Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2014, 16:14   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville: My "Black Bruiser" gets ARROW'ed !!!

Had a little time to spare over the weekend and went to my favorite sticker house near home and got my helmet stickered

Just showed them these images on my phone and they produced the result as below ( Both of which are old logos of Triumph)

Chose this due to vivid colors suiting a white helmet

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140314_195141.jpg

Old Triumph logo

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140314_194251.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st March 2014, 16:54   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

I paid a visit to Triumph Showroom last evening and was surprised to see a friend and BHPian paying up for his Bonnie T100 and will be getting his delivered on this Sunday. It was a stealth job....Yet another Bonnie joins our group..Hurraaayyy!!

Color combination he chose is to die for. Congrats to him in advance and hope he acknowledges my congrats here..LOL!

My visit to dealership was to clear my 1st service payment as they are so sweet that they never called me till date and before I forget that I ever did my 1st service with them, I decided that i should approach them. But, their CC machine wasnt working so Iam back to square one

Maybe, I can pay this money during my 2nd service..Hehe!

Yesterday, I got to know finally they fitted Arrow Silencers on a demo Bonnie but, just a few minutes before my arrival, it was dispatched on a truck to Vizag for an event and will be back in town on Monday

I can't wait to hear the Arrow Exhausts which are priced a bomb. Apparently, there are 3 different settings how it can be fitted.

Detailed updates here after a test ride with Arrows ON Bonnie !!!
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2014, 17:54   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Doc, myself and Xydon ( Bullet owner on forum) have revved the Bonnie SE and T100 side-by-side during one of our rides and we both felt the Bonnie SE has a deeper, throatier engine note compared to T100

But, I personally like the cosmetic look of SE pipes than T100 which looks identical to a Bullet
Avi, After seeing SE and T100 in flesh i also thought the mag wheels and the pipes on SE looked much better than the antique pipes and wired wheels of the T100.. But the T100 with the RD type double meters looks more muscular.. I think the best combination would be a Black T100 with Arrow or SE exhauts and the SE mag wheels..

Good work on the helmet man.. looks customized and superb

Have you seen the MOMO helmets? They make pretty good stuff as well.. I got the Carbon fibre one "Avio" which cost me around 16k.. Non carbon fibre ones are around 11k.. i think this would suit the Bonnie to a T
Open face and almost as good as a full face helmet
rashreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2014, 18:38   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashreddy View Post
Avi, After seeing SE and T100 in flesh i also thought the mag wheels and the pipes on SE looked much better than the antique pipes and wired wheels of the T100.. But the T100 with the RD type double meters looks more muscular.. I think the best combination would be a Black T100 with Arrow or SE exhauts and the SE mag wheels..
A SE Tacho upgrade is available for @ 350USD. Arrow exhaust at 900USD . Both amount for about 90,000. Still cheaper than paying 1.5lac for the T100 as per your mod list.

Now the question is , did you mean 19 inch mag-wheels ?
Old 21st March 2014, 18:47   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
I can help ....

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-4777.jpg

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-ez297.jpg

Lots of other nice designs to choose from .....

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-rez439.jpg

P.S. Lovely helmet Avi. Neat rear sticker. Classy. Hope its radium.

Last edited by ebonho : 21st March 2014 at 18:48.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2014, 07:38   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yup, mag wheels look HOT compared to wired ones. I too agree with your combination suggestion and infact discussed this several times with Absythnguzzler before buying the bike.

You know those "What If" discussion if they had provided following minor add ons, SE would have been a killer package

1. Tacho
2. Dimensions similar to T100 ( T100 looks visibly much bigger and masculine) while retaining the mag wheels. But, if it effects handling, I will take a pass

Quote:
Good work on the helmet man.. looks customized and superb
Thanks, it was a hurried 30 minute job but, it came out well.

Quote:
Have you seen the MOMO helmets? They make pretty good stuff as well.. I got the Carbon fibre one "Avio" which cost me around 16k.. Non carbon fibre ones are around 11k.. i think this would suit the Bonnie to a T.Open face and almost as good as a full face helmet
Never bought much of accessories for a motorcycle in past so I will have to confess that apart from popular world wide brands like AGV, HJC, THH etc, Iam not very familar with other brand of helmets

Please do post a picture of your helmet here, would be nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
A SE Tacho upgrade is available for @ 350USD. Arrow exhaust at 900USD . Both amount for about 90,000. Still cheaper than paying 1.5lac for the T100 as per your mod list.

Arun, we 'll actually spend around 70K ( 52K for Arrows + ~18K for Tacho) so T100 is still 85% more expensive as Arrows is an add-on even for a T100

Btw, primary reason for Bonnie SE beautiful handlingly characteristics is due to the 17" as it decreases the rake and increases the flickability of the bike. Whereas, we all who have ridden the T100 know that its not as good in handling as the Bonnie SE again due to larger front wheel ( 19")

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I can help ....Lots of other nice designs to choose from .....P.S. Lovely helmet Avi. Neat rear sticker. Classy. Hope its radium.
Thanks Doc. I liked the second set of alloys. And, yeah sticker is radium !!!
Old 22nd March 2014, 09:49   #172
BHPian

Hey Avi, I also met your friend at the triumph showroom yesterday as I was there to collect the receipt of my booking and we had a nice chat on Bonnie vs other brands lol and on T100. Congrats to your friend once again . I soooo want to hear and ride that Bonnie with arrow exhausts...this would mean I make another trip to Rebel....
Old 22nd March 2014, 11:49   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Doc. I liked the second set of alloys. And, yeah sticker is radium !!!
I was kidding tongue firmly in cheek bro. These are those horrendous Chinese alloys which guys mainly from certain northern states put on to their Bullets. Horendous as in they weigh more than the wired wheels and have been known to shear clean off at the spoke rim interface. Plus if I'm not mistaken most of them cannot take the 7 inch twin leading shoe hub up front (5 inch single leading shoe being the norm - as in the photos).
Old 23rd March 2014, 11:53   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Hey Avi, I also met your friend at the triumph showroom yesterday as I was there to collect the receipt of my booking and we had a nice chat on Bonnie vs other brands lol and on T100. Congrats to your friend once again). I soooo want to hear and ride that Bonnie with arrow exhausts...this would mean I make another trip to Rebel....
Sanket, iam planning a visit on either Tuesday/Wednesday in evening to take a test ride of the Arrow fitted Bonnie. Let me know if you want to join me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I was kidding tongue firmly in cheek bro. These are those horrendous Chinese alloys which guys mainly from certain northern states put on to their Bullets.
Doc, I know you now enough to catch your tongue in cheek comments..lol

I just mentioned from two pairs , I liked the second one. Nowhere in my sane mind a thought crossed of changing to those alloys
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 07:30   #175
BHPian

Quote:
I paid a visit to Triumph Showroom last evening and was surprised to see a friend and BHPian paying up for his Bonnie T100 and will be getting his delivered on this Sunday. It was a stealth job....Yet another Bonnie joins our group..Hurraaayyy!!

Color combination he chose is to die for. Congrats to him in advance and hope he acknowledges my congrats here..LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanketdesai82 View Post
Hey Avi, I also met your friend at the triumph showroom yesterday as I was there to collect the receipt of my booking and we had a nice chat on Bonnie vs other brands lol and on T100. Congrats to your friend once again . I soooo want to hear and ride that Bonnie with arrow exhausts...this would mean I make another trip to Rebel....
@mobike008 and sanketdesai82. Thanks. I do want to posses the motorcycle and I'm yet in the process to acquire it. I'm propitious that the process completes soon and the agony of tarrying is over.
susan3004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 08:33   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan3004 View Post
@mobike008 and sanketdesai82. Thanks. I do want to posses the motorcycle and I'm yet in the process to acquire it. I'm propitious that the process completes soon and the agony of tarrying is over.
Ofcourse Major Saab, More than you, folks waiting in the wings are much more excited. Do let us know the good news of your Bonnie T100 delivery as well as do share some pics here if possible. Cheers !!!

This saturday your cream and gold beauty will be the center of attraction ( Assuming you cannot stay away from this ride )
Old 24th March 2014, 09:14   #177
DipantS

Quote:
Well,

Besides that, dealership quoted me 21K for Insurance but, i got it done from a known source from outside for 13K. There you go, almost 40K savings by this simple trick
Hey Avi, Can you please share the contact detail for the Insurance agent. You can drop me his details at geminian_r2001@yahoo.in or just PM me. I do not have access to PM you at this point.

Regards,
Dipant

Old 24th March 2014, 11:06   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipantS View Post
Hey Avi, Can you please share the contact detail for the Insurance agent.
Dipant, I have sent you an email with contact details of my insurance guy. Infact, I haven't spoken to him even once.

My deal was struck on my behalf by my banker and I just asked him to squeeze till last drop which he did.

Have you booked your Bonnie yet?
Old 24th March 2014, 11:58   #179
DipantS

Quote:

Have you booked your Bonnie yet?
I have booked Street Triple last Friday and I guess mine is the first confirmed booking for ST in Hyderabad.

Dipant
  (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 12:35   #180
BHPian

mobike008, sure let me know what time and day you plan and also would be advisable to confirm with Rebel if their bonnie with arrow exhaust has come back from its trip

Offtopic, my plans of picking the bike in April first week have been dampened as I got a call from Rebel stating an anticipated price bike for all CKD models in April first week. I believe I would end up paying approx 30-40k more :\ unless I pick it in this month. Time to rethink my strategy and plan [crap].

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks