Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2013, 21:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

Few more snaps from my end. The showroom people defended the strike by closing the gate and blocking the gate by parking vehicles. Why should showroom people go in defense if nothing had gone wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
10k for Puncture & other Harley service issues @ Cochin?-image2418806049.jpg  

10k for Puncture & other Harley service issues @ Cochin?-image1137052122.jpg  

10k for Puncture & other Harley service issues @ Cochin?-image1127068535.jpg  

10k for Puncture & other Harley service issues @ Cochin?-image3800005249.jpg  

10k for Puncture & other Harley service issues @ Cochin?-image1627236315.jpg  

10k for Puncture & other Harley service issues @ Cochin?-image4010323364.jpg  

Old 5th December 2013, 04:06   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: 10k for Puncture & other Harley service issues @ Cochin?

Planning the same strategy along with 6-7 Safari owners in front of their Gurgaon Office
Old 5th December 2013, 09:27   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Since it is in Kerala, I suppose there must be two or harley owners groups. Once supporting LDF, one supporting UDF & one independent group.
4x4addict is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 10:13   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Since it is in Kerala, I suppose there must be two or harley owners groups. Once supporting LDF, one supporting UDF & one independent group.
You have nailed it right ! , the protesting people are from LDF and current office bearers are from UDF , there are some independents caught in cross fire too ,Situation has been resolved after discussion ,. Brand new Harley tire cost somewhere between Rs10, 500,000 -20,000 max ,so in fact customer should have replaced the tire instead of puncture fix , if he really has done his puncture fix for tubeless tire on Harley store at Kochi .Cost are as follows - Sportster model New Tube cost -Rs 1949 for new tube and labor Rs 1000.as per store bill done for forty eight

Approximate Price of Tire Rate for Harley Bikes :

Super low - Rs 13,552

Street bob - Rs 10,699

Fat boy - Rs 14 ,139

Forty eight - Rs 14,355.

Brand new tubes - Rs 1813 - 2302 for models .

labor for puncture at the store - Rs 1000, ( thousand rupees only) Night break down service - Max charge to change brake pad , bearing , Tyre fix Rs 5,000 till to date as per the Kochi store service report. For any query call on +914843997777

QUOTE=alphadog;3310654]I feel bad for the HD owners who have been fobbed off. But it is good to see them taking action and taking it to the dealership. Shame on Spice coast HD!. Just when I was looking up HD India website and considering saving up to get one.
HD is sure to loose a lot of potential customers if they continue in this vein.
So much for luxury premium brands!!- some do have an attitude problem when dealing in India. When you are out to make profits, you better be ready to provide good service.
Keep the fight going owners and I hope you get your justice.[/quote]

Spice Coast store is the biggest store as on date in India , if the dealer has to make profit only then should have done half the cost of investment , suggest our members to visit the facility and comment , After service facility equipment & tools are similar one used in hi end car dealers.

Incident happened due to vested interests on other related matters ,
kaizen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 10:49   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
That is so true 4x4addict. Not only that, each party group will have a president,treasurer,Secretary deputy Secretary and also multiple subgroups within group's.
I suppose in relation to the HD problem, there might be an other side to the story as some others have alluded to.
Hope the problem gets sorted out.
VK
Old 7th December 2013, 19:36   #36
Senior - BHPian

Ok a Noob question : Are the tires on Sporters with Tubes? I thought they were tubeless
Old 11th December 2013, 10:40   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Please translate the banner into English!!!
An impromptu translation for non-mallus:

One of them says : Is it sales, or fraud; what the dealer does?

Another one goes like: Months of waiting and tens of thousands charged for servicing manufacturing defects in warranty period.

The banner on the pickup with the black Harley in it reads “ I’m Harley Davidson; My journey is like this everyday!”
Attached Thumbnails
10k for Puncture & other Harley service issues @ Cochin?-harley-journey.jpg  

10k for Puncture & other Harley service issues @ Cochin?-warranty-service-cost.jpg  

10k for Puncture & other Harley service issues @ Cochin?-dealerfraud.jpg  

Old 11th December 2013, 11:03   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Ok a Noob question : Are the tires on Sporters with Tubes? I thought they were tubeless
All Harleys (big or small) with spoke wheels come with tube type tires. Only the ones with alloys are fitted with tubeless tires.

Originally, BMW was the only company that made tricked spoke wheels which came with tubeless tires, then Moto Guzzi followed and now Triumph, Honda & Yamaha are offering tubeless tires with spoke wheels on their Adventure Touring bikes.

And yes, its a real pain in the wrong place to fix a puncture along the road on a heavy bike with tube type spoke wheels and NO CENTER STAND!
Old 11th December 2013, 11:12   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog View Post
That is so true 4x4addict. Not only that, each party group will have a president,treasurer,Secretary deputy Secretary and also multiple subgroups within group's.
I suppose in relation to the HD problem, there might be an other side to the story as some others have alluded to.
Hope the problem gets sorted out.
VK
The other side of the story :- 8 people were suspended from Harley Owners Group and they played a drama to get inside and they were successful too.
foby.sebastian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 11:38   #40
BHPian

Thank you Kaizen, for the comprehensive information on the pricing of the tyres and tubes. It does seem to be reasonable considering its a premium bike brand.
I do see the point, there may be other vested interests and issues at play here and all stories have two sides and viewpoints.
When one sees pictures of bikes plonked in front of the showroom by owners with a demand for better service, it does cause a knee-jerk response against the dealership. If the reason for doing this is political, then what these guys are doing is appauling!

Cheerio

VK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizen View Post
You have nailed it right ! , the protesting people are from LDF and current office bearers are from UDF , there are some independents caught in cross fire too ,Situation has been resolved after discussion ,. Brand new Harley tire cost somewhere between Rs10, 500,000 -20,000 max ,so in fact customer should have replaced the tire instead of puncture fix , if he really has done his puncture fix for tubeless tire on Harley store at Kochi .Cost are as follows - Sportster model New Tube cost -Rs 1949 for new tube and labor Rs 1000.as per store bill done for forty eight

Approximate Price of Tire Rate for Harley Bikes :

Super low - Rs 13,552

Street bob - Rs 10,699

Fat boy - Rs 14 ,139

Forty eight - Rs 14,355.

Brand new tubes - Rs 1813 - 2302 for models .

labor for puncture at the store - Rs 1000, ( thousand rupees only) Night break down service - Max charge to change brake pad , bearing , Tyre fix Rs 5,000 till to date as per the Kochi store service report. For any query call on +914843997777

QUOTE=alphadog;3310654]I feel bad for the HD owners who have been fobbed off. But it is good to see them taking action and taking it to the dealership. Shame on Spice coast HD!. Just when I was looking up HD India website and considering saving up to get one.
HD is sure to loose a lot of potential customers if they continue in this vein.
So much for luxury premium brands!!- some do have an attitude problem when dealing in India. When you are out to make profits, you better be ready to provide good service.
Keep the fight going owners and I hope you get your justice.
Spice Coast store is the biggest store as on date in India , if the dealer has to make profit only then should have done half the cost of investment , suggest our members to visit the facility and comment , After service facility equipment & tools are similar one used in hi end car dealers.

Incident happened due to vested interests on other related matters ,[/quote]
Old 3rd January 2014, 19:13   #41
BHPian

I have sure noticed a lot of annoying cross selling from sales guys but this takes it to just another level.

How's this for a company that tries to sell remaps at close to 35k when non of their dealers have actually invested in something as basic as a dyno???!!! I mean that's just unbelievable.
Old 26th October 2014, 13:18   #42
TDH

So what is the current situation. Problem solved? If so how?
Confused now... can I go for HD in Kerala? Also I saw lot of HDs 4 sale in India. Most of them are new bikes.. what is the reason? how is the HD service in other states?
Old 6th April 2015, 19:42   #43
BHPian

Seems like the service quality is still shoddy. The following has happened to my brother who owns a super low.

Quoting his post -
Quote:
Herez something that I come across just after taking delivery of my ride after a horn switch replacement at Spice Coast H-D. The bike stalled all of a sudden on the return ride from Chalakkudy and upon inspection, this is what I cud see. We had to push the bike from middle of the road
The wiring harness is seen untugged and the chrome strip on battery cover partially peeled off
Pics attached. Will update as I get more information
Attached Thumbnails
10k for Puncture & other Harley service issues @ Cochin?-chrome-strip.jpg  

10k for Puncture & other Harley service issues @ Cochin?-harness-2.jpg  

10k for Puncture & other Harley service issues @ Cochin?-harness-3.jpg  

10k for Puncture & other Harley service issues @ Cochin?-harness-4.jpg  

10k for Puncture & other Harley service issues @ Cochin?-harness1.jpg  

Last edited by glenmz : 6th April 2015 at 19:56.
Old 7th April 2015, 21:16   #44
BHPian

This is bad. Especially when you spend the kind of money that you do. So much for those HOG patches!!
Old 8th April 2015, 12:12   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odeen12 View Post
This is bad. Especially when you spend the kind of money that you do. So much for those HOG patches!!
What's HOG patches got to do with shoddy service?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks