Team-BHP - I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/142095-i-just-got-har-leyd-my-iron-883-a-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3252335)
Doc - you are so right! for something that is priced so high (at least from the news rounds) - i thought I'd rather have something that is niche.

:)

Now you just need to put on maybe 20-30 more kilos, and get a few strategically located tattoos and you're set. :)

But seriously, the Triumphs have as much heritage and brand snob cred as the Harleys do.

And seeing the increasing number of Harleys I see on the roads today, I actually think the Triumphs would be more niche in the foreseable future.

If and when they come (this is becoming the mandatory standard disclaimer).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonho (Post 3252342)
Now you just need to put on maybe 20-30 more kilos, and get a few strategically located tattoos and you're set. :)

But seriously, the Triumphs have as much heritage and brand snob cred as the Harleys do.

And seeing the increasing number of Harleys I see on the roads today, I actually think the Triumphs would be more niche in the foreseable future.

If and when they come (this is becoming the mandatory standard disclaimer).

20-30 kilos more - don't think that's possible. I've tried it in the past and still trying (more protien intake now and more exercising too)

since 20/30 kilos may not happen, don't want to embarrass myself going to a body artist seeking a tattoo (he/she might say - the only place I can tattoo - you may not be able to display it to anyone in public) :Shockked:

regarding heritage value - I have no doubt about Triumphs value. Harleys have been here for a few years now and it still is not very common to see them around.

and I wasn't talking just from how many Harleys on the road either. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3248676)
Aditya - - This link gives you the different colors for the 2014 models http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...-883.html#!pnw

Whoa, those colors are fabulous. I loved the Hard Candy Voodoo Purple Flake and the Amber Whiskey.

The Purple Flake looks loud and/or somewhat feminine. In the flesh, I wonder how it would look.

Black Denim texture looks good. The sand one resembles the desert storm bullet :D

So when is the due date? lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 3252948)

Whoa, those colors are fabulous. I loved the Hard Candy Voodoo Purple Flake and the Amber Whiskey.

The Purple Flake looks loud and/or somewhat feminine. In the flesh, I wonder how it would look.

Black Denim texture looks good. The sand one resembles the desert storm bullet :D

So when is the due date? lol:

No Adi, the Sand Cammo and the desert storm color are totally different. Black denim texture is good. Loved the Amber whisky too. But I guess that and purple may not see India.

Due date?? Not very far off. Just 5 months n 3 weeks away. :-P

Congratulations Shubji, all the very best for your HD. So would be selling off the Duke and stick to HD alone or keeping both?

Sand Cammo looks very good on the HD, agreed it is completely different form Desert Storm Color and appears more subdued than DS.

Why dont you try to cycle to work to gain some weight? A colleague of mine was grossly underweight and over the last 4 months he has gained 6 kilos. Logic being that he tends to eat more since his appetite has increased.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku69rd (Post 3261373)
Congratulations Shubji, all the very best for your HD. So would be selling off the Duke and stick to HD alone or keeping both?

Sand Cammo looks very good on the HD, agreed it is completely different form Desert Storm Color and appears more subdued than DS.

Why dont you try to cycle to work to gain some weight? A colleague of mine was grossly underweight and over the last 4 months he has gained 6 kilos. Logic being that he tends to eat more since his appetite has increased.

Thanks Mahesh!!

No selling the Duke. I need that to scoot around on the tracks etc.

Sand cammo and amber Whiskey are on the radar. But then I will have to go for chrome slip on's or full systems. The advantage of Black denim is I can go for black slip-on's or V&H full system.

If I cycle to work (BSK - Manyata) - you will probably see a Harley with an invisible rider.

Gaining weight is not in my genes unfortunately. BUT - I am into excercising and a change in diet too as I am getting some help on the diet front.

And to top it - I didn't feel that Iron was steering me and I was only following it (on the test ride) - I did find it pretty comfortable.

Are Harley riders supposed to be big? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3262197)
Hey Sammyboy! good to hear from you after a long time! Thanks for your wishes bro. For now the wait is just killing! Particularly when Dheeraj bhai said the 2014 models are "few months" away! :Frustrati :)

Haha, yeah man been a while. Long hours at work, rains and preferring to spend whatever time i have left with my son has kept me away from riding.

I can imagine how crazy the wait would be bro, I was fortunate enough to get my bike in 5 days as they had some extra pieces and that itself was enough to drive me nuts. Cant imagine waiting this long.
But as they say, the fruits of patience are sweet. :)
Hang in there buddy :thumbs up and you will have your share of goosebumps the day you see your Harley.

Sad that triumph missed an opportunity here though.

Taking this conversation to your thread as its more appropriate there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboy (Post 3262207)
Haha, yeah man been a while. Long hours at work, rains and preferring to spend whatever time i have left with my son has kept me away from riding.

I can imagine how crazy the wait would be bro, I was fortunate enough to get my bike in 5 days as they had some extra pieces and that itself was enough to drive me nuts. Cant imagine waiting this long.
But as they say, the fruits of patience are sweet. :)
Hang in there buddy :thumbs up and you will have your share of goosebumps the day you see your Harley.

Sad that triumph missed an opportunity here though.

Taking this conversation to your thread as its more appropriate there.

Oh yea! Better to stay on my thread for my issues :)

Yeah even I am sad that I couldn't hold on to the Triumph dream for longer than this. May be if I had not visited Tusker Harley on that "lovingly" fateful day - I'd still have been on the Triumph page.

What are you riding now, sammy? still the Ninja?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3262240)
Oh yea! Better to stay on my thread for my issues :)

Yeah even I am sad that I couldn't hold on to the Triumph dream for longer than this. May be if I had not visited Tusker Harley on that "lovingly" fateful day - I'd still have been on the Triumph page.

What are you riding now, sammy? still the Ninja?

Haha yeah fate always has some hidden cards ;) . Great choice though, I am sure you will enjoy it.
Yeah man, still have the Ninja cant say I am riding it though :Frustrati . Have been seriously contemplating using it to commute to office once in a week (fridays), might start tomorrow if the weather permits .

Sold of the Apache to a colleague, was just sitting pretty and not being used at all. 3500 kms in over 4 years was what it had done when i let it go.

Must watch for you Shubz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRUS-...e_gdata_player

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3265403)
Must watch for you Shubz

After all the flak I've drawn for dumping the Triumph and taking up HD - This is such a welcome video!

Thanks Dheeraj!! :)

Congrats Shubz, so Triumph lost one potential customer, I still have some hopes with them, till then living my RD's and building them.

Exactly 30 days ago, I tipped over and booked the Iron. Gosh!!! it seems like its 30 months!!! and I need to go through this agony 5 times over! :Frustrati

Interestingly - my friend here (speedy) gave me some information.

In Mumbai, Iron waiting period is 4 months for the Black Matt and 2 months for the Orange (I am not sure if it is the Candy Orange or the Whiskey Amber)

2014 models don't come in Candy Orange so it must be the WA.

I check with Tusker folks, they say they are unaware of any such availability and still stand by their "6 mo waiting period for Iron"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3274647)

I check with Tusker folks, they say they are unaware of any such availability and still stand by their "6 mo waiting period for Iron"

Sir,
If all willing upgrade to the 48 and you should be able to get the bike much quicker. Bangalore does seem to have a longer wait time for Super Low and 883. Appears that the wait time seems to be same when I was in the market 2 years ago for a big one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku69rd (Post 3274850)
Sir,
If all willing upgrade to the 48 and you should be able to get the bike much quicker. Bangalore does seem to have a longer wait time for Super Low and 883. Appears that the wait time seems to be same when I was in the market 2 years ago for a big one.

Couple of things unwilling.

1) additional 2 Lakhs of Indian rupees.
2) 7.5 L fuel tank!