Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2014, 14:40   #196
Senior - BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville: My "Black Bruiser" gets ARROW'ed !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
You can go to the car accessories market and ask for the wurth spray shine bottle, its a plastic bottle with the spray thing on top.
The problem I find with spray shine bottles is that (1) they do not form a uniform haze like sponge applied wax polishes (Formula 1, ArmorAll, etc.) but more a spray type speckled pattern; and (2) it requires a lot more effort / buffing / elbow grease to even that out when dry and get the shine.
Old 27th March 2014, 14:44   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Thanks. I strive valiantly to keep up with all the names and acronyms of your harem

Quote:
MM has more chrome than paint though. Can't see how chrome can shine more than it already does.
MM is ageing and is being treated like a step wife after BB has stepped into my life

Irrespective of whether she will shine more or not, I cannot afford her wrath so have to splurge on her to keep her happy..LOL

Btw, As BB was going through her massage routine yesterday, even WA went through a thorough 3M interior job and blow to pocket in a single day is still hurting me...lol!....Details on WA thread soon....

Quote:
You can go to the car accessories market and ask for the wurth spray shine bottle, its a plastic bottle with the spray thing on top. The micro fibre cloth also you shall get there. We use it for all our cars and my friends use it for the supercars as well. I have never used Autokrom so can't comment on the product.
Wow, Then Wurth spray shine bottle seems to be the real deal. Can it be bought online? Will order it ASAP if its available. Buying from market means long delays....
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 14:50   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
step wife
Now there's a new concept.

I do agree on the splurging bit though. Bulets run best when you've just spent some money on them.

Considering how often that is, they should be the best running bikes around.
Old 27th March 2014, 14:56   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The problem I find with spray shine bottles is that (1) they do not form a uniform haze like sponge applied wax polishes (Formula 1, ArmorAll, etc.) but more a spray type speckled pattern; and (2) it requires a lot more effort / buffing / elbow grease to even that out when dry and get the shine.
Not at all sir, We clean the lamborghini, S4 and the 911 turbo with it and it does not take more than 15 mins for each car on a DIY basis. This is is not like a wax or polish, so comparing the two would be wrong here. The trick is to uniformly spray the panel you want to clean and immediately wipe it, do it systematically and its uniform. Sir if you see the Noctis/yellow superleggera/458 with stripes pictures on the forum..they are only cleaned by the wurth spray shine and no water or anything is used on it. It takes no effort and a layman who is not into detailing like me, can do an entire car in 15 mins.

Quote:
Wow, Then Wurth spray shine bottle seems to be the real deal. Can it be bought online? Will order it ASAP if its available. Buying from market means long delays....
Yes it is available online as well.
speedy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 16:16   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I do agree on the splurging bit though. Bulets run best when you've just spent some money on them.Considering how often that is, they should be the best running bikes around.
Well, that seems to be the general hypothesis but, I beg to differ.

My Classic 500 has been running as smooth as any other contemprary bike with almost zero maintenance activity since last 27 months and 10,000kms and every single day starts with 1st or maybe 2nd thumb start....

Anways, we are diggressing from the actual topic of this thread

Quote:
Like how Speedy clarified. This spray just needs to be sprinkled on the area and a gentle swipe is enough to see the actual difference. It was demo'ed by the Autokrom guy
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 16:19   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Like how Speedy clarified. This spray just needs to be sprinkled on the area and a gentle swipe is enough to see the actual difference. It was demo'ed by the Autokrom guy
Is this the No Water wash and wipe thingy?

Speedy, any idea about the cost (its not for a Lambo )? Any online links ?
Old 28th March 2014, 10:07   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashreddy View Post
Avi, After seeing SE and T100 in flesh i also thought the mag wheels and the pipes on SE looked much better than the antique pipes and wired wheels of the T100.. But the T100 with the RD type double meters looks more muscular.. I think the best combination would be a Black T100 with Arrow or SE exhauts and the SE mag wheels..

Good work on the helmet man.. looks customized and superb

Have you seen the MOMO helmets? They make pretty good stuff as well.. I got the Carbon fibre one "Avio" which cost me around 16k.. Non carbon fibre ones are around 11k.. i think this would suit the Bonnie to a T
Open face and almost as good as a full face helmet
Sorry about this

Can you tell me from where you for the Momo?

@ Speedy! thanks for info.
Old 28th March 2014, 11:06   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Sorry about this

Can you tell me from where you for the Momo?

Hi Jk, see the ebay link below.. I got the same helmet around a year back from the same merchant.. Hes a reliable guy and the product is also genuine..Free shipping to india as well though when i bought it, it was around 280 Dollars

The non carbon fibre one is around 100 Dollars cheaper

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Momo-Design-...ht_1260wt_1238
rashreddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 11:59   #204
Team-BHP Support

@mobi: If apartment is being painted invest on a good cover also! How much was the polish job? and do they offer any top up etc?
Old 28th March 2014, 12:07   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
@mobi: If apartment is being painted invest on a good cover also! How much was the polish job? and do they offer any top up etc?
Quoting mobi's post.

Quote:
It costed me INR 1,000 and they are saying with a bit of maintenance this shine will be retained atleast for 6 months and even 1 year in some cases and friendly service thrown in that every 2 months, he will drop in and do a thorough rubbing of the bike....
rashreddy; many thanks. They look nice and classy. Wish it was full face though.
jkdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 12:29   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this the No Water wash and wipe thingy?

Speedy, any idea about the cost (its not for a Lambo )? Any online links ?
Yes this is the no water wash and wipe.

The bottle costs Rs 3000 odd. I call the wuerth dealer and he sends the stuff to my office.

http://www.wuerth.in/web/en/website/...astindia_3.php

Reinhold Wuerth India Pvt. Ltd.
Plot No. 139, Door No. 104
Secretariat Colony 9th Street
Kilpauk, Chennai - 600010
INDIA
Tel No.+91 44 25323456/57
Fax No.+91 44 25323453
Email:info@wurth.co.in

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Not a problem, glad to be able to help..
speedy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 13:00   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashreddy View Post
Woah, that helmet is $350....Can you help me understand what exactly would be the reason for a helmet to cost so much apart from using light weight material like carbon fibre and maybe good quality inner pads etc??

Does the brand define such high prices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
@mobi: If apartment is being painted invest on a good cover also!
Jags, paint work is over and my bike is parked under shelter and besides that have already bought a cover for the bruiser and its in black

Quote:
The bottle costs Rs 3000 odd. I call the wuerth dealer and he sends the stuff to my office.
Thanks Speedy. That's expensive for a spray shiner. So how do I make the payment to these guys? I mean there is no online website where i can pay and get it delivered?

Also, how many applications one bottle will last approximately?
Old 28th March 2014, 13:28   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Speedy. That's expensive for a spray shiner. So how do I make the payment to these guys? I mean there is no online website where i can pay and get it delivered?

Yes its expensive for 500 ml, but well worth it if you ask me..i am extremely happy with the product. Payment is made on delivery and since we call for other things for the garage, we get credit as well. I have not looked into the online purchase as we call the Bombay office and they send the stuff.

One bottle lasts about 4-5 applications for the whole car. If i just do a panel thats dirty or only for the bonnet then 20 times. For a bike this bottle can last you for at least 30-40 applications as the area is not much and you don't need to spray (quantity of liquid) as much as you would on a car. Its like the S4 fender is equivalent to the entire bike.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 13:52   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Woah, that helmet is $350....Can you help me understand what exactly would be the reason for a helmet to cost so much apart from using light weight material like carbon fibre and maybe good quality inner pads etc?? Does the brand define such high prices?
Apart from the brand, the materials used in construction of the helmet also adds to the cost, in this case it is Carbon Fiber.

You get Spartan helmets in CF under a different brand name. They cost around 25-27k IIRC. Normally the CF helmets cost upwards of 40k.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 16:24   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
That's expensive for a spray shiner. So how do I make the payment to these guys? I mean there is no online website where i can pay and get it delivered?

The guys at Express Car Wash Club ( On the St Anns School main road next to the flyover) use Wurth products and yes they are some very good products . If you can enquire them they may be able to sell you some. You can try checking with them sometime when you are driving that road.

Last edited by Pheonix : 28th March 2014 at 16:40.
Pheonix is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks