Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2014, 11:21   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Harley-Davidson announces finance scheme for Street 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Its going to not sound like a Harley from any angle.
I fear that too. Otherwise there seems no rational explanation to this approach by Harley stealers.
Old 8th March 2014, 23:28   #32
BHPian

I heard and revved the bike today for 5 mins , yes it doesnt sounds like an iron or fatbob but it is still a unique exhaust note. Loud ? reasonably yes . Sounds like something between a lower revving harley and a SBK , that is expected because of engine architecture which is primarily performance oriented . I recorded about 30secs but it turned out bad , still better than nothing , one thing i noticed was a weird clanking sound from the motor which they excused as display bike irregularities. I will call it comparable to boneville for the lack of a better example , I have never heard a boneville in real life(only youtube vids( so cant say if it is louder than the triumph which many claim is muted .

Vid sucks bigtime , not as wheezy as it sounds on revving but I hope it gives you all an idea.

Last edited by basuroy : 8th March 2014 at 23:41.
basuroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2014, 08:02   #33
Senior - BHPian

Thanks bro. It definitely does not sound like a Harley. Hope it does not move like one either. That would be a good trade-off.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2014, 08:52   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
I will call it comparable to boneville for the lack of a better example , I have never heard a boneville in real life(only Youtube vids( so cant say if it is louder than the triumph which many claim is muted .
Woah, is this for real. That exhaust note sounds eerily like stock Bonnie exhaust. Definetly not the typical Harley sound

Not sure if that will be a deal breaker for many prospective buyers as its one of the primary factor for buying a Harley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Hope it does not move like one either. That would be a good trade-off.
...+1

Yesterday, I rode the Harley Davidson Superglide (1600cc) on highway and will post a short impression on my Bonnie thread
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2014, 09:30   #35
BANNED

That sounds like the 2006 Thunderbird AVL engine! (one word) Disappointing.

So, the rumors were true. If you want an entry level 'proper Harley', it's still the Iron 883.

@adrena, I would recommend you take your refund and get an Iron.
Old 9th March 2014, 17:17   #36
BHPian

@TheDevil I did ride the Iron. While it may be a great bike, I'm willing to take my chances with something new & far lower down the cost ladder. Iron is a clunky machine with a lot of get up and go. Street, on the other hand, has such a good feel about it. If they've researched and heard so many people. I feel like this is the one to ride to work every day.

Did I tell you guys about my research on replacing the shifter with a heel-toe one? Guess that is for another thread. Need it to protect my shoes.
Old 9th March 2014, 19:16   #37
BHPian

The boneville might not match the original triumph or harleys in engine note but its blows all of them out of competion in performance , if the street can do that and it should considering it is a mini v-rod , it will be a worthy trade-off. That said it is not a bad note by any means , Dont base your judegement entirely on the video as the quality of sound is pretty bad but yes it is nowhere near the heavy sound of the fatboy which i also tested out .

The big question remains though - PERFORMANCE. So far we know next to nothing about that and handling . If it fails in performance sector , it will be a dissapointment atleast for me.

I'm 6'1 btw and 90kg and found the stock seat comfortable . Inseam was not cramped as I found in my first visit(tighter jeans I guess) , Feets are firmly planted . i'm however hitting the gym for building some upper body strength because inspite of being the lightest harley , it still heavy .

And bike cant be started in gear , I tested that out and it is the case with the display bike. Dad found the thing so stupid that he commented they prolly tampered with the display bike or something XD
Old 9th March 2014, 21:44   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
The boneville might not match the original triumph or harleys in engine note but its blows all of them out of competion in performance
Yesterday rode a Harley Davidson Superglide Custom (1600cc monster). Will post a short note of my riding impression soon.

However, it was suprising that it couldnt keep up with Bonneville on 30kms stretch which was not entirely twisty but, had several sweeping turns and long straights too ( small 2-lane road) with zero traffic and rider is an experienced one with nearly 15+ years of riding experience and owned many cult bikes

That was an eye opener for me
Old 9th March 2014, 22:22   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Yesterday rode a Harley Davidson Superglide Custom (1600cc monster). Will post a short note of my riding impression soon.

However, it was suprising that it couldnt keep up with Bonneville on 30kms stretch which was not entirely twisty but, had several sweeping turns and long straights too ( small 2-lane road) with zero traffic and rider is an experienced one with nearly 15+ years of riding experience and owned many cult bikes

That was an eye opener for me
actually by harley I only meant the 883cc iron or superlow which are priced similarly as boneville but the boneville triumphs( ) over them in performance. But aethetically , I'm a fan of the harley or the yamaha bolt . And I checked out the fatbob which is also 1600cc I think. THAT exhaust note !!!!

I have seen some youtube vids of these bikes normally filmed with go-pro , they are surely fast for their size . I also saw a super glide (blue color) that was on display but sold to a customer in orissa , I'm not sure how one rides a bike that big . MASSIVE.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks