Team-BHP - Harley-Davidson Street 750 for India: Unveiled @ Goa
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Harley-Davidson Street 750 for India: Unveiled @ Goa (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/146755-harley-davidson-street-750-india-unveiled-goa-8.html)

Let me add, chennai seems to be 4.69 on-road, 30k booking amount, June delivery. Display bike from March 1st and test ride by March end or April 1st week. Will be visiting them on March 1st and if my wife likes, will be paying the booking amount.

After test ride, will decide if I will go ahead or withdraw the booking.

Street 750 Delhi/Haryana/UP Pricing. 4.54L on-road at Meerut U.P.

Harley-Davidson Street 750 for India: Unveiled @ Goa-street-750-pricing-delhi-up.jpg

And Delhi Booking Form with terms and conditions. Booking Amount is 30K and cancellation amount is 15K.

MyStreet750Delhi.pdf

The break up I got from Hyd HD showroom for Street Matt/Denim Black is as follows:

1. Ex-Showroom: 4,17,290
2. Registration(Lifetax+TR): 37,556
3. Insurance: 10,017
4. Handling charges: 15,000

OTR: 4,79,863/-

Does Ex-showroom price vary from state to state too? Also, the handling charges seem too expensive for a bike!! :Frustrati

Also, if you cancel the booking after paying the booking amount of Rs.30,000, you lose Rs.15,000 out of it towards 'service charges'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by getsurya (Post 3379506)
Also, if you cancel the booking after paying the booking amount of Rs.30,000, you lose Rs.15,000 out of it towards 'service charges'.

Which means, I will wait I test ride the bike before booking.

I will prolly book it if they atleast start the display bike and let me rev it to check out exhaust note and vibrations because there is no other option for me in the market. If they don't , then I doubt I will visit them again in a hurry. So far the motorcycle has dissapointed ON PAPER when it comes to the expected performance as well as fuel economy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by basuroy (Post 3379788)
I will prolly book it if they atleast start the display bike and let me rev it to check out exhaust note and vibrations because there is no other option for me in the market. If they don't , then I doubt I will visit them again in a hurry. So far the motorcycle has dissapointed ON PAPER when it comes to the expected performance as well as fuel economy.

I don't think that revving the bike should be an issue in the showroom, they are always more than happy to do that for any customer who walks in. My insider tells me they should have a test ride bike within 7~15 days of launch. BTW why has the bike disappointed you with about 53bhp of power and 25kmpl of FE? I think that's on expected lines. The bike should be capable of 150+kmph speeds which I think is an overkill for Indian roads anyways. Though I am still sceptical whether the purists will treat it as an authentic Harley, call me an oldie if you wish, but it is still a great machine for today's generation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3379844)
BTW why has the bike disappointed you with about 53bhp of power and 25kmpl of FE?

Dheeraj is this some new info? On this thread we have been discussing 33 bhp for the 500 and 46 for the 750. Also where did you get the 25 kmpl figure from? Company claimed, or ARAI tested?

Quote:

I think that's on expected lines.
When you say expected, do you mean expected for Harleys in particular or expected for 750 cc V twins in general?

Quote:

The bike should be capable of 150+kmph speeds which I think is an overkill for Indian roads anyways.
I do too. Does not make me want a genuine 200+ bike any less. Especialy when I have a sedan and an SUV that can both do 180+ on the same roads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonho (Post 3379849)
Dheeraj is this some new info? On this thread we have been discussing 33 bhp for the 500 and 46 for the 750. Also where did you get the 25 kmpl figure from? Company claimed, or ARAI tested?

The 53 bhp is the estimated figure as per most reviewers including by Autocar - http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...-373429,0.aspx . The 25kmpl figure was told to me by the Harley experts at IBW 2014. When my 883 is giving me a figure of about 20kmpl, then that is on expected lines. Harley's are never meant to be racers. If top speed is all you want then I would suggest that you kindly look elsewhere. I for one want a genuine cruiser with enough attention to detail and long lasting quality thrown in, for which Harley has always been at the forefront.

Looking around the net i see figures from 46,50,53,60 and even 65bhp.Torque figures from 50-65Nm.Respectable numbers.Its interesting to see that this priced almost at par with the Ninja 300.Cross shopping anyone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3379853)
The 53 bhp is the estimated figure as per most reviewers including by Autocar - http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...-373429,0.aspx . The 25kmpl figure was told to me by the Harley experts at IBW 2014. When my 883 is giving me a figure of about 20kmpl, then that is on expected lines. Harley's are never meant to be racers. If top speed is all you want then I would suggest that you kindly look elsewhere. I for one want a genuine cruiser with enough attention to detail and long lasting quality thrown in, for which Harley has always been at the forefront.

Appears you are correct. Even this article claims 54 bhp - which I agree is pretty decent and par for the course - esp. when you compare to similar genre liquid cooled 750 cc V twins like the Honda Shadow VT750 (though that was launched in 1980 - 34 years ago).

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/11/04...at-eicma-2013/

Looking forward to both these bikes with renewed hope now.

P.S. Top speed is not all I want. I want to get there very quick as well. But I want a lot else too. A good firm ride. Great handling. Great high speed characteristics. Good ground clearance. Tough suspension and chassis. Good tyres. Good touring tank range. A reasonable fuel efficiency. Great headlights. Good reliability and oil tightness and mechanical sturdiness (otherwise also called appetite for abuse). Slick gearbox. Lightweight and low bulk.

P.P.S. A reasonable top end does not automatically make a bike a "racer." Most modern big cruisers top 200 kmph. Not sport tourers. Cruisers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonho (Post 3379867)
But I want a lot else too. A good firm ride. Great handling. Great high speed characteristics. Good ground clearance. Tough suspension and chassis. Good tyres. Good touring tank range. A reasonable fuel efficiency. Great headlights. Good reliability and oil tightness and mechanical sturdiness (otherwise also called appetite for abuse). Slick gearbox. Lightweight and low bulk.

P.P.S. A reasonable top end does not automatically make a bike a "racer." Most modern big cruisers top 200 kmph. Not sport tourers. Cruisers.

Though majority of your requirements can only be validated after detailed test ride reports are out, what I can foresee is this (on a scale of 1 to 5) based on extensive feedback from actual testers -
Ride - 4, Handling - 4, High Speed Stability - 4, Ground clearance - 3 (by Indian standards), Suspension - 4, Chassis - 4, Tyres - 2, Touring Tank - 3, FE - 3, Headlights - 3, Reliability - 5, Mechanical Sturdiness - 4, Gearbox - 4, Bulk - 3.

I would like to see how many bikes costing 4.5L (or cars for that matter) can do 200kmph, especially cruisers, reliably and consistently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkaile (Post 3379844)
I don't think that revving the bike should be an issue in the showroom, they are always more than happy to do that for any customer who walks in. My insider tells me they should have a test ride bike within 7~15 days of launch. BTW why has the bike disappointed you with about 53bhp of power and 25kmpl of FE? I think that's on expected lines. The bike should be capable of 150+kmph speeds which I think is an overkill for Indian roads anyways. Though I am still sceptical whether the purists will treat it as an authentic Harley, call me an oldie if you wish, but it is still a great machine for today's generation.

glad to know they let customers rev it in showroom .:)

On the dissapointment part , the BHP figure going around is 44bhp though some claim it is rear wheel BHP(which adds up with the 53 bhp claim which I guess will be crank) in which case it is defo good. If it is 44 crank then it is dissapointing though not a deal breaker . To avoid dissapointment in future , im sticking to 44 crank as I prefer to be pleasantly surprised later on. Top speed is not important(though it is always good to know) , acceleration is more important especially in speed below 120 and the higher rev limit suggests it should perform well in that segment. However the Iron 883cc is roughly 50bhp at crank , both chandigarh and delhi all but confirmed the street won't match iron in performance so that raises doubt about the 50+bhp figures .

Fuel efficiency should be 25+ highway and atleast 20 in city but when 4/5 dealers give me the figure of 15-20 for city , I find it unsatisfactory. Only delhi guy(paras) qouted a 25 figure for city.

On the engineering aspect of the motor , virtually every v-rod enthusiast has called it a mini v-rod(and given their vote of approval on paper) and that is one of the biggest reason I have all but finalised the deal.

Here comes couple of pictures of HD 750 at Hyd...display from tomorrow.

^I really despise that Bajaj Boxer style headlight cover. It puts that whole Harley feel off. That would be the first thing I take off it.

Is Harley coming up with any dealer in Kanpur or Lucknow in near future?