Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2014, 18:22   #211
Senior - BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville: My "Black Bruiser" gets ARROW'ed !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Yes this is the no water wash and wipe.

The bottle costs Rs 3000 odd. I call the wuerth dealer and he sends the stuff to my office.

http://www.wuerth.in/web/en/website/...astindia_3.php

Reinhold Wuerth India Pvt. Ltd.
Plot No. 139, Door No. 104
Secretariat Colony 9th Street
Kilpauk, Chennai - 600010
INDIA
Tel No.+91 44 25323456/57
Fax No.+91 44 25323453
Email:info@wurth.co.in
Thanks Speedy for the info. That was most helpful.

Incidentally yesterday at Bafna Cars I saw a similar wash-spray-wipe type product by Formula One.

http://shop.cardekho.com/car-wax/for...3ml~16635.html

No idea if its the same thing or as good. But Dhanesh (the proprietor) said the entire bottle would last barely 1.5 applications for a shell as big as the Storme ....
Old 28th March 2014, 21:25   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Iam not sure if this link was shared by any other member before.

This website is dedicated to modifications to a Triumph Bonneville and I was going through some of the mods done on this bike which is simply astonishing and mind numbing

http://www.bonnefication.com/

These mods particularly looked interesting on the Bonnie from the several other equally nice mods :-

http://www.bonnefication.com/ellaspe...ph-bonneville/

I got this link from a mailer from Triumph.

Interesting read about what Hollywood actor Ryan Reynolds has to say about his Bonneville

http://spirit.triumphmotorcycles.com...issue11/page4/
Old 28th March 2014, 23:05   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
http://www.autokrom.com/serv_ext_Pla...otection.shtml

It costed me INR 1,000 and they are saying with a bit of maintenance this shine will be retained atleast for 6 months and even 1 year in some cases and friendly service thrown in that every 2 months, he will drop in and do a thorough rubbing of the bike....

My entire friend circle uses this product including for some high end cars
Avinash

Do they have a set up in Bangalore as well ? Its more than one year now since the Bonnie got some professional TLC

Shubz has promised to get a detailing done through a friend of his, but a the concept you are talking about looks interesting

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 29th March 2014, 10:05   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Avinash

Do they have a set up in Bangalore as well ? Its more than one year now since the Bonnie got some professional TLC

Shubz has promised to get a detailing done through a friend of his, but a the concept you are talking about looks interesting

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
In Bangalore, you have Quantum Details, who specializes in bike detailing. Check out Bangalore directory thread. The owner is a member here too and the quality of the work is top notch
Old 29th March 2014, 11:30   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
No idea if its the same thing or as good. But Dhanesh (the proprietor) said the entire bottle would last barely 1.5 applications for a shell as big as the Storme ....
I have not used it, so cannot comment, but will call for one bottle to experiment with on the other cars. What ML quantity is the bottle?.

If he is talking of wastage and over excessive use of the liquid in the spray to a point of it dripping all over the bike..then 1 or 1.5 application is possible. The idea is not to use it like water or a water replacement as these service people do. It is just to spray say one or max two times on the different sides of the top of the fuel tank and take the micro fibre cloth and wipe the entire tank clean. One spray on the fender and clean it, so on for the whole bike. This is not to be used as a engine shiner or cleaner..its only for body panels. I did speak to a friend who uses the wurth spray shine for his HD Fatboy and he says it lasts him for 35 applications
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 13:25   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ram, I could make out from their website they seem to be a local outfit but, will find out if they have any Bangalore presence and keep you posted

Finally, my Black Bruiser is registered and it was an extremely smooth process and was completed in 45 minutes of me visiting the RTO ( Unlike the stories that iam hearing about the Bangalore dealership still facing issues in registering the bikes sold there)

Black Bruiser & Bonnie T100. Do you see something unique here?

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140329_073608_edit_02.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 14:15   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The reg numbers are one digit apart. The SE looks bigger than the T100. The SE has the saree guard. The Helmets look fabulous..

Last edited by speedy : 29th March 2014 at 14:16.
Old 29th March 2014, 15:18   #218
vcx
BHPian

Wow Avi, too good Bonny's rock true retro and exudes style, elegance and packed with punch!

Those Bonny snaps are whispering in my ears :-)

As told you when we last met, evaluating few what suits me in a balanced way, so someday soon with a good ride that joins my Splurgy & Panther!
vcx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 16:36   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have not used it, so cannot comment, but will call for one bottle to experiment with on the other cars. What ML quantity is the bottle?.

If he is talking of wastage and over excessive use of the liquid in the spray to a point of it dripping all over the bike..then 1 or 1.5 application is possible. The idea is not to use it like water or a water replacement as these service people do. It is just to spray say one or max two times on the different sides of the top of the fuel tank and take the micro fibre cloth and wipe the entire tank clean. One spray on the fender and clean it, so on for the whole bike. This is not to be used as a engine shiner or cleaner..its only for body panels. I did speak to a friend who uses the wurth spray shine for his HD Fatboy and he says it lasts him for 35 applications
Speedy I was referring to my Safari Storme with regard to the 1.5 times ....

Quote:
Quote:
The reg numbers are one digit apart. The SE looks bigger than the T100. The SE has the saree guard. The Helmets look fabulous..
The helmets are not on the bikes they normally ride on.

+

On a hot summer day you can poach an egg on the helmet which wants to know if you got bhp.

Last edited by moralfibre : 31st March 2014 at 09:53. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 29th March 2014, 16:50   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1224513
Is the picture photoshopped ? + what doc has said about the helmets (I am saying this as the size of bikes look hugely different, which I know is not the case).

The Bangalore RTOs are pain for not only Triumph but for all other than run of the mill bikes.

Another TBHPian - Haroon - is still struggling with the registration of his G 1200. I don't understand this at all. GS1200s have been on sale in Bangalore itself for last few years, if I am not mistaken. Then why is the RTO saying that the IT is not supporting the data input ?

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 29th March 2014 at 16:52.
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 16:57   #221
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats Avi, I expected you wud be getting a fancy number like you had for MM. Is your number from normal allocation ?

The T100 does get a very fancy number I must say

P.S : Why is it that I feel there is a lot of difference in the heights of the bikes , pic angle ?

Last edited by Pheonix : 29th March 2014 at 16:59.
Old 29th March 2014, 20:02   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Congrats Avi, I expected you wud be getting a fancy number like you had for MM. Is your number from normal allocation ?The T100 does get a very fancy number I must say
Thanks Bro. If you put your finger on any number it will cost money.

So obviously, me and Mani (T100) owner splurged some to get a fancy number.

Actually both our numbers costed same amount and I could have easily gotten 9191 but, I wanted a total of 1 or 9 ONLY. Hence, 9091 !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Why is it that I feel there is a lot of difference in the heights of the bikes , pic angle ?
Quote:
Is the picture photoshopped ? + what doc has said about the helmets (I am saying this as the size of bikes look hugely different, which I know is not the case)
As you all know, Bonnie SE is wee bit smaller than T100 largely due to 2" difference in front wheel.

It's just the angle of this picture ( No photoshop as I dont even know how to do that) and these are from my mobile camera ( Perhaps from quality of images its easy to tell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
The helmets are not on the bikes they normally ride on.
Actually, helmets are on correct rides. I sold my White THH helmet to Mani as it was too tight for me. For now, Iam back to my silver helmet.

Will buy a good helmet when I find/like one

Quote:
The reg numbers are one digit apart. The SE looks bigger than the T100. The SE has the saree guard. The Helmets look fabulous
Spot on Speedy. Between my hectic work life, I am finishing stuff in priority. Now that registeration is done, next is to remove the hideous saree guard.

Today, we went for a 185kms ride which was covered from 7am-11am ( door to door as wanted to be back home before it becomes too hot) including a liesurely 1 hour on breakfast table and last 20kms in bumper to bumper traffic. We were 4 of us and it was wonderful to have Susan3004 for first time on his beautiful Gold and Cream Bonnie T100 and he is normally a fast rider (experienced when he joined on his LB Maschimo 500 for the Bidar ride couple of week ago) and due to run-in, he had to stick to 120kmph speed at the max. I think all hell will break loose after the run-in period

We rode towards the Vijaywada Highway and it was the first time for me after it became a 4-lane highway and what a fabulous road. Broad, divider all through and not much traffic with winding turns made it a perfect highway run.

Today's count was 3 Bonnies and 1 Ninja 250 !!

Breakfast was at a beautiful Organic restuarant on the highway before Suryapet with lot of greenery and food served was organic and non oily.

One of the best breakfast we enjoy till date from all rides so far and chutneys served were out of this world

Till the next ride !!!
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140329_111922.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140329_111932.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140329_073553.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140329_073633.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140329wa011.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140329wa023.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140329wa024.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140329_091226.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140329_091316.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140329_093713.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140329_092333.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2014, 11:52   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday, Triumph Dealership arranged for a ride for all Triumph owners and since I had already done a 185kms ride on Saturday, I wasn't too keen as most of these rides are planned at short notice. However, i happened to join this ride at the last minute due to lot of insistence from all sides.

Also, I didnt want to have breakfast as I noted it spoils the after ride as I tend to eat more than necessary besides the weather getting hot now, it just doesn't suit me to ride after a "Haaalthy Breakfast" so I just made do with one cup excellent filter coffee

Plan was to ride to Hillpark Restuarant on Bangalore Highway which is about 70kms and is a mecca for bikers each sunday as it has a drive-in facility where you can park enjoy your breakfast right next to your ride and yesterday was practically crowded with as many as 50+ bikes present there. A big group of Harley's ( my friend Shyamal was there on his Red HD Super Glide perfectly accesorized looking like a Nazi Soldier), SBK group with BUSA's, CBR's etc and Ninja Group.

And, ofcourse the new brethreen (Triumph Owners Group)

That place is so popular that each sunday a big group of kids from villages nearby come and spend their entire morning ogling at bikes, touching them, hugging the riders and even stand on the divider when the groups leave so they can enjoy the bikes zipping past after they take a U-turn

Triumph boys met at 6:30am and this time it was a fairly large group with about 6 Bonnies, 1 Daytona and mother of all bikes ( Triumph Tiger 1200), There was a friend of dealership on an almost brand new Iron 883 who joined us as he didnt like riding with HOGS. His Iron 883 had baffles cut out and screaming eagle and making quite a racket on the highway.

It was fun as we were exchanging bikes so we could enjoy all the rides. I rode the Iron 883 & Triumph Tiger 1200 for about 20kms each and now i got a detailed feel of the bikes, I was blown away after riding the Tiger. Will post my thougths in correct threads sometime soon. Iron 883 owner rode the Daytona for most of the return ride and actually he booked a Speed Tripple ( first bike will be his) and fell in love with the Daytona. Now only time will tell if he buys the Speed or Daytona

Both, Tiger 1200 and Daytona were fitted with Arrow Exhausts and were sounding amazing. Daytona owner and me were riding in front most of the time and he would slow down and then make me hear the sound of the exhaust and then take off like a rocket after i complimented him on its note.

On the return, we stopped at Mani (T100 owner) farm house which is on the same highway for 15-20 mins were we were served fresh jackfruit and coconut water right from the trees grown there.

All in All, it was a fantastic 150kms of ride and we parted with a decision that TOG will ride 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month

Here are some pictures, sorry for bad quality as all are mobile pics. Need to find a way to carry my camera on the bike ( actually dont like to ride with bags etc)
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140330wa062.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140330_071650.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140330_071816.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140330_080733.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140330wa058_edit.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140330wa061.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140330wa068.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140330wa074_edit.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140330wa081_edit.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140330_095019_01.jpg  

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140330_071913.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2014, 16:45   #224
BHPian

Congratulationss!
I hope it isn't too late. Black Bruiser looks stunning!

Quote:
Today, we went for a 185kms ride which was covered from 7am-11am ( door to door as wanted to be back home before it becomes too hot)...We rode towards the Vijaywada Highway and it was the first time for me after it became a 4-lane highway and what a fabulous road.
I saw you there, right after the first toll gate. I had just paid the toll and come out, my eyes were fixed on the bikes and I saw you at the last but by then I had already crossed you. Would have stopped if I didn't have company. Spent the weekend in Suryalanka.
Farukh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2014, 18:39   #225
DipantS

Great to see all the bikes and clicks are not all that bad for a mobile phone, I liked them. Lots of Bonni's, I guess its retro looks is making waves and getting majority of customers for Triumph!!!

Most Viewed