Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2014, 13:51   #811
BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville Discussion Thread: My "Black Bruiser" is SOLD :( !!!

I am not able to find the post which mentioned about the less teeth sprockets for Bonneville. Can anyone help me ?
Old 7th November 2014, 08:57   #812
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
@mobike : I visited Tadoba on 28th (Morning Gypsy Safari) and on 29th with our own car. Ride was good. Did'nt take much photos near gate. Have you spend night inside Tadoba forest in any resort ? It's amazing experience to spend night inside forest. One must experience it.

I am visiting Tadoba since my childhood, when it was open to all without any gate and the entry was free without any guide to anywhere in the forest.
Oh! You sound like a veteran of Tadoba. Next time we request you to join us to show us around the place

We skipped buffer zone but, did 2 safaris in the main forest

Loved the forest. Its extremely lush and very clean with lot of dense foilage.

Here is a video from our 1000kms Tadoba trip. Hope you guys like it

mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 09:11   #813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Oh! You sound like a veteran of Tadoba. Next time we request you to join us to show us around the place. We skipped buffer zone but, did 2 safaris in the main forest

Loved the forest. Its extremely lush and very clean with lot of dense foilage.

Here is a video from our 1000kms Tadoba trip. Hope you guys like it
Nice work!
Mobike! go ride your bike
I had to see it twice since I was expecting you in your Bonnie and was wondering how come you are absent!

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th November 2014 at 16:31. Reason: Please dont quote videos, emoticons and images. Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 16:33   #814
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Mobike! go ride your bike
I had to see it twice since I was expecting you in your Bonnie and was wondering how come you are absent!
Haha! I asked the young guy who was editing this video twice to change my name as he thought i was on Bonnie but, credits are still incorrect ( or, is it correct?)

I rode Street Tripple for > 50kms and it was fun to ride that bike.....
Old 8th November 2014, 15:19   #815
BHPian

Test Rode Bonny yesterday for a very short distance around KBR park , inital impression is bike feels planted , very smooth engine , inspite of 800 odd cc engine bike is more relaxed to ride , i was expecting a jerking ride overall very impressed however couple of queries .

a) how is to ride in city traffic ,since max useage would be city with occasional highway runs ,
b) felt the handle bar to be little low and the front foot pegs little reccessed make you lean forward a bit , does it hurt at wrist or shoulders over long runs
c) how does the bike handle with pillon, since would be using for local runaround with wifey or kid in tow ( like dropping kid to school )
Old 9th November 2014, 21:34   #816
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
a) how is to ride in city traffic ,since max useage would be city with occasional highway runs
Ride is brilliant. Be it city or highway. It can dart in and out of traffic like an eel and blast the hell out on highway and capable of some insane speeds

Quote:
b) felt the handle bar to be little low and the front foot pegs little reccessed make you lean forward a bit , does it hurt at wrist or shoulders over long runs
Handle bar is in perfect position for a comfortable ride. You feel its low because you ride a RE Thunderbird. I felt it was higher because I ride a Classic 500

Trust me, I would not fiddle with stock handle bar. its just PERFECT!!!

Quote:
c) how does the bike handle with pillon, since would be using for local runaround with wifey or kid in tow ( like dropping kid to school )
Pillion riders would be happier folks (compared to your TB350) and would enjoy the ride as its a very comfortable bike both for rider as well as passenger with ample seat space. However, if you dont use the throttle judiciously the pillion might feel the power tad uncomfortable as the Bonnie is very torqy machine

@Ricci, responding to your query about my thoughts on upgrade ( which btw isnt happening)

I rode the Street Tripple and very impressed with its power and overall characteristics. I have also touched an unmentionable speed on the Stripple and feel the wind blast is no better than the Bonnie.

It's front feels light and not in synch with overall bike dyanamics ( might be a feeling for big and heavier guys like me) but, I think Stripple is ideal for folks who are shorter and lighter in body mass

Given the chance, I will buy the Bonnie yet again. But, If i ever want to upgrade. It has to be a Tiger 800XC
Old 9th November 2014, 22:39   #817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At the ongoing Cologne Motorcycle show, Triumph has launched 3 limited edition Bonnevilles to go on sale in January 2015
New Church is just wow! Hope they launch it here at an affordable price

And yes,Bonnies sells ok but why not Thruxton? Price?

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th November 2014 at 16:24. Reason: reducing the quoted post length...
Old 10th November 2014, 13:10   #818
Distinguished - BHPian

Yet again, the "Magnificient 7" on Saturday rode towards Vijayawada highway (this route is least preferred due to heavy traffic conditions while returning into city) but, i love this highway because its 4-lane and not too broad but, has many sweeping turns and also I have noted that the wind blast on this highway is lower than other highways helping in going faster than usual

We rode for about 80-90kms one way before taking a U-turn and stopping at my favorite breakfast place which is healthy option as they serve in clay bowls and every item on the menu is a healthy one consisting of multi-grain, ragi, jowar etc

We all enjoyed a multigrain dosa with lovely lemony tasted beetroot juice which was simply delightful.

Rebel motors participated with a Tiger 800XC

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20141108wa017.jpg

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20141108wa007.jpg

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20141108wa025.jpg

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20141108wa026.jpg

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20141108_092619.jpg

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20141108_092938.jpg

I got a chance to ride the Tiger 800XC (did a couple of test rides in the city earlier) thoroughly for 60+kms on the highway as well as heavy city traffic.

I was suitably impressed with Tiger 800XC. A quick snapshot of likes and dislikes below :-

1. Bike is huge and quite tall. Being over 6ft, my feet were barely touching flatly on the ground

2. It's an amazing torquy machine. However, its not as torqy as Bonnie in the 1st gear. 2nd gear onwards, it just flies. It puts distances between two objects quite alarmingly and reaches its top speed also fairly quickly

3. Arrow on the Tiger sounded very sweet and unlike the Bonnie one, they are perfectly loud without being overbearing like in Bonnie. I think this is a must add-on for overtaking those slow moving traffic on highway (a simple downshift and revv the engine is enough to make them scatter away in a hurry)

4. Despite it's thin front tyres, I was surprised with it's handling. I was deliberately trying to weave in some sparse traffic and it felt agile and nimble to a large extent. Very nice !!

5. Brakes are simply brilliant

6. Power is more than the Bonnie and it can be felt when you start upshifting from 2nd gear onwards. It just takes off and reaches unmentionable speeds with ease

7. I was at ease on this tall monster almost immediately and felt like I was sitting on first floor of a double-decker bus..LOL

Dislike

1. During heavy traffic run, I felt some weight on my hands from handle bar ( maybe I was gripping it too tightly)

2. Gearshifts weren't very smooth. Iam used to butter smooth ones of Bonnie, these felt little clunkier in comparison

3. When you are getting off the bike, your legs will surely hit the grab rails

Tiger 800XC draws simply too much attention in traffic. People were gaping as if I came right out of a transformer movie. Not to mention its intimidating road presence

If I ever upgrade my Bonnie (might buy yet another Bonnie......seriously Bonnie is an all rounder)....Jokes aside, it will be a powerful adventure bike like the Tiger

Yours truly

My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20141108wa030.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th November 2014 at 13:58.
mobike008 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 19:48   #819
BHPian

Quote:
We rode for about 80-90kms one way before taking a U-turn and stopping at my favorite breakfast place which is healthy option as they serve in clay bowls and every item on the menu is a healthy one consisting of multi-grain, ragi, jowar etc

We all enjoyed a multigrain dosa with lovely lemony tasted beetroot juice which was simply delightful.
I remember looking at this place while I drove towards Nalgonda last month. My bad, I forgot the name of the place. How was the food? Next time I will surely stop here for my refreshments depending on your feedback about the place.
Old 11th November 2014, 12:27   #820
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
And yes,Bonnies sells ok but why not Thruxton? Price?
Thruxton is a glorious looking bike and its fit, finish and overall quality can grab eyeballs.

However, the reason for not even selling even one ( I think Hyderabad sold only 1) is its cafe racer position.

I rode the Thruxton for about 50kms and just didnt like it at all

--Footpegs are far behind
--Handling isn't that great ( T100 seemed better in comparison)
--Engine wasn't that refined (even though its same engine but this one fires differently at 270 degrees)

Overall, bike is lovely to ride but, it just didnt cut it for me and iam sure its the same feeling for all. Thats why it isnt finding lot of fans in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
I remember looking at this place while I drove towards Nalgonda last month. My bad, I forgot the name of the place. How was the food? Next time I will surely stop here for my refreshments depending on your feedback about the place.
Village Organics/Organics Restuarant

Food is excellent and they serve 3-4 different type of chutneys and they all taste awesome

Try their beetroot juice. It was fabulous !!!

I like this place better than the famous "Hillpark"
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 16:39   #821
BHPian

BRAT update
--------------
We went on a 400+ km ride to Halebeedu on 09-Nov-2014 as part of the Sunday Breakfast ride.

Assembled near the Yeshwantpur Metro around 6:15am and started riding around 6:30am.

Took the diversion towards Mangalore highway and rode non stop till we reached Hotel Mayura at Bellur Cross for a wonderful Idli-vada breakfast. A few Ninja's, Harleys, and a huge contingent of the RE's also arrived and some of the four wheeled passengers who halted at the restaurant just walked around these bikes happily clicking away selfies.

While two of the fellow BRAT riders, turned back towards Bengaluru, we darted towards Hassan at moderate speeds enjoying the scenic view all around. Halebeedu was around 25-30km away from Hassan as we took the necessary diversion in the city. Finally we arrived at the destination around 10:15am and wandered about the beautiful architectural monument.

After a few photo clicks and some relaxing walk around, we started our journey back home. It was around 1pm when we reached Swathi hotel near Bellur cross again where a few stopped for lunch while the four of us continued. It was 3pm when I got back home and 460kms on the trip. The post ride bliss stayed in my head the entire Sun eve and a good night sleep followed.

Last edited by mobike008 : 11th November 2014 at 16:53. Reason: please give space between paragraphs for easy readability...thanks
live&ride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 16:55   #822
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live&ride View Post
BRAT update
--------------
We went on a 400+ km ride to Halebeedu on 09-Nov-2014 as part of the Sunday Breakfast ride.
Thanks for sharing your updates here. Along with updates, would appreciate some pictures as well to liven up things

Btw, 8.5 hours to cover 460kms including breakfast and stops is quite something
Old 13th November 2014, 14:32   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got a chance to ride the Tiger 800XC (did a couple of test rides in the city earlier) thoroughly for 60+kms on the highway as well as heavy city traffic. I was suitably impressed with Tiger 800XC. A quick snapshot of likes and dislikes below
Avi you're the man dude! I am sorry for bringing up the Triumph Tiger yet again on this thread but can't help it man I just can't help drool and fantasize over this bike man! Your short review on the Tiger 800 XC makes it even better, I dread what will happen to me when I sit on this tall bike, looking at you barely able to touch your feet inspite being 6' ft tall, I am a modest 5.9' so I would be really struggling while standstill I think. Buddy you and me are from the same school of riders, I wanted to buy the Bonneville and wanted it badly but settled for the Thunderbird 500 EFi by telling myself, "save some money and buy the Tiger 1200 XC later" although Bonneville is a very capable machine and can hold its own. A lovely retro classic I must say.

I think the seat height can be adjusted in Tiger 1200 XC but I'm not sure about the Tiger 800 XC. Your points mentioned in likes and dislikes is helps budding buyers like me a lot. Your Black Bruiser holds its own in the midst of these big boys.

I always wonder whether the T100's pea shooter silencer can be used on the Bonneville, if yes it would look awesome.

By the way the Triumph Tiger 800 XC suits you!

Last edited by mobike008 : 13th November 2014 at 18:23. Reason: Reducing length of quoted post :)...2 smileys only per post pls
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 14:53   #824
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Avi you're the man dude! I am sorry for bringing up the Triumph Tiger yet again on this thread but can't help it man I just can't help drool and fantasize over this bike man! Your short review on the Tiger 800 XC makes it even better, I dread what will happen to me when I sit on this tall bike, looking at you barely able to touch your feet inspite being 6' ft tall, I am a modest 5.9' so I would be really struggling while standstill I think. Buddy you and me are from the same school of riders, I wanted to buy the Bonneville and wanted it badly but settled for the Thunderbird 500 EFi by telling myself, "save some money and buy the Tiger 1200 XC later" although Bonneville is a very capable machine and can hold its own. A lovely retro classic I must say.
I rode the Tiger 1200 as well. At 24 Lakhs OTR, I dont see much value for 1200 except that it's power is brutal to say the least and is not even comparable to Tiger 800. With its full electronics and massive size (much wider than Tiger 800), its in a different league altogether

Sigh...meant for those lucky ones with deep pockets

Quote:
I think the seat height can be adjusted in Tiger 1200 XC but I'm not sure about the Tiger 800 XC. Your points mentioned in likes and dislikes is helps budding buyers like me a lot. Your Black Bruiser holds its own in the midst of these big boys.
I rode the entire stable of Triumph and have to confess each and every bike is a gem in its own way with the primary feature being smooth engines and good handling. however, i still love the Bonnie as its a perfect all-rounder and VFM

In short, never sell Bonnie and add a Tiger 800XC ( Ideal garage for me)

Quote:
I always wonder whether the T100's pea shooter silencer can be used on the Bonneville, if yes it would look awesome.
Bonnie SE/ASE doesnt come with Pea shooters. But, abroad I think people have done quite a bit of mods and might have added the peashooters to the Bonnie. But, I personally feel the peashooter wont suit the Bonnie as its perfect for T100

Which reminds me, I was at the showroom the other day and saw a orange and white T100 with a thruxton seat and gleaming in full glory and looked like it can be added to a collectors garage. The sight of that bike just blew me away ( sorry, no pics)

Chrome on T100 is simply awesome and perfect for chrome lovers and will surely dazzle them

Quote:
By the way the Triumph Tiger 800 XC suits you!
Thank you ! Wish the pocket also matched the bike's price

Last edited by mobike008 : 13th November 2014 at 14:56.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 20:56   #825
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
--Engine wasn't that refined (even though its same engine but this one fires differently at 270 degrees)
"
The website shows that thruxton is 360deg firing interval. On the uk website it is the scrambler that has the 270deg firing interval. This might be right because the 270deg firing has less hp compared to the 360deg. Whereas the thruxton has 1 bhp more than the se bonnie

Most Viewed