Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2014, 08:28   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhardwhu View Post

Do you think we have a bluetooth headset which can take care of both music with bass and sound clarity?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Let me tell you that i dont have first hand experience with any of the BT modules other than SENA, i made decision totally based on experience of my friends with different modules like Sena,scala..etc

I decided on SENA primiarliy because its very easy to operate when we ride(you can answer the call with just voice command,just a tap on the big knob is enough to connect with others and even the volume control knob is very easy to operate)
And the other reason being most of my friends whom i ride frequently with use sena,so the decision isnt really though!

Music clarity and voice clarity during calls is amazing, it just lacks the bass which we are used to.This doesnt bother much once you get used to it.You can check out the reviews to compare the sound clarity between different models

All the best with your purchase 😊

Regards,
Harsha
Old 5th May 2014, 10:40   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhardwhu View Post
Do you think we have a bluetooth headset which can take care of both music with bass and sound clarity?
Himanshu, do take a look at the below threads:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...yclists-2.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...my-helmet.html

I am planning on picking up a Sena SMH10 myself in a couple of months.
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 17:49   #33
BHPian

After returning from the ride on last saturday, i realised that the tyre is totally bald and badly needs replacement(i could see the metal strings in the center part).

Anticipating the replacement,I have been trying to source metzeler 190/50 tyre from long time.After lot of searching here and there,i finally found the tyre at "Lets gear up", banglore.However the tyre will reach me only after couple of days!

Luckily a used 200/50 metzeler is available with my friend which is in lot better shape than mine.So decided to ride with that till my tyre arrives,got the tyre changed the same day

I must admit that it looks massive and i am totally in love with it

Coming to performance, I feel that with 200/50 the bike is more stable in straights and requires relatively more effort to lean when compared to 190/55.
However i am not sure if it is just the psychological feeling or not.
One weekend highway run should be enough to re-confirm my initial observations

Attaching pic of bike with 200/50:
Attached Thumbnails
Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_9043.jpg  

Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_8955.jpg  

harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 17:59   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
I must admit that it looks massive and i am totally in love with it.

Coming to performance, I feel that with 200/50 the bike is more stable in straights and requires relatively more effort to lean when compared to 190/55.
However i am not sure if it is just the psychological feeling or not.
One weekend highway run should be enough to re-confirm my initial observations

Attaching pic of bike with 200/50:
Please post more pictures of the tyre. I want to see how the bike looks from side profile.

So the tyre has a smaller side wall thickness as compared to the older one you had. Right? Is the ride rough due to it or not noticeable?

Anurag.
Old 8th May 2014, 18:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I feel that with 200/50 the bike is more stable in straights and requires relatively more effort to lean when compared to 190/55. However i am not sure if it is just the psychological feeling or not.
Sir, I share your thoughts on this too.

When I fitted the 140/70/17 Pirelli Sport Demon tire (stock 130 profile was unavailable) on the rear wheel of the Ninja, I could immediately feel the bike behaving better on the straights - lesser tramlining and also slightly more lazy to lean in on the corners.
Old 8th May 2014, 18:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Luckily a used 200/50 metzeler is available with my friend which is in lot better shape than mine.So decided to ride with that till my tyre arrives,got the tyre changed the same day
The bike surely looks killer! But hope you switch to the new tire soon. It seems that the tread wear indicator (TWI) is almost out of the center groove.

Last edited by n_aditya : 8th May 2014 at 18:27. Reason: expanded TWI
Old 8th May 2014, 19:40   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Please post more pictures of the tyre. I want to see how the bike looks from side profile.

So the tyre has a smaller side wall thickness as compared to the older one you had. Right? Is the ride rough due to it or not noticeable?
Sorry to disappoint you anurag, i don't have any side profile pics on this tyre.
Should be able to post some pics by sunday.

The new tyre has taller side wall than the older one(200/50 is the new and 190/50 is the old) and I dint observe any noticeable change in the ride quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Sir, I share your thoughts on this too.

When I fitted the 140/70/17 Pirelli Sport Demon tire (stock 130 profile was unavailable) on the rear wheel of the Ninja, I could immediately feel the bike behaving better on the straights - lesser tramlining and also slightly more lazy to lean in on the corners.
I had 140/70 PSD on my ninja for a brief period(1000kms).Apart from what you have already mentioned, i also felt that the acceleration has decreased a little when compared to 130 profile.So shifted back to 130 again!
But advised it for the many who are not much bothered about that "little" decrease in acceleration

P.S: Please just call me harsha, no need for sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
The bike surely looks killer! But hope you switch to the new tire soon. It seems that the tread wear indicator (TWI) is almost out of the center groove.
You got it right, The tyre is good for 400-500kms at the best and i don't intend to do nothing more than that

Thanks for the concern, the tyre is being shipped as i am typing this and should reach me by saturday afternoon

Regards,
harsha
Old 15th May 2014, 13:31   #38
BHPian

Did a breakfast ride of nearly 240 Kms last saturday with few other friends and the rides for the day are triumph bonevilles(t100 as well as SE's), hyosung gt650, ninja 250s and yours truly on fz1!

We rode to hotel malgudi which is on NH7 towards nagpur and located at roughly 110 Kms from hyderabad. Personally this is my favourite place for short ride from city, thanks to long sweeping corners and relatively less traffic especially during early hours.

The riding while going is amazing mainly because of the wonderful weather and very less traffic. The return journey was little bit tiresome because of traffic and more to me because i stay in exactly the opposite part of city and had to ride in bumper to bumper traffic for 45 mins

Adding two pics from the ride as avi(mobike008) has added few pics from the same ride on this thread :

Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_9564.jpg

Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_9540.jpg

Few other additions i have done on the bike :

1. METZELER M5 SPORTEC TYRE

Finally after long search and wait, the tyre reached me on monday.Got the tyre in stock size i.e 190/50. Stuck to metzeler this time as i just need to replace the rear tyre and its not a good idea to have different pattern tyres in front and rear.

Will be shifting to michelin next time, either pilot road2 or 2CT depending on the availability.

This tyre lasted me for around 6500 kms and i am totally satisfied with the grip it offered

Got this from Lets gear up,Banglore. It was a good experience dealing with them.
Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_9881.jpg

Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_9883.jpg

2.RJAYS BIKE COVER

I always wanted to get this bike cover as it offers perfect fit and the quality is very good too.The inside of the cover is lined by smooth cloth thus preventing the scratches on bike.Must say that i am totally happy with this cover
It has got very good locking mechanism too.

I have used car cover & bike cover which are meant for bullet. But i was never satisfied with the quality and fit of those covers.

Got this from Bachoo motors,mumbai.
Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_0058.jpg

Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_0061.jpg

3.PAZZO LONG FOLDING LEVERS(RED)

This is mainly to add some bling to the bike and pazzos are always in wish list,so finally took the plunge and got them.However i changed only the clutch lever as the brake lever doesn't fit on the brembo set-up(which is not OEM)

I stuck to folding levers as they dont break in case of small fall(i hope i will never get a chance to test them)

Bought them from Performance racing store,mumbai.

Attaching a pic for reference(downloaded from internet)
Do note that this is "Non-folding" one.
Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-pazzo.jpg

4. SOL HELMET
Always wanted to solid colour helmet with little bit of personalisation on it. So chosen the SOL as i heard very good reviews from friends who are using it.Chosen the white colour as it goes well with fizzy

Got this from Lets gear up,banglore.

Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_9884.jpg

Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_9885.jpg
harsha.muvva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2014, 16:07   #39
BHPian

Unlike every week,couldn't ride this saturday because of unavoidable reasons.To compensate that did a short impromptu ride along with 2 of my friends on ninja 650's.

Apart from local commuting(which is nothing short of sitting oven on wheels experience),this is my first proper ride after getting the tyre changed,must mention that i thoroughly enjoyed the grip METZELER offered.

Meanwhile spent sometime this week searching for some good PC5 maps as i felt the need of more power at lower rpm's.After searching a lot finally found a map which suits my requirements,modified it a little with help of a friend of mine and loaded it.It worked,now she is making power from as low as 3.5k rpm.Totally satisfied with the map
Attached Thumbnails
Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_0949.jpg  

Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_0951.jpg  

Old 8th June 2014, 18:46   #40
BHPian

Another weekend,another ride.

Did a short ride of 200 kms on the banglore highway.The turn-out for this ride was pretty decent which includes Aprila RSV4, triumph 800 xc,hyosung gt650,couple of bonnies and yours truly on fz1!

Thanks to the hot summer and full gear its becoming very difficult to do a proper long rides,waiting for the monsoons to come,so that we can have some fun on the srisailam ghats and spend some relaxing time in the dense forest

Few pics from the ride :

Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_1741-1.jpg
Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_1747-1.jpg
Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_1771.jpg
Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_1774-1.jpg
Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_1772-1.jpg

Regards,
Harsha
harsha.muvva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2014, 13:48   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Another weekend,another ride.

Did a short ride of 200 kms on the banglore highway.The turn-out for this ride was pretty decent which includes Aprila RSV4, triumph 800 xc,hyosung gt650,couple of bonnies and yours truly on fz1!
It was indeed an awesome ride. Our saturday rides are now slowly but, steadily becoming an addiction

You forgot to mention your pal's Ninja 650

I would have to admit the highlight of this ride was your friend's Aprilia RSV4...What a mad mad bike. I though your exhuast is very loud but, it was getting completely drowned by the super loud RSV4 exhaust and he rode quite well too

You rode the RSV4 for almost 50kms. lSo how about a short comparison of the FZ1 vs Aprilia RSV4. Would be interesting to know them. And, those handle bars are so low, its almost shocking how anyone can ride a bike

Sharing a few pics from my end

Yummy Dosa

Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_20140607_074629.jpg

Yummier RSV4....LOL

Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_20140607_083012.jpg

Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_20140607_084827.jpg

Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_20140607_084857.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2014, 20:27   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
It was indeed an awesome ride. Our saturday rides are now slowly but, steadily becoming an addiction
I am already thinking about where we should ride this saturday

Quote:
You rode the RSV4 for almost 50kms. lSo how about a short comparison of the FZ1 vs Aprilia RSV4. Would be interesting to know them. And, those handle bars are so low, its almost shocking how anyone can ride a bike
I do ride his RSV4 very often,so i can give you detailed feedback about the same. But let me tell you before hand that comparing FZ1 and RSV4 is like comparing chalk and cheese.The only similarity in both of them is 1000cc,4 cylinder engine.

I absolutely love everything about the RSV4 except the sound track,i will any day prefer the smooth inline-4 hum which sounds too good at high-rpms(this again is a personal preference).

The RSV4 has huge amount of power everywhere in the rev-range,the v4 engine i always angry and eager to jump.This particular rsv4 has performance mods like air-filter,exhaust and race-ecu which bumps the power considerably when compared to the stock one.Thanks to the grunt it has,you don't have to plan much before taking a corner.Throttle response is too good.

The things which makes rsv4 so special are its handling and electronics.

It just handles like a 250cc bike and this is what makes it very desirable and special when compared to its competitors. The first time i rode it, i found it difficult to believe that it actually is a litre class bike.Its very easy and fun to throw it around the corners.Almost everyone who rode RSV4 will definitely fall in love with its handling

The electronics on this bike requires special mention too.I can easily say that it has almost all the possible electronics&safety gadgets and they work very well and at the same time do not take the fun of riding. It has got power modes,traction control,wheelie control,quick shifter,abs,launch mode...etc.
For the quality and features it has I feel its totally worth the money

I think i need not comment about the looks and quality as you have already felt in person and in all probability loved it totally!

Having said all this i would any day prefer a naked bike purely for its relatively practical ergonomics.Even though i love the the supersports position and the way they handles, its just difficult to live with them on daily basis(Just imagine going from LB nagar to gachibowli with such riding position)

But i would love to have a supersport 1000 cc bike giving company to FZ1 in my garage(may be few years down the line)

Regards,
harsha
harsha.muvva is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 11:14   #43
BHPian

Had an amazing ride to nagarjuna sagar last saturday,14 of us went on a ride.
The ride included all types of bikes like couple of ninja250's,ninja 650,HD superlow,HD streetbob,aprilia rsv4,triumph 800xc,bonnies(hadnful of them) and yours truly on Fz1.

We left hyderabad by 7:00 AM and luckily for us the weather was too good(cloudy) and took a different route than the regular hyderabad-nagarjuma sagar.This route has typical 4-lane highway for almost half the way and after that it was normal two lane roads which are fun to ride on in their own way!

Immediately after we reached the place,we decided to relax for while in the pool and then proceed for the dam&other places.Meanwhile few of us decided to visit the places,return to the hotel and then relax.

Within couple of hours we had our lunch(which included the delicious fish fry)and decided to start on journey in different route.It started raining heavily once we were half way which forced us to stop in a village and to our luck we could find chai&pakoda and relished over them.As there were no signs of the rains stopping,we decided to go ahead in the rain.Thanks to the rain in last leg of ride,I felt fresh even after returning home!

Must say that i thoroughly enjoyed riding in rain after a long time and the fresh smell of rain made brought back me the memories of my first ride from mumbai to hyderabad.This definitely is nice kick-start to the upcoming monsoon riding season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

Monsoons are coming and can't wait to see the rain rides. Your fetching the bike from Bombay to here (& its pictures) still cloud my memory.
The season is here,I felt nostalgic by the end of ride and remembered you asking me to post pics of mud-bathed Fz.Posting couple of such pics

Attaching pics from my mobile for now.Will upload pics from my friends DSLR once i get hold of them!

Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-photo15.jpg
Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-photo16.jpg
Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-photo14.jpg
Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-photo17.jpg
Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-photo3.jpg
Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-photo1.jpg
Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-photo4.jpg
Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-photo6.jpg
Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-photo12.jpg
Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-photo7.jpg
Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-photo19.jpg
Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-photo10.jpg
Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-photo5.jpg
Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-photo9.jpg

Last edited by harsha.muvva : 1st July 2014 at 11:16.
Old 7th November 2014, 02:48   #44
BHPian

Been a while since i have updated the thread as i couldn't ride much for close to 2 and half months as i got little busy with work and then fell sick for more than a month.So used this time to add some accessories and do some cosmetic changes to the bike, though i am satisfied with look for now, will change the bike color to something flashy few months down the line

In between got a detailed service done which included:

- Engine oil change(upon my mech's recommendation changed from Motul 300v to Xado fully synthetic oil)
- Oil filter was replaced,cleaned the airlifter(K&N) and coolant change
- Throttle body,injectors cleaning and also got compression checked in all the cylinders
- changed the brake-pads to EBC HH sintered ones in the front, these deserve a special mention, the feel&feedback is totally amazing.Even though these are little noisy when compared to the stock ones, i would any day choose the EBC ones over the OEM.

In addition to these also got the belly pan, led tail lamp with integrated indicators and stomp grips on to the bike.

Have done couple of breakfast rides in last weeks on my favourite NH7 towards nagpur and on the NH9 towards vijayawada.Attaching few pics from the rides!

Ride towards NH7(nagpur) accompanied by rsv4,speed triple,gt650 and couple of ninja 650's

Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_7730.jpg

Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_7733.jpg

Towards vijayawada on NH9 with my friend on speed triple, we exchanged the ride for 20kms.Though it was low on power when compared to my fz1, it dint fail to impress me.An amazing machine at that price

Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_9717.jpg

Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_9719.jpg

Story of my Fizzy Monster - The Yamaha FZ1-img_9722.jpg

Last edited by harsha.muvva : 7th November 2014 at 02:50.
harsha.muvva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 16:49   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

HM, been missing you for plenty of our rides.

Look forward to a ride with you soon ( tomorrow you guys enjoy the Srisailam ride and post some nice pics here)

The color that I strongly recommend is a Red and White combo or a full blue (Ford Fiesta S---same shade). Iam sure it will look awesome

Speed and FZ1 look almost identical except for very minor differences to the headlight and exhaust and side fairings.

FZ1 is raw on power and is blisteringly fast...
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks