Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2015, 12:55   #901
BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville Discussion Thread: My "Black Bruiser" is SOLD !!!

Finally took the plunge, but bought a Kawasaki Ninja 650 instead.

It was on my radar, also coz it offered a 'similar' seating as the Bonneville.

Found a friend who is also a Tbhp member, and bought it off him.

Saved myself some dough too, will ride this for now and take it slow from here.
mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2015, 09:10   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

There goes my contemplation of a "Harley Fatboy" out of the window
Hi mobike008, If your heart says (like mine did) "HD Fatboy", do go for it! Don't worry about other people's perceptions or impressions about Harleys.

If you are riding a HD, you don't NEED to buy into the "cult" biking scene or scowling tough/macho guy image at all - you ride it because you like to ride a high powered cruiser rather than a sportsbike.

Due to family reasons, I don't have the time to go on weekend organised ride groups - I ride my Fatboy when I can (usually alone or with some friends). I have not even joined HOG let alone any of the hardcore or pretend-hardcore clubs.

Indulge YOUR passion - let the people who want to pose and preen, do it. This is the same with many of the superbike clubs too where fortunes are spent on shaving fractions of a second off track times so they can proudly boast about it.

One thing you will notice in the US is that while Harleys in India are usually ridden by well-off people, in the US, Australia etc, most Harleys are ridden by blue collar workers. You will find many HD rat bikes around and the typical blue collar riders hate the pretentious poseurs who dress up head to toe in HD branded fancy dress to cruise up & down the local posing strip (the same applies for any of the other "cults" like Ducati, BMW etc)!

All the best!
LTAutoMad is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 10:54   #903
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTAutoMad View Post
Hi mobike008, If your heart says (like mine did) "HD Fatboy", do go for it! Don't worry about other people's perceptions
or impressions about Harleys.
Fantastic insights. Liked the way you put it. I would love to buy a bike irrespective of its brand for its riding prowess and its ability to make me happy while riding. That's my simple expectations

As of now dealing with settling down here and getting the first car off the block.....Will have to put the bike purchase on the back burner at least for 6 months but, hope to buy one by summer time here
Old 13th September 2015, 11:11   #904

Hi guys. This is my first post on any forum so far and I actually feel compelled to thank all you guys for such in-depth detailed reviews on the performance of the bonneville from TR to ownership plus feedback after various varied riding conditions. Thanks specially to Mobike008 who set the precedent and a good one indeed.

I for one have been trying to decide on my next ride after the 390 which I absolutely love and looking at an affordable dual tourer so the wife can join on some rides for a while now. Obviously the Bonnie seemed the best choice but I just couldn't get a TR from Keerthi on 3 occasions (my luck I guess) due to some or the other issue.

But after all these reviews I have decided to book the Bonneville. Will post once I get the bike around Dussehra I hope.

Just wanted to thank everyone for all ur inputs. Safe riding guys. !! Cheers

Ps: any one installed the BC predators? Any idea of cost or domestic sourcing ?
imxtreme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 21:43   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imxtreme View Post
I had them on my older 2006-model carburettor 790cc Bonneville when I lived in the US. Going from factory exhausts to these BC Predator kits (had also done the whole airbox removal process), they really woke up the engine - from the feeble sewing-machine sound it turned to a proper deep-throated growl, also seemed to give a wee bit more power, LOVED them! Don't know where you'd source them in India though.
grplr02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 23:59   #906
BHPian

Quote:

A friend has them here in Bombay. He paid 70k for the full kit (including secondary air injection removal, k&n filters, and the duty). He ordered from the British customs website.

I rode the bike 500 km and honestly, the exhausts were too loud. On the way to Goa, I was riding behind him and I went deaf, even though I was running the TORs. Still, it does bump up power and makes the power delivery super duper smooth.
djpeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 20:48   #907
Senior - BHPian

Dear Friends, I'm contemplating a Bonneville SE in Bangalore. I called up Keerthi Triumph here and was told that only the Black will be available and production of the dual blue/white and the Grey are temporarily suspended till further notice. Wanted to confirm if this is a fact or is it just to push their existing stocks. Also, I was told the ex-showroom price is 6.34L whereas the website shows 6.19L. On road comes to 7.56L
Old 30th September 2015, 21:08   #908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys. This is my first post on any forum so far and I actually feel compelled to thank all you guys for such in-depth detailed reviews on the performance of the bonneville from TR to ownership plus feedback after various varied riding conditions. Thanks specially to Mobike008 who set the precedent and a good one indeed.

I for one have been trying to decide on my next ride after the 390 which I absolutely love and looking at an affordable dual tourer so the wife can join on some rides for a while now. Obviously the Bonnie seemed the best choice but I just couldn't get a TR from Keerthi on 3 occasions (my luck I guess) due to some or the other issue.

But after all these reviews I have decided to book the Bonneville. Will post once I get the bike around Dussehra I hope.

Just wanted to thank everyone for all ur inputs. Safe riding guys. !! Cheers

Welcome to TBHP . Bonnie is a very good choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grplr02 View Post
I had them on my older 2006-model carburettor 790cc Bonneville when I lived in the US. Going from factory exhausts to these BC Predator kits (had also done the whole airbox removal process), they really woke up the engine - from the feeble sewing-machine sound it turned to a proper deep-throated growl, also seemed to give a wee bit more power, LOVED them! Don't know where you'd source them in India though.
A friend has and he has done other works too on it and seems his does 180 easily and feels like its doing 120. I am yet to ride it since the bike is at Cochin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
A friend has them here in Bombay. He paid 70k for the full kit (including secondary air injection removal, k&n filters, and the duty). He ordered from the British customs website.

I rode the bike 500 km and honestly, the exhausts were too loud. On the way to Goa, I was riding behind him and I went deaf, even though I was running the TORs. Still, it does bump up power and makes the power delivery super duper smooth.
Yes, heard its loud and wouldnt be practical if you live in a residential area ( just my 2 paise).

Tor is the best thing, VFM for that price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Dear Friends, I'm contemplating a Bonneville SE in Bangalore. I called up Keerthi Triumph here and was told that only the Black will be available and production of the dual blue/white and the Grey are temporarily suspended till further notice. Wanted to confirm if this is a fact or is it just to push their existing stocks. Also, I was told the ex-showroom price is 6.34L whereas the website shows 6.19L. On road comes to 7.56L
Its 7.75 lacs here in Kerala and hence shouldnt it be more at BLR?.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 09:09   #909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Its 7.75 lacs here in Kerala and hence shouldnt it be more at BLR?.
Yesterday, he had told it is 7.56 on road in Bangalore. I'm sure it must be less in Kerala. Maybe 7.75 is for T100.

By the way, any update on only black being available? Would you be able to check with the dealer there, if this is true?
Old 1st October 2015, 10:01   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday, he had told it is 7.56 on road in Bangalore. I'm sure it must be less in Kerala. Maybe 7.75 is for T100.

By the way, any update on only black being available? Would you be able to check with the dealer there, if this is true?
Other colours may be available with other dealers for sure. If you have a choice get Keerthi to check the other triumph dealers for stock. A new model is on the anvil and there are multiple articles on the net of the new models testing in Spain. I hear from good sources that by early 2016 will see the new Bonnevilles on sale in India.
Arun Venugopal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 14:25   #911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Triumph India has no stock of Bonnies. Seems Europe is collecting all available Bonnies and hence the issue. If you are lucky you can find other colors with other dealers ( Think Kerala once has 5 left).
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 15:35   #912
BHPian

I happened to meet the Triumph MD in Pune during the distinguished gentlemans ride event. He said that the only colour in the base model bonnie sold in india will be black from now on. Not a very good move.....since the base model handles better than the t100.
argchoff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 16:25   #913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Triumph India has no stock of Bonnies. Seems Europe is collecting all available Bonnies and hence the issue. If you are lucky you can find other colors with other dealers ( Think Kerala once has 5 left).
Thanks for the info. Which means what the dealer said was correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
I happened to meet the Triumph MD in Pune during the distinguished gentlemans ride event. He said that the only colour in the base model bonnie sold in india will be black from now on. Not a very good move.....since the base model handles better than the t100.
Thanks for that input. Helps but sad. Black looks great as well but guess will need to be kept shining
Old 1st October 2015, 17:53   #914
Senior - BHPian

Planning to make a booking for the Bonneville A3 Black on Saturday. Help me with these, friends
- I have been told they can deliver in 10 days after I make the full payment, how do I ensure this is a fresh piece and probably not a display or TD vehicle. Is there a VIN number or something like that which identifies
- what are the bare minimum accessories I need to get - lockable fuel cap, crash guard, engine guard. What else?
- anything else I need to be careful about?
Old 1st October 2015, 18:06   #915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Planning to make a booking for the Bonneville A3 Black on Saturday. Help me with these, friends
- I have been told they can deliver in 10 days after I make the full payment, how do I ensure this is a fresh piece and probably not a display or TD vehicle. Is there a VIN number or something like that which identifies
- what are the bare minimum accessories I need to get - lockable fuel cap, crash guard, engine guard. What else?
- anything else I need to be careful about?
Hello there.

The Demo Bikes would have been registered already as Keerti does give demo bikes for long rides. Hence, unlikely that they will palm off one to you as new.

Mr. Samarth the Manager there (Keerti) and Mr Prasanna, Workshop Manager, both are genuine bikers (in my opinion) and don't think will be party to any such dirty tricks. Talk to them when you go there for booking.

What extra fittings you want with it is up to you. Having said that I think the Sari Guard is compulsory for registration in India and that comes as a standard fitting with the bike, I believe.

All The Best

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks