Team-BHP - Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/141465-harley-davidson-superlow-xl883l-comprehensive-review-5.html)

Tank filled for tomorrow's Sunday ride to Gajraula (65km one side), if it doesn't rain. 165km / 8L = 20kmpl. Not bad.

Congratulations! :)

Sorry to burst your bubble but the only thing motorcycle specific about HD riding gear is the name they stamp on it.

And this is not a blanket statement. BMW makes riding gears which are one of the best.

Congratulations sir on this absolutely amazing bike!
I have been lusting on Iron 883 since times immemorial, may be some day..!
Ride safe sir.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 3244199)
Sorry to burst your bubble but the only thing motorcycle specific about HD riding gear is the name they stamp on it.

And this is not a blanket statement. BMW makes riding gears which are one of the best.

No bubble to burst mate, I already agree with your statement. That is why I have purchased their bare minimum stuff. However accessories attached to the bike are manufactured by them AFAIK.
Quote:

Originally Posted by midazolam (Post 3244236)
Congratulations sir on this absolutely amazing bike!
I have been lusting on Iron 883 since times immemorial, may be some day..!

Thanks mate. Join us soon.

------------------

As West UP bandh was called today, petrol pumps were closed till the afternoon here. So the plan for the Gajraula drive (130kms return) was deferred. But there were still five of us who joined in for a 50km spin.

Getting ready for the drive
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-ccd-ride_1.jpg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-ccd-ride_2.jpg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-ccd-ride_3.jpg

5 of the mates joined in
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-ccd-ride_4.jpg

However only 4 were left due to lack of petrol
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-ccd-ride_5.jpg

My way or the highway
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-ccd-ride_6.jpg

A nice 53km ride
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-ccd-ride_7.jpg

Cheers...
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-harley-ccd-ride_8.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3244595)
However accessories attached to the bike are manufactured by them AFAIK.

Yes, you don't have much choice as far as accessorizing your HD goes.

Quote:

petrol pumps were closed till the afternoon here.
If you see staff loitering around the fuel bunk, a request would do the trick & am sure they would have been more than happy to oblige seeing those big bikes.

Please keep on increasing your riding distance as well as gears :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheel (Post 3245062)
Yes, you don't have much choice as far as accessorizing your HD goes.

If you see staff loitering around the fuel bunk, a request would do the trick & am sure they would have been more than happy to oblige seeing those big bikes.

On the contrary, the choice is so vast that it confuses you. But the prices are steep compared to Indian standards as most of the accessory manufacturer are in the US or Europe. jpcycles.com kuryakyn.com and similar are some of the popular sites. There are some good mom and pop sites dealing in Harley stuff.

We tried that and even phoned the owners who one of us knew but they were too afraid due to political situation in the city. The bunks were open on the byepass but our friend and the Fat Bob had left for home by then.

Yes, many longer rides are planned and on the anvil.

You know what, I am all at sea as far as HD Motorcycles or any cruiser goes, but bring on Sports Bikes & I just might answer few questions.

My comment was based on things sold @ India. US is a big hub for HD & there would be multi brands dealing in HD specific gears & accessories.

English equivalent of the Hindi Idiom *Small mouth big talk* Just wanted to ask a couple of things

1) How easy is it to fit the rear seat on the XL? Does one have to drill holes anywhere?

2) Any clue on the technical difference between 2-1 and 2-2 V&H short shots?

Am on the verge of tipping over for a Iron! Just on the verge -- stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3245272)
1) How easy is it to fit the rear seat on the XL? Does one have to drill holes anywhere?

2) Any clue on the technical difference between 2-1 and 2-2 V&H short shots?

1. I got it fitted from the dealership but all hardware holes are provided. No drilling. It's quite a simple job.
2. Have not researched the exhaust systems in depth. My stock exhausts are very loud when the bike is standing alone. Wakes up the neighbours in the morning. But it is another matter all together when I am in the company of my 10-12 other Harley mates all of whom have either V&H or Screaming Eagles attached... lolz. Then my bike feels quite. I for one would not go for screaming eagles/V&H for at least a year.

V&H Exhausts - http://www.vanceandhines.com/store/s...lsystems/17219

Join us soon mate. Life is short...

Congrats Dkaile, she looks gorgeous. And you seem to be getting a good mileage. Enjoy the ride..

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3245325)

Join us soon mate. Life is short...

Another hindi idiom, to which I have no English translation (Mods - please excuse) -- Neki aur pooch pooch?! clap:

I just got Harley'd -- Iron 883 it is. Just paid the booking amout. The wait is excruciating - 6 months!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3246533)
I just got Harley'd -- Iron 883 it is. Just paid the booking amout. The wait is excruciating - 6 months!

Congratulations. But it is strange to note the waiting period. The Iron 883 was available off the shelf in Delhi. And for the Superlow, I had to wait hardly 15 days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3246533)
Another hindi idiom, to which I have no English translation (Mods - please excuse) -- Neki aur pooch pooch?! clap:

Super choice and congrats buddy. My pick in the Harley stable as well. The other cool ones are very costly.
Loan or all cash$$ ?

Does the Duke stay or it goes now? I thought of the 200 as a decent cool bike too till I rde 390. Once you ride 390, you just can't go back to 200..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile (Post 3246541)
Super choice and congrats buddy. My pick in the Harley stable as well. The other cool ones are very costly.

Loan or all cash$$ ?

dkaile sir - sorry to be hijacking your thread. will come up with my own in a bit.

Abhi - Thanks for your wishes.

Right now I paid in cash - just the booking amount - 50k. The rest, I have to see, loan, cash etc or etc. :)

That is a nice Buff sir.....where did you buy that from....I would like to get one for my son too !

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.
Thanks