Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2014, 16:16   #541

Thanks Fullrev. These are mini apes from Harley only. Thanks Abhimanyu it's actually very comfortable. The only mistake I made was the handgrips. These are not as sleek as most of the available options and therefore the grip is a bit of bulk.
Thanks mobilke008. The seats are actually very comfortable perhaps ten times better if not more than the stock seats.
Shubz I remembered you telling me this so I was also contious about this but believe you me they are not at all stressfull in complete jam as well. And yes cable extensions were installed for all the cables.
Old 11th September 2014, 19:17   #542
BHPian

Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by see India View Post
Thanks Fullrev. These are mini apes from Harley only. Thanks Abhimanyu it's actually very comfortable.
Shubz I remembered you telling me this so I was also contious about this but believe you me they are not at all stressfull in complete jam as well.
Great! This goes from my wishlist to todo list. How much did it cost you, including installation and cable extensions?
Old 12th September 2014, 10:54   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Great! This goes from my wishlist to todo list. How much did it cost you, including installation and cable extensions?
I personally feel superlow stock handle bars are quite comfy and enough.
Old 12th September 2014, 13:22   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
I personally feel superlow stock handle bars are quite comfy and enough.
You are right Shubz, they definately are, however due to my back condition I am looking for a stance where my back is straight and not at all leaning forward. I'll also get this done later based on my back's feel and not at the time of delivery.
Old 12th September 2014, 13:58   #545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
You are right Shubz, they definately are, however due to my back condition I am looking for a stance where my back is straight and not at all leaning forward. I'll also get this done later based on my back's feel and not at the time of delivery.
Yeah, Thats good thinking. It is very tempting to go for stuff that folks have gone in for. They are amazing. BUT -- it is always better to run/use the bike stock for a while, to get to know the bike better and then plan upgrades/mods accordingly
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 08:37   #546
BHPian

Shubz..need your help again mate. I went for my second service on a weekend and to my horror was told that my clutch plate was burnt and needs to be replaced. I have always ensured that i do not ride with half cluth even in traffic conditions. So i presume that this must have happend due to play in the clutch settings. Its going to cost me 27k. The bike has only done 4k in 7 months. Its really very disappointing that despite of taking so many precautions i have to face this issue. How do we check if the clutch has a play ?? Has any one else you know came across this issue ?? I have also been told by some Mumbai HD mates that i dont need to replace it and can get it fixed with some ex HD mechanic which i think is too risky.

I am also getting vnh twin slash 3" and a new handlebar fitted on my bike so alltogether its gonna be a big damage to my wallet.
Old 15th September 2014, 11:03   #547
BHPian

Came across the below article on web - Is there anyway i can check if my clutch was part of the defective lot.

http://www.hdofchestersprings.com/ne...le.asp?id=4149
Old 15th September 2014, 13:36   #548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishekjp View Post
Shubz..need your help again mate. I went for my second service on a weekend and to my horror was told that my clutch plate was burnt and needs to be replaced. I have always ensured that i do not ride with half cluth even in traffic conditions. So i presume that this must have happend due to play in the clutch settings. Its going to cost me 27k. The bike has only done 4k in 7 months. Its really very disappointing that despite of taking so many precautions i have to face this issue. How do we check if the clutch has a play ?? Has any one else you know came across this issue ?? I have also been told by some Mumbai HD mates that i dont need to replace it and can get it fixed with some ex HD mechanic which i think is too risky.

I am also getting vnh twin slash 3" and a new handlebar fitted on my bike so alltogether its gonna be a big damage to my wallet.
Quote:
Came across the below article on web - Is there anyway i can check if my clutch was part of the defective lot.

http://www.hdofchestersprings.com/ne...le.asp?id=4149
I can empathize with you on the clutch issue. Tell me, did you at any point of time felt these,

1) Unable to slow down - as in clutch stuck.
2) Could not go beyond a certain speed - say - 40 kmph on any gear?

If yes to any or both of the above, it'd make sense to show this article to HD, make enough noise about it.

Having said that - many many buddies of mine, when they got the Iron, newly, ran into this issue. Mainly cos, two fingers on the clutch even on long straights, there are pressure sensors all over the place (it seems) - which can actually do a "half clutch" kind of scenario without you actually realizing that. Some have had a fried clutch immediately on delivery as in - taking delivery, riding home - bike stuck - engine running, but cannot engage gears.

Some have encountered this and admitted to have had the two fingers on the lever.

Regarding checking play - its pretty simple - Just hold the clutch cable and pull it outwardly near the lever - you will see/feel about 5 mm of play. The mechanic can do it for you in front of you.
Old 15th September 2014, 14:07   #549
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Came across the below article on web - Is there anyway i can check if my clutch was part of the defective lot
Send mail to

'rideindia@harley-davidson.com'

normally they are prompt in replies and can help you on this . I don't think they publish VIN numbers of affected bikes.

Given the fact that this is only 7 month old bike they should help you even if it's not among the affected bikes ,
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 19:17   #550
BHPian

Mate

I dint really face any of those issues while riding. Though i did found the clutch to be hard to operate in last few weeks. And with regards to the technic i am used to operate the clutch with three fingures as it offered a better control over the handle. But i always ensured that clutch was properly used. Do you operate the clutch using four fingures ?? If thats the correct practice i better adopt that technic asap even though damage is already done.

Thanks mate for your inputs. Cheers
Shek
Old 16th September 2014, 00:41   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mate

I dint really face any of those issues while riding. Though i did found the clutch to be hard to operate in last few weeks. And with regards to the technic i am used to operate the clutch with three fingures as it offered a better control over the handle. But i always ensured that clutch was properly used. Do you operate the clutch using four fingures ?? If thats the correct practice i better adopt that technic asap even though damage is already done.

Thanks mate for your inputs. Cheers
Shek
Shek,

I remember composing a reply but never got to send it I guess. Nevertheless I am typing it all again,

Its not about the 3 or 4 finger operation. The moment I get on to top gear, my fingers curl around the handlebar, both sides. Usually people have a tendency to keep 2/3 fingers on the lever on both sides. I believe there are tonnes of sensors which kinda actuate stuff. So try adopting this technic

and for others who are obsessed with numbers like I am -- Here is the magic 12345!
I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-imag1371_1.jpg
Old 16th September 2014, 10:55   #552
Senior - BHPian

Shubz tell me I'm not an LSD trip man and you don't actually have red horns growing out of your helmet.

Last edited by ebonho : 16th September 2014 at 11:01.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 11:24   #553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Shubz tell me I'm not an LSD trip man and you don't actually have red horns growing out of your helmet.
Not when I saw him last. Good photo though ! But for a HOG nothing is impossible or improbable

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 12:18   #554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Haha, Unfortunately You are not on an LSD trip! Secondly yes, I do have horns growing out of my helmet!

I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-horns.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Not when I saw him last. Good photo though ! But for a HOG nothing is impossible or improbable
Ram sir - That says you got be in Bangalore more often and give me an opportunity of riding with you often!
Shubz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 12:42   #555
Senior - BHPian

Two questions:

1) Those spikes, are they stuck on or screwed in?

2) How much did the Dainese jacket cost?

Actually there is a 3rd question as well addendum:

3) Do the horns grow bigger (like Hellboy) when you're feeling particularly nasty?
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks