Team-BHP - I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/142095-i-just-got-har-leyd-my-iron-883-a-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3318650)
Congrats Shubz. Welcome to the Harley gang!! Wishing you years of happy riding.

I see you seem to have picked up a Jacket and other gear. Details/pricing of all accessories fitted and gear taken would be appreciated. The 2 number plates on the rear somehow spoil the clean rear look. The rear sissy bar is removable, I think. It looks cool and I need that for my bike as my wife is not ready to sit without it.

Wishing you a wonderful time and hope to see you at IBW, Goa and All India HOG ride along with your new ride on 16th-18th Jan.

Thanks Dhiraj! Yes sir, I picked up the half leather Jacket and Matte Black open faced helmet @ INR 18000 and INR 9939 respectively.

Sissy bar is removable. There are two types, 1 - that is bolted. 2 - one thats clip on. I opted for the 2nd option. its very easy, click to unlock, lift and pull type.

I will put up the detailed break up of acc pricing.

Yeah I am also planning to be there for the IBW.

Regarding spoiling the lean look - I think I am perfectly ok with that. To me it looks cool :) (nazar na lage type)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3318634)
Yes, you are so right, the extra thing jutting out is for the actual registration number. Here is the outcome

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3318684)
Regarding spoiling the lean look - I think I am perfectly ok with that. To me it looks cool (nazar na lage type)

Wow, the color looks simply awesome but, pictures still arent good quality, please do share some better quality pics soon.

Is that a custom color? Any additional charges for it? I also like dark blue in Iron.

With regards to the extended registration number plate, it's pretty common in my bullet group and have seen a few classics sporting it so i knew that its for the registration no and I also think it looks cool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3318705)
Wow, the color looks simply awesome but, pictures still arent good quality, please do share some better quality pics soon.

Is that a custom color? Any additional charges for it? I also like dark blue in Iron.

With regards to the extended registration number plate, it's pretty common in my bullet group and have seen a few classics sporting it so i knew that its for the registration no and I also think it looks cool.

Thanks sir and I wish I could address you by a name. :)

Anyway - Apologies for the bad quality pics. it was taken by a friend on a mobile phone.

The color is not custom and hence no extra charges. 2014 models are now coming with these colors (to India) Black Denim and Amber Whiskey. US models have Sand Cammo Denim and Hard Candy Voodoo purple flake in addition to Black and Amber.

Congratz man! You are one lucky fella! :) Happy riding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3318709)
Thanks sir and I wish I could address you by a name. The color is not custom and hence no extra charges. 2014 models are now coming with these colors (to India) Black Denim and Amber Whiskey. US models have Sand Cammo Denim and Hard Candy Voodoo purple flake in addition to Black and Amber.

Oh! nice to know that. I didnt realize they added new color options for the newer models. Great color choice. It will be a chick magnet for sure:D

Btw, please skip the sir routine and feel free to call me "Avinash" or "Avi"

Cheers and Enjoy !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3318749)
Oh! nice to know that. I didnt realize they added new color options for the newer models. Great color choice. It will be a chick magnet for sure:D

Btw, please skip the sir routine and feel free to call me "Avinash" or "Avi"

Cheers and Enjoy !!!

Thanks Avi! :)

chick magnet is fine. This morning it had become a Moron Magnet though at my chai point.

"Modified Bulletaaaa??" comments you know. I just had to say - yes sir modified bullet vonly! lol:

congrats Shubz and all the best! the excitement is very evident in your eyes :)

oh btw, remember - Ma Baker :D

Quote:

Thanks Dhiraj! Yes sir, I picked up the half leather Jacket and Matte Black open faced helmet @ INR 18000 and INR 9939 respectively.

Isn't it day and night robbery :Shockked: . But as long as your are happy ,it does not matter . But still they are very expensive :) .Do update the thread about service costs also .

Quote:

Originally Posted by black12rr (Post 3318828)
Isn't it day and night robbery :Shockked: . But as long as your are happy ,it does not matter . But still they are very expensive :) .Do update the thread about service costs also .

Don't know about night. Day, I sure can corroborate. A price to pay for the Brand I suppose. Thats why they have this in there. :)
I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-poster.jpg

Congrats Shubz!!
Wishing you unlimited happy and safe miles on the bike!

Enjoy!

Quote:

Hey Shubz, what is "half leather"? Is there an online link to this jacket?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hondadude (Post 3318955)
Hey Shubz, what is "half leather"? Is there an online link to this jacket?

Lol! I just called it half leather. Neck Arms and shoulder are made of leather. Body part is mesh. :)

Its called BlackOak Mesh Jacket. It is listed here

I added my own shoulder and elbow inserts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3318959)
Lol! I just called it half leather. Neck Arms and shoulder are made of leather. Body part is mesh. :)

Its called BlackOak Mesh Jacket. It is listed here

I added my own shoulder and elbow inserts.

Thanks Shubz. Did the price of the jacket include the shoulder and elbow inserts? If not did you already have them or bought them along with the jacket. Apologies for all those questions. I will be in similar situation soon :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hondadude (Post 3319206)

Thanks Shubz. Did the price of the jacket include the shoulder and elbow inserts? If not did you already have them or bought them along with the jacket. Apologies for all those questions. I will be in similar situation soon :)

Sure sir. Ask away. Price of the jacket does not include inserts. Am using my own. Don't buy inserts there. Get it elsewhere.

Congrats on your Shiny New Harley.

Wish you many happy miles and smiles.

2 bits about the side mounted plate. The side plate goes well if you remove the stock rear plate. BUT, the rear plate and plastic fender(?) if removed looks bad on the Indian spec bikes. The US spec bikes have ~1in lower rear shocks so it gives it that bobbed look with the fender close to the tire.

I would suggest getting a lower, but better Progressive shocks for the rear so that it improves your ride as well as your look. Better to spend money on your suspension rather than exhausts and such which gives you more sound than anything else practical.

Cheers

Ride Safe