Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2014, 14:26   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Harley-Davidson Street 750 for India: Unveiled @ Goa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
I guess that means no, you have not seen one, right?

I thought you were comparing to Avenger?

Cheers

Ride Safe
I said it looked like an Avenger under the rider in the photo.

And on checking the stats, it is remarkably similar to the Avenger's dimensions.

So where exactly is the problem in that? I'm confused.

Do I need to climb Mount Everest and stand on its summit before I can authoratively say that its a really tall mountain?

You ride safe too.

Cheers.

Last edited by ebonho : 15th March 2014 at 14:27. Reason: Forgot the customary Cheers .....
Old 15th March 2014, 14:28   #182
BHPian

At the showroom there was a superlow and iron next to the street. Iron felt the biggest of the lot and it was a lot down to the 19" front tyre , the superlow and the street are more or less same. Only difference is the pillion seat in superlow or iron is more comfortable than street.
Old 15th March 2014, 14:42   #183
Senior - BHPian

Harley flat track ice racing the Street 750 at the X Games. Crazy ballsy stuff man. AMA flat track racing is big in the US, just as mud flat track racing is in Europe.

Harley-Davidson Street 750 for India: Unveiled @ Goa-94.jpg

Harley-Davidson Street 750 for India: Unveiled @ Goa-2014xgames21.jpg

Harley-Davidson Street 750 for India: Unveiled @ Goa-b99190258z_1_20140123201821_000_gtn4ghr2_10.jpg

Harley-Davidson Street 750 for India: Unveiled @ Goa-b99190258z_1_20140123201821_000_gtn4ghr4_10.jpg

Harley-Davidson Street 750 for India: Unveiled @ Goa-harleystreet750iceracin.jpg

Some more .....

Harley-Davidson Street 750 for India: Unveiled @ Goa-iceracingforums.jpg

Harley-Davidson Street 750 for India: Unveiled @ Goa-maxresdefault.jpg

Harley-Davidson Street 750 for India: Unveiled @ Goa-maxresdefault1.jpg

Harley-Davidson Street 750 for India: Unveiled @ Goa-streetice.jpg

Harley-Davidson Street 750 for India: Unveiled @ Goa-watchtheharleydavidsonstreet750iceracingvideo756557.jpg

Note that all the rear wheels have been converted to spoked ones.

Last edited by ebonho : 15th March 2014 at 14:56.
Old 15th March 2014, 15:32   #184
vcx
BHPian

Guys, pls go have a look and ride it then come back with views, to compare we can compare Ducati's to Pulsar's in dimensions too.

So suggest leave the specs to manufactures and go with what you see and experience.

I have also driven Iron 883, and it's the seating is not much of difference.

This is a baby knight rod!
vcx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2014, 16:32   #185
vcx
BHPian

[quote=mobike008;3391508]Looks like we Hydeez have quick access to all new and good things in life compared to our friends across india

Thanks for a nice review. Good to know Street 750 is better in performance than how it looks which I am not a fan of as I agree looks like a Bajaj Avenger due its low height and slight rounded overall look.

In lower range HD's, my favorite is Iron 883 and it looks simply gorgeous.
Will test ride the HD 750 soon and will post my feedback here

We both are almost similar personality with me being 6.1 tall and here is a comparison of how I look on Iron 883 vs. yourself on HD 750 just to compare the size of both these bikes

6.1ft Big framed on Iron 883

Sure Avi, pls. Do the TD. Yes we both have similar body frames ;-).

My focus of the test drive was on engine and it's response and handling, what really still keeps me bothering are the overall packaging aspects (exposed sockets, wiring harness, mrf's), that said at 5 lacs it meets the escape velocity from the unusual racing stance , naked type bikes and the classics that have haunted with its age old issues since my dad's days.

The best part of street was the seating positing and engine so far, but on the down side felt braking was not up to the mark.

Like to see views coming up keeping in view its a new segment, pricing.
Old 15th March 2014, 18:21   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
Also 2 seperate users including uploader of above video(at street forum) who have booked their bike have said that the dealer told them 0-100 is in less than 4 sec stock form !!! V-rod does it in 3.1-3.5 sec depending on model. While not confirmed , that is certainly a serious performance number especially for a bike of this weight.

Bonneville EFI is 4.9secs . A street 750 doing sub 4 would be a manic experience.
absynthguzzler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2014, 18:47   #187
Senior - BHPian

It does look puny in your pictures @vcx, though when I felt it in the flesh, it seemed a nice fit for a 6 footer 95kg person like me. Why is the front cowl missing on this bike? I thought that was standard installation? It looks hideous without it. I am also interested in your back to back riding experience vis-a'-vis the Iron which you seem to have also ridden. How does these two compare in terms of acceleration and performance?

And please, please, please do not ride in those sandals, ever! It's sacrilege... or even get photographed.

Last edited by dkaile : 15th March 2014 at 19:06.
Old 15th March 2014, 19:03   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
And please, please, please do not ride in those sandals, ever! It's sacrilege...
He clearly mentioned in his post that HD guys provided him shoes for the test drive.
Old 15th March 2014, 19:10   #189
vcx
BHPian

@dkalie, ya you are spot on that in person the bike looks much appealing and meets the match. The faring on the front was for some reason removed by the showroom folks as they mentioned that they are trying out few accessories from the current HD's models to Street 750.

Most pictures making rounds are so that, one could easily feel its small, in fact, I had the same feeling all through that many mentioned on tbhp, more so when the unveiling happened with the HD India sat on it.

Most of my doubts were sorted when the Milwaukee engine is mated with the Masala Land. :-)

I had driven iron 883 few months back, not along with street 750, but one thing I can surely say is Iron: appeal wise is more refined, well packaged,peanut shaped fuel tank just grows on you, the engine and the handling are true to Harley's the cursing DNA, in the stop - go situation, I personally felt a bit taking its time to kick in that torque, the dynamics are super, the corners handling isn't confident especially on our roads conditions.

Iron's go well on smooth cursing and long drives like the tribe well suited for its jungle.

Excuse me folks for those sandals it was in a rush, I just jumped into my Splurgy( Civic) and drove down to HD showroom, thankfully they offered me the HD shoes along with the helmet for its 4kms test ride.

Purely Engine wise , I can say Street would beat Iron for its responsiveness and handling, however Iron will win by its typical Harley's growl, product overall packaging and mind you the 2014 colours in Iron 883 and Super low are so good!, I ll click those snaps sometime soon.
vcx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2014, 01:59   #190
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note: Please continue the discussion on the 750 Review Thread. Thanks!

Last edited by mobike008 : 21st March 2014 at 17:19. Reason: Edited the comment and kept only the MOD Note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks