Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2014, 16:48   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Comparison Report: Harley Davidson Iron 883 vs Triumph Bonneville

Congratulations Mobike. I can feel the happiness all the way in BLR. Ride safe! Cant wait to read the ownership reports.

Do the showroom guys let one touch and feel the Rocket III??Dare i ask if they let one take a test ride?
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 17:53   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grplr02 View Post
Mobike008 – thanks for starting a very informative thread. Thanks also to everybody else who tested and shared their experiences riding a Triumph on this thread. And congratulations to all the new Triumph owners of India. I hope to join your ranks in the near future!

As for all your reviews, so happy to hear the experiences mirror my own of having owned a Bonneville recently. I wrote about my experiences of owning one in a different thread – see pg. 53 here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...g-48-a-53.html
Thanks for the wishes. Firstly, I must commend on your writing style. It is very interesting and fun to read

I thought you are a Bonnie owner? Also do post a picture of you with your ride. I like seeing the man behind the machine as thats more interesting than the machine itself..LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Time for sharing some pics of the delivery
Thanks bro for turning up at the event. Will share a few more pictures of the delivery soon. Work is keeping me tied up most part of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Welcome to the Triumph family and that too with one of the best of the family
Thank You. This sentence is music to my ears. Hope to enjoy it for a long time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Congrats Avi! Ghassi peesi ne vaparje! (Parsi talk for use it well, use it hard)
Iam sure I will use it well but, not sure if i can ride it as hard as you normally would..Haha!! Didnt know you are a Parsi. I had some friends in Pune back then....Fun to be around them

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Yeah..yeah! The celebrity cult at the delivery scene would make movie stars turn green in envy!
Thanks Srikanth. Yeah, the event was no less than a celebrity event. Traffic on road stopped and even unknown people were taking my pics..Felt really embarrased

Triumph has done their market research quite well unlike most other international brands and have priced their products competitively, opened dealerships in places they known would sell faster. Btw, Hyderabad happens to be one of the most revered destinations for most manafacturers to open their dealerships due to craze of folks out here who will break a limb to book a popular branded automobile before anybody else

Yesterday, there were 4 Bonneville's delivered including mine. There was a group of 2-3 guys who came all the way from Goa and bought 3 Triumph Bonneville T100 and were taking delivery and going back to Goa.

I think about 15-20 Bonnies already sold within the first month in Hyderabad

Looks like Triumph Bonneville has kick-started a new tradition in a Triumph'iant way !!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 13th February 2014 at 17:55.
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 19:50   #183
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Avi!
Please do put up your review as soon as possible.
Waiting for the dealership to open in Bombay, take a test ride and let nature take its course.
Ride safe!
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 20:09   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations Avinash! Wish you many thousands of safe riding on the Bonnie.

Please post an ownership report , your style , and with lots of pics covering different angles of the bonnie!
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 20:52   #185
BHPian

Congrats avinash, ride safe and hopefully I am able to buy a triumph Byramji end (fingers crossed). I do plan to go for another test drive for triple this Saturday with a friends riding gear to see if I am still comfy with bike stance and riding in general.
sanketdesai82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 23:01   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks for the wishes. Firstly, I must commend on your writing style. It is very interesting and fun to read

I thought you are a Bonnie owner? Also do post a picture of you with your ride. I like seeing the man behind the machine as thats more interesting than the machine itself..LOL!
Firstly, congratulations on your brand new black Bonneville. Looks smashing! And what a reception committee you collected to help you celebrate your new ride - now that's camaraderie!!! Will be looking forward to a detailed ownership report & of course, more pics.

Thanks for your kind words re: my writing style - I try!!! Yes, I had a Bonneville, unfortunately an unplanned-for encounter last summer with a car running a red light left it in a bad shape. Thankfully I walked away from the incident with just bruises. Insurers declared the bike totaled and with the insurance payout I decided to try out a different bike that I was also interested in, a classic BMW R100 boxer twin from the 1980s, and that's what I have at present in the US. I also just picked up an RE Bullet 500 to add to the RE Electra 350 that I've had for a while. Now for a Triumph!!!

As for pics, my internet connection is really slow & spotty where I am right now so uploading pics will have to wait for a later date, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
Triumph has done their market research quite well unlike most other international brands and have priced their products competitively, opened dealerships in places they known would sell faster. Btw, Hyderabad happens to be one of the most revered destinations for most manafacturers to open their dealerships due to craze of folks out here who will break a limb to book a popular branded automobile before anybody else

Yesterday, there were 4 Bonneville's delivered including mine. There was a group of 2-3 guys who came all the way from Goa and bought 3 Triumph Bonneville T100 and were taking delivery and going back to Goa.

I think about 15-20 Bonnies already sold within the first month in Hyderabad

Looks like Triumph Bonneville has kick-started a new tradition in a Triumph'iant way !!!
Good to hear positive news about Triumph's dedicated & deliberate expansion into India. Eagerly looking forward for more dealerships opening in other parts of the country. If they don't expand into Eastern India (Kolkata dealership please?!) by later this year, I might just do what those Goa fellows did - pick up a Bonneville or a Thruxton from one of the existing dealers and ride it back home to Sikkim and Bhutan.
grplr02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 02:27   #187
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Avi,

So when are we going for the ride?
Dont forget to upgrade to the leather tan seat cover.

Four Triumphs delivered on the same day (3- T100s along with your bike)
Three of them were heading to Goa.

Sharing some more pictures from the delivery day.
Attached Thumbnails
Comparison Report: Harley Davidson Iron 883 vs Triumph Bonneville-img20140214wa0006.jpg  

Comparison Report: Harley Davidson Iron 883 vs Triumph Bonneville-img20140214wa0005.jpg  

Comparison Report: Harley Davidson Iron 883 vs Triumph Bonneville-img20140214wa0004.jpg  

Comparison Report: Harley Davidson Iron 883 vs Triumph Bonneville-img20140214wa0003.jpg  

Comparison Report: Harley Davidson Iron 883 vs Triumph Bonneville-img20140214wa0002.jpg  

Comparison Report: Harley Davidson Iron 883 vs Triumph Bonneville-img20140214wa0001.jpg  

Comparison Report: Harley Davidson Iron 883 vs Triumph Bonneville-img20140214wa0000.jpg  

Comparison Report: Harley Davidson Iron 883 vs Triumph Bonneville-img20140214wa0007.jpg  

ecosport rules is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 11:37   #188
BHPian

"When i finished my ride on Iron 883, I felt really nice and it gave me that special feeling that comes with being a Harley owner and now I know why that brand is loved and cherished and has a following which is unparalleled. But, when I finished my ride on Bonny, I didn't feel nice, not even happy. I was simply overjoyed !!!"

Mobike008, I was contemplating going over to the Triumph dealership in Bangalore to take a look at the Bonneville and these very lines (above) made me do it right yesterday, I took a small ride inside the dealership compound, liked the machine a lot and can't wait to do a proper test ride! The Bangalore dealership should offer test rides shortly. And I look forward to feeling the way you did when you rode it and that contented smile on my face...!
Prozac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 12:55   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Congratulations Avi,Four Triumphs delivered on the same day (3- T100s along with your bike)
Three of them were heading to Goa.
Thanks for sharing the pics. Will share some more during the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Congratulations Mobike. I can feel the happiness all the way in BLR. Ride safe! Cant wait to read the ownership reports.
Do the showroom guys let one touch and feel the Rocket III??Dare i ask if they let one take a test ride?
I was there last evening and there was a guy doing a TR of Tiger Explorer, was offered a TR but, I declined as I was in a hurry

Rocket III was on display and I asked them to start the motor. It was so loud, showroom was reverberating with the boom. Didnt dare ask them for a T/R but, going by my experience, iam sure they would have obliged

Btw, here is the info on Rocket III sold

1. Hyderabad
2. Gwalior
3. Hyderabad-The one on display last evening is also sold and to be delivered shortly

People splurging 25 lakhs on a bike seems to be pretty common these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by grplr02 View Post
Good to hear positive news about Triumph's dedicated & deliberate expansion into India. Eagerly looking forward for more dealerships opening in other parts of the country. If they don't expand into Eastern India (Kolkata dealership please?!) by later this year, I might just do what those Goa fellows did - pick up a Bonneville or a Thruxton from one of the existing dealers and ride it back home to Sikkim and Bhutan.
Thruxton is yet to be released. I think its releasing sometime this month

I doubt if Kolkatta will open by this year end. I think they will cover Pune, Mumbai, Delhi and maybe Chandigarh next.

You can always do a Delhi to Sikkim/Bhutan . An adventure ride immediately after delivery. But, you'll have to head back for your 1st service from middle of your journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
"When i finished my ride on Iron 883, I felt really nice and it gave me that special feeling that comes with being a Harley owner and now I know why that brand is loved and cherished and has a following which is unparalleled. But, when I finished my ride on Bonny, I didn't feel nice, not even happy. I was simply overjoyed !!!"

Mobike008, I was contemplating going over to the Triumph dealership in Bangalore to take a look at the Bonneville and these very lines (above) made me do it right yesterday, I took a small ride inside the dealership compound, liked the machine a lot and can't wait to do a proper test ride! The Bangalore dealership should offer test rides shortly. And I look forward to feeling the way you did when you rode it and that contented smile on my face...!
Nice to know you are contemplating the Bonnie. Riding the machine inside the compound sounds a little absurd to me. Iam wondering why Bangalore dealer is making people wait so long for a proper T/R?

Here in Hyderabad, they are doling our T/R for whichever bike you want.

Take the Bonnie out for a nice longish ride, preferably where there are lot of curves and then see how the Bonnie can carve those corners for you

Btw, dont forget to carry your cheque book along with you...

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th February 2014 at 12:57.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 13:04   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rocket III was on display and I asked them to start the motor. It was so loud, showroom was reverberating with the boom. Didnt dare ask them for a T/R but, going by my experience, iam sure they would have obliged

Btw, here is the info on Rocket III sold

1. Hyderabad
2. Gwalior
3. Hyderabad-The one on display last evening is also sold and to be delivered shortly

People splurging 25 lakhs on a bike seems to be pretty common these days
Thanks Mobike! Sorry to divert again. I honestly wouldnt mind dumping 25 lakhs on the Rocket III. Ive been keeping an eye on the HD night rod but as soon as I saw the Rocket III. I was floored. Have started a personal finance plan to have one by the end of the year.

A few details required on your T100. Im sorry if I am repeating a question asked by someone else. Just couldnt find the post in this topic.

What is the tank capacity of the T100?
Service intervals? Are any of them free? (sorry if i sound a bit cheap )
Have you checked out their service station yet?
Old 14th February 2014, 13:09   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
A few details required on your T100. Im sorry if I am repeating a question asked by someone else. Just couldnt find the post in this topic.

What is the tank capacity of the T100?
Service intervals? Are any of them free? (sorry if i sound a bit cheap )
Have you checked out their service station yet?
Nice to know your contemplating the Rocket III

Answers to your queries

1. Mine is a Bonneville SE and not T100. Both have same tank capacity 16L

2. 1st Service is 800kms/1 Month. Next at 10,000kms and thereafter every 10,000kms. No free service. 1st service for Bonnie is expected to be around 6K-7K . They are still deciding the pricing, will know soon

3. Yes. Its in basement of their showroom
Old 14th February 2014, 13:55   #192
BHPian

congrats again avi , i will have wait for another 6 months ,trying to convince my wife and slowly building the kitty .
Old 14th February 2014, 18:05   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1. Mine is a Bonneville SE and not T100. Both have same tank capacity 16L
Congrats mate, am sure many have already said good things about the bike and let me silent about it. For sure this is a fantastic bike and I felt this does pack in much more usable power when compared to others in its line of sight.

Would be very interested if Kawasaki fellas launch the W800 as I think there is a good market for this.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 23:16   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,

Bonnie came home this evening. Iam still in a dream.
As expected. Congratulations. So, will the RE share the stable with the Bonnie?

- Sai
Vihari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2014, 13:18   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Would be very interested if Kawasaki fellas launch the W800 as I think there is a good market for this.
Yeah that would make things very interesting but, even though both Bonnie and W800 having similar characteristics, isnt the W800 a wee bit under powered in comparison? Its a 773cc parallel twin motor with just 48 PS while the weight is almost equivalent to a Bonnie ( 217kgs vs. 225 kgs)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vihari View Post
As expected. Congratulations. So, will the RE share the stable with the Bonnie?
Thanks Sai. At the moment, no plans to let go of my beloved Classic 500, it has its own charm. Now I can ride that at the speed its supposed to be ridden ( 80kmph-90kmph) and enjoy its glorious thump instead of the way I was wringing the poor thing's neck
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks