Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2014, 11:07   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville: My "Black Bruiser" gets ARROW'ed !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
In the Ninja thread you talked about replacing your tyres.Why so? Not happy with the Metzelers?
Iam super elated with Metezlers. They are exactly like how Narula described in his thread

They stick to road like a leech and practically seem skidless ( have changed directions clock-wise and anti-clock wise in a hurry atleast 4-5 times) in emergency braking. Coming from riding bikes installed with indian tyres, i can feel a huge difference

My query on Ninja thread was just to understand if Metezlers are the best tyres or are their anything better, you could say advance planning when times comes to change my Bonnie's tyres...LOL!

Iam pleased to know that iam riding on one of the best tyres in the market

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipantS View Post
Do you feel any difference after changing the oil? Has it smoothen up??
I requested the ASC to remove the brake pads, clean them and reinstall as there was a slight squeal from rear discs when braking (Not sure if thats normal)

Even though its not part of 1st service schedule, they still heeded to my request. That squeal is gone now

Post service, Bonnie feels much "Tighter" and brakes seem to have added bite. Now their feel has improved from good to awesome
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 21:47   #152
BHPian

Hey avinash, would you be able to provide your reply to the post I made in the thread above for the insurance contact for your Bonnie and whether it is the same one as the one offered by Rebel and coverage, company etc?
Old 15th March 2014, 14:07   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Avi it was great meeting you in Hyderabad bro. Pity you did not come on your bruiser though. Would have loved to see it (and maybe take one of the pretty delegates out for a spin on it as well ......). Thanks for taking the time out to meet up. Look forward to catching up soon at leisure, and on bikes and in gear, rather than naukri formals.
Doc, it was lovely meeting you as well. We couldnt meet in a more conducive environment ( read...highway, gear, bikes )....and also that we could hardly spend more than a few minutes as you had to rush back to your pretty foreign delegates...lol!

There's always a next time.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Hey avinash, would you be able to provide your reply to the post I made in the thread above for the insurance contact for your Bonnie and whether it is the same one as the one offered by Rebel and coverage, company etc?
Sanket, Please send me an email at my handle name at gmail dot com for the information you are requesting
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2014, 14:10   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Doc, it was lovely meeting you as well. We couldnt meet in a more conducive environment ( read...highway, gear, bikes )....and also that we could hardly spend more than a few minutes as you had to rush back to your pretty foreign delegates...lol!

There's always a next time.....
Likewise bro. Would love to catch up and do a ride together.

Pretty with brains and a long list of degrees behind each name. An intimidating combination for most men.

I say most, because not all men get intimidated by such. To their eternal good fortune.
Old 16th March 2014, 20:53   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday went for another short ride with my friends.

There were 3 Triumph Bonneville's, 3 RE 500's, 1 Ninja 250

We decided it will be a quick ride + breakfast on the beautiful NH7 ( Nagpur highway) that has several long sweeping turns which I was taking at over 120kmph and felt really at home....

This ride also had some significance as it was first one after our 1st service and me and T100 rider wanted to explore the real Bonnie and omigosh, it didnt disappoint us at all as we breached some speeds thats not allowed to be mentioned here

There was a funny incident, me and T100 were riding in full gusto and there was a Maruti Dzire guy practically gunning his engine and we were overtaking him, slowing down and yet again rapidly putting some major distance between him and us.

He caught up with us (2 passengers included) when we slowed down at the Toll Plaza and all of them were heads pressed to window glass staring in disbelief at a bullet looking bike travelling like the wind and showed a thumbs up sign

Odometer reading after 1 month, 4 days of ownership

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140315_113202.jpg

Yesterday ride distance

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140315_113152.jpg

Hydeez Boys

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140315_102418.jpg

Smoke Break

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140315_082617.jpg

Robocop..LOL!!

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-20140315_085211.jpg

Triumph Twins !!!

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-20140315_084953.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2014, 22:17   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
There was a funny incident, me and T100 were riding in full gusto and there was a Maruti Dzire guy practically gunning his engine and we were overtaking him, slowing down and yet again rapidly putting some major distance between him and us.

He caught up with us (2 passengers included) when we slowed down at the Toll Plaza and all of them were heads pressed to window glass staring in disbelief at a bullet looking bike travelling like the wind and showed a thumbs up sign
This is a typical reaction, in India but not isolated to India. Even in UAE some guys driving some cars like cosmetically pimped up cars typicall below 1.6 litters, pretending to be high speed vehicles, shows this reaction when overtaken by some retro looking thing.

Regarding the speeds, (I know from our chat) you are already touching the top so go easy and enjoy the bike more.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 17th March 2014, 00:47   #157
Senior - BHPian

Avi, looking at the gas outlet of the exhausts of the two Bonnie variants, how does the T100 sound compared to yours. Am sure it would have more meat. You really do need to derestrict the opening of your pipes I feel. They are truly tiny for a 900 cc engine. These might be good for initial torque, but widening the openings will give you great revs and opening up at the top end. Ram may confirm, as I am not the expert here. Just my generic comments.
Old 17th March 2014, 01:09   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Avi, looking at the gas outlet of the exhausts of the two Bonnie variants, how does the T100 sound compared to yours. Am sure it would have more meat. You really do need to derestrict the opening of your pipes I feel. They are truly tiny for a 900 cc engine. These might be good for initial torque, but widening the openings will give you great revs and opening up at the top end. Ram may confirm, as I am not the expert here. Just my generic comments.
Bang on !

There are some Euro changes made to the Bonnie which primarily deal with sound suppression. Some of them are as follows

1.Intake air baffle in air-box to reduce "ram" effect i guess.
2.Exhaust baffle at very end which can be clearly spotted as a weld and not part of the original design ( pre 2009 i.e).
3. Secondary Air injection module to ensure that emission norms are met below a certain rpm range. Under part or no throttle, the O2 and MAF sensor take over the fuelling of bike and activate the air injection solenoids .

The T100 has the same . Reason why the reduced hole dia is not visible is because the baffle plate +pipe is set about half inch inside , unlike the end welds on standard Bonnie.
absynthguzzler is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2014, 01:56   #159
Senior - BHPian

So the solution (like in Bullets) is cheap and relatively simple. Break open the welds and rip those baffles out. Re-chrome if you need to.
Old 17th March 2014, 02:25   #160
BHPian

Quote:
So the solution (like in Bullets) is cheap and relatively simple. Break open the welds and rip those baffles out. Re-chrome if you need to.

wohooo! found a post that deserved a reply but didn't need words !

Here's what a "baffelectomy" does ( below 2000rpm probably, its nirvana post that )

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 17th March 2014 at 02:36.
absynthguzzler is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th March 2014, 11:15   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Bang on !

There are some Euro changes made to the Bonnie which primarily deal with sound suppression. Some of them are as follows

1.Intake air baffle in air-box to reduce "ram" effect i guess.
2.Exhaust baffle at very end which can be clearly spotted as a weld and not part of the original design ( pre 2009 i.e).
3. Secondary Air injection module to ensure that emission norms are met below a certain rpm range. Under part or no throttle, the O2 and MAF sensor take over the fuelling of bike and activate the air injection solenoids .

The T100 has the same . Reason why the reduced hole dia is not visible is because the baffle plate +pipe is set about half inch inside , unlike the end welds on standard Bonnie.
Drilling out the Baffels is a relatively easier operation and as far as I remember there was no damage to the Chrome. BritishBanger, fellow TBHPian has done this one several sets of end cans for several people, may be if you PM him he will send you a DIY instructions (I think its not proper to post here things that may void warranty)

I fully second what Doc has stated, if you love to be heard as well

Best Regards & Ride afe

Ram
Old 17th March 2014, 11:46   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Drilling out the Baffels is a relatively easier operation and as far as I remember there was no damage to the Chrome. BritishBanger, fellow TBHPian has done this one several sets of end cans for several people, may be if you PM him he will send you a DIY instructions (I think its not proper to post here things that may void warranty)

I fully second what Doc has stated, if you love to be heard as well

Best Regards & Ride afe

Ram
Drilling works out for carbed bikes where tuning is easy . However, on an EFI Bonnie , you will also be required to remap slightly . If one is willing to live with the popping during deceleration, its different . Else , be very good friends with your dealer to help you out.

As you rightly put it, I wouldnt want to share the procedure and info on here , lest someone just tries it and fries his bike. Upon enquiry , his response would be " it was on Team-Bhp , it had to work!"
absynthguzzler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2014, 11:55   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
As you rightly put it, I wouldnt want to share the procedure and info on here , lest someone just tries it and fries his bike. Upon enquiry , his response would be " it was on Team-Bhp , it had to work!"
Hey, I forgot that I was trying to reply to the the "Master". I remember the Amby run and tell all my friends about it.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 17th March 2014, 12:11   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, I forgot that I was trying to reply to the the "Master". I remember the Amby run and tell all my friends about it.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Were you there ? My interaction on team-bhp is very minimal prior to events and I miss out on knowing who attends what . Apologies for that in case we missed out on meeting.
Old 17th March 2014, 23:50   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the speeds, (I know from our chat) you are already touching the top so go easy and enjoy the bike more
Yes ofcourse Ram, I just wanted to assess the performance of the Bonnie and must confess that Iam not disappointed.

Next time onwards will ride with the thought that it can overtake most vehicles on highway

Quote:
Doc, myself and Xydon ( Bullet owner on forum) have revved the Bonnie SE and T100 side-by-side during one of our rides and we both felt the Bonnie SE has a deeper, throatier engine note compared to T100

With regards to outlet opening, agree its much smaller than T100 but, as Arun explained its due to baffle plate and pipes are set inside with end pipe protruding out

But, I personally like the cosmetic look of SE pipes than T100 which looks identical to a Bullet

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th March 2014 at 00:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks