Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2013, 11:56   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Congrats on your new bike Shubz! I like the color. Will look a nice copper rust-ish when it fades as well.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 12:05   #92
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Shubz. Lovely colour and it looks refreshing. Great choice and I happy you stuck to this colour even though the dealer was trying pull a fast one on you.

Ride Safe

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 14:59   #93
BHPian

Congrats Shubz, lovely color. So you get it before the Triumphs hit the street, now this is sweet. Happy riding.
Old 2nd December 2013, 16:56   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surajit333 View Post
Congrats Shubz, lovely color. So you get it before the Triumphs hit the street, now this is sweet. Happy riding.
Thanks Surajit and Yes sir. that was the most pleasantly surprising part! I had made up my mind that I will only get to lay my hands on this in 2014! Fate (or should I say Luck) had it otherwise for me!
Old 2nd December 2013, 17:26   #95
BHPian

I like your choice of color. Pretty exclusive. I am sure it looks much better in real than in pictures.

Happy riding
Old 2nd December 2013, 17:32   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
I like your choice of color. Pretty exclusive. I am sure it looks much better in real than in pictures.

Happy riding
Exactly! In pictures it shows up more "Orange" while in real - its stunning! Pictures don't do justice to the color.
Old 2nd December 2013, 17:48   #97
Team-BHP Support

Many congratulations Shubz! The Amber Whiskey shade looks wicked and exotic! Most HDs I've seen on the roads till date wore the Black shade; this is a welcome change IMO.

Do keep updating the thread with your experiences, however good or bad they may be. Wishing you many safe miles and a peaceful ownership with the ride!
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 17:48   #98
BHPian

Finally seeing your thread sir.

Congrats on finally getting Harley'd. I remember the first day we met after getting my duke and you already had plans for a bigger capacity bike. Finally you got it in less than a year. Congrats bro.

Great choice on the color. Looks really awesome and will stand out in a crowd. Denim black - the harley word for matte black - has become quite common on the streets. Plus it would have been a PITA to maintain. One scratch, and you'd be pulling out your hair.

Congrats once again on getting your dream ride
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2013, 17:58   #99
BHPian

Haven't seen one. But from pictures it seems to be glossier with a red/brown tint. Kind of double color.

Get nice custom number plates to match

Golden plates with embossing might look great.
I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-20131119-11.42.36_cr_cr.jpg
HillMan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 15:32   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Haven't seen one. But from pictures it seems to be glossier with a red/brown tint. Kind of double color.

Get nice custom number plates to match
I have some "Innovative" idea for the number plate. Got to check on the outcome and then I will post the pictures (probably in my ownership thread)

FYI -- I have opted for the side mounted number plate.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 10:38   #101
Senior - BHPian

Catching up on this thread after a few days. Congratulations for getting bike. The color looks awesome.

One question, why does it take so long for them to deliver the bike if it is already here?
hondadude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 11:39   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Catching up on this thread after a few days. Congratulations for getting bike. The color looks awesome.

One question, why does it take so long for them to deliver the bike if it is already here?
The fact of the matter is - This bike is/was meant for someone else (or so they say) They said "MY" bike is in transit (this was about 5/6 days ago) and it should land here in a day or two. Then 2 days PDI, registration etc. So 10th tentatively I'd get to lay my hands on MY bike.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 14:20   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
So 10th tentatively I'd get to lay my hands on MY bike.
Wow that's quick and efficient Shubz, am sure you will have a very enduring wait for the next 5 days. Each minute will be a longer one though.

You mentioned about the side registration plate, is that legal? Or are you getting it post registration?
Old 5th December 2013, 14:29   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Wow that's quick and efficient Shubz, am sure you will have a very enduring wait for the next 5 days. Each minute will be a longer one though.

You mentioned about the side registration plate, is that legal? Or are you getting it post registration?
The side mounted registration plate should be legal. as the registration number would be seen clearly from the rear.

They would be fitting the same at the time of delivery and I am getting a temp registration for now. Thinking of going for a special number AND have asked them register is post Jan 1 (2014 model, registered in 2014)
Old 5th December 2013, 14:35   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
The side mounted registration plate should be legal. as the registration number would be seen clearly from the rear.

They would be fitting the same at the time of delivery and I am getting a temp registration for now. Thinking of going for a special number AND have asked them register is post Jan 1 (2014 model, registered in 2014)
For the uniqueness, can you try for registering it on 11/12/13? that will be a fantastic date and ur resale values will not matter much because any sane thinking person will know the case.

Side Mounted Registration Plates are not approved by law Sir.

Most Viewed