Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2014, 19:51   #601
BHPian

Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Thanks @Shubz and @Dust_Harl for supportive words.

Now I am looking at few of the initial and must have accessories. I have decided on two - a pillion seat and a pair of footpegs for the rear. Rest will have to wait. @Shubz had suggested a 4" pegs - enquired with the Tusker people but they were not sure. Sir can you give me part number or similar.
Old 20th October 2014, 18:48   #602
BHPian

Finally Finally & Finally got a call from my showroom yesterday saying out of the 2 bikes in transit a silver or a denim black can be allotted to me. They asked if I could come over and check the colors and give them my decision. I went and checked to first know if an Amber whiskey is available by any chance and got no for an answer. Hence confirmed on the Denim black. They'll give it to me by 1st week Nov.

Shubz and or Seniors please suggest of you know of a list of things to keep in mind while getting the delivery?
Attached Thumbnails
I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-1413811124359.jpg  

Old 20th October 2014, 23:35   #603
BHPian

I too am waiting eagerly for the replies. In the same boat as yours Vista.

Ride is a bit different though
Old 21st October 2014, 10:55   #604
Senior - BHPian

That silver Harley looks very classy Vista. Kind of vintage.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2014, 13:28   #605
BHPian

@SD Ram - Good luck and grand wishes for your ride. I just made a last attempt calling the HD India to request wether Amber Whiskey Iron can be arranged. They are trying. So having some hopes else going for Denim Black !!!

@ebonho - Truly the silver looks vintage. I saw it in closed hall. I'm sure out in the open it would look special. Iron I believe looks best in Amber whiskey per Indian roads..
Old 21st October 2014, 15:07   #606
BHPian

Best of Luck @Vista on your Amber Whisky Iron.
Are you not going for the silver colored one? I feel some chrome will look very good on Iron.
Old 21st October 2014, 20:06   #607
BHPian

Thank you SD Ram. I always wanted the Denim Black but got attracted to the Amber one when saw it in real. Silver is good but my personal thought after looking at it is that it doesn't go well with the HD chrome. The silver goes dull behind the chrome giving it an odd look. The first thing came to my mind looking at it was- How old is this bike? Hence the thought...but just my thought.... Amber stands out and your eyes pick it from far..
Old 22nd October 2014, 12:09   #608
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the late reply, but let me put in my views. Disclaimer: These views are purely mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRam View Post
Thanks @Shubz and @Dust_Harl for supportive words.

@Shubz had suggested a 4" pegs - enquired with the Tusker people but they were not sure. Sir can you give me part number or similar.
What the hell! They can't even recall a 4" inch rear foot peg? Refer them to 2 things.

1) Rear foot peg that Shubz has
2) Part Number 50500124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
Hence confirmed on the Denim black. They'll give it to me by 1st week Nov.

Shubz and or Seniors please suggest of you know of a list of things to keep in mind while getting the delivery?
Congrats Vista! The things to keep in mind while taking delivery, listen VERY carefully to instructions! They will give you a full tank of fuel, collect the documents, the bag, the patch, tool kit etc. Ask them all that comes to your mind. Do not think they'd think you asking a stupid question. No question is stupid but its stupid not to question.

Quote:
@SD Ram - Good luck and grand wishes for your ride. I just made a last attempt calling the HD India to request wether Amber Whiskey Iron can be arranged. They are trying. So having some hopes else going for Denim Black !!!

@ebonho - Truly the silver looks vintage. I saw it in closed hall. I'm sure out in the open it would look special. Iron I believe looks best in Amber whiskey per Indian roads..
Silver looks good under lights, but I am not sure if it'd stand out when out in sunlight. The chrome MAY fade out the silver, making it look "vintage" :-)

Quote:
Best of Luck @Vista on your Amber Whisky Iron.
Are you not going for the silver colored one? I feel some chrome will look very good on Iron.
Ram sir - Silver is new, Denim black has always been there. I personally didn't quite like the silver. Sand Cammo is quite impressive too.

Quote:
...but just my thought.... Amber stands out and your eyes pick it from far..
my thought too! ;-)

Having said all of that, I completed 14000 kms on the ODO on our ride last Sunday!

I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-14k.jpg
I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-more1.jpg
I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-more2.jpg
I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-more3.jpg

Awesome team I ride with! #LLB

Last edited by Shubz : 22nd October 2014 at 12:39.
Shubz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 13:37   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
What the hell! They can't even recall a 4" inch rear foot peg? Refer them to 2 things.

1) Rear foot peg that Shubz has
2) Part Number 50500124
Thanks Shubz Ji. This might help them recollect.

Quote:
Silver looks good under lights, but I am not sure if it'd stand out when out in sunlight. The chrome MAY fade out the silver, making it look "vintage" :-)

Ram sir - Silver is new, Denim black has always been there. I personally didn't quite like the silver. Sand Cammo is quite impressive too.
I had seen a black Iron with blacked pipes. Actually it was one of my student's ride. Somehow did not appeal to me.

Amber Whisky it is for Iron. Excellent Pic of your bike.
Beautiful color + optimal use of chrome with Blacked out features = Just Drool !!
I think you will have to get a puja done to your bike every week after a ride to remove all evil eyes !!
SDRam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2014, 13:40   #610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Shubz Ji. This might help them recollect.

I had seen a black Iron with blacked pipes. Actually it was one of my student's ride. Somehow did not appeal to me.

Amber Whisky it is for Iron. Excellent Pic of your bike.
Beautiful color + optimal use of chrome with Blacked out features = Just Drool !!
I think you will have to get a puja done to your bike every week after a ride to remove all evil eyes !!
Yes sir. I chose my chrome after a lot of consideration! Even the Chrome lines on the handle bar grips came on recently. I love the balanced look of the bike in its present combination. We should meet once you got your bike, you can have a better perpective of my AW! and Also meet a bunch of our buddies who ride/meet/party often! #LLB

PS: Pm me your number if you have any questions/concerns.
Cheers
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 11:18   #611
BHPian

The day is here ! My denim black iron is landing at the showroom today. Hurraaay !!! I never waited for any of my exam results so impatiently. The sales guy will let me know and I'll go click a few pics.in the stalk state. I've confirmed on the following PNA:
1. Super Reduced Solo Seat
2. Rear mirrors with indicator lights.
3. Rear Fender Bib
4. Mustang Chrome engine guard.

I'll add a 3/4th Helmet and boots. My ride should be ready in next 2 weeks with PNA done. I've requested a Reg no of my choice. Lets see what the RTO says
Vista is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 12:56   #612
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The day is here ! My denim black iron is landing at the showroom today. Hurraaay !!! I never waited for any of my exam results so impatiently. The sales guy will let me know and I'll go click a few pics.in the stalk state. I've confirmed on the following PNA:
1. Super Reduced Solo Seat
2. Rear mirrors with indicator lights.
3. Rear Fender Bib
4. Mustang Chrome engine guard.

I'll add a 3/4th Helmet and boots. My ride should be ready in next 2 weeks with PNA done. I've requested a Reg no of my choice. Lets see what the RTO says
Congratulations Bro! Welcome to the family! Wish you tonnes of miles on this beautiful machine

Add a Full faced helmet to your list along with a good jacket/ riding pants/gloves

#LLB
Old 5th November 2014, 11:08   #613
BHPian

Thank You Shubz. I sure will.

I'm being told an expense of about 1.7K for RSA and 7K for HOG membership annually with first year free. While RSA is fine should I consider HOG membership renewal after 1st year. A dumb question! But I think let me ask.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 6th November 2014 at 08:35.
Vista is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 12:40   #614
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm being told an expense of about 1.7K for RSA and 7K for HOG membership annually with first year free. While RSA is fine should I consider HOG membership renewal after 1st year. A dumb question! But I think let me ask.
Not a dumb question at all!

1685 is the annual fee for RSA after year 1 (1st year its free)
7k+ is the INTERNATIONAL HOG membership fee (1st year its free)
National HOG membership fee is 2300/- after 1st year of free membership (which in my honest opinion is a total waste).

It entitles you to
1) Vote when there are Officers elections.
2) Gets you discounts at some outlets/facilities/stores
3) Gets you discount on Harley Merchandise that you buy locally

My counter to that,

1) - How badly do you want to vote at those elections? (which are usually rigged)
2) How often would you flash your card for a measly discount and then you will have to almost beg them to give you that discount.
3) How often would you buy Harley merchandise (after 1 year of owning one)?

Rest is up to individuals. These are purely my own opinions!

#LLB
Shubz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 14:51   #615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My counter to that
What about the rides Shubz? Will not being a member of a local chapter after one year effect on going with rides with them? Or to the 4 national HOG rides? Even I have not renewed my 2nd year local chapter membership till jow and was just worried about the national rides because as it is I don't ride with them at Delhi as we have a separate club here at Meerut.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks