Team-BHP - I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/142095-i-just-got-har-leyd-my-iron-883-a-7.html)

Congrats on your new bike Shubz! I like the color. Will look a nice copper rust-ish when it fades as well.

Congrats Shubz. Lovely colour and it looks refreshingclap:. Great choice and I happy you stuck to this colour even though the dealer was trying pull a fast one on you.

Ride Safe

Cheers

KPS

Congrats Shubz, lovely color. So you get it before the Triumphs hit the street, now this is sweet. Happy riding.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surajit333 (Post 3309134)
Congrats Shubz, lovely color. So you get it before the Triumphs hit the street, now this is sweet. Happy riding.

Thanks Surajit and Yes sir. that was the most pleasantly surprising part! I had made up my mind that I will only get to lay my hands on this in 2014! Fate (or should I say Luck) had it otherwise for me! :)

I like your choice of color. Pretty exclusive. I am sure it looks much better in real than in pictures.

Happy riding :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by HillMan (Post 3309329)
I like your choice of color. Pretty exclusive. I am sure it looks much better in real than in pictures.

Happy riding :thumbs up

Exactly! In pictures it shows up more "Orange" while in real - its stunning! Pictures don't do justice to the color.

Many congratulations Shubz! The Amber Whiskey shade looks wicked and exotic! Most HDs I've seen on the roads till date wore the Black shade; this is a welcome change IMO.

Do keep updating the thread with your experiences, however good or bad they may be. Wishing you many safe miles and a peaceful ownership with the ride! :thumbs up

Finally seeing your thread sir.

Congrats on finally getting Harley'd. I remember the first day we met after getting my duke and you already had plans for a bigger capacity bike. Finally you got it in less than a year. Congrats bro.

Great choice on the color. Looks really awesome and will stand out in a crowd. Denim black - the harley word for matte black - has become quite common on the streets. Plus it would have been a PITA to maintain. One scratch, and you'd be pulling out your hair.

Congrats once again on getting your dream ride :)

Haven't seen one. But from pictures it seems to be glossier with a red/brown tint. Kind of double color.

Get nice custom number plates to match ;)

Golden plates with embossing might look great.
I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-20131119-11.42.36_cr_cr.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by HillMan (Post 3309371)
Haven't seen one. But from pictures it seems to be glossier with a red/brown tint. Kind of double color.

Get nice custom number plates to match ;)

I have some "Innovative" idea for the number plate. Got to check on the outcome and then I will post the pictures (probably in my ownership thread)

FYI -- I have opted for the side mounted number plate.

Catching up on this thread after a few days. Congratulations for getting bike. The color looks awesome.

One question, why does it take so long for them to deliver the bike if it is already here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hondadude (Post 3311964)
Catching up on this thread after a few days. Congratulations for getting bike. The color looks awesome.

One question, why does it take so long for them to deliver the bike if it is already here?

The fact of the matter is - This bike is/was meant for someone else (or so they say) They said "MY" bike is in transit (this was about 5/6 days ago) and it should land here in a day or two. Then 2 days PDI, registration etc. So 10th tentatively I'd get to lay my hands on MY bike. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3312024)
So 10th tentatively I'd get to lay my hands on MY bike. :)

Wow that's quick and efficient Shubz, am sure you will have a very enduring wait for the next 5 days. Each minute will be a longer one though.

You mentioned about the side registration plate, is that legal? Or are you getting it post registration?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku69rd (Post 3312176)
Wow that's quick and efficient Shubz, am sure you will have a very enduring wait for the next 5 days. Each minute will be a longer one though.

You mentioned about the side registration plate, is that legal? Or are you getting it post registration?

The side mounted registration plate should be legal. as the registration number would be seen clearly from the rear.

They would be fitting the same at the time of delivery and I am getting a temp registration for now. Thinking of going for a special number AND have asked them register is post Jan 1 :) (2014 model, registered in 2014)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3312191)
The side mounted registration plate should be legal. as the registration number would be seen clearly from the rear.

They would be fitting the same at the time of delivery and I am getting a temp registration for now. Thinking of going for a special number AND have asked them register is post Jan 1 :) (2014 model, registered in 2014)

For the uniqueness, can you try for registering it on 11/12/13? that will be a fantastic date and ur resale values will not matter much because any sane thinking person will know the case.

Side Mounted Registration Plates are not approved by law Sir.