Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2013, 12:37   #16
BHPian

Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Congratulations Shubz! Great write up and the Harley looks neat, too bad you let go of the Triumph, I was sure you'd be the first to book one in the country . Me too idling with the Duke waiting for the street triple, luckily I have put my mind into modding my Enfield!

Congratulations once again!
Surajit333 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 13:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surajit333 View Post
Congratulations Shubz! Great write up and the Harley looks neat, too bad you let go of the Triumph, I was sure you'd be the first to book one in the country . Me too idling with the Duke waiting for the street triple, luckily I have put my mind into modding my Enfield!

Congratulations once again!
Thanks and Thanks Surajit! I don't think I would've been the first to book in the country. I may have been among the first among the one's from Bangalore.

Triumph is no way bad. Its just that I ran out of patience and then there is another factor which greatly influenced me into taking the plunge for Harley -- The Icon, The heritage and The cult!
Old 26th September 2013, 14:32   #18
BHPian

Shubz, that's a nice writeup. I want to congratulate you on your booking, but giving a thought to your hyper excitement, I can't help but post this (sorry for being a mood dampener):

Quote:
The pleasure of shopping is chemical -- and fleeting -- it's all about the means and not the ends, say U.S. scientists. The surge of excitement from shopping involves dopamine, a chemical associated with pleasure. As shoppers first see a product and then consider buying it -- the anticipation rather than the buying itself -- discharges the chemical and drives the process, reported the Sunday Telegraph.
However, this surge of pleasure drops sharply as soon as the product has been bought, which can result in a sense of let-down -- or "buyer's remorse" -- shortly afterwards.
"Dopamine is all about the hunt and the anticipation," said Gregory Berns, a neuroscientist at Emory University in Atlanta. "It is released as you conjure up in your mind the thought of this purchase and anticipate how it will look and how you will use it."
Source
Old 26th September 2013, 15:21   #19
BHPian

Congrats Shubz on the booking. That was a great writeup. Now is the worst time for you, the waiting period. But i will be looking forward to a proper ownership review from you. Ride Safe!!!
Redline Shooter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 16:20   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Shubz, that's a nice writeup. I want to congratulate you on your booking, but giving a thought to your hyper excitement, I can't help but post this (sorry for being a mood dampener):

Source
haha.. no mood dampening. I went through this dopamine effect with the Duke too and I never got bored of it even after getting it, Even after 1+ year of owning it.

Plus I have a very qualified doctor friend who took care of the effect and I sure would not feel the "buyers remorse" - But I know what you are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Shooter View Post
Congrats Shubz on the booking. That was a great writeup. Now is the worst time for you, the waiting period. But i will be looking forward to a proper ownership review from you. Ride Safe!!!
I am ok with the waiting period as the 2014 models roll out. I will do my best with the ownership report too!
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 21:17   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
So here I am, this trembling soul, arrives at the showroom with the friend. In work dress with the following packed in a backpack
1) Riding jacket
2) Pair of Jeans
3) Riding Gloves
4) Riding boots
Helmet separately.

Then I changed into the jacket, jeans and got set to mount this beast. with a million butterflies flutterring in my stomach and the urge to run to the bathroom!

Among all the angst, I had the gall to pull out my shades and wear it! lol
(FYI - the helmet is not mine)
Man I like the respect you have for the ride. Although it wasn't mandatory for a TD, you ensured you had all the gear for the HD. Complete with jacket and shades. Style matters

I had the keys to a friends Honda VTX1300 in the US for a months trip. I ensured, I got myself a leather backpack to complete the look and carry my laptop to office

Start planning your long rides and vacations. This bike just pulls you to ride at every opportunity.

Cheers!

Last edited by HillMan : 26th September 2013 at 21:45.
HillMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 00:57   #22
BHPian

Very nice description buddy. I can feel the nostalgia sitting right here on my sofa

How much is the on road cost for this beast in Bangalore? Did they commit anything on the delivery date?

ps. What is a 'fully loaded credit card' and why is it required for a test ride?

Last edited by pahwa : 27th September 2013 at 01:00. Reason: addition
pahwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 04:14   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
ps. What is a 'fully loaded credit card' and why is it required for a test ride?
Probably to cover the cost of any damage to the bike during the TD. Another reason could be to discourage people from walking into the showroom asking for a TD willy nilly!!
mnrvokk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 08:17   #24
BHPian

WAH! Congrats Shubz! Seeing your posts around all the triumph pages, I was expecting a "I just got me a Trumpet" thread here!

Nevertheless, equally happy to see this thread! Wishing you enough distractions in your life to keep you busy and make the wait a little less agonizing in the months to come! The 2014 colours look great! That Denim black looks fantastic!
wolfy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 14:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
Man I like the respect you have for the ride. Although it wasn't mandatory for a TD, you ensured you had all the gear for the HD. Complete with jacket and shades. Style matters

Start planning your long rides and vacations. This bike just pulls you to ride at every opportunity.

Cheers!
Thanks Hillman - One thing I always have is - Respect for the ride or drive. Yeah and the shades was a last minute addition to my get up as the confidence was high by the time I pulled the monster out of the parking! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
Very nice description buddy. I can feel the nostalgia sitting right here on my sofa

How much is the on road cost for this beast in Bangalore? Did they commit anything on the delivery date?

On road cost break up is like this

Ex showroom : 6,82,930
Insurance: 19,864
Road tax & registration: 1,04,967
On road price: 8,07,761

They wanted a credit card and valid driving license as guarantee. In case one damages the bike during the test ride. they need not get into an argument later on with the test rider (who is not yet a customer). One has even to sign an indemnity bond absolving Tusker Harley of any responsibilities/Liabilities arising out of the test ride, god forbid, something goes wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
WAH! Congrats Shubz! Seeing your posts around all the triumph pages, I was expecting a "I just got me a Trumpet" thread here!

Nevertheless, equally happy to see this thread! Wishing you enough distractions in your life to keep you busy and make the wait a little less agonizing in the months to come! The 2014 colours look great! That Denim black looks fantastic!
Thanks wolfy! Even I was blowing the "Trumpet" for too long and in a flash "TIPPED" over to the Harley.

The 2014 colors do look great. So does Denim black - But on second thoughts, I was contemplating on going for either Amber Whiskey or the Cammo White (in the same order of preference). For two reasons - 1) these two shades look awesome. 2) This will be the 2nd Harley from this company, the first owner has a denim black Iron.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 11:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

Man I go AWOL for a week and come back to see this!

Congrats Shubz on the Harley. I kind of guessed that the Triumph thing was not going to happen but from a Duke to a Harley was really a stretch!!!!
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2013, 12:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Man I go AWOL for a week and come back to see this!

Congrats Shubz on the Harley. I kind of guessed that the Triumph thing was not going to happen but from a Duke to a Harley was really a stretch!!!!
Hahaha! Doc!! A lot can happen over a week. You think the stretch is a bit too much?
And tell me more on what you meant by Triumph thing was not going to happen?
Old 28th September 2013, 22:47   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
What color are you getting? I've seen a red Iron and it looks awesome. Looks like the red jelly / halwa and is a brilliant color scheme. Do get a windscreen as well.
Update as of today - 2014 models are only going to be in two colours - Denim Black and Sand Cammo Denim. (looks good in the pictures - don't know how it looks in real.

The Tusker folks are almost sure that Amber Whiskey will not reach Indian shores (but will keep me updated)

and Not all the new features listed on their US site would reach Indian shores either.
Old 30th September 2013, 11:32   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
And tell me more on what you meant by Triumph thing was not going to happen?
That you were not going to get a Triumph anywhere close to the price they had promised.

That is, when they do actually launch.
Old 30th September 2013, 12:21   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
That you were not going to get a Triumph anywhere close to the price they had promised.

That is, when they do actually launch.
Doc - you are so right! for something that is priced so high (at least from the news rounds) - i thought I'd rather have something that is niche.

Most Viewed