Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2014, 15:49   #616
Senior - BHPian

Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
What about the rides Shubz? Will not being a member of a local chapter after one year effect on going with rides with them? Or to the 4 national HOG rides? Even I have not renewed my 2nd year local chapter membership till jow and was just worried about the national rides because as it is I don't ride with them at Delhi as we have a separate club here at Meerut.
What about the rides Dhiraj? I don't think that will be affected. AFAIK. On HOG rides I have seen many folks who've had bikes for longer than 1 year have joined by paying up whatever the Chapter announces. But can check
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 19:26   #617
BHPian

So, the day for me has also arrived...finally. I am flying this monday to Delhi to receive my vivid black 2015 superlow. Cant wait to get my hands on her Riding gear is on my mind now, not an online friendly person when it comes to apparel and similars which needs a physical tryout. Any suggestion guys?
abhimanyu_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 19:44   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
So, the day for me has also arrived...finally. I am flying this monday to Delhi to receive my vivid black 2015 superlow. Cant wait to get my hands on her Riding gear is on my mind now, not an online friendly person when it comes to apparel and similars which needs a physical tryout. Any suggestion guys?
Congratulations Abhimanyu Singh. I guess your long wait is finally getting over. I saw one of the 2015 superlow black at the showroom here in Bangalore and looks awesome with the new paint scheme on the tank.

Yup. invest in a good riding gear and do try them out before you purchase. Jacket and riding pants are very tricky and you need to try out quiet a few to see what fits you.

Ride safe and Ride hard. And do practice all gear at all time to be safe.

#LLB
Dust_Harl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 21:38   #619
BHPian

Abhimanyu !!! Congratulations. We are getting Har-Ley'd! At the same time. I wish you utmost happy times with your new ride. On the apparel to begin with I've stuck to the Harley brand itself. Took the jacket n gloves in Aug when their annual sale was on. Got 30% discount. As Shubz posted on my query earlier. Jacket, Gloves, Boots, Riding Pants would be bare minimum to start with.
Vista is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 21:46   #620
BHPian

I gotta say, that's a gorgeous color. Very, very unique.

I have little to no knowledge about motorcycles, but hot-diggity-dang if that ain't a looker. Good job!
Old 5th November 2014, 22:22   #621
BHPian

Congrats @abhimanyu_singh.
Do take time to do a thorough PDI of the vehicle before taking delivery. PM the senior riders for finer points/details. Though you can find one on cars in this forum - just adapt few points to the bike.
I had a chance but not done it in good light. But don't worry usually you don't have any glitches.
Cheers.

@Shubz and @Dust_Harl, thanks for your advice.
Sorry guys for not posting the photos of the new ride yet. Little bit busy.
Also in-between during free time visiting the stores for the riding gears.
Will post details soon.

And hey, I took the bike yesterday for about 10 kms ride - City traffic does not help. Felt good though.

Last edited by mobike008 : 11th November 2014 at 17:03. Reason: Merging posts
SDRam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2014, 11:38   #622
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Abhimanyu! We told you! You wouldn't have to wait all of the waiting period!

Ram sir: These bikes are not meant for city use! 1) too much attention. 2) too much heat in stop go traffic!

Nevertheless - Big hearty congratulations to both of you and Welcome to the Harley Family!

#LLB
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 12:25   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
Congratulations Abhimanyu Singh. I guess your long wait is finally getting over. I saw one of the 2015 superlow black at the showroom here in Bangalore and looks awesome with the new paint scheme on the tank.

Yup. invest in a good riding gear and do try them out before you purchase. Jacket and riding pants are very tricky and you need to try out quiet a few to see what fits you.

Ride safe and Ride hard. And do practice all gear at all time to be safe.

#LLB
Thanks man, will definately get good gear and ride safe. Bangalore is on my radar as well, hope to ride with you, Shubz, Ram, Srijith and other fellow Tbhp brothers some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
Abhimanyu !!! Congratulations. We are getting Har-Ley'd! At the same time. I wish you utmost happy times with your new ride. On the apparel to begin with I've stuck to the Harley brand itself.
Thanks bro, will definately try out HD gear as well. However I'm a little inclined to try out all possible options before buying one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRam View Post
Congrats @abhimanyu_singh.
Do take time to do a thorough PDI of the vehicle before taking delivery. PM the senior riders for finer points/details. Though you can find one on cars in this forum - just adapt few points to the bike.
I had a chance but not done it in good light. But don't worry usually you don't have any glitches.
Cheers.
Thanks Bro, I will definately keep that in mind. I think for the benefit of users like us and future users, veteran HD owners like Shubz and Dheeraj sir could mention a few "must look out for" pointers. It'll be great to have it here. BTW any specific thing that you missed out while inspecting your vehicle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Congrats Abhimanyu! We told you! You wouldn't have to wait all of the waiting period!

Nevertheless - Big hearty congratulations to both of you and Welcome to the Harley Family!

#LLB
Yes Sir, you did!! and thanks for all the support online and offline I'm just dying to get it. Looking forward to the fun times ahead.
abhimanyu_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 15:52   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
These bikes are not meant for city use! 1) too much attention. 2) too much heat in stop go traffic!

#LLB
Thanks Shubz.
Superlow can be deceiving - may appear like a modified bullet so may not attract that much of unwanted attention as your AW Iron. Really love that color on the bike.

Meanwhile as i told earlier, Took my superlow for a ride - some 10 kms and odd.
An early morning ride - with wind on the face - after a very very long time. Felt good. Reminded me of the time 25 yrs back when I first rode my RTZ - difference was that the roads then were almost empty at that time of the day (6.30 in the morn) Now there was 30-40% of the normal traffic

The bottom scrapped at a small road hump. Twice
Made me repeat SUPER LOW is really LOW many times over
But one good thing is that most of the humps are now better designed.

I am looking at all the gear for riding. Will be posting all the details, my experiences with the shops and shopkeepers, etc. and also of the new 2015 superlow with photos
But I don't want to post here since this is a fine thread for irons basically!

Should I open a new topic/thread or what - kindly suggest.

Last edited by SDRam : 7th November 2014 at 15:55.
SDRam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 15:56   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Shubz.
Superlow can be deceiving - may appear like a modified bullet so may not attract that much of unwanted attention as your AW Iron. Really love that color on the bike.
Please put up an ownership thread! I'd love to hear your long term views of the bike.

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th November 2014 at 16:34. Reason: Please dont quote an entire long post for a one line reply
Old 11th November 2014, 14:18   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Shubz.

Meanwhile as i told earlier, Took my superlow for a ride - some 10 kms and odd.
Congratulations SDRam!
May i ask when you booked your Superlow? The lead time they mention varies from 6 months to 8 months !

Thanks!
Old 11th November 2014, 14:54   #627
Senior - BHPian

Tumkur Run 09112014

Hi Shubz,

Thanks for including me in run last Sunday. Thought the trucks were a spoilsport, I enjoyed the run as my right hand was buzy.

Please thank you HD mates for the company. Sorry couldn't carry on as, I had to be with the family as it was our anniversary (28th).

Return was fun as well tailing the KTM and a special thanks to him for the route to by pass that lousy railway gate

AW looked to be in good nick.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 11th November 2014, 15:43   #628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The bottom scrapped at a small road hump. Twice
Congrats SDRam. May I suggest you put the rear springs to the stiffest (highest) settings. They come at the softest (lowest) settings by default from the factory. That should increase the ground clearance just enough so as to not scrape at all the road bumps. Though you will need to be careful at the bigger bumps. Gradually this is a quirk of the bike that you will make peace with and alter your riding style over bumps for it. I hope the torque must be blowing you over coming from the smaller bikes. Kindly break-in the bike properly and do not exceed speed limits for now. Do also open a new thread so that we can enjoy your ownership experience.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 15:59   #629
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tumkur Run 09112014

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Hi Shubz,

Thanks for including me in run last Sunday. Thought the trucks were a spoilsport, I enjoyed the run as my right hand was buzy.

Please thank you HD mates for the company. Sorry couldn't carry on as, I had to be with the family as it was our anniversary (28th).

Return was fun as well tailing the KTM and a special thanks to him for the route to by pass that lousy railway gate

AW looked to be in good nick.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Ram sir - It was a pleasure having you around albeit for a short while. Wish you did more of such rides (longer ).

AW is in good shape. did have my share of niggles with the sensors malfunctioning and tune mismatch (had to literally get the whole remap re-done)

My only niggle now is the brake light actuator which kinda jams and keeps the brake light on. and its a minor niggle.

Else - Engine runs like a charm!

#LLB
Old 11th November 2014, 17:00   #630
BHPian

Re: Tumkur Run 09112014

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Hi Shubz,

Ram
Ram sir, thank you for joining us this Sunday. It was a pleasure riding with you. Looking forward to ride along more and do please join us whenever you can sir.

#LLB
Dust_Harl is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks