Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2014, 10:00   #46
BANNED

re: Triumph Bonneville: My "Black Bruiser" gets ARROW'ed !!!

WOW!!!....Let me CONGRATULATE you from my heart!!

That is EYE-Poppingly Gorgeous.

(IF ONLY it had ABS. For those exceptionally BITING Brakes to not bite us in the A.S.S. :')
Knowing how Cows and Buffaloes just LOVE to walk RIGHT INTO the driving path, stand there and look at you with those puppy eyes, just waiting for you to dash RIGHT into them. [Talking from my Buffalo crash experience 6 months back, which could have been prevented if only I had ABS.
Both my knee LIGAMENTS would've been SAVED; 4-5 months of gruelling crutch walk, physiotherapy & strength building could have been prevented. And even after getting back on my two feet, the seed of fear that seeps into the mind, could have been stayed from entering in.])
TheDevil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 11:16   #47
BHPian

Avi,

Congrats on the new addition to your garage, your love for everything BB does not seem to end. Glad to see a comprehensive review of everything Triumph can direct any enquires to this thread . Love the black it makes the bike stand out in sunlight. Its a beautiful handler on the highway, Still waiting to ride the bike in city. Wishing you many miles of happy riding.

2 Q's Why does the Bonnie need a choke when it is EFI, and Is there a after market replacement to use a single key for both ignition and steering lock.
downsouth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 11:23   #48
Senior - BHPian

I don't know if you have mentioned it anywhere (search coming up blank) - but what's the weight of your bike? How does it feel at reast and in motion weight-wise compared to the Bullet?
Old 26th February 2014, 11:37   #49
BHPian

First of all congrats on your new acquisition. The Bonnie is a great looker and its no-nonsense looks can win over any classic bike lover. Its absolutely gorgeous to say the least. In my opinion, the alloys look superb and complement the looks of the bike. Its good that Triumph decided to provide these on the SE rather tahnn on the T100.

I never beleive in wish-lists but this bike has made me create one and put its name up at the top of it. As of now, your opening shot of the BB has found its way onto my desktop (hope you dont mind).

Wishing you many more happy and safe miles with it. Hoping to catch a glimpse of you and yor BB randomly on the streets of Hyderabad.
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 12:01   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Congratulations, once again and the delivery event is no less than any celebrity launches. I still feel bad for the film/TV actress who was there for her husband's T100 delivery, which did not get much attention either inside the showroom or outside on the road!! The Triumph can take you on their honorary payrolls for the details/info and the brand propaganda!
You can say that again. Thanks to you all, i doubt if another delivery of a Triumph will happen with similar reception

Quote:
Did you buy the Triumph key chain or was it in the welcome pack given to you(if there was one?)? Remember we asked them for it and they said we have to purchase it from them.
It was not available for free. I emphasized to them " Saath Lakh ki gaadi karidhi hai aur ek keychain dene main kanjoosi?" ( Bought 7 lakhs bike and why are you acting stingy to give a free keychain). He instantly handed one out to me.

Quote:
C'mon- please do not make HD sound so bad! After all- I am waiting for their Street 750 to be launched to take the dive!!
Srikanth. It depends on what you want the bike for. You pretty well know my driving style and Bonnie is made for me. If you like performance then I would urge you to ride the Bonnie too and then decide whats best. When your spending 5 lakhs, dont think of additional 2 lakhs while at it.

But, if your contemplating a HD 750 just to get into HD culture, then not a bad idea !!

Quote:
Time for a bike cum car TBHP Hyd chapter drive now!!
You betcha, lets do it next month, Iam swamped at work !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Congrats Avi on this beautiful addition to your garage! As you know I don't really fancy myself a bike person but suffice to say if I were, our tastes would be very similar. I loved riding your Bullet 500 and look forward to my next visit to Hyderabad now to experience the Triumph Bonneville as well
That was a fun ride together Noopie. Come down to Hyderabad, this time you ride my Bonnie and I can accompany you on my BULL

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I was watching World's Fastest Indian again the day you announced you got your Bonnie; it's one of my favourite films. Wish you many million miles on this ebony beauty!
My favorite movie too. Sir AH was mindblowingly good in that movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevil View Post
(IF ONLY it had ABS. For those exceptionally BITING Brakes to not bite us in the A.S.S
Sorry to know about your accident. ABS should be made mandatory like how headlamps remain open at all times for all bikes above 600cc. God knows when that sense will come into manafacturers who shy away from basic safety features in name of cost cutting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Congrats on the new addition to your garage, your love for everything BB does not seem to end. Glad to see a comprehensive review of everything Triumph can direct any enquires to this thread . Love the black it makes the bike stand out in sunlight. Its a beautiful handler on the highway, Still waiting to ride the bike in city. Wishing you many miles of happy riding.
Thanks Chetan. I enjoy riding the Bonnie equally in city as you can weave into/out of traffic with so much ease its almost surreal.

Been out with wifey last night for a 40kms ride and 30kms this morning.

Will dedicate a post with feedback from those short city rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
2 Q's Why does the Bonnie need a choke when it is EFI, and Is there a after market replacement to use a single key for both ignition and steering lock.
First question, Iam not too sure whats the answer but, unlike the fake carbs, choke is for real and instead of putting load on battery by continously thumbing the starter on a cold morning, pulling out choke works like a charm. I used it only once so no idea how useful it will be on long run.

Second question, It's a very good point. Actually its a pain to use two keys for ignition and lock. Also, the ignition placement is unique but, difficult to reach sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I don't know if you have mentioned it anywhere (search coming up blank) - but what's the weight of your bike? How does it feel at reast and in motion weight-wise compared to the Bullet?
I reckon forgot to mention. Bonnie weighs 225kgs and feels light when riding but, when stationary, it feels really heavy and pushing it would be a small ordeal.

Forgot to share a couple more pics :-

Man & His Machine in a proud pose as instructed by the photographers..LOL ( I know, I know, need to lose weight. Atleast for the Bonnie now )

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-triumph_lr16.jpg

Poetry in Motion

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-_mg_0343.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 12:24   #51
BHPian

Congratulations for a great bike. The bonnie is a sweet machine and I am sure will serve you well over the years.

I hope you are already armed with proper riding gear to go with the bike.

Ride safe !
narula123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 12:27   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Clutch has 4 different settings to adjust play

Attachment 1210614
Avi,

A small correction. What you have shown above is a lever adjuster - see the explanation below

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-b-c-lever-adjustment.jpg

Cable/Clutch play is adjusted using the Adjuter Nut located on both ends of the cable/guides

Quote:
Feel sheepish that self confessed non-bikers have brought up this point. How exactly do you know what is your fuel status in an EFI bike without a Reserve tap/knob or a fuel gauge?
Doc, for you and others who has asked the question

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-low-fuel.jpg

Quote:
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-specs.jpg

In motion weight feel - I would put it somewhere between RD 350 and good old Bullet 350

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 13:24   #53
BHPian

Congratulations Mobike. Here's wishing many years of happiness on this wonderful machine.

Quote:
Patience my friends, Patience !!

Totally agree with your viewpoints. However, it is mandatory for the dealership to sell it with it on and its mandatory for buyer ( me) to keep it till bike is registered with RTO.

Post registration, will dump into the Hussainsagar Lake during one of my morning rides
This sounds like an apt ending for that hideous saree guard.

Now towards fixing the exhaust note at some point in the future. The Norman Hyde Togas sound brilliant. But they cost ~40k + Shipping. Ouch

ranjitnair77 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 13:24   #54
Senior - BHPian

Avinash,

Looking forward to meeting you and others whenever you come to Bangalore.

Forgive me if you have already mentioned it before,but is yours fitted with the Arrow exhausts or stock?

When is the first service? And what is the service cost of a Bonneville?(If you have already finished your 1st service)

Any new riding gear bought to go with the Bonnie? :-D

And lastly kitna deti hain(Dont kill me!)
Old 26th February 2014, 13:31   #55
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Mobike008. The bike and your review is just fantastic. Every detail has been covered and easy for new riders to understand the bike. The saree guard needs to go and so does the top mounted front no plate (sticker plate on the front fender is needed). I would suggest the arrow exhaust from the dealership as this would not void warranty (at least i hope so). Reading your thread has increased my anticipation for my own Bonnie..the wait kills. Im a little confused in the colour to opt for, white or the black..

wish you many safe miles with a smile on your face. Ride safe and please use gear, you never know when it comes to use.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 13:38   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
Now towards fixing the exhaust note at some point in the future. The Norman Hyde Togas sound brilliant. But they cost ~40k + Shipping. Ouch
Thanks for sharing these videos. I have not even begun my research on identifying loud pipes for the Bonnie as I plan to enjoy it in its stock form for atleast 5000kms so I can appreciate the additions better

But, dont let that stop you. Please do share more such options if you come across. Thank you again !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
In motion weight feel - I would put it somewhere between RD 350 and good old Bullet 350
Ram, those specs dont really seem to match. 2014 Bonnie is 225kgs weight. Will try to paste a picture of the specs from the manual over the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Forgive me if you have already mentioned it before,but is yours fitted with the Arrow exhausts or stock?

When is the first service? And what is the service cost of a Bonneville?(If you have already finished your 1st service)

Any new riding gear bought to go with the Bonnie?

And lastly kitna deti hain(Dont kill me!)
Here is my response :-

1. Dealership havent received the Arrow Exhausts for the Bonnie yet. I will be invited for a test ride by dealership after its fitted to a TR Bike

2. First service is due at 800kms. Service cost is going to be roughly 6K. Next service will be at 10,000kms

3. Spartan Gloves already bought. Jacket also acquired, Helmet needs to be purchased. Will buy when I like one

4. As mentioned in my review, FE is expected to be anywhere between 18kmpl-22kmpl. Last two tankfuls have got 18.50kmpl.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 13:44   #57
BHPian

Quote:

That would be wonderful. Let me know how/when I can pick them up?
I am not in hyderabad,Once i am back we can do that!

and Regarding how a short sunday/saturday morning ride should fix that

Regards,
harsha
Old 26th February 2014, 16:31   #58
BHPian

Wow! Each and every reply has been 'thanked'. You my friend are indeed happy!

Congratulations and happy riding
captain.torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 17:51   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I would suggest the arrow exhaust from the dealership as this would not void warranty (at least i hope so). Reading your thread has increased my anticipation for my own Bonnie..the wait kills. Im a little confused in the colour to opt for, white or the black
Goodluck on your Bonnie. Did they give you a tentative delivery date?

The T100 you see in pictures on this thread was booked by this young guy and paid for full in cash in November and is the first Triumph delivered in Hyderabad. Yours could be a similar case in Mumbai

White? Did you mean Silver? Only 3 colors in SE. Black, Silver and White/Blue combination

With regards to Arrow, I will purchase that only if i like the sound of the pipes. Tentative cost is INR 28,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
and Regarding how a short sunday/saturday morning ride should fix that
That would be nice. Me and a small group of friends ride only on Saturdays. However, if your ok to join a motley group of varied bikes from Bullets, Ninja to Bonnies then your most welcome to join or we can meet separately for a quick ride together and I can collect the mirrors. Do let me know

Next ride is slotted for this saturday morning.

Last edited by mobike008 : 26th February 2014 at 17:53.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2014, 18:48   #60
BHPian

@mobike008, you have said the bike's 'dimensions are small'. Just wanted to understand by how much. I'm 6' and weigh 115 kgs. Hw does a person of my frame fit on the bonnie's dimensions?
Sivasankar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks