Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2015, 10:44   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
So discovered the 1st Puncture on my bike today.
How is the puncture repair doing? And how many kms have you done after the puncture? Any speed restrictions? Asking as I got a puncture on my rear tyre of my Ninja yesterday and had it repaired from a tyrewallah nearby the same way as yours was repaired.
Old 16th February 2015, 11:01   #527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
How is the puncture repair doing?
Doing pretty well for me. Have done my top speed after that without any issues. No leakages or tyre pressure loss.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 14:39   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Doing pretty well for me. Have done my top speed after that without any issues. No leakages or tyre pressure loss.
These repairs are supposed to be temporary.
Please, if possible, do a mushroom puncture repair where it is fixed from inside. Details should be available on the web as which store would do that.
Old 16th February 2015, 17:00   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
These repairs are supposed to be temporary.
I don't think so. If they can work on my high speed Skoda Superb tyres what's to stop them from performing here. Besides it's not the first tubeless puncture in our Harleys in Meerut. Many have been working flawlessly in other Harleys for years now.
dkaile is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 19:59   #530
BANNED

Quote:
I was also surprised at the rear brakes going @8k whereas the front brake pads are nearly new with more than 50% thickness still left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post

But changing at 4k is hideous! However bad the road conditions are!
Hi guys.

Rear brakes on a Harley can be used more than normal compared to regular bikes due to the weight distribution and relatively lower weight transfer.

Am sure you guys already knew that

Coming to excessive wear on the rear pads, an often overlooked cause is rear wheel alignment.

If you have ever had your rear wheel removed, or otherwise, have the rear wheel checked for alignment. It is a major cause for "squealing" bikes. Also causes excessive wear on pads.

If your service center has a laser alignment tool, have them check with that. Or, you could hit the internet and make a DIY tool with a coat hanger like I did.

Cheers

Ride Safe.
gthang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 23:45   #531
Senior - BHPian

Good info Gthang sir. Our service guys wouldn't do all that. They just do whatever seems right to them and just BS the owners.
Old 22nd February 2015, 14:37   #532
BHPian

Hello dkaile Sir,
Having read your ownership thread many times, have learnt that not all customization on one's harley should be bought off the rack from a harley showroom, it should be more personal if you really want your bike to look like an extension of your own personality.

Had booked my 48 with Capital Harley in mid Jan only to be told that I will be getting the bike at the end of March or early April. Though i am not in too much hurry myself but the wait is quite a drag.

Anyways will start my own ownership thread and wish its as informative and inspiring as yours.
Vikram_agg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2015, 19:25   #533
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for not updating since coming back from IBW 2015, Goa. Had a fantastic time with like minded friends. No photographs as already great coverage has been done by fellow TeamBhpian Tushar here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-2015-goa.html

Ordered a KAVACi Indianapolis Leather Riding jacket in Black at the IBW - http://www.amazon.in/KAVACi-Indianap...5735933&sr=1-1 . Got a fantastic deal price of 7k at IBW for it (MRP 13k). Its on the way.

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-kawaci-indianopolis-brown-leather-jacket_1.jpg

Sadly the upgrade bug seems to be biting me too and I am looking to upgrade to a Fat Boy or a Heritage Softail Classic. Hence looking for buyers for my beauty which as you all are aware has been kept in a immaculate brand new condition (8200kms done). Do PM me if anyone is interested.

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-sunday-ride-01022015.jpg

Cheers...
Old 8th March 2015, 09:28   #534
BHPian

Hello Dhiraj sir, it was nice to meet you in person at the IBW. May I please make a humble suggestion? From what I've read in your thread, you love the bike for it's comfort, handling and ease of daily use. A dyna would seem ideal for you, in my mind. Spacious, comfortable, powerful and famed for their handling prowess. Long trips will be very easy, however small in city trips like your tennis rides will be far easier than on a softail. If you truly want a softail, the Fatboy is the ultimate motorcycle. Just a suggestion, sir. Good luck finding a home for your current beauty.
P.S. My bike is scheduled for delivery tomorrow!
KhalDrogo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2015, 20:22   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhalDrogo View Post
it was nice to meet you in person at the IBW. May I please make a humble suggestion? From what I've read in your thread, you love the bike for it's comfort, handling and ease of daily use. A dyna would seem ideal for you, in my mind. Spacious, comfortable, powerful and famed for their handling prowess. Long trips will be very easy, however small in city trips like your tennis rides will be far easier than on a softail. If you truly want a softail, the Fatboy is the ultimate motorcycle. Just a suggestion, sir. Good luck finding a home for your current beauty.
P.S. My bike is scheduled for delivery tomorrow!
Nice to meet you too KhalDrogo. Your suggestion is quite valid. I rode a Street Bob today over a longish ride. I was impressed by the better suspension and the smoother engine. But I missed the lightness, agility and initial torque of the Sportster. I am having second thoughts as to whether I should go for a immediate upgrade. And yes, Fat Boy is indeed my favorite bike for now. Let us see what the future holds. For now, I have just purchased a Sundowner seat at a good deal from a acquaintance which I shall be fitting on my Superlow for a more comfortable ride.

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-sundowner-seat.jpg

Cheers...
Old 12th March 2015, 17:46   #536
Senior - BHPian

Fitted personally a Two Brother Racing (TBR) 2 into 1 Full exhaust system on a friends 2008 Fat Bob - http://www.twobros.com/products/dyna...Dyna-2014.html

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-two-brother-exhausts-fat-bob.jpg

Took about 3 hours as we had got stuck to a bolt head that had broken off from a previous Vance & Hines Slip On install. This one sounds so much better and is deep and grunty without hurting the ears. We had got a very good deal for it at IBW, Goa of around 50k. MRP now is 77k for this Ceramic Black Edition with REAL Carbon Fiber Tips.

Sound Note -

Also received my Black Napa Leather Indianopolis Leather Jacket. It is so well designed and comfortable and is built to last a lifetime.

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-kavaci-indianopolis-napa-leather-jacket-black.jpg

Have also ordered the previously mentioned Sundowner Seat for my Superlow which I should receive in a day or two.

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 12th March 2015 at 17:49.
Old 22nd March 2015, 19:46   #537
Senior - BHPian

Installed a few accessories on the last service visit of the Harley technicians to Meerut.

The Chrome Narrow Billet Diamond Cut Hand Grips @Rs. 5374/-
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-chrome-billet-diamond-cut-hand-grips_1.jpg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-chrome-billet-diamond-cut-hand-grips_2.jpg

Screamin Eagles Spark Plugs @Rs. 1308/- and Orange Performance Wires @Rs. 1530/-
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-screamin-eagles-wires-plugs-insttalled-20032015.jpg

Had a long 300kms Sunday Ride today to test these out to Moradabad today
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-22032015_sunday-ride-moradabad_1.jpg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-22032015_sunday-ride-moradabad_2_2.jpg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-22032015_sunday-ride-moradabad_3.jpg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-22032015_sunday-ride-moradabad_4.jpg

Saw this nice customised Superlow on some forum. Was impressed.
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-customised-superlow_1.jpg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-customised-superlow_2.jpg

Ride hard, ride safe. Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 22nd March 2015 at 19:53.
Old 23rd March 2015, 23:03   #538
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 27th March 2015 at 18:23.
DevilzzzzOwn is offline   Received Infraction
Old 24th March 2015, 10:12   #539
Senior - BHPian

Just received the latest Harley price list from Capital Harley, Gurgaon. Seems like the price of the Superlow has now increased to 7.07 Lacs on-road Delhi !!! without a single accessory!

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-price-list-wef-01032015_delhi.jpg

Add to that some basic accessories like the Screamin Eagle Exhausts which they have increased to about 50k !! And the rear seat and pillion will set you back by another 15k, the cost of the Superlow with my recently added accessories configuration would come to around 7.80L on road !!! That's some appreciation. Planning for a upgrade to a Fat Boy soon and looking for some enthusiastic Harley lover to partake mine for around 5.5L which seems reasonable seeing the present prices and the bikes near new condition.

Cheers...
Old 24th March 2015, 11:26   #540
Senior - BHPian

Dhiraj sir,

Good to hear "Fatboy" instead of "Fatbob" ;-) Looking forward to hearing about your booking etc!

Cheers
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks