Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2014, 15:40   #406
BANNED

Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
And the definition of subtle is totally mine. It could be different to different people.

I am trying to use some charms to get a screen shot of my AFR setting and other readings from their official system, which I guess is Out of bound for general public.
Ya thats what I said, Loud Sound for one could be very different for some one else.

On AFR Setting- Dont bother, AFR table is Just a Table Which ECU tries to Follow, Not that It suceeds all the Time. Your AFR table screen shot would look like 14.64 written for most part of the map.
You will not land anywhere with Just AFR table screen shot . Although I will be Intrested in HD standard Stage 1 remap AFR as I have downloaded it from some Unreliable source and All I have got is Standard damn map with just Revlimiter higher!
If you could capture Timing +AFR + VE , We could compare it with Stock Tune and see what harley offers in Stage 1

For Correct Fuel Injection , One needs to capture Lambda voltages across the Rev range , that too on load. That is the reason why Dynos are still alive and kicking.

For getting somewhere , you will need to buy both Cable and Software from Harley.
How about you find some one who has bought SEPRT as well, pool in and buy. I am not sure If there software will work on more than one Bike , Cable will.

For Decel pop - A right running motor will not POP at all , No matter what Pipes are on.
In tuner software there is a Function to adjust DECEL enleanment-
Play around with its values 5%+- at a time and I am sure you will eliminate decel pop completely.

Last edited by dustom_99 : 20th May 2014 at 15:46. Reason: Addition
Old 20th May 2014, 15:56   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
Ya thats what I said, Loud Sound for one could be very different for some one else.

On AFR Setting- Dont bother, AFR table is Just a Table Which ECU tries to Follow, Not that It suceeds all the Time. Your AFR table screen shot would look like 14.64 written for most part of the map.

Just the AFR would not be of much help I am sure. As you rightly pointed - it'd just show 14.64 or any other value that is already set.

You will not land anywhere with Just AFR table screen shot . Although I will be Intrested in HD standard Stage 1 remap AFR as I have downloaded it from some Unreliable source and All I have got is Standard damn map with just Revlimiter higher!
If you could capture Timing +AFR + VE , We could compare it with Stock Tune and see what harley offers in Stage 1

This is what I have asked for - The graphs as you'd see with a PV1 or any other piggy back device. Would be great to compare with stock!

For Correct Fuel Injection , One needs to capture Lambda voltages across the Rev range , that too on load. That is the reason why Dynos are still alive and kicking.

Not sure if they can give me this info. Nevertheless, I will put this in my to-ask list - as my bike is now ready for 2nd service (crossing 8k)

For getting somewhere , you will need to buy both Cable and Software from Harley.

Avoiding spending a bomb on something I may use just once. So trying to get the info from HD itself.

How about you find some one who has bought SEPRT as well, pool in and buy. I am not sure If there software will work on more than one Bike , Cable will.

I guess the s/w if mapped to VIN at the time of install and it would not work with multiple bikes. I had asked earlier if we can pool in and buy 1 device (how stupid of me).

Secondly - Not many I know in my group are this inquisitive about internals. Most are into hand grips, bling lights, antenna, foot boards, nightster handle bars, fancy mirrors etc.

For Decel pop - A right running motor will not POP at all , No matter what Pipes are on.
In tuner software there is a Function to adjust DECEL enleanment-
Play around with its values 5%+- at a time and I am sure you will eliminate decel pop completely.
This is an awesome piece of information I could use when I go for my second service. The popping I believe is due to the fact that there is extra fuel cos of the enrichment, that burns (pops) at the exhaust stroke? A little leaning (very little) should decrease or eliminate the pop for sure!
My comments inline. Am glad to have you around Dushyant!
Old 20th May 2014, 16:13   #408
BANNED

That what it looks like on PV
Attached Thumbnails
I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-decel1.jpg  

Old 21st May 2014, 13:28   #409
BHPian

Hello Harley Friends from Bangalore. I need some help. In case you need to get the paint work done to cover few scratches what is the best option outside HD dealer?

Is there any place that can remove some of these through 3M detailing? I am looking at an alternate option to avoid expensive replacement.
Old 21st May 2014, 15:54   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
Hello Harley Friends from Bangalore. I need some help. In case you need to get the paint work done to cover few scratches what is the best option outside HD dealer?

Is there any place that can remove some of these through 3M detailing? I am looking at an alternate option to avoid expensive replacement.
D_H bro,

The paint used on HD parts are of very superior quality and these jugaad paint touch up will only make it look worse unless you have a super-expert of a painter. Not sure who does such a job here in Bangalore. But there are folks out there in Hyderabad who do BUT they are quite expensive!

what is the damage like? if the paint layer is damaged, as in you see the next layer, then either you settle for a decal (cheap and best) or go for exorbitant tank change
Old 22nd May 2014, 11:17   #411
Senior - BHPian

Dushyant,

I have a question for you (which would benefit a lot of people i am sure)

Combo 1 - Screaming Eagles Street Cannons + SE Stage 1 A/C + SE SPRT.

Combo 2 - VnH Twin slash slip on's + SE Stage 1 A/C + SE SPRT

Between the two combo's which one would throw out a better performance.

Performance not in terms of loudness Which I am sure you know I ain't asking for that?

Performance in terms of BHP/Top speed/Power/Torque et al.

Appreciate your time on this!

Cheers,
Shubz
Old 22nd May 2014, 11:52   #412
BANNED

Quote:
Dushyant,

I have a question for you (which would benefit a lot of people i am sure)

Combo 1 - Screaming Eagles Street Cannons + SE Stage 1 A/C + SE SPRT.

Combo 2 - VnH Twin slash slip on's + SE Stage 1 A/C + SE SPRT

Between the two combo's which one would throw out a better performance.

Performance not in terms of loudness Which I am sure you know I ain't asking for that?

Performance in terms of BHP/Top speed/Power/Torque et al.

Appreciate your time on this!

Cheers,
Shubz
hardly any difference - may just a couple of horses in favour of SE mufflers as Generic Stage 1 tunes are for SE parts.
but who knows..

But the way cannon shots sound in a Tunnel / drive way / parking - you will never ask for Horses ever again!
dustom_99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2014, 11:56   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hardly any difference - may just a couple of horses in favour of SE mufflers as Generic Stage 1 tunes are for SE parts.
but who knows..

But the way cannon shots sound in a Tunnel / drive way / parking - you will never ask for Horses ever again!
My buddies here (3 of them on 2014 sportsters) are on SE street cannons and they don't sound any close to their siblings on 2013 and previous models.

all 3 are only with slip on's and haven't got the AC and/or SPRT yet.
Old 22nd May 2014, 12:00   #414
BANNED

Quote:
My buddies here (3 of them on 2014 sportsters) are on SE street cannons and they don't sound any close to their siblings on 2013 and previous models.

I am not aware of changes done for 2014 - may be they have made quiter for road legal use by incorporating a Cat and quiter baffles.

Street cannons are surely glorious on big bore motors of Touring range and over 100CI motors
Old 22nd May 2014, 12:35   #415
BANNED

Quote:

Stock mufflers with Baffle removed pulls harder of them all , that is untill one has 2-1 patriot defender or super trap. But it suffers loss to lower end , which have now been compensated somewhat by richer fuel low to mid rev range.

Few months back while on a sunday ride(when I did not have PV)
, Hog from saharanpur came up to my side , asked me- How come yours is getting away?
He had stage one upgrades and couldnt fathom how stock looking Intake and exhaust was keeping him away on every truck we were overtaking on narrow two lane highway.
I just pulled my shoulders to my head as if i have no idea , and smiled inside!

Now with PV -its good to be alongside a stock 48 for quite a while on hard pulls!

Dont Gossip ( on sunday rides I run 12.4
Old 22nd May 2014, 13:40   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dont Gossip ( on sunday rides I run 12.4
Isn't 12.4 Super rich mixture? and 14.whatever is lean? Or is it the other way around?
Old 22nd May 2014, 13:46   #417
BANNED

Quote:

Isn't 12.4 Super rich mixture? and 14.whatever is lean? Or is it the other way around?
I went for mid 12 because acceleration enrichment takes it to mid and low 11 although for a shorter time. If 11.x is for prime acc according to hd , 12.5 or so is good for both fronts.
Old 22nd May 2014, 14:28   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I went for mid 12 because acceleration enrichment takes it to mid and low 11 although for a shorter time. If 11.x is for prime acc according to hd , 12.5 or so is good for both fronts.
My take was,

15.0:1 = Lean 14.7:1 = Optimal 13.0:1 = Rich

12.4 is super rich! Does this induce smoke?
Old 22nd May 2014, 14:48   #419
BANNED

Quote:
My take was,

15.0:1 = Lean 14.7:1 = Optimal 13.0:1 = Rich

12.4 is super rich! Does this induce smoke?
15:1 is killer lean, specially if one rides fast and puts engine on load in hot weather.
14.6 - optimal only for economy but lean and poor performance in hot conditions.
13.2-13.8 - balance
12.8- best torque
12.5 - best HP out of 883 in Hot climate.
as Airfilter is located very near to both cylinders , IAT registers intake temp as high as 150*c
there is lot of charge dilution , 12.x keeps engine cool and charge cool .

11.x which is on standard map under acc enrichment acts for few seconds is basically cooling charge quickly because of very fast vaporization of petrol and there by absorbing latent heat of vaporization .

It cool charge and provides about 12.x at actual ignition.

There is actually a lot to be learned about to Fuel injection then experts think they do!

Its one thing to punch these sort of values on your AFR table but quite another to make that table work for you!

No visible smoke on 12.5 when the bike is in operating temp , cold motor gives some visible smoke. if you manually put bike in 11.x then it coughs every twist of throttle and feels like struggling all the time and suffers starting trouble and throws soot out of every hole as if she is a miners mistress!

Last edited by dustom_99 : 22nd May 2014 at 15:16.
Old 22nd May 2014, 15:35   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
15:1 is killer lean, specially if one rides fast and puts engine on load in hot weather.
14.6 - optimal only for economy but lean and poor performance in hot conditions.
13.2-13.8 - balance
12.8- best torque
12.5 - best HP out of 883 in Hot climate.!
So the next obvious question - Can I get mine down to the 13's using the SPRT?

Last edited by n_aditya : 3rd June 2014 at 12:54. Reason: quoted post shortened for better readability on mobile devices

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks