Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2014, 08:22   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Triumph Bonneville: My "Black Bruiser" gets ARROW'ed !!!

Congratulations brother ! I didn't see this thread for while.

Quote:
not taking too much time in unwanted deliberation/debate/heart vs. Mind dilemmas etc before buying something that I truly loved.
So true, I too follow the same.

What will happen to the RE 500 now ?

So, you use this for the weekend rides and Cruze is the daily drive.

Post few videos too, would like to hear the exhaust note.

Happy Riding and Ride Safe !!

Last edited by F150 : 3rd March 2014 at 08:23.
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 11:23   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Congratulations once again Mobike. The bike looks stunning. Ride safe and enjoy every moment of it. Nice jacket by the way. Would really love to hear the sound coming from those lovely looking pipes in stock form.
Thanks, Will try to record sound of the exhaust using the mobile phone and upload a video here shortly. Do look out for it !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
From the picture it looks like all the bikes on TR (Temp Registration) ? Why is it so ? Is there any issue with Registration with RTO ? Or is it that the owners have applied for favourite numbers and are waiting for it to come up ? I heard some such news (issues with RTO) from some Bangalore guys and the proposed Kochi dealer also said that he is still running from pillar to post to have the homologations recorded in the Kerala RTO system
Well, all bikes are brand new and less than a month old,hence on T/R.

Hyderabad is also a number crazy city and perhaps second only after punjab, people here pay lot of importance to which number they get for their vehicles

You can register your vehicle anytime after 30 days of purchase and many people wait for longer period for a certain number they prefer and fine is very minimal even if you do not register your vehicle even till 6 months ( 200-300 INR, or some such small figure)

Hyderabad doesnt have any issues with RTO and we can go and get the bikes registered without any problems. However, I understand Bangalore dealership still hasnt sorted the problems with RTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Loved seeing all the Triumph band lined up especially when they are all AP registered I must say the weather has been suddenly so good since last 2 days for you must have had a great drive. Did u get a chance to drive the Tbird , would like to know how it felt as I feel its a great cruiser
Yeah, the weather was fantastic. Really cold and cloudy with no hint of rain.

I took a picture of self on the Tbird ( will post later) but, didnt ride it as there was no opportunity for me. Maybe next ride, I will take a ride of the storm.

It really suited my rather large personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
What will happen to the RE 500 now ?
Maroon Marauder stays. No plan of selling it.

Monday to Friday (Work) : Cruze

Morning Rides : Bonnie

Gym/Walks/Short Rides : Classic 500

Bread, Butter, Anda (Egg) shopping : Pulsar

Last edited by mobike008 : 3rd March 2014 at 11:24.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2014, 11:43   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Maroon Marauder stays. No plan of selling it.

Monday to Friday (Work) : Cruze

Morning Rides : Bonnie

Gym/Walks/Short Rides : Classic 500

Bread, Butter, Anda (Egg) shopping : Pulsar
Poor pulsar

Post a pic of all the rides and your cruze.

What is your monthly budget allocation for FUEL ?
Old 3rd March 2014, 12:53   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Avinash,

From the picture it looks like all the bikes on TR (Temp Registration) ? Why is it so ? Is there any issue with Registration with RTO ? Or is it that the owners have applied for favourite numbers and are waiting for it to come up ?

I heard some such news (issues with RTO) from some Bangalore guys and the proposed Kochi dealer also said that he is still running from pillar to post to have the homologations recorded in the Kerala RTO system

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Also unlike in Bangalore or other cities where Dealer takes responsibility of full RTO work where bike is delivered with painted Number plate. Here in Hyderabad we need to go to RTO and get registration done yourself. All Car and Bikes are delivered in TR here.
Old 3rd March 2014, 14:22   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Black Bruiser completes 631kms after yesterdays ride. Some more feedback about BB after clocking these many kms

Thumbs-UP

1. No words to praise Bonnie's power delivery, ride and handling. On the highway, it really comes into being. It has practically made me lose my sleep. Iam not really a morning person but, these days Iam getting up early and plan for a short ride only to be scolded by wife which makes me trash the idea

2. Storm Rider during our ride yesterday commented, he likes the Bonnie better. In his own words, its a very unassuming bike and he got a pleasant shock when he opened its throttle on the highway

3. Mileage improved substantially to 20kmpl during last tankful.

4. Been keeping the bike between 80kmph-110kmph and varying the speeds.

Thumbs-Down

1. Saturday rode back home with wifey as pillion at noon from Triumalgherry X roads to home, roughly 15kms in bumper to bumper traffic and it was a bit of an harrowing experience and bike gets pretty hot. Though its easy to handle but, in my opinion its not meant to be used in heavy traffic conditions. Best avoided !!

2. The place behind oil sump has a huge gap and susesptible for dust/sand to get accumalated (Will post a pic when I get a chance) during rides and been to some offroading type of places also with the bike

3. Assuming T100 headlights are same. When riding, I note that Absythguzzler (Same bike as mine) headlights arent as bright as the T100 which practically illuminates entire headlamp console while SE console seems partially illuminated. There is a definete difference. Need to check if its alignment issue or anything else
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img_20140302_103804_edit.jpg  

Last edited by GTO : 7th March 2014 at 17:53. Reason: As per Techno's RP :)
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 11:04   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is a picture of yours truly on a "Triumph Thunderbird Storm"

Don't I look like I was born on that motorcycle?.....Wish I had those 16 big ones to plonk on it.

Who knows, maybe in a few years from now !!!
Attached Thumbnails
My Triumph Bonneville. EDIT: Sold!-img20140302wa016_edit.jpg  

mobike008 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 12:36   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Black Bruiser completes 631kms after yesterdays ride. Some more feedback about BB after clocking these many kms

Thumbs-UP

1. No words to praise Bonnie's power delivery, ride and handling. On the highway, it really comes into being. It has practically made me lose my sleep. Iam not really a morning person but, these days Iam getting up early and plan for a short ride only to be scolded by wife which makes me trash the idea
Great to see your experiences and racking up of the miles. Your ride is one classic stunner my friend.

On another note, I am glad to hear you are also getting the "Love" from your wife for your early morning bike escapades. Enjoy!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th March 2014 at 13:03. Reason: Please avoid quoting entire long post. Thanks
AC_genius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 19:29   #98
BHPian

Just wanted to post this amazing video review of the Bonneville by an owner from Australia. Its extremely funny and entertaining. Check it out.

Old 4th March 2014, 20:42   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
Just wanted to post this amazing video review of the Bonneville by an owner from Australia. Its extremely funny and entertaining. Check it out.
Thanks for sharing this video. But,

I think its the 3rd or 4th time being shared on the forum ( On other Triumph threads namely Triumph Launch and Comparison of 883 vs. Bonneville)
Old 5th March 2014, 17:13   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing this video. But,

I think its the 3rd or 4th time being shared on the forum ( On other Triumph threads namely Triumph Launch and Comparison of 883 vs. Bonneville)
Oh ok. Sorry. I didn't know.
Old 5th March 2014, 18:18   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ram
Apologies, quoted you just to draw your attention

I was having some discussion with my biking enthusiast friends and one of them is extremely particular about ABS as safety feature on bikes.

Would you be knowing if Bonnie is sold anywhere in the world with ABS as standard or option? Also, any info that Bonnie will be ever sold with ABS as standard in near future?

A general query, how does ABS really help in increasing the safety in bikes ( I know its purpose but, which situations does it really help viz.a.viz not being available on a bike)
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 21:30   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apologies, quoted you just to draw your attention

I was having some discussion with my biking enthusiast friends and one of them is extremely particular about ABS as safety feature on bikes.

Would you be knowing if Bonnie is sold anywhere in the world with ABS as standard or option? Also, any info that Bonnie will be ever sold with ABS as standard in near future?

A general query, how does ABS really help in increasing the safety in bikes ( I know its purpose but, which situations does it really help viz.a.viz not being available on a bike)
No need for any apologies at all Avi.

I would say that your friend has every right to be particular about ABS as a safety feature either for a bike or car.

Unfortunately Bonnie is currently not available with ABS anywhere in the world (to the best of my knowledge) and I am not aware of any talk about bringing one out with ABS

Remember - the crux of the concept of Bonnie is "Retro" and I think Triumph has already taken maximum bandwidth available to bring in "modernity" in to Retro without loosing the "Retro" itself. You should have seen the outcry in the press around 2008 when the EFI models appeared. I think to most hard core Bonnians, having an ABS on would be almost a sure sacrilege to the 'holy image of Bonnie.

Triumph does provide ABS on most models other than the "classis range"

ABS is indeed a proven feature for any wheeled vehicle and I think volumes have bee written about it. On a modern bike or car, for me ABS would be a decision making factor. Yes it helps in not starting a skid sequence in a sudden braking scenario (like an unmarked bump) and hence a useful feature to have (in my opinion) even on a bike.

I have asked TBHPian BritishBanger to comment further on it as he is a more qualified person to comment.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2014, 11:50   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have asked TBHPian BritishBanger to comment further on it as he is a more qualified person to comment
Thanks for the response Ram. I cant wait for BB to share a detailed insight into this aspect
Old 7th March 2014, 11:50   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

As weekend approaches a new and now familiar excitement seeps in.

Tomorrow my small group of friends ( almost all of them except one are Team-BHPians) are riding to Bidar ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bidar) which is rougly 275kms both ways.

It's a lovely place to visit and renowed for the "Gurudwara" & "Fort". 100kms which is mix of 4 and 2 lane roads and what iam looking forward to is 30kms of lovely curvy roads after Zaheerabad towards Bidar...

Following folks are riding tomorrow :-

1. Mobike008 (Triumph Bonneville)
2. Abysnthguzzler (Triumph Bonneville)
3. Mani (Triumph Bonnevile)
4. Xydon (Classic 500-Chrome & Black)
5. AshishYadav (Classic 500-Desert Storm)
6. Insearch (RE TB 500)
7. Rider60 ( Ninja 250)
8. Ecosportrules (Safety and video taking unit-Ford Ecosport)

Looks like I will have to drop my Black Bruiser for its 1st service on my return tomorrow
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2014, 12:25   #105
Senior - BHPian

Avi, once again, congrats on the Bonny. Wishing you many happy miles and years of ownership.

Do pick up a nice full set of riding gears. And like suggested, best to try and buy.

Do ride down to blore sometime. Would love to meet up with you and the bike.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks