Team-BHP - Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/141465-harley-davidson-superlow-xl883l-comprehensive-review-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradhey (Post 3246585)
That is a nice Buff sir.....where did you buy that from....I would like to get one for my son too !

Couldn't get you. I thought you owned a Harley?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3246766)
Couldn't get you. I thought you owned a Harley?

Yes I do own a Iron 883 2013. I am actually inquiring about the "cloth" which you wear with your open face helmet. This cloth is called Buff, named after the company which makes it..

Can you share where this item, can be bought ? I like the design you have :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradhey (Post 3246798)

Yes I do own a Iron 883 2013. I am actually inquiring about the "cloth" which you wear with your open face helmet. This cloth is called Buff, named after the company which makes it..

Can you share where this item, can be bought ? I like the design you have :)

This one's actually a Tube. I had posted the link a few posts back. Bought it from cramster.in.

Belated Congrats Dheeraj! Missed this thread of yours - been really busy lately.
All your cool pics have me drooling over your Harley! Loved the bike and your pics have really brought out each and every detail.
The Harley SuperLow is really cool and makes me want to go back to my biking days !

Have a great time with your Harley and hope to join you someday in the HOG.

Regards
Behemoth

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3246540)
Congratulations. But it is strange to note the waiting period. The Iron 883 was available off the shelf in Delhi. And for the Superlow, I had to wait hardly 15 days.

This is the problem in Bangalore. I booked my Superlow in mid August and there is a 3-4 month wait. I was surprised to see that you got it so quick. I called up the dealer here and asked him about the delay in Bangalore and he gave some generic answer which did not make any sense to me. I hope Harley guys get their act together.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hondadude (Post 3246900)
This is the problem in Bangalore. I booked my Superlow in mid August and there is a 3-4 month wait. I was surprised to see that you got it so quick. I called up the dealer here and asked him about the delay in Bangalore and he gave some generic answer which did not make any sense to me. I hope Harley guys get their act together.

May be I will call Delhi, Chennai and Hyd dealers tomorrow and see what their response is. Has anyone tried that?

Bro - 3-4 months wait itself is so painful. imagine 6 months. Even that they say - is not guaranteed. as it could extend beyond that too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3246985)
May be I will call Delhi, Chennai and Hyd dealers tomorrow and see what their response is. Has anyone tried that?

Bro - 3-4 months wait itself is so painful. imagine 6 months. Even that they say - is not guaranteed. as it could extend beyond that too.

Well, the tusker Harley folks in Bangalore told me that dealers in other cities (Delhi etc) won't take our booking because there is some sorta understanding among these dealers. I haven't tried that route so I don't know if they were bluffing. Besides, we would lose 30K if we cancel the booking in Bangalore.

Many Congrats on your Prized Possession and an excellent review of your beautiful Ride.

Dheeraj Sir, any chance of an outsider (other than a Harley owner) joining Meerut Mutineers Motorcycling Club - M3C? I would love to come for the Sunday rides. Please PM me.

Cheers and Ride Safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahul Munjal (Post 3248246)
Many Congrats on your Prized Possession and an excellent review of your beautiful Ride.

Dheeraj Sir, any chance of an outsider (other than a Harley owner) joining Meerut Mutineers Motorcycling Club - M3C? I would love to come for the Sunday rides.

Thanks mate. If you have a worthy bike and passion for it, surely you too can join the M3C. We also have a member with a Ninja ZX14R.
Name:  ForumRunner_20130926_061326.png
Views: 3413
Size:  767.3 KB

Great, I am in then.
Sorry wont be able to make it for this Sun-day as I am going for the Honda Big-Bike trip to Solan, but will certainly join you on the 6th of October.
Please let me know the Rendezvous time and position.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahul Munjal (Post 3249148)
Please let me know the Rendezvous time and position.

As your status is that of a newbie, I can't PM you. What is your bike's make and capacity? Send me your mobile no. and where you live in Meerut by PM so that I can forward your request to our group's admin.

Received my HOG (Harley Owner's Group) Pack from the UK today. Postage said Sweden. Free of cost, of course...
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-hog-pack_1.jpg

Opened up to reveal this well crafted HOG Zip Up Folder Bag
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-hog-pack_2.jpg

contained the Welcome Letter, a beautifully detailed Touring Handbook with 100 pages of detailed maps of Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia, Membership Card, Adventure Guide and most importantly the HOG brass PIN and Embroidered Patch
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-hog-pack_3.jpg

Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-hog-pack_4.jpg

A close up of the patch and the pin
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-hog-pack_5-patch-pin.jpg

The complete HOG experience continues...

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3250459)
[i]Received my HOG (Harley Owner's Group) Pack from the UK today. ..

And every HOG owner gets this I guess? Nice stuff!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3251179)
And every HOG owner gets this I guess?

Yes, the HOG international membership is free for the 1st year with every bike and subsequently chargeable. My Membership Number came automatically from HOG Europe though I had to pursue them further to create a profile and change my address to Meerut. But I have heard some owners not getting this by default (like Bradhey) and they will need to follow up with their CRM (Customer Relationship Manager) at the dealership from where they have bought the HOG.

--------------------

The Butch with THE original Butcher...
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-superlow-fortuner_1.jpg

Another Sunday and time for another ride. This time a 200km one to Gajraula.

Ready, Steady...
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-gajraula-drive-06102013_2.jpg

5 bikers today. Enroute nature break
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-gajraula-drive-06102013_3.jpg

Reached Gajraula. Stopped at Cafe Coffee Day
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-gajraula-drive-06102013_4.jpg

Nice anecdote matching our drives
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-gajraula-drive-06102013_5.jpg

Finally 200km on the trip meter
Harley Davidson Superlow XL883L - The Comprehensive Review-gajraula-drive-06102013_6.jpg

- Not a single bottom scrape anywhere on the trip. Superlow is perfectly livable in Indian conditions.
- Touched 120 with ease.
- Passed a twosum on a Beemer and a Ninja 650. Hellos exchanged.
- Going for the first service on Tuesday to Capital Harley, Delhi and also to get the HSRP fitted.
- FE is between 18-20kmpl.
- Completed 700kms. Zero issues.