Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2016, 20:56   #1006
Senior - BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville Discussion Thread: My "Black Bruiser" is SOLD !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
And I thought you rode a Royal Enfield (from your excellent posts in the RE thread)

I rode the Bonnie rather briefly (thanks to "Sting"), and took the bike to near triple digits speed. 0 vibes

But my motorcycling experience is limited to a 12 year old Thunderbird and the Katoom 390
May be I had high hopes from bonnveille but forgot its solid mounted motor and a long stroke one.

It seems like everyone has different definition of love😉. Today went on a 130 km highway ride just to comfort myself that all is well.
Old 23rd March 2016, 20:57   #1007
BHPian

The pleasure was all mine, Urban Nomad!

Randhwa, there is a buzz at 1900-2000 rpm. Are you sure its speed related and not rpm related? Ive never been able to figure out why. But we could be referring to different things altogether.

Cheers,
Sting
Sting is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 21:14   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
The pleasure was all mine, Urban Nomad!

Randhwa, there is a buzz at 1900-2000 rpm. Are you sure its speed related and not rpm related? Ive never been able to figure out why. But we could be referring to different things altogether.

Cheers,
Sting
It's definitely rpm related as when I press clutch, everything gets quite. I don't have the techo so can't tell what rpm it gets more. After extensively test riding street twin which honestly I loved but I love my Bonnie even more now for one simple reason. The power/ grunt we have, we can beat street twin all day long. Apart from that it wins all the parameters. It surely is a street bike and rightly named street twin by triumph. It's more of a city bike then a highway bike only because it lacks the grunt we have on our bonnveille. But loved the suspension, seat comfort, flick ability and the 270 firing noise. It's a gem of a bike but I am old school and love my bonnie. It's way too light weight for me.

Last edited by Randhawa : 23rd March 2016 at 21:38.
Old 24th March 2016, 08:40   #1009
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
I rode the Bonnie rather briefly (thanks to "Sting"), and took the bike to near triple digits speed. 0 vibes
+1 . Call it vibes, vibration, buzz or any other darn thing from the dictionary.

I simply hate that word and it's after-affects

Bonnie had none of above for a fairly high kmph and that's why it was such a sweet-heart
Old 24th March 2016, 09:43   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Whats your general impression about the front suspension? I have felt it could be better - it sometimes clanks and crashes especially small sharp undulations and I felt it could have been better damped. Is it normal?
Old 24th March 2016, 09:53   #1011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Whats your general impression about the front suspension? I have felt it could be better - it sometimes clanks and crashes especially small sharp undulations and I felt it could have been better damped. Is it normal?
I have been told by Triumph it's normal but it should not be the case. Yes it clunks and bottoms out on bumps and potholes. You are not alone on this one but you will find people refusing to accept the issue simply because they are worried about their reputation.
Old 24th March 2016, 10:10   #1012
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a prominent "THUNK" sound whenever the front fork of Bonnie ( Base Version- No idea how the T100 forks responds) dips onto a speed bump or a pot hole at speeds above crawling ones.

It is a known issue and have mentioned in my thread many times in past

Request all newbie bonnie owners to read this ownership thread post by post. Have covered even the minutest of details
Old 24th March 2016, 10:20   #1013
Senior - BHPian

Thud is from bottoming out but did you had the clunk noise on small rough patches on road?
Old 24th March 2016, 10:36   #1014
BHPian

Not sure about the clunk of the forks but the Buzzing at 2k came up after my second service. I had got it done at 4000kms since I was headed off to Ladakh. Triumph as usual said its 'normal'. It had me worried when I first observed it but then just learnt to ignore it.

A thud when the front suspension bottoms out should be normal.

Randhwa. I've not seen any condensation on the headlight but will check again and post back.

Cheers
Old 24th March 2016, 10:59   #1015
BANNED

Can the Moderators kindly edit the name of this thread and remove the part about the black bruiser being sold ?
That part is no longer relevant and looks out of place !
Old 24th March 2016, 11:47   #1016
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
Not sure about the clunk of the forks but the Buzzing at 2k came up after my second service. I had got it done at 4000kms since I was headed off to Ladakh. Triumph as usual said its 'normal'. It had me worried when I first observed it but then just learnt to ignore it.

A thud when the front suspension bottoms out should be normal.

Randhwa. I've not seen any condensation on the headlight but will check again and post back.

Cheers
Just get the engine mounting bolts tighten up/checked. You won't see the condensation with the headlight bulb off. Switch it on and in few minutes you will see it in upper half of the cone, that is if you have an issue with it. Seen it on another Bonnie parked at the workshop, again the same reply "it's common". I just hate when they say it. I have made a request for warranty claim, supposedly it takes a month or two to even get a reply from UK.
Old 24th March 2016, 15:23   #1017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Thud is from bottoming out but did you had the clunk noise on small rough patches on road?
Yes, I'm not talking of bottoming. I'm talking of small sharp undulations / rough patches - a bit above crawling speeds and the clunk is prominent. However, smooth gradual undulations, however big, is taken with aplomb

Last edited by dinu2506 : 24th March 2016 at 15:25.
Old 24th March 2016, 15:35   #1018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Yes, I'm not talking of bottoming. I'm talking of small sharp undulations / rough patches - a bit above crawling speeds and the clunk is prominent. However, smooth gradual undulations, however big, is taken with aplomb
I have exactly the same issue. It's getting quite annoying now. What did the service centre guys said about the issue?
Old 24th March 2016, 15:41   #1019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
I have exactly the same issue. It's getting quite annoying now. What did the service centre guys said about the issue?
I have not reported it yet. Maybe it was always there, but once I started noticing it, its becoming annoying. This seems to be a known issue from what I see from the posts here and also on the net. Not actually a bother, but bit of an annoyance. But I'm enjoying the raised rear suspension from the Continental GT. All the bumps where it used to scrape is now history. Happy about that. The buzz you mentioned, I have not experienced it across any rpm. Always found the engine extremely refined across the rev range. Of course feels a bit rough when the engine is hot and its idling like at a traffic signal.
Old 24th March 2016, 16:18   #1020
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
Can the Moderators kindly edit the name of this thread and remove the part about the black bruiser being sold ?
That part is no longer relevant and looks out of place !
I'm the owner of this thread and title will NOT change

You are welcome to start a new thread to discuss regarding Bonneville and I can edit the title to remove the unwanted reference ( discussion thread) and can close this thread

Let me know what you guys decide

Cheers
Mobike008

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks