Team-BHP - I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/142095-i-just-got-har-leyd-my-iron-883-a-5.html)

Congratulations Shubz on the Harley acquisition. clap:

I had also test driven the Iron 883 two months back and was almost ready to book the bike. However, decided to wait for news from Triumph and the wait just got longer. But since I plan to buy a motorcycle and then keep it over a long period of time I felt that I needed to be satisfied with my decision. I am glad that you made your decision only when you were satisfied.

Congrats again and hope you get the Harley soon. Will be waiting for an ownership report.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bharat.joshi (Post 3291795)
Congratulations Shubz on the Harley acquisition. clap:

I had also test driven the Iron 883 two months back and was almost ready to book the bike. However, decided to wait for news from Triumph and the wait just got longer. But since I plan to buy a motorcycle and then keep it over a long period of time I felt that I needed to be satisfied with my decision. I am glad that you made your decision only when you were satisfied.

Congrats again and hope you get the Harley soon. Will be waiting for an ownership report.

Bharat - Mine was the opposite. Waited for a couple of years for the Triumph. Then a very good friend of mine coaxed me into going into the Harley showroom and JUST test ride.

And when I did, I just plonked in the booking amount and Triumph (unfortunately) faded away from my yearning list. And as you said - Totally satisfied so far with the decision made despite seeing so many not-so-great comments about the company, the motorcycles etc.

The only thing painful is the wait!!!!:)

Hope you are able to make a decision on either - soon!

Cheerz,
Shubz

Quote:

Originally Posted by bharat.joshi (Post 3291795)
I am glad that you made your decision only when you were satisfied.

Bharat,
What would be your decision? You would want to wait for triumph and then take a call? Think with the launch round the corner, would be sensible to wait before you take the plunge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku69rd (Post 3292131)
Bharat,
What would be your decision? You would want to wait for triumph and then take a call? Think with the launch round the corner, would be sensible to wait before you take the plunge.

Mahesh sir - he is doing the sensible thing - as per his post. "Waiting before considering HD" Unlike me - ;-) I still don't consider myself insensible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3292226)
Mahesh sir - he is doing the sensible thing - as per his post. "Waiting before considering HD" Unlike me - ;-) I still don't consider myself insensible.

Sir, nopes you were not insensible probably a bit eager/anxious to get yourself a good ride. But either ways one cannot go wrong with a SBK these days considering the bullet proof reliability one gets.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku69rd (Post 3292245)
Sir, nopes you were not insensible probably a bit eager/anxious to get yourself a good ride. But either ways one cannot go wrong with a SBK these days considering the bullet proof reliability one gets.

Well said.

But, if I was a betting man - I would say its a sure bet that you will see some one ditching his ride with in one year.

I know because I have been there and done it, I ditched the ride in 6 months and waited 6 years for the other one to turn up. :)

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by r_nairtvm (Post 3292264)
Well said.

But, if I was a betting man - I would say its a sure bet that you will see some one ditching his ride with in one year.

I know because I have been there and done it, I ditched the ride in 6 months and waited 6 years for the other one to turn up. :)

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Ram sir - Not to defy you or anything. But nature wise - I have not regretted any of my (Automobile) decisions and changed minds after going in for a product.

But I know you mean well here - and if your words come true - who knows, I may be on a better machine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3292276)
Ram sir - Not to defy you or anything. But nature wise - I have not regretted any of my (Automobile) decisions and changed minds after going in for a product.

But I know you mean well here - and if your words come true - who knows, I may be on a better machine.

Shubz,

I know you realise that all this is actually very light natured banter from my side and am not serious at all and I know fully what you mean. I know that you know your machines and love them (I really envy your CJ3 and hope to own one some day - I taught myself driving in a CJ3 and a Mark 1 Amby when I was around 10-11 year old)

I still would love to have you ridding with me without having to put ear plugs in my ear

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Just got a call from Tusker Harley that I can have my bike in 8 days from now. But the catch here is - The color is Matte Denim Black. My choice is (99%) Amber Whiskey.

They are trying some arm twisting tactics like --

1) This is the only color available in this consignment.
2) Next consignment - we don't know how long it will take, may take a few months.
3) We cannot show you Amber Whiskey that is in stock as it is sold to another customer.
4) On asking to do a customer reference - of a customer who got the Amber Whiskey Iron 883 a couple of weeks ago - Answer is "No we cannot share the number?
5) Ok, don't share, can you guys at least call the customer and check if he is ok to be spoken to - NO, we can't call the customer.

Their attitude is ticking me off!:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3306723)
Just got a call from Tusker Harley that I can have my bike in 8 days from now. But the catch here is - The color is Matte Denim Black. My choice is (99%) Amber Whiskey.

They are trying some arm twisting tactics like --

Its looks like some one backed off with a booking and they are trying to force that bike . Why not tell the truth and be transparent instead of telling lies .The attitude is definitely sick :Frustrati . I am guessing how the A$$ will be . Don't buy that and stick to what ever you were committed for .

Quote:

Originally Posted by black12rr (Post 3306728)
Its looks like some one backed off with a booking and they are trying to force that bike . Why not tell the truth and be transparent instead of telling lies .The attitude is definitely sick :Frustrati . I am guessing how the A$$ will be . Don't buy that and stick to what ever you were committed for .

Yeah these folks can never tell the truth. They were like "You have ten minutes to decide, Will call you back in 10 mins - you can make a payment of 5Lakhs today - will give you the banking details, do an online transfer" - to which I snapped (albeit politely) - I will wait for the Amber Whiskey!:mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3306778)
I will wait for the Amber Whiskey!:mad:

Ahh the usual pressure tactics of Tusker HD at its fore. It just reeks of head-weightiness. Anyways if you have made up your mind on Amber Whisky then i suppose you can wait.
Have you gotten into these FB groups based out of Bangalore? They might help you get a clear picture of how good the Amber Whisky looks like.

To be quite honest, am making an assumption that one guy would have decided to have a proper look at the Triumph before putting down his monies on HD.

PS: Are you planning to visit the triumph showroom before you get the delivery?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku69rd (Post 3306791)
Ahh the usual pressure tactics of Tusker HD at its fore. It just reeks of head-weightiness. Anyways if you have made up your mind on Amber Whisky then i suppose you can wait.
Have you gotten into these FB groups based out of Bangalore? They might help you get a clear picture of how good the Amber Whisky looks like.

I am not aware of any FB groups in Bangalore sir.

Second - I have seen the AW in person and does look dashing and different!

I am trying to get Mr. Reddy's number. Nobody is willing to share that either! I don't know whats with them!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3306793)
I have seen the AW in person and does look dashing and different!

Way to go Shubz. Wait till you get the Amber Whiskey and a 2014 model. Keep cool

Cheers

KPS

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPS (Post 3306799)
Way to go Shubz. Wait till you get the Amber Whiskey and a 2014 model. Keep cool

Cheers

KPS

KPS sir - Thanks! The Matte Denim that is offered now is the 2014 model only. 2014 models are what are pouring in now.