Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2015, 14:02   #691
BHPian

Re: I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Awesome Abhi! Will surely keep you posted on the Sunday plan. My bike is at the workshop undergoing repairs after I had a spill on our way back from Goa. Luckily none hurt, no broken bones. We literally walked out of the spill with just sprained ankles and were back to work the very next day.

This is just to reiterate to everyone - ATGATT! Never compromise! Some say - Its so uncool/un-harleyish to be wearing all that riding gear, that too on a Harley! To all such folks - I can only pray for your safety and pray to god to drill in some sense into you

#LLB
Oh man! Good to hear that there were no injuries, completely agree with you there on ATGATT man!
I make sure that both of us are fully clad with appropriate gear even if we are just going for a small breakfast ride to her pancake parlour nearby. Its another ballgame to convince your wife all the time for this

People always tell me that my Revenge/alpinestars are too sporty and not for the cruisers (in terms of looks) and I'm like dude safety trumps tashan (showoff) anyday.

Anyway coming back to the topic, since i plan to leave back on sunday itself it'll be really great if LLB can plan a ride in such a way that i can directly leave after that. Please dont bother too much in case its inconvinient but i thought something towards that part of the city should be cool considering bangalore's traffic
Old 9th March 2015, 12:20   #692
Senior - BHPian

AW has done its duty dutifully so far! And it was about time to look beyond AW. Few choices were

1) Tiger XRX
2) Ducati Hypermotard/Hyperstrada
3) Fat Bob
4) Fat Boy

Had show real interest in the XRX at IBW and Triumph guys did take down my number/put a star mark etc and I was hoping they'd call me and update me (or at least invite me over to take a look at the XRX at peace) 2 weeks since IBW, no news of them. Anyway, this is not to blame them.

Secondly - BIG 5 on the mind - I was in a quandary - Should I continue with the Sportster or Should I go the Dyna / Softail way for better comfort.

If I continued to have the AW, then I'd have wanted a Triumph/Ducati et al. But if I were to go for another HD, then I didn't want two HD's in my stable.

Despite the fact that the Triumphs and Ducati's are much advanced in terms of technology -- (beat me for it) -- I just couldn't think beyond HD!

So - Last week -- Visited Tusker Harley Showroom - Only to take a look at whats in store, Saw an Amber Whiskey single tone Fatboy. This was a customers bike. Wasn't for sale. Just got a feel of it. But alas! when another Amber Whiskey was parked beside it, i failed to see it differently. Didn't want to live discontented even though I had upgraded.

Choice now was between Amber Whiskey two tone, Marble Black , Vivid Black and Mysterious SunGlo Red!

I was told the the MSG Red was available to be checked out as a display bike at their second showroom and I could go and take a look at it there.

So I go there and TOTALLY SMITTEN by the color!

Now the delivery timelines

Amber Whiskey 2 tone - 2nd quarter - May/June timeframe
MSG Red - In transit - would be available at the end of this month!

Out comes the 1Lakh booking amount and I am now awaiting the SOFTAIL!

A few pics!
The Amber Whisky
I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-img_9416.jpg

The MSG Reds
I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-img_9413.jpg
I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-img_9406.jpg
I just got Har-Ley'd! My Iron 883-img_9415.jpg

Me signing the booking form

Cheers

#LLB
Shubz is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 13:31   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
AW has done its duty dutifully so far! And it was about time to look beyond AW.
Congrats Shubz! Go for the Amber Whisky. Have one Fat Boy here with the same color and I am just smitten by it too. I too have sold off the Superlow to a TeamBhpian today. Planning a Street Bob for now till I collect the moolah for the Boy!
dkaile is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 13:43   #694
BHPian

Way to go Shubz I knew sooner or later the upgrade bug will bite you. Fatboy is a great choice indeed. And knowing your style of HD usage, I guess probably a sissy bar with carrier, windshield & saddlebags would be among the first Harley Tax you may be paying

Glad to know you came out safe from the spill. Very well said, the HD freedom style dressing may score points at the local Starbucks, but nothing like serious protective gear (full face helmet & riding boots included).

Best wishes.
Old 9th March 2015, 14:01   #695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Congrats Shubz! Go for the Amber Whisky. Have one Fat Boy here with the same color and I am just smitten by it too. I too have sold off the Superlow to a TeamBhpian today. Planning a Street Bob for now till I collect the moolah for the Boy!
Dhiraj sir - Thank you! I've had my dose of Whiskey for over a year now. Now probably a different brew? So the MSG Red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
Way to go Shubz I knew sooner or later the upgrade bug will bite you. Fatboy is a great choice indeed. And knowing your style of HD usage, I guess probably a sissy bar with carrier, windshield & saddlebags would be among the first Harley Tax you may be paying

Glad to know you came out safe from the spill. Very well said, the HD freedom style dressing may score points at the local Starbucks, but nothing like serious protective gear (full face helmet & riding boots included).

Best wishes.
Thank you Haroon sir. Sissy bar, yes, Windshield, No! My first Harley tax would be
1) Engine guard (crash guard)
2) Aux Lamps

As is my trait - Will ride him a bit on stock before going the VnH Big Shots Staggered Chrome and the other bells n whistles

#LLB
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 14:10   #696
BHPian

Congratulation shubz and looking forward for your bike to hit the road soon. Let me know when you guys plan a welcome ride. Will join you.

Quote:
Dheeraj sir. Happy to know that you are upgrading and your superlow was definitely an inspiration for most of us. Looking forward for you and Shubz to add your ownership experience and create a new thread for all of us to plunge in.

IMO street bob is just one level better than your superlow on speed and comfort and definitely suggest a pre-owned Fat boy instead if you are fine with that.

There are quiet a few who buy Harley fat boy to park in their garage or for show off and definitely you will find quiet a few selling it for a descent price. You may get a fat boy with less than 6K on odo for a landing cost of a street bob or even less. Suggest you explore the pre-owner only if you are fine with that idea and who knows you may get a Amber whiskey for a steal.

Ride Safe and looking forward for your next update on what you finally bought.

Again, this is just my opinion and I may be wrong.

#LLB
Dust_Harl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 00:18   #697
BHPian

Congratulations Shubz! Excellent choice of color. The red is too good and appears phenomenal in bright sun. Fatboy has always been a thing to have in darker shades, and this red create just the perfect lines.

Its has been a month of upgrades with so many people booking Fatboys etc. HDs strategy appears to be paying off in every way. Its raining post IBW for them!

Wishing you a fast delivery and many many miles on the same. Look forward to riding with you soon!

Quote:
Dheeraj your choice to go for Street Bob is very very interesting. We have just gone through a long discussion on Fat Boy vs Street Bob. Would love to hear your side of the story. My guess is that this is not a stop gap entirely

Do tell us, as right now I'm in a quandary, wherein I'm looking for a strong reason to spend extra 5 lakhs and acquire a Fatboy. Or get a Street Bob which I feel is an excellent package for it price.

Your inputs would be invaluable as always. Thanks!

PS: I don't intend to sell the Street, I just like the bike too much to part with it.
rakesh_S is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 10:59   #698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
Happy to know that you are upgrading and your superlow was definitely an inspiration for most of us.

IMO street bob is just one level better than your superlow on speed and comfort and definitely suggest a pre-owned Fat boy instead if you are fine with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_S View Post
your choice to go for Street Bob is very very interesting. We have just gone through a long discussion on Fat Boy vs Street Bob. Would love to hear your side of the story.
Right now I am having second thoughts of letting go of my shining Sportster without a proper upgrade. I have had 4-5 very concrete offers but have refused all of them for now. What I am most worried of is the loss of the ability as a daily run in bike which I think will be much tougher with the heavier bikes. They will mostly be relegated to weekend highway runs to which I do not want to be restricted. Let us see how things progress...
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 12:39   #699
BHPian

Quote:
...Last week -- Visited Tusker Harley Showroom - Only to take a look at whats in store, Saw an Amber Whiskey single tone Fatboy. This was a customers bike. Wasn't for sale. Just got a feel of it. But alas! when another Amber Whiskey was parked beside it, i failed to see it differently. Didn't want to live discontented even though I had upgraded.

Out comes the 1Lakh booking amount and I am now awaiting the SOFTAIL!

Cheers

#LLB
This is simply awesome. Congrats on your upcoming fatboy. , a great choice and my original love (frm T2:JD). Too bad couldnt meet you this weekend but i'm sure we'll ride soon. I believe by then I will get a chance to see it in the flesh. Meeting Aravind, Rakesh and other lovely people with LLB was simply amazing. Take care and ride harder!
abhimanyu_singh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 13:54   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Right now I am having second thoughts of letting go of my shining Sportster without a proper upgrade. I have had 4-5 very concrete offers but have refused all of them for now. What I am most worried of is the loss of the ability as a daily run in bike which I think will be much tougher with the heavier bikes. They will mostly be relegated to weekend highway runs to which I do not want to be restricted. Let us see how things progress...
I think you've hit the nail on its head. I have similar issues with owning a larger upgrade, as the ability to do a quick and easy ride becomes a challenge.

For the same reason, I'm not willing to give up the Street. For a long ride on the highways a Street Bob or a Fatboy is definitely better.

Maintaining two bikes may be expensive, but gives a choice eventually. Right now I'm also in think and wait mode.

Look forward to which way you go

Enjoy the Superlow meanwhile!
Old 10th March 2015, 14:16   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_S View Post
I think you've hit the nail on its head. I have similar issues with owning a larger upgrade, as the ability to do a quick and easy ride becomes a challenge.

For the same reason, I'm not willing to give up the Street. For a long ride on the highways a Street Bob or a Fatboy is definitely better.

Maintaining two bikes may be expensive, but gives a choice eventually. Right now I'm also in think and wait mode.

Look forward to which way you go

Enjoy the Superlow meanwhile!
Keep the Street, Go for the Fatty! :-P You don't need two Streets at home

Street 750
Street Bob!

Go FATTY!
Old 10th March 2015, 15:02   #702
BHPian

Congrats Shubz on your new ride.. Red Fatty looks fab.
Abhishekjp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 15:55   #703
BHPian

Hey Shubz, Congrats on your new ride booking.. But have you checked the new HD Breakout.. If you have not pls have a look at it I bet you will change your mind for sure.
Old 10th March 2015, 16:12   #704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
Hey Shubz, Congrats on your new ride booking.. But have you checked the new HD Breakout.. If you have not pls have a look at it I bet you will change your mind for sure.
Hi Hiren,

Breakout is not so appealing when you see it or sit on it. I was also told that it is not as comfortable as boy to ride. Fat Boy custom with Devil headlight looks much better compared to breakout with a headlamp similar to that of superlow.

#LLB
Old 10th March 2015, 16:57   #705
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations sir for booking the most iconic Harley.

The Mysterious SunGlo Red is a beautiful color. I saw a Fatboy in same shade outside the Pune dealership recently. Looked lovely. Also the Iron looks amazing in the Amber Whisky shade, I believe this shade has been discontinued in the Iron now.

No matter how inviting a Breakout might look to the eye, the Fatboy has an iconic appeal to it which is unmatched by even the Roadking's and Street Glide's.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks