Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2014, 19:48   #871
BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville Discussion Thread: My "Black Bruiser" is SOLD :( !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
. Unfortunately, the place iam relocating to rains a lot and is cold so riding would be a seasonal activity
Is it where the queen rules the country and the prince has married again after his earlier princess died in a car accident which is still being said was a planned murder?
Old 2nd December 2014, 20:35   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishiSuri View Post
Is it where the queen rules the country and the prince has married again after his earlier princess died in a car accident which is still being said was a planned murder?
Is it a place where people send emails randomly when they can't sleep? Couldn't resist @mobike008. Stop the suspense 😂

Last edited by djpeesh : 2nd December 2014 at 20:36.
Old 4th December 2014, 15:39   #873
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
I love my bonnie dearly and I'm perfectly content to use it solely on weekends. But will you be?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Dont intend to ride the bike on weekdays or in traffic, have a few friends who ride out weekends.
Sunday breakfasts specially, and will try that for starters is what I have in mind.
Hyderabad is anyday better in infrastructure than Mumbai or Bangalore (especially in terms of roads). We have simply beautiful roads all over the place and finding a pothole and speedbreaker is actually a task and traffic ofcourse is heavy but, no comparison to Bangalore or Mumbai

Despite above ideal conditions, I probably rode the Bonnie to work (26kms one way) maybe 2-3 times at most. My bullet which I owned for 3 years maybe 5-6 times at most.

To give you an example, I rode my bullet to work last week and returned home during peak hour (6:30pm-7:10pm) traffic condition in 40 mins (26kms), out of which 18kms done in 15 minutes. Tell me which big city offers this type of luxury?

My personal thing is when iam going to work, iam in different clothes, shoes and ofcourse mindset. So riding to work doesnt suit me as i have to deal with clients and i cannot present myself in unkempt fashion (owing to riding a bike)

Hence, I enjoy my biking over weekends and at the same time dont want to make it look so normal by riding it every single day

Just my 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
On that note, i never looked at the Bonnie from the BHP perspective. To me the 7bhp doesnt really make a difference and wouldnt make a difference even if i was a Bonnie owner and found out about the scam later. I wont be setting any roads on fire anyways though i do indulge in fairly spirited riding.(ofcourse, to each his own)
Same here. I never looked at Bonnie from a BHP perspective nor it's supposedly plain jane looks. I bought it because I fell in love with how it rode so even for me the realization that it has 7 horses less doesnt worry me so much than the fact that I have been taken for a ride

Not to mention, what a different hooligan it would be had it "really" been 68 horses instead of the 61BHP which itself is so pleasurable ( iam sure a solution will be provided by Triumph India eventually to all Bonnie owners as well)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
My only concern now, after knowing about this scam is that im concerned about Triumph honoring the warranty for its customers. Because, if you can lie about specs, you cannot be trusted about the warranty. This can be a concern for existing and potential owners.
Like all scams that happen in our country. Initially, we react strongly to such scams, scream our heart out and when we get tired or when people stop listening/caring. We get back to our normal lives.

Triumph India scam is and will be exactly like that. People will forget and forgive and life will go on (Primarily because they indeed have a brillaint set of wheels on offering)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishiSuri View Post
Quote:
Is it a place where people send emails randomly when they can't sleep? Couldn't resist @mobike008. Stop the suspense ��
My apologies, I had no intention of keeping it a suspense. Iam moving to Seattle, WA

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th December 2014 at 15:41.
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2014, 16:49   #874
BHPian

Quote:

My apologies, I had no intention of keeping it a suspense. Iam moving to Seattle, WA
Lucky you! It might rain a lot in Seattle but I think it has a decent biking scene, the custom/cafe/vintage/classic motorcycle scene is pretty happening, from what I gather. If you hang out at the right places you should see tons of Triumph Bonnies, Honda CBs, older Brit, Italian, Japanese and BMW classics etc. Lots of used bike deals around - check out the local Craigslist, ebay, as well as bike workshops, etc. You'l be spoiled for choices!

If you don't already have one, immediately take the 2-day basic riding course organized by the local Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF), at the end of which you're eligible to get a US motorcycle driving license (I did this in NYC a few years ago) - alternately you can always take the motorcycle test from the local Dept. of Motor Vehicles (DMV).

Best of luck and keep us updated.

... meanwhile I ponder whether or not to go for that Bonnie T-100 from the Delhi or Kolkata dealer post-detuning-debacle, and whether they have any plans for bringing the Scrambler into the Indian market ...

Last edited by grplr02 : 4th December 2014 at 16:51. Reason: adding stuff ...
Old 4th December 2014, 19:20   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Saw an ad in Mumbai olx last week for t100 ,abt 1000kms and 40k worth ACC's for around 7lacs .quite a deal for new bike mh02 reg
Yes thanks, I tried contacting the guy a couple of times but no response to Calls/Text/WhatsApp.
Given it was a T100, I too gave up chase.

Quote:
Hyderabad is anyday better in infrastructure than Mumbai or Bangalore (especially in terms of roads). We have simply beautiful roads all over the place and finding a pothole and speedbreaker is actually a task and traffic ofcourse is heavy but, no comparison to Bangalore or Mumbai

Despite above ideal conditions, I probably rode the Bonnie to work (26kms one way) maybe 2-3 times at most. My bullet which I owned for 3 years maybe 5-6 times at most.

To give you an example, I rode my bullet to work last week and returned home during peak hour (6:30pm-7:10pm) traffic condition in 40 mins (26kms), out of which 18kms done in 15 minutes. Tell me which big city offers this type of luxury?

My personal thing is when iam going to work, iam in different clothes, shoes and ofcourse mindset. So riding to work doesnt suit me as i have to deal with clients and i cannot present myself in unkempt fashion (owing to riding a bike)

Hence, I enjoy my biking over weekends and at the same time dont want to make it look so normal by riding it every single day

Just my 2 cents

Same here. I never looked at Bonnie from a BHP perspective nor it's supposedly plain jane looks. I bought it because I fell in love with how it rode so even for me the realization that it has 7 horses less doesnt worry me so much than the fact that I have been taken for a ride

Not to mention, what a different hooligan it would be had it "really" been 68 horses instead of the 61BHP which itself is so pleasurable ( iam sure a solution will be provided by Triumph India eventually to all Bonnie owners as well)

Like all scams that happen in our country. Initially, we react strongly to such scams, scream our heart out and when we get tired or when people stop listening/caring. We get back to our normal lives.

Triumph India scam is and will be exactly like that. People will forget and forgive and life will go on (Primarily because they indeed have a brillaint set of wheels on offering)

Completely my thoughts.
Only plan to ride small/short distances around neighborhood or out of town on weekends.

Say, have been thinking of a solo test ride.
Will the ride dynamics change drastically?
Old 4th December 2014, 19:39   #876
BHPian

Go take a solo test ride mandheer. With motorcycles, you got to feel it. So don't take our word for it. I have a friend who hated the Bonnie and loved the Iron. I was the exact opposite. So go enjoy Triumph's generosity with test rides while it lasts. I test rode it 5 times before forking over the money.
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 10:38   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Go take a solo test ride mandheer. With motorcycles, you got to feel it. So don't take our word for it. I have a friend who hated the Bonnie and loved the Iron. I was the exact opposite. So go enjoy Triumph's generosity with test rides while it lasts. I test rode it 5 times before forking over the money.
Thanks DJ, will surely do that. Generous they are.
Haven't even ventured to the HD showroom, might just not.
The only one I like from their stable is the 'Fat Bob', but it is exorbitantly expensive.

Last edited by mobike008 : 9th December 2014 at 17:00. Reason: excluded my ad and contact info details... :)
Old 11th December 2014, 20:45   #878
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have a friend who hated the Bonnie and loved the Iron. I was the exact opposite.
Sid, I missed this comment somehow. Good to know that finally someone test rode both bikes and hated the Bonnie.

I'll take a wild guess here, he might be only person alive to think like that

Quote:
The only one I like from their stable is the 'Fat Bob', but it is exorbitantly expensive.
Somewhat similar thoughts here. Only bike I like from Harley stable is the "Fat Boy". Bob looks a bit like Storm to me....
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 14:33   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Sid, I missed this comment somehow. Good to know that finally someone test rode both bikes and hated the Bonnie.

I'll take a wild guess here, he might be only person alive to think like that

Somewhat similar thoughts here. Only bike I like from Harley stable is the "Fat Boy". Bob looks a bit like Storm to me....
Fat Boy is the real deal Harley IMO.

Friends suggested to try the Ninja 650, there are a bunch of them, being sold by some owners.

Thought for a bit, it's a good bike etc, but somehow the looks of a Sports Tourer do not appeal to me.

I wouldn't mind a good CBR for a try, but Classics have a space of their own.

Just saying. What has been your feedback if you've or anyone you know has tried the Bonnie compared to a Sports bike?
Old 12th December 2014, 16:17   #880
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What has been your feedback if you've or anyone you know has tried the Bonnie compared to a Sports bike?
I rode a bunch of Sports/Street bikes right from Ninja to Yamaha to Street Tripple to Daytona. Some for longer distances and some for short distances

My personal opinion is that sports/street bikes are really fast and they have a very different posture and its purely an invididual choice of buying and riding them. Most of the proper sportsbike are just weekend rides

Bikes like Daytona especially is just for weekend rides and track days. It just cannot be used in city at all ( know a few young chaps who own and are complaining of back pain and last 15kms ride back home via heavy city traffic is most horrying for them as per their confession)

Most comfortable in order would be N650 and Street Tripple

After riding so many bikes, I still prefer the Bonnie as its a perfect allrounder as it has a very relaxed posture, good power and torque and you can crunch miles on it without any fatigue
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 17:10   #881
BHPian

Quote:
I rode a bunch of Sports/Street bikes right from Ninja to Yamaha to Street Tripple to Daytona. Some for longer distances and some for short distances

My personal opinion is that sports/street bikes are really fast and they have a very different posture and its purely an invididual choice of buying and riding them. Most of the proper sportsbike are just weekend rides

Bikes like Daytona especially is just for weekend rides and track days. It just cannot be used in city at all ( know a few young chaps who own and are complaining of back pain and last 15kms ride back home via heavy city traffic is most horrying for them as per their confession)

Most comfortable in order would be N650 and Street Tripple

After riding so many bikes, I still prefer the Bonnie as its a perfect allrounder as it has a very relaxed posture, good power and torque and you can crunch miles on it without any fatigue
Thanks a lot Avi, really helpful.

The last bike I rode around town and on weekend trips outside Mumbai was the Bullet 500.

Compared to the rearset footpegs on the Bonneville, it was like sitting on a chair and riding the 500. (it was stock)

I noticed even on the Bullet (350 and 500), the back would hurt and go rounded/slouched once fatigue set in; after a long ride out of town.

The slightly rearset footpegs on Bonnie ensure the knees hug the tank and put the back in a wee bit arched and relaxed position, with the handlebars at just the right height. (which in a sports bike would be fairly lower, again causing back to round outwards, while reaching out to grab the handlebars)

Just using some postural cues from my weightlifting understanding.

Bonneville would by far be very comfortable. Even cruisers are a very abnormal position to sit (legs and arms outstretched), specially log distance without rounding one's back.

Power, yes it seemed ample enough, really ample.
mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 20:58   #882
BHPian

Quote:

The slightly rearset footpegs on Bonnie ensure the knees hug the tank and put the back in a wee bit arched and relaxed position, with the handlebars at just the right height. (which in a sports bike would be fairly lower, again causing back to round outwards, while reaching out to grab the handlebars)

Just using some postural cues from my weightlifting understanding.

Bonneville would by far be very comfortable. Even cruisers are a very abnormal position to sit (legs and arms outstretched), specially log distance without rounding one's back.

Power, yes it seemed ample enough, really ample.
You are 100 percent right there. The bonnie seating posture was one of the reasons for buying it. The posture is ideally what my doctor suggested for bike rides i.e. slightly arched back. Feet under you means any bumps and jarrs will be evenly transferred to the legs, waist hands and back as opposed to the fwd footpeg setup on cruisers where all the forces from bumps and jarrs will be borne by the lower spine.
argchoff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2014, 10:40   #883
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The last bike I rode around town and on weekend trips outside Mumbai was the Bullet 500.Compared to the rearset footpegs on the Bonneville, it was like sitting on a chair and riding the 500. (it was stock).I noticed even on the Bullet (350 and 500), the back would hurt and go rounded/slouched once fatigue set in; after a long ride out of town.
Your spot on in terms of your description of the riding position of both the Bullet as well as Bonnie

As may know, I also own a Classic 500 (ownership thread is available on forum) and when I ride my bull, I cannot ride for more than 100kms after which I "need" to stop or my butt is on fire.

Whereas, due to seating postion, footpeg position and most awesome "stock" handle bar position of Bonnie, I can ride continously without any issues for atleast 250kms which i did on a few occasions and still there was no cases of butt on fire or lot of fatigue.

Comparing the Bull to Bonnie is like comparing Chikoo to Blueberries
Old 14th December 2014, 21:10   #884
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As may know, I also own a Classic 500 (ownership thread is available on forum) and when I ride my bull, I cannot ride for more than 100kms after which I "need" to stop or my butt is on fire.
Whereas, due to seating postion, footpeg position and most awesome "stock" handle bar position of Bonnie, I can ride continously without any issues for atleast 250kms which i did on a few occasions and still there was no cases of butt on fire or lot of fatigue.

Comparing the Bull to Bonnie is like comparing Chikoo to Blueberries
Am sure you would have also had the Bullet Thunderbird TB 500 experience. Considering that its seat is supposed to be very comfortable and the seating position different from the Bull and Bonnie how would it compare in chair and butt description terms? Also any difference if one is 5.9 or 6 feet tall? I am 6 feet tall heavy and wide load with minor back issues and very curious of your subjective opinion on these 3 ergonomics wise.
Old 16th December 2014, 14:23   #885
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Am sure you would have also had the Bullet Thunderbird TB 500 experience. Considering that its seat is supposed to be very comfortable and the seating position different from the Bull and Bonnie how would it compare in chair and butt description terms? Also any difference if one is 5.9 or 6 feet tall? I am 6 feet tall heavy and wide load with minor back issues and very curious of your subjective opinion on these 3 ergonomics wise.
I have outlined a brief feedback after riding BHPian Insearch's TB500 for about 40+kms. We had basically exchanged our bikes.

Here is the feedback from my Bull thread :-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3131852

Going by your description of personal stats (iam almost same like you in terms of height and width), you would definetly be more comfortable on a TB than the Classic

Classic 500 is not the most comfortable bike to ride (stock form as in seats and handle bar)
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks