Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2014, 16:31   #661
Senior - BHPian

Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhalDrogo View Post
Browsing a few online forums, I saw that the 2014 Iron came with better brakes, optional ABS, tachometer, gear indicator, closed loop efi and a new electrical harness. Hence the price increase over 2013 models. Is it the same in India?
Not to my knowledge. Wish they ( actually all companies) gave ABS as option atleast. I would have opted if they I had to wait.

And think Abhimanyu said his got gear indicator?

Yup, quoting it.
Quote:

2015 model updates

2015 Superlow had a couple of updated features when it comes to the previous model. Apart from the new and improved paint job, Hazard light switch and trip meter has been added to the handle bar controls, which makes so much sense as its so easy to toggle display while riding compared to previous Superlows. For me the gear rpm indicator is really really useful as i'm not really used to the gears and rpm of the ride.

Last edited by jkdas : 6th December 2014 at 16:33.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2014, 07:01   #662
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Just crossed another milestone over the weekend

"Knock on wood" Working like a charm so far!
Ride On!!

Glad your Iron has been good to you.

Guessing you should be coming up on replacing tires soon.

If you are, may I suggest you take the opportunity when your wheel is out to replace your stock wheel bearings with these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/All-Balls-Wh...be1fbe&vxp=mtr

A cheap and very effective mod.

Cheers

Ride Safe.
gthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2014, 11:08   #663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
Ride On!!

Glad your Iron has been good to you.

Guessing you should be coming up on replacing tires soon.

If you are, may I suggest you take the opportunity when your wheel is out to replace your stock wheel bearings with these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/All-Balls-Wh...be1fbe&vxp=mtr

A cheap and very effective mod.

Cheers

Ride Safe.
Thanks sir!

Tires seems good to go for another couple of thousand Kms more!
Need to replace fork oil with something better (or upgrade front suspension to the roadster one)

Talking of wheel bearings - If I were to change them to the one's mentioned in the link - the HD stealers would freak out I am sure and threaten warranty void issues?
Old 15th December 2014, 13:43   #664
BHPian

Hi shubz, Saw your bike yesterday morning near tusker harley. Your helmet looks cool with those spikes. We should meet up sometime for a ride
raj.barcode is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 21:03   #665
BHPian

Shubz congratulations on your Aw!'s first birthday. Hope you treated her well

your write-up here is definitely an inspiration for lot of us in deciding on a Harley against other bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
Hi shubz, Saw your bike yesterday morning near tusker harley. Your helmet looks cool with those spikes. We should meet up sometime for a ride
Raj,

Join us for the ride this week. It would be good to catch-up with fellow TBHPians riding Harley. We already have quiet a few of them in our group including Shubs, Sreejith. PM either me or Shubz in case you want to join us for the ride.

#LLB

D_H

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th December 2014 at 21:58. Reason: Fixing Quotes
Dust_Harl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2014, 00:51   #666
BHPian

Quote:
So I finally got the Nightster bar installed and it has made a world of difference.
Hi Shubz - its been a great Ownership thread. Have been following this thread from day 1. I am sure you are getting "Har-ley'ed" to the fullest.

Pardon me for bringing up the Handlebar topic after about 10 pages of the original discussion. I just came across this handle bar and wanted to know your thoughts around it. Would these not give a much relaxed riding stance? Anyone in your group who has this extension?

I am looking forward to add either the Superlow or the Iron to my garage in 2015. Test rides in place for now. Keep munching those miles!

- vader -
Attached Images

Darth_Vader is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2014, 09:53   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Vader View Post
Pardon me for bringing up the Handlebar topic after about 10 pages of the original discussion. I just came across this handle bar and wanted to know your thoughts around it. Would these not give a much relaxed riding stance? Anyone in your group who has this extension?
- vader -
Hi, that bike is from the TV show Sons of Anarchy. That particular handle bar is informally called the T bar. It's mostly famous among the 1%er motorcycle gangs mainly because it's comfortable on the long rides they regularly do on smooth straight highways, and the shape of the handlebar allows them to Lane split or filter through traffic without knocking off rear view mirrors from cars they pass. The bars make the handling horrible, and apart from the gangs are viewed as hipster or poser accessories because they serve a very specific purpose.
For a similar effect, if these are hard to source, you could get 8-9 inch risers and a drag bar. Won't be exactly the same, but close enough. Hope that helps.

Last edited by KhalDrogo : 18th December 2014 at 10:01.
KhalDrogo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2014, 11:06   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Vader View Post
Hi Shubz - its been a great Ownership thread. Have been following this thread from day 1. I am sure you are getting "Har-ley'ed" to the fullest.

I am looking forward to add either the Superlow or the Iron to my garage in 2015. Test rides in place for now. Keep munching those miles!

- vader -
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhalDrogo View Post
. The bars make the handling horrible, and apart from the gangs are viewed as hipster or poser accessories because they serve a very specific purpose.
For a similar effect, if these are hard to source, you could get 8-9 inch risers and a drag bar. Won't be exactly the same, but close enough. Hope that helps.
Vader,

KhalDrogo has already replied and I echo the same! You want more relaxed riding posture, easy on your elbow - Go for Nightster bars. The bars you mentioned are good for posers, kills the look of the sportster (in my opinion), makes handling horrible. You may say, lane splitting, zig zagging is the order of the day here in India, then I'd say, for that we have the Splendors, Heros, Suzuki's, Bajajs (with No disrespect whatsoever for the brands mentioned). Even at the cost of getting scowled at, I ride as if its a car, I stop behind a car, I don't zig zag, nor do many of the HOG riders I am sure.

If you are going for the Superlow, You won't need any handle bar upgrade, the stock one's are a pleasure to ride with. Only if you are going for a Iron, thats when you would want to think about handle bars. The stock one's gave me a tennis elbow (though it was the not the sole contributor for my condition). However with rest of the conditions in my life remaining the same, with only the change in the handlebars from Stock to Nighsters, I am cured of my ailment!

So the ball is now in your court!

Cheers & Ride Safe!

#LLB
Old 22nd December 2014, 12:23   #669
BHPian

Slightly

I rode an Iron with a Stage 1 upgrade yesterday and i felt it lacked torque at the low end. Lacked the train like torque that the test drive bike had when I rode it last.
Has anyone noticed this?

The bike felt the way my Bullet did when i removed the baffles. A lot more acceleration needed to get going. Had not expected the Harley to need any acceleration at all!
That acceleration on half clutch to get going would cause the clutch burn that seems to ail some Iron s, inspite of the wet clutch
Old 22nd December 2014, 12:37   #670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
Slightly

I rode an Iron with a Stage 1 upgrade yesterday and i felt it lacked torque at the low end. Lacked the train like torque that the test drive bike had when I rode it last.
Has anyone noticed this?

The bike felt the way my Bullet did when i removed the baffles. A lot more acceleration needed to get going. Had not expected the Harley to need any acceleration at all!
That acceleration on half clutch to get going would cause the clutch burn that seems to ail some Iron s, inspite of the wet clutch
Totally On-Topic!

That particular bike may have been incorrectly mapped! Did you know that with the Race Tuner, you can tweak a lot of parameters? If you didn't, then now you do! :-)

Its amusing to see people brand the entire line of bike as bad based on one test ride.

#LLB
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 12:55   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Totally On-Topic!

That particular bike may have been incorrectly mapped! Did you know that with the Race Tuner, you can tweak a lot of parameters? If you didn't, then now you do! :-)

Its amusing to see people brand the entire line of bike as bad based on one test ride.

#LLB
No Shubz. You got me wrong.
I LOVE the iron and have read your entire thread including your take on the Race Tuners and discussions with Dustom99 !
Thats the reason I asked if this was the case with this particular bike. The stock Iron i rode was a train! Was hard to fathom that the Iron would be low on torque, hence the question, which was more about the Stage 1 upgrade and possibly off topic.

Last edited by udainxs : 22nd December 2014 at 12:57.
Old 22nd December 2014, 14:28   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
No Shubz. You got me wrong.
I LOVE the iron and have read your entire thread including your take on the Race Tuners and discussions with Dustom99 !
Thats the reason I asked if this was the case with this particular bike. The stock Iron i rode was a train! Was hard to fathom that the Iron would be low on torque, hence the question, which was more about the Stage 1 upgrade and possibly off topic.
My apologies if I got you wrong buddy. I am sure it would be the case of this particular map. I don't know but possibly the owner or the technician may not have calibrated it properly. Secondly how much of difference did you notice? Is that bike owned by a friend you know?

Even if there is a clutch issue (primary clutch burn scenario) You'd feel like the bike is lugging along.

#LLB
Old 22nd December 2014, 14:38   #673
BHPian

Quote:
My apologies if I got you wrong buddy. I am sure it would be the case of this particular map. I don't know but possibly the owner or the technician may not have calibrated it properly. Secondly how much of difference did you notice? Is that bike owned by a friend you know?

#LLB
All good Shubz
Yes, the bike is owned by a friend, but in Hyderabad.
Its been a while since i rode the stock, so its difficult to quantify. I shall be riding a stock again soon and will update.
I do remember that I was taken aback with the way it pulled last time, but with my friend's bike I was having to accelerate more than I would have like to.

I just mentioned the clutch burn since riding a bike like his in stop-go traffic *could* cause the issue, tho in many cases I read it was caused because the clutch was running dry. The bike in question has just 1600 on the odo
udainxs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2015, 13:07   #674
Senior - BHPian

Ok! Ended the year 2014 with another milestone! Was just about 9 km short of this milestone.
I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-10896891_10153047453767009_5393294813723528947_n.jpg
Happy to tell you all - Bike still runs like a charm! I am planning for a front suspension upgrade - Nightster suspension it is! As usual - our famed dealership at Bangalore does not have stock! Expecting it in the 2nd week of Jan!

And the bike is due for its 3rd Service!
Shubz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 14:26   #675
Senior - BHPian

Alright here it is!

I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-img_6756.jpg
I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-img_6758.jpg

Just done with the 3rd service! Upgraded the front suspension to the Roadster one!
Changed front brake pads. Rear brake pads still good!

Felt real yumm post the service. The only bugging thing was the brake light switch thats gone kaput that keeps the brake lights on all the time (most of the time). Else everything else works like a charm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks