Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2014, 01:43   #736
BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville Discussion Thread: My "Black Bruiser" is SOLD :( !!!

27 kmpl for Ninja 650? Even my CBR 250 doesn't give me that much consistently.
Old 7th October 2014, 08:25   #737
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Nice pics avi. Even i am shocked to hear fuel efficiency figures of Daytona and Tiger. This speaks about capability of these machines and their finesse
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Even I was suprised as I had specifically requested all to set trip meter to zero and then we refueled twice and everyone checked the FE and these shocking figures came to light.

Both the Tiger and Daytona were gunning all through with Daytona always in the front so iam surprised even more. Perhaps the smaller cubic capacity of the engine matters as one is 675cc and other is 800cc

Josevijay, you should join us for a ride sometime !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
I liked Speed Triple with Arrows. Looks jaw dropping beauty. I guess i will upgrade to Speed Triple down the line
Speed looks big and quite delicious for sure. But, the Daytona owner (who also happens to be the owner of Triumph Dealership) mentioned the difference between a Street and Speed is exactly like the Bonnie SE and Bonnie T100. Speed feels heavy and cubersome while cornering and is not as agile as the street tripple.

P.S: I have now covered 7500kms on my Bonnie
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 12:07   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Yes, I used to get 27 on highway in my Ninja 650.
pawan_pullarwar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 12:52   #739
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Yes, I used to get 27 on highway in my Ninja 650.
Pawan, since you owned a Ninja 650 before and now a Bonnie.

Could you please compare the Ninja 650 and Bonnie ( + and - for both), would be really interesting to know

I thought the Ninja 650 was very well built and was oozing quality
Old 7th October 2014, 13:18   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Could you please compare the Ninja 650 and Bonnie ( + and - for both), would be really interesting to know

That makes the two of us asking for an ownership comparo. I'm contemplating getting either of the two. Although heart pushing me to take the extra (financial) leap and get the Striple.

Which reminds me to ask, does the Striple return as shocking (in a good way, of course) a fuel efficiency figure?

P.S. Avi you're seriously enjoying the Bonnie to the hilt. Congratulations on completing 7.5k kms in as many months. Must be a hoot to ride, the Bonnie.

Last edited by dreamseller : 7th October 2014 at 13:25. Reason: Typographical error
dreamseller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 14:50   #741
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
That makes the two of us asking for an ownership comparo. I'm contemplating getting either of the two. Although heart pushing me to take the extra (financial) leap and get the Striple.
If your heart is stuck on Stripple, you should buy that. Never compromise.

Btw, did you ride any of these bikes?

Quote:
Which reminds me to ask, does the Striple return as shocking (in a good way, of course) a fuel efficiency figure?
I think Street Tripple returns similar mileage to a Bonnie. I dont think it can return as much as the Daytona. But, then both are based on same engine so if it returns, I will be shocked thrice

Quote:
P.S. Avi you're seriously enjoying the Bonnie to the hilt. Congratulations on completing 7.5k kms in as many months. Must be a hoot to ride, the Bonnie.
Each time I come home from a ride, park my bike, remove my helmet, glance at the Bonnie, shake my head in disbelief and tell myself " What a brilliant bike this is"
Old 7th October 2014, 16:15   #742
BHPian

Lovely ride, good food, searing heat and great pics Avi. We should do this again, albeit, much earlier in the day. The Street Bob returned 19 kmph. As for the rest of the mileage... I quote Ghalib: "Humko maalum hai jannat ki haqueekat, lekin dil behlaane ke liye Ghalib, yeh bhi khayal acchcha hai"
Jayant06 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 20:55   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Josevijay, you should join us for a ride sometime !!!

mobike008, I would love to join you all on a ride. Sadly, the bike is not with me right now. My friend who has just returned from the U.S to stay here for few months has snatched it away from me. Need to wait for at least a couple or more months before I get back my bike. He too loves long distance riding.
Old 7th October 2014, 22:09   #744
BHPian

Quote:
If your heart is stuck on Stripple, you should buy that. Never compromise.

Btw, did you ride any of these bikes?
The dealership here in Calcutta hasn't yet formally opened, so they're yet to get test ride bikes for all the models. However, I did manage to get a good TD of the Daytona and the Tiger 800XC. Loved both of them, specially the 675. I was actually grinning inside my helmet all the time. And that is why, despite not TDing it, I've fallen for the Striple.
Have ridden the Ninja 650 quite a bit in the past, it just feels like a bigger version of my daily ride (the Honda 250): jack of all trades. Problem in the equation came when I heard the stock Bonnie purr for the first time. It is so lovely to hear that sound!

Quote:
I think Street Tripple returns similar mileage to a Bonnie. I dont think it can return as much as the Daytona. But, then both are based on same engine so if it returns, I will be shocked thrice
LOL. I'll be quite happy anything north of 20kmpl, to be honest.
Quote:
Each time I come home from a ride, park my bike, remove my helmet, glance at the Bonnie, shake my head in disbelief and tell myself " What a brilliant bike this is"
And that is how a bike purchase should be! It should make you smile every single time.
Old 7th October 2014, 23:09   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Even I was suprised as I had specifically requested all to set trip meter to zero and then we refueled twice and everyone checked the FE and these shocking figures came to light.

Both the Tiger and Daytona were gunning all through with Daytona always in the front so iam surprised even more. Perhaps the smaller cubic capacity of the engine matters as one is 675cc and other is 800cc
Let me put my own doubts and thoughts on this! Don't you think the landscape has played it's part in your FE? What were the speeds you were doing? I still can't believe the FE figures you have mentioned.
Old 7th October 2014, 23:09   #746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Problem in the equation came when I heard the stock Bonnie purr for the first time. It is so lovely to hear that sound!
DS,

Hear Hear !!! I fully sympathies are with you and can relate with the difficulty you are having at present.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 09:57   #747
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:

Ninja is enjoyable after 120, between 80 to 120 engine vibration is felt. At low speed Ninja requires frequent gear change, which makes city ride not enjoyable. Because of 180 degree parallel twin, it sounds like single cylinder bike at low speed. Ninja needs efforts on twisty roads, front heaviness can be felt while bending on ghats, which intern makes rider slightly tiered.

But when it comes to straight highway, Ninja is best. There is hardly any wind-blast, where as Bonnie has worst wind-blast. Ninja is very quick compare to Bonnie, 160-180 are effortless on Ninja, it picks up these figure on slight twist of your right hand and it rides very easy at such speed. Ninaj's suspension is very good, swallows any type of road.

Bonnie is very easy to ride in city and on twists roads. Engine is smooth at any speed, where as Ninja is smother only after 120. Bonnie needs less gear changes. Bonnie's seating is more comfortable compare to Ninaj's.

Bonnie's rear suspension is very hard, we three of us from Pune already upgraded our Bonnie's suspension. Bonnie has less GC, it always scraps on breaker but after changing suspension which are longer than stock, Bonnie GC is increased and no scrapping on speed breaker now.

Ninja has very soft front suspension which makes sudden breaking dangerous, it requires you to practice 3000 to 4000 kms before you start opening her up. I had owned 5 different bikes before buying Ninja, still I had to practice Ninja these many KMs.

While Bonnie is very friendly to rider, few hundred KMs of riding and you could manage her quite well. Bonnie's breaking is much better than Ninja.

Ninja city mileage is equivalent to Bonnie. On highway Ninja makes you smile for less fuel consumption.

Let me know if you need any further input, will try to explain.
pawan_pullarwar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 11:16   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
DS,

Hear Hear !!! I fully sympathies are with you and can relate with the difficulty you are having at present.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Sir, I myself am amazed. The last time I rode a 48, and with no disrespect to HD owners because a motorcycle is a very personal preference, I started yawning within 15 minutes of riding. And on the same highway that I have absolute fun on, even on my puny 250. So, I had my reservations when it came to the Bonnie.
But the moment I thumbed the starter, I knew this doesn't at all come in that category: probably just looks like it. Which reminds me, what fit and finish levels! A genuinely, and this is a tall claim, complete product from the Triumph stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Ninja is enjoyable after 120, between 80 to 120 engine vibration is felt. At low speed Ninja requires frequent gear change, which makes city ride not enjoyable. .....
Thanks for the detailed response, Pawan. It concurs with most of my experiences with the bikes. However, I've the following queries:

1. How much of the wind blast would be masked in the Bonnie with the addition of a windscreen? (Say, the summer screen, not the longhaul one)

2. How's the engine heat felt at city speeds, since one is an air-cooled naked and the other is a liquid cooled faired.

3. How much better is the Ninja when it comes to ground clearance, given it has an underbelly exhaust?

Thanks.
dreamseller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2014, 12:09   #749
BHPian

Pawan, what suspension have you upgraded to?
Old 8th October 2014, 13:09   #750
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for the detailed response, Pawan. It concurs with most of my experiences with the bikes. However, I've the following queries:

1. How much of the wind blast would be masked in the Bonnie with the addition of a windscreen? (Say, the summer screen, not the longhaul one)

2. How's the engine heat felt at city speeds, since one is an air-cooled naked and the other is a liquid cooled faired.

3. How much better is the Ninja when it comes to ground clearance, given it has an underbelly exhaust?

Thanks.
1. I haven't yet put the windscreen on my Bonnie neither rode Bonnie with windscreen, so can not comment on it. Avinash should be able to tell, I think he rode Bonnie with windscreen on.

2. At low speed Ninja used to get hotter than Bonnie. But if you are not stuck in traffic, both the bikes are same.

3. Ninja's ground clearance is pretty good. I rode her on worst road without scrapping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Pawan, what suspension have you upgraded to?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ml#post3525051

Here is my Triumph Bonneville with Continental GT suspension, fits directly without any mod.
pawan_pullarwar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks