Old 21st January 2015, 13:42   #676
BHPian

Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Alright here it is!

Attachment 1330894
Attachment 1330895

Just done with the 3rd service! Upgraded the front suspension to the Roadster one!
Changed front brake pads. Rear brake pads still good!

Felt real yumm post the service. The only bugging thing was the brake light switch thats gone kaput that keeps the brake lights on all the time (most of the time). Else everything else works like a charm.
Shubz,
What prompted you to change the front suspension? The new setup looks to have more travel than the stock.
Was damping a concern since you had mentioned changing the oil in a previous post?
Old 21st January 2015, 16:13   #677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
Shubz,
What prompted you to change the front suspension? The new setup looks to have more travel than the stock.
Was damping a concern since you had mentioned changing the oil in a previous post?
16000 kms of riding. Anyway the stock suspension is not such a great pleasure to ride in had probably kinda weakened the springs. I could've just changed the springs. But I would've had to continue with the rough suspension.

Changing just the oil was an idea that I was only contemplating. Not really sure of that. as it would've been just been a temp measure.

Second reason - During my first RSA stint (where MAP sensor had blown) the RSA fella tied the harness through the rubber bellows, damaging it. So had to get the suspension overhauled to get the bellows back. Instead thought I could upgrade the suspension. Gain 16 mm GC
Old 21st January 2015, 20:01   #678
BHPian

Any ground clearance on the Iron must be more than welcome. Random query, but you could have fitted a 48 front end as well, right? Any reason you didn't opt for that?
Also, more importantly, after adding your V&H slip ons, and air cleaner, did you add a SE performance tuner? How does it work(dealer downloads a remap at every service/manual tuneup of columns/ dunno run) , and is there any noticeable difference in power delivery at normal rpm ranges?
Old 22nd January 2015, 16:53   #679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhalDrogo View Post
Any ground clearance on the Iron must be more than welcome. Random query, but you could have fitted a 48 front end as well, right? Any reason you didn't opt for that?
Also, more importantly, after adding your V&H slip ons, and air cleaner, did you add a SE performance tuner? How does it work(dealer downloads a remap at every service/manual tuneup of columns/ dunno run) , and is there any noticeable difference in power delivery at normal rpm ranges?
I could have, but I did not. Just wanted the Sportster one.

Regarding VnH - yes I did add the SE performance race tuner. Works like a charm. Everyone wants their bikes to sound n run exactly like mine now :-P Its just one download for now. I have had some issues with MAP sensor, CKP sensor and was fed up and got it calibrated again and after that it has been working amazingly. There definitely is quite a difference in power delivery. I have been asked if I come loaded with NOS up my @#$ on the rides.. LoL!

#LLB
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2015, 15:06   #680
Senior - BHPian

So now I have the Vibranators in as well! Marked difference notice in the short ride home!

The coming Sunday ride, following things to be checked

1) My riding boots
2) The new upgraded suspension
3) The Vibranators!

Looking forward to it!

#LLB
Old 3rd February 2015, 20:59   #681
BHPian

Quote:
So now I have the Vibranators in as well! Marked difference notice in the short ride home!
#LLB
Shubz, where did you pick up the Vibranators from? Been looking to fix it on mine and see if it makes a diff on higher speeds.

Did you do any changes on the grips or use a new set?

Thanks!
Old 3rd February 2015, 21:07   #682
Senior - BHPian

I got it from the U.S. and it sure would make a difference. But may not fit Street handlebars. No changes to the handle grip.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 13:44   #683
Senior - BHPian

Riding Boot review - Wore the boots for my 400+ kms ride yesterday. Was very cumbersome to start with and with passage of time got easier. I am yet to break in fully into it. But feet weren't hurting after the end of the ride.

Vibranators: Works like a charm. Even at high speeds, handle bar vibrations are so so so much reduced. Mirrors are stable and view is damn clear!

Had a problem with the bike yesterday - My fronts brakes jammed up! had to be gently bled once, released and jammed up again when i was doing some "high" speeds. Thankfully the brakes aren't like that of the Dukes else I wouldn't have been alive today writing this story

But the good news is ---->
I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-img_7953.jpg

#LLB
Shubz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 17:44   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Riding Boot review - Wore the boots for my 400+ kms ride yesterday. Was very cumbersome to start with and with passage of time got easier. I am yet to break in fully into it. But feet weren't hurting after the end of the ride.
#LLB
Absoloutely, its a good pair.

I feel it will settle down in a couple of rides.

Your good choice in footwear has helped

Thanks for a great time yesterday. Look forward to forthcoming rides

Wishing your bike brakes a speedy recovery!!
rakesh_S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2015, 18:50   #685
BHPian

Sirjee... finally the time has come. Me and my hog are riding to bangalore this extended weekend (holi hai...). Will reach b'lore on 6th eve and will have to push back on the 8th morning. Looking forward to meet you, sreejith, dust_harl and others. I am really keen to ride with you guys (LLB), lets plan something.
abhimanyu_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 12:00   #686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhimanyu_singh View Post
Sirjee... finally the time has come. Me and my hog are riding to bangalore this extended weekend (holi hai...). Will reach b'lore on 6th eve and will have to push back on the 8th morning. Looking forward to meet you, sreejith, dust_harl and others. I am really keen to ride with you guys (LLB), lets plan something.
Awesome Abhi! Will surely keep you posted on the Sunday plan. My bike is at the workshop undergoing repairs after I had a spill on our way back from Goa. Luckily none hurt, no broken bones. We literally walked out of the spill with just sprained ankles and were back to work the very next day.

This is just to reiterate to everyone - ATGATT! Never compromise! Some say - Its so uncool/un-harleyish to be wearing all that riding gear, that too on a Harley! To all such folks - I can only pray for your safety and pray to god to drill in some sense into you

#LLB
Shubz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2015, 12:10   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Awesome Abhi! Will surely keep you posted on the Sunday plan. My bike is at the workshop undergoing repairs after I had a spill on our way back from Goa. Luckily none hurt, no broken bones. We literally walked out of the spill with just sprained ankles and were back to work the very next day.

This is just to reiterate to everyone - ATGATT! Never compromise! Some say - Its so uncool/un-harleyish to be wearing all that riding gear, that too on a Harley! To all such folks - I can only pray for your safety and pray to god to drill in some sense into you

#LLB
I was watching those IBW photos and was wondering if Tatoos, sleeveless shirts and bandanas have the capabilities of good gear as well
Old 3rd March 2015, 12:13   #688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
I was watching those IBW photos and was wondering if Tatoos, sleeveless shirts and bandanas have the capabilities of good gear as well
Go ask them. I was talking about myself and my experiences. You are welcome to make smart jibes and make fun of people on your own thread and is not warranted here.

Thanks.
Old 3rd March 2015, 12:28   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Go ask them. I was talking about myself and my experiences. You are welcome to make smart jibes and make fun of people on your own thread and is not warranted here.

Thanks.
Erm... I was only supporting your idea.
Anyways, I plead guilty for trespassing into your territory.

Last edited by Sojogator : 3rd March 2015 at 12:38.
Old 3rd March 2015, 12:31   #690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojogator View Post
Erm... I was only supporting that you idea.
Anyways, I plead guilty for trespassing into your territory.
Apologies If I mistook you. But its the general tendency of people to pass smarty pants comments on the bandana wearing, tattoo sporting riders at IBW questioning their riding sense, sense of safety etc without actually experiencing what it is like being out there.

Sincere apologies if I have offended you in anyway. You are always welcome into my territory.. lol.. (since you called it my territory). You from Bangalore - whats your ride?

Cheers

#LLB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks