Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2015, 12:36   #46
BHPian

Re: 10k for Puncture & other Harley service issues @ Cochin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
What's HOG patches got to do with shoddy service?
Oh the "Hog patches" was more like a figure of speech in context to what I meant. Which was sarcastic... to the literal point being on the amount of money that Harley owners spend on their bikes and other peripherals associated with owning one . The least that the manufacturer could do is provide decent service.
Old 8th April 2015, 13:19   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odeen12 View Post
Oh the "Hog patches" was more like a figure of speech in context to what I meant. Which was sarcastic... to the literal point being on the amount of money that Harley owners spend on their bikes and other peripherals associated with owning one . The least that the manufacturer could do is provide decent service.
Haha.. ok ok!

Its not the responsibility of the manufacturer to provide service. It is the dealers who are responsible for providing service. So I expect each dealer to treat customers well and provide the best of services!
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 13:57   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Haha.. ok ok!

Its not the responsibility of the manufacturer to provide service. It is the dealers who are responsible for providing service. So I expect each dealer to treat customers well and provide the best of services!
Absolutely true. It gets a little warped. Hope they get their act together.
Old 8th April 2015, 14:09   #49

Harley should have a Minimum standard of service clause i their dealer agreements. Quite a few companies have forced their dealers to raise Customer service standards. Ones who do not abide loose the dealership .
Old 8th April 2015, 14:23   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I disagree with that. Manufacturers are responsible for the service, since they offer the warranty on their product which is dependent on timely and proper servicing.

Dealers are in turn accountable to the manufacturers for providing proper service, but that doesn't absolve the manufacturer in case of shoddy service. It is the job of the manufacturer to ensure that the authorized dealers and service centers provide the right levels of service. In case a dealer is not willing to comply to the standards, the manufacturer should give the dealership to someone who can run it the way it should.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2015, 14:40   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I disagree with that. Manufacturers are responsible for the service, since they offer the warranty on their product which is dependent on timely and proper servicing.

Dealers are in turn accountable to the manufacturers for providing proper service, but that doesn't absolve the manufacturer in case of shoddy service. It is the job of the manufacturer to ensure that the authorized dealers and service centers provide the right levels of service. In case a dealer is not willing to comply to the standards, the manufacturer should give the dealership to someone who can run it the way it should.
Zenren sir -- there is a difference. They are responsible as in not in the operations of the service centers with the dealers.

Dealers are responsible to upkeep that commitment provided by the manufacturer and many don't really care. "Sales" is what they care most about and "service" the least.
Old 18th April 2015, 10:12   #52

Hello friends, just to give a bit clarity on this case, this is no issues with this bike serviced at the dealership side which is shown in the picture, customer has fitted hella higher decibel horns which is not recommended and it's blows off the switches & fuses often , so does the electrical leading to battery discharge, this one has lot of after market fitments like additional lights fitted by clipping the wiring harness, to avoid power surge dealer has have already clarified wiring relay (red color) has been installed to resolve the switch getting damages due to the fitment of horn and other black wiring is the battery tender of easy charging without removing the battery external cover. Do note only vehicle which has been tampered by neighbor hood garages are only having problem. It's better to service such hi end bikes with the authorized dealer than other garages, if not, least during the company warranty period. This tampering or shoddy job done through inexperienced local job leads to frequent break down of bikes or at times bikes not used for long the battery drop below certain voltage level ,it can lead to bike not starting at times. They have told the user, to bring the bike to get the wired secured to look better by electrical tags.
Old 16th May 2015, 12:27   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizen View Post
Do note only vehicle which has been tampered by neighbor hood garages are only having problem. It's better to service such hi end bikes with the authorized dealer than other garages, if not, least during the company warranty period. This tampering or shoddy job done through inexperienced local job leads to frequent break down of bikes or at times bikes not used for long the battery drop below certain voltage level ,it can lead to bike not starting at times. They have told the user, to bring the bike to get the wired secured to look better by electrical tags.
But friend, if that is the case why did multiple Harley owners protested outside the showroom? Did all of them tampered with wiring and took their bikes to local service centers?. Its hard to find a good company SC in Kochi for any bike, I wonder if many Harley owners would have courage to take their valued machines to local service centers

Last edited by Aditya : 18th May 2015 at 12:26. Reason: Trimming quote
Old 17th May 2015, 08:53   #54
BHPian

The dealership ship fixed the relay without informing the customer. The hella horn was fixed 2 years back as he found the delivered horn inadequate (sort of i10 ish ). The bike was running fine until it went for service.
The relay wiring job was shabby. The bike stopped in about 1 hour after taking delivery. After the bike stopped, when the battery cover was opened this bunch of wires jumped out. Does it look like SC used tags to secure the wires? Don't think so. Also, this is not the only sportster having trouble with the horn switch. This was admitted by the dealership.
Old 17th May 2015, 19:36   #55
BHPian

Couldnt edit my previous post, the time limit for editing expired.

This happened at a recent service to someone. Got this as a fwd. ASC has scratched the bike, below is the pic of the crash guard i guess.
As usual dealership claimed innocence.
10k for Puncture & other Harley service issues @ Cochin?-hd1.jpg

Another thing about this dealership is the availability of essential spares. I had to buy and ship the rear seat, back support & foot pegs among others from Bangalore HD as these were not available in stock when the superlow was delivered. The dealer was not sure when they would get the spares on stock.

BTW - a general question. Whats the policy on warranty on HD's worldwide and in India? HD's are supposed to be mod friendly and the owners do modify it. But don't think the HD warranty policy isn't that friendly.
Old 18th May 2015, 21:12   #56
BHPian

Well, Kaizen, you are totally WRONG! Nothing that you have put about this superlow is correct!
wonder on what basis you made such a long baseless statement here. I know this bike very closely and know how the owner takes care of it.

Please do learn that almost 99% of HDs in the current world are CUSTOMISED!. And yes, most of those bikes are done by equally COMPETENT mechanics, if not done at an HD Service Centre. Out of this, more than 50% bikes are as reliable as any stock HD. Me too an HD owner and have seen it all in the last 7-8 months time.

No matter who did the job, if something wrong is noticed, the same should be bot to the notice of customer, and set it right to keep the reliability high. That is what any CUSTOMER would expect when the ride is given for service. In this case, the dealer failed to do that. A dealer service is partially responsible for the reliability of ride esp after a service. Here, the bike got stranded on the road with-in hours of riding it out from the service station. You have some self explanatory pictures too to explain the reason for such a trouble.

Wonder why you defending so deliberately with baseless inputs. Trust me, your efforts are NOT going to help the dealer or the owner or the members here.

Workmanship and Competence is very important for a dealer service, esp when the item is this costly. This is what lacks here in kerala, eventually giving "most unreliable superbike" tag to almost all HDs in this state.

Note from Support - Please type in full English. U is not a substitute for You on this forum. We need your support and cooperation to maintain the quality standards of this forum.

Last edited by n_aditya : 11th June 2015 at 12:31.
Old 11th June 2015, 00:42   #57

Sorry for the delay in revert. Service adviser has taken picture of this scratch noted in their inventory before receiving the bike. So this claim was rejected on the basis on the same. For details on the this particular incident can be checked with the dealer and shared with customer. They will be more than happy to share the pic taken at the time of receiving any bike at the dealership for service. If the claim was genuine they will more than happy to replace under good will without even pointing out before taking the delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid13 View Post
But friend, if that is the case why did multiple Harley owners protested outside the showroom? Did all of them tampered with wiring and took their bikes to local service centers?. Its hard to find a good company SC in Kochi for any bike, I wonder if many Harley owners would have courage to take their valued machines to local service centers
The thread of Rs 10 charged to customer itself is fake , no one will pay such an amount for puncher even if dealer charges such amount ,as the new bikes tires will only cost the same ,max 2k extra , the customer has fitted additional accessories like foot pegs ,rear seat grip and the total bill came to Rs 11 k , in that 1000 rupees was the puncture amount ( 2 patches ). with reference to the protest , it's settled amongst the hogs members . Bill of the same was given customer and each item explained since it was amount paid by senior members of family who funded the bike and not the user ( youngest rider) , resolved few years back .

Hi , every one has their opinion and views and i shared mine , the forum exists for the same purpose . if you know this bike details and customer , and also owns a Harley , that doesn't mean the posted concerns are true, not staged , i am in support of the dealer in this case and a HOG too from 2012 , In Indian context , only less 10% of the customer's customize their bikes fully and rest do customize by adding Harley Genuine Accessories and fitment from the dealership( 40%). Warranty is void if tampered with electricals or any other part getting effected due to installation of non genuine parts ,exhaust ,filters or any mods , but rest of the bike engine (if not tampered) will still be covered under warranty .More information is displayed in the store ,it's for manufacturer to approve the same on each case . For the money invested on super bike , Good service is to provided by the dealers ,there is no doubts on the same .

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th June 2015 at 05:56. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the 30-min window to add/edit your posts!
kaizen is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks