Team-BHP - My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/148232-my-triumph-bonneville-edit-sold-2.html)

Avi,

Awesome write up man.clap:
If the Triumph guys see your thread they will be like "we didnt know so much about the bike".
The pictures are amazingly mindblowing.
It was a pleasure riding with you and the torque rocks.:

So when are you taking me for an actual ride?

Looking at the coin-sized openings at the end of each exhaust, I am just imagining what the bike would sound like if you use a can opener to cut the back end of each exhaust in line with the actual outer diameter of the "megaphone" and make proper openings.

No Avi I am not suggesting you do it or let anywhere with a can opener anywhere close to your baby. Just idly imagining is all ...... old Bulleteer habit. Punch holes with big heavy construction rod in baffles of company exhaust (for starters)! :D:uncontrol

Congratulations Mobike 008.Rated 5 stars for the thread as it deserves it.The bike looks beautiful.The comparo thread HD Vs Bonnie has put my bike purchase dilemna to rest. I crossed 30 last year.I no longer yearn to ride a superbike.These days i like to ride/drive slow and the bonnie i feel fits the bill plus the seat looks comfortable and pillion friendly.The bonnie looks plane jane,perfect for my office commute,weekend rides and city commute with wifey.I am yet to ride a bonnie but your in debt analysis of the bike was more than enough for me to consider the bonnie.

Hoping to buy one by year end:).
Happy riding:thumbs up

Congrats man! you are living the dream.. will be following this thread post by post! Both Bonnies look absolutely gorgeous!

Congrats on the purchase. The bike looks awesome. I think too, that the Bonnie is a better bike when compared with the Harley.
Ride safe and hope to see you on the road someday!

Congratulations and best wishes, mobike008. I wish you millions of miles with smiles. The photographs are breathtaking, just like Triumph Bonneville. :)

Congrats Avi - Thread is full of passion and love.

Given that you have already shared a comparison to the 883, i would not ask you more detail, congrats on the bike, thanks to you i now get bike dreams, though still not as committed as you though.

Quick question - What is registration you would pay on bike in Hyderabad ?

All the very best

Thanks - ML

I loved the pictures as much as I loved the 'Got BHP' sticker plastered on the back of that helmet. That is one lovely ride that you have, rich with heritage and packed with performance. Congrats!

No fuel gauge though...did I read that right? So do you just gamble and calculate how much is left in the tank, or do you just forget about crunching the numbers since you're lost in the ride? Don't mind me if I sound like a noob, I've never been a bike guy. All of my biking experience has been as a passenger. The one time I did ride a bike in college I got myself suspended for a week. Completely true story.

Congrats again, and keep bruising/cruising away!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3375623)

Performance
Ride & Handling
Tyres

Congratulations ! I wish you a very proud and very fulfilling ownership of this dream machine.

I have a stupid question though. I am not a motorcycle person and does not know much.

I am intrugued by absence of fuel-guage. Is this an optional accessory ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iliketurtles (Post 3377916)
No fuel gauge though...did I read that right? So do you just gamble and calculate how much is left in the tank, or do you just forget about crunching the numbers since you're lost in the ride? Don't mind me if I sound like a noob, I've never been a bike guy. All of my biking experience has been as a passenger. The one time I did ride a bike in college I got myself suspended for a week. Completely true story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravindra M (Post 3377918)
I have a stupid question though. I am not a motorcycle person and does not know much.

I am intrugued by absence of fuel-guage. Is this an optional accessory ?

Feel sheepish that self confessed non-bikers have brought up this point. How exactly do you know what is your fuel status in an EFI bike without a Reserve tap/knob or a fuel gauge?

Congrats on your bike Avi.

Anyone heard of something called "Low fuel indicator"? :D a light that lights up in every car? At least the modern one's.

Duuuuude (Jaw Drops all the way down to the floor ! ) Was my expression when I saw the FB update about your purchase !
And well, after reading the initial report, I can see the excitement that led you to this wonderful buy ! :)
Congratulations Avi on the awesome ride.

Frankly I was following your comparo of the HD and the Triumph, and frankly I tend to agree with your thoughts about the Triumph being a better deal than the 883.

Enjoy the Ride!
Cheers :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 3377720)
What happens to the Chrome 500?

As of now, my poor Maroon Marauder is fuming with anger as she feels all attention is being grabbed by the "Souten(Step wife)"...LOL

Having said that, As mentioned before I was riding the bullet like a sports bike. Now, I will use it properly like a bullet. Thump around at 80kmph
In short, it stays for the time being. No plans to sell it !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by discobiscuit (Post 3377730)
Edit- please take the saree guard off. Please

Quote:

Originally Posted by Divya Sharan (Post 3377799)
Just a request - ditch that sarre guard. It looks hideous.(I know it'd be illegal though, but this looks ugly.)

Patience my friends, Patience !!

Totally agree with your viewpoints. However, it is mandatory for the dealership to sell it with it on and its mandatory for buyer ( me) to keep it till bike is registered with RTO.

Post registration, will dump into the Hussainsagar Lake during one of my morning rides:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pheonix (Post 3377754)
This is one toy which brings out the kid inside you and i could feel it in every line you penned down with tremendous joy and happiness Amazing write up as always and some subtle photography . Great shots loved every pic but i would still want more of the Black Bruiser as i feel its a very good poser despite its understated looks ! Its clearly evident that you are having a gala time with Bonny and now its time to start our own Hydie Triumph Club . What can be more better than you giving it a kickstart yourself !! Congrats once again Avi !!

Thanks Buddy. Well, Iam like that, simply refuse to grow up. Haha !!

Thanks for your wishes, it was fun having you for the test rides and hope to catch up with you on future rides.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3377807)
It was a pleasure riding with you and the torque rocks.: So when are you taking me for an actual ride?

Doctor Saab # 2, Block your saturday. We have a new rider on the block getting his bike delivered on Friday. This saturday lets divert all our peepers to it ( Classic 500 Desert Storm)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebonho (Post 3377818)
Looking at the coin-sized openings at the end of each exhaust, I am just imagining what the bike would sound like if you use a can opener to cut the back end of each exhaust in line with the actual outer diameter of the "megaphone" and make proper openings.
No Avi I am not suggesting you do it or let anywhere with a can opener anywhere close to your baby. Just idly imagining is all ...... old Bulleteer habit. Punch holes with big heavy construction rod in baffles of company exhaust (for starters)!

Doctor Saab # 1, there is plenty of modification options for the Bonnie.

Absythguzzler has already started experimenting with his bonnie. The only thing thats on my mind right now is the handle bar mirrors and better sounding pipes.

If those two priorities are taken care of then i will ride peacefully for a year before something else starts bugging me

Quote:

Originally Posted by rakesh_r (Post 3377820)
Congratulations Mobike 008.Rated 5 stars for the thread as it deserves it.The bike looks beautiful.The comparo thread HD Vs Bonnie has put my bike purchase dilemna to rest. I crossed 30 last year.I no longer yearn to ride a superbike.These days i like to ride/drive slow and the bonnie i feel fits the bill plus the seat looks comfortable and pillion friendly.The bonnie looks plane jane,perfect for my office commute,weekend rides and city commute with wifey.

Thanks !! Perfect you have answered your question yourself.

After 30, its relaxed rides that we yearn after but, speaking for myself, being a speed nut, I like cruising also to happen at reasonable speeds. Ride the Harley and Bonnie and choose what suits you best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motoringlover (Post 3377912)
Quick question - What is registration you would pay on bike in Hyderabad ?

Thanks Deepak. I have owned 12 vehicles in little over 12 years so iam notoriously famous in RTO so I acted smart this time and bought the bike in wifey name so i paid lower tax % than regular tax component. Without going into math and break-ups.

A Bonnie that would have costed me 7.11 Lakhs on-road has costed me 6.72 Lakhsclap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravindra M (Post 3377918)
I have a stupid question though. I am not a motorcycle person and does not know much. I am intrugued by absence of fuel-guage. Is this an optional accessory ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iliketurtles (Post 3377916)

Well, we have tided over old age technology of twisting knobs and buttons to move from normal to reserve positions.

Bonnie has a "Low Fuel" Indicator in the Speedo console and that comes up when there are 4 Litres of Petrol still available in the 16 Litre tank capacity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shubz (Post 3377935)
Congrats on your bike Avi.Anyone heard of something called "Low fuel indicator"? a light that lights up in every car? At least the modern one's.

They should have given a "Voice Activated Alarm System" like I saw in a Scorpio when seat belts are not put on. " Please put on your seatbelts"/ " Please fill petrol immediately or your will be stranded on the road"..:uncontrol

Awesome, awesome stuff! Congratulations once again and was great going through your other thread where you did the comparo and finally decided out of the blue to get the bike.

Many Congratulations Brother, have a safe and enjoyable experience with the beast.