stealers' cost of 25K. Eventually I may have to cough up for that one only, a detachable one at that. But for this ride this is the stop gap arrangement.

Yeah, I think his name is Sandeep only but for him to be charging 25k for a Indian fabricated product is going a little over the top, imho.
Old 6th August 2014, 19:46   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Of course it cannot be of a Harley fit and finish. The main reason for installing this is a temporary one as my wife refused to carry on with the longish ride without a back rest. That is why I was delaying installing it for so long whereas I had fabricated it a few months back. But it costs ZERO (actual cost is around 3K including powder coating) compared to the Harley 'stealers' cost of 25K. Eventually I may have to cough up for that one only, a detachable one at that. But for this ride this is the stop gap arrangement.

Yeah, I think his name is Sandeep only but for him to be charging 25k for a Indian fabricated product is going a little over the top, imho.
Yeah from utility perspective its a boon!

I have seen some of his stuff and you are bang on, too high a pricing for the quality of work.
Old 10th August 2014, 18:57   #358
Senior - BHPian

Just got the information, that Contrary to everybody's perception about Harleys - Fatboys, Iron, Super Low- two each and a Night Rod covered approx 1400 Kms in 4 days to reach Leh today, soon they would start the descend back to Delhi, the bikes have come trouble free and are the most apt for any terrain according to the riders, and combated those tough terrains. Need to get in some more info regarding the river crossings from them before planning my own sojourn...

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harleys-leh-aug-2014.jpg

Cheers...
dkaile is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 10th August 2014, 20:07   #359
BHPian

WoW super info! Dhiraj Sir. It's very inspiring indeed. At my office we are already planning a Mumbai Goa and a Mumbai Udaipur next year... it's going to be a grand feeling out on the open highways on these machines.
Vista is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 21:59   #360
BHPian

Congrats Dhiraj on a wonderful and informative and educative thread. I have been following your thread with interest for quite some time as i am inclined to buy one. in fact I have booked one. I became a member recently so I am posting this query now. So if you don't mind I wanted to ask you where did you source the exhausts from and do you recommend its installation at the time of delivery. Also what is your opinion on V&H straight shots/Staggered Shots.
SDRam is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks