Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2013, 13:45   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Congratulations ! Always happy to see an old biker get his ride back. This is definitely one of the better Harleys there is in terms of practicality and everyday use. All you got to do now is take her out for those rides. Ride far ride safe.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 14:43   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hello Dkaile,

Congrats on owning a dream two-wheeler. I guess the old saying is now proved true - Once a biker is always a biker.

Your bike is certainly a owners pride & onlooker's envy. No wonder you will have to answer endless queries whenever you go with this bike.

Wish you ultimate biking pleasure (nirvana) on this beast.

I am waiting for your speed updates after completing 1600 kms. Also any plans to take this bike to Himalayas in near future?

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 14:57   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Ha ha.. Your comments made me laugh for sure. You do want to turn me into a hippie.

Talking of beards, here's one

Attachment 1137455

So we expect you to be the second personality at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Congratulations on the new HD. Now's the time to decorate the bike with a Team-BHP sticker or two! And head for the hills.
Unfortunately bikers are left with the choice of transparent URL stickers only. Rest of them are large for the two wheelers unless some scissor customizations are done. Loved to have some 2x2 or 3x3 inch formats which can easily go on the mud guards, gas tanks etc
jacs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 15:25   #34

Many-Many congratulations to you for the bike. Superlow is one amazing bike, its sound is trademark Harley and is pleasure to ones ears.

My friend also bought a super-low recently from the same showroom in VasantKunj, his buying experience has also been great.

At one point I was also interested in Superlow, but my childhood dream of owing a fairing super bike just pulled me away. May be some time in my life, i will also be part of the HOGs
sheeniz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 16:09   #35
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to you Sir. Thanks for sharing all the detailed pics and prices on the add-on parts.

I must say, Harley Davidson bikes exude a lot of quality and finish, contrary to popular belief that these bikes are "glorified bullets" (apologies if i am hurting sentiments of anyone).

A HD is on my wishlist but it will take a few years to make them a reality in my garage.

Are you considering a pair of screaming eagle or vance and hines pipes sometime in the future? The bike looks absolutely wow with all the shiny bits of chrome and the paint job is brilliant too. Superbly finished, i must say.

Wishing you many happy miles with this one.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 16:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
contrary to popular belief that these bikes are "glorified bullets" (apologies if i am hurting sentiments of anyone).
I am sure none of the owners will disagree. And the fact that the iron 883 is like around 2K USD more than a desert storm in US. Even if the bullet is priced at Iron 883, RE cannot deliver such a quality. They have the worst quality when it comes to finish.

And i am the same person who defended RE few weeks back that if RE sells for 11L it may bring in quality.

If HD were manufactured here in India, the 883 would be around 4L and no RE at 4L can match the finish of HD.

And the engine is way more powerful than the 500 , its a V-Twin and a beautiful looking macho bike.

I also love the honda, indian and kawasaki when it comes to tourer.
VW2010 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 16:40   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Are you considering a pair of screaming eagle or vance and hines pipes sometime in the future?
Thanks aditya. The video is still loading but the stock exhausts as it is are so loud that my neighbours and club-valahs are ready to ban me for noise pollution... lolz. I think the Vances and the SEs will blow their roofs. Maybe after a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
I am sure none of the owners will disagree.
Having been a past Bullet 500 owner and aficionado myself, I do disagree. Bullets are nowhere even near the fit and finish of the metal and the chrome of the Harleys. The attention to detail in the Harleys is to be touched to be felt. Harleys are super refined but do need more comfortable stock touring seats. Only problem with the Harleys is that everything under the sun is available for them but at a steep cost.

Well the Meerut HOGs are planning a 200km return trip to Gajraula on the silky highway via Hapur this Sunday. More on the touring capabilities then.

And somehow this bike pushes me towards itself every few hours to take it for a ride. Never happened with any luxury car. That's the lure of a Harley. Too difficult to express in words...

Last edited by dkaile : 12th September 2013 at 16:42.
dkaile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 16:58   #38
BHPian

Congratulations dkaile, the bike looks delicious if I may say that . You have tried to encapsulate a very detailed pictorial of the bike and its great to see your passion and love for the machine shine in those pics, the attention to detail while photographing is brilliant. I am sure you will dress it up as per your taste going forward, do share what all you intend to add on the machine. And yes I pressume exausts to be on the top of the the list, let the machine roar meerut roads.
invincible7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 18:49   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Having been a past Bullet 500 owner and aficionado myself, I do disagree.
Ooopss..now i read it again it means exactly opposite to what i meant to say. i meant to say bullets are glorified and compared to fit and quality of HD they are no where close to and the cost of these bulls are so high and close to the lowest price harley(us) that bullets dont deserve to be compared or called as indian harley's.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 06:45   #40
BHPian

dkaile congrats on the Harley and thank you for sharing those fantastic pics and your review was absolutely fantastic. Its the most comprehensive review by an Indian i have read on a super low. I too aspire to own a HD and your thread is aspirational. Please share some nice highway pics soon.
madhkris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 11:45   #41
Senior - BHPian

Superb write-up of a superb bike.

This is the first ownership experience of a HD that I've read and I think it might be the first on team-bhp as well, I am not sure about it though.

Congratulations on living the dream of every rider. Hope you see many miles of tarmac with the beast.
dZired is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 11:53   #42
Senior - BHPian

@Dkaile.

You have tempted me big time to look at street bob now. I am planning from this day onwards waiting for Dec 31st 2015 when i am allowed to buy a bike. Basically take a loan

I actually went back to this thread, read multiple reviews on street bob and i am sure that will be the HD i will buy when i do buy.

For now let me enjoy your ride in this thread. Great going.
VW2010 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 14:01   #43
Senior - BHPian

ROOF Desmo - Now that's one heck of a helmet. Revolutionary design. Turns from Full Face to 3/4th in a flick.

Old 13th September 2013, 15:24   #44
Senior - BHPian

You mixed left and right up in you video. Relax You bought your dream bike.

The ride quality and cost of accessories stops me from getting one. Avoiding a TD coz I might fall for a Harley if I do.

Can you also take a video when the bike is parked outside in a open space?
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 16:01   #45
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your dream machine and thanks for the pictures. Must confess - the first bike review that I have gone through in detail! The reason - because its a Harley and you have a crisp writing style

Have fun chewing up the highway!!
suman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks